Filter by rating :
filters

Your credit card was credited | Best Buy review from Hopewell, Virginia

Order Number: BBY01-416940056548 Dear Alan: There's been a change to the status of your order. Your order has been canceled at your request. The credit card (or other payment method) used for this order has been credited. If you used a gift card and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement. If you used a Reward Certificate for this order, points will be reissued to your Reward Zone Program account within 3-5 days. No, IT WAS NOT watch out for these guys....i dont think they give a ***
sfcguido

6 days to return the money.

sfcguido

no, i sent them a letter and then wished for the best. of course i called them.

9 times! not including the 3 or 4 times i just couldn't wait on hold. even talked to a guy from the "back office" and he told me if i sent the case to them it may "take longer". seriously?

essentially telling me if i attempt to resolve it quicker it could take longer? if they simply told me that it may take a few days for the credit i would have waited until i was credited. instead, i went to Lowes, dropped off a new refrigerator told me about the features, gave me an owners manual, knew almost everything about the model i have. I will not be shopping at "Best Buy" again.

Best Buy? worst service

Uh, did you try calling the help number?

Product
Best Buy Gift Card

They did not a thing for me an had someone help me that worked in games not laptops i was told late | Best Buy review from Cleveland, Ohio

iam not happy with best buy in akron ohio ! i feel like they just took my $ 1,500. an say bye ! they walk away when you are asking a qu: i was told later by the head manager that the kid that helped me sould not of helped me because he works in the game dept: i was getting upset with him i almost left and whent some where else !! i should have my laptop is 2 mounths old an has been sent away to be fixed an still is not right i called best buy corp: office an the girl i talked to agreed with me that it was to soon to be sent for work on it already !! from day one i have been telling bestbuy that there were things that was not right with my laptop that i would like it replaced it dose not feel new to me now and now my battery keeps telling me it is not good it only 2 months old !!! i am very very up set and mad as *** an pissed off the way i have been treated an i get told i will get a call acall not and email from best buy corp: offic with in 24 to 48 hours no call that is so not buss: like !!i have called dell and i am wrighting best buy and dell a letter .i think my lap top should be replaced to a new one that what i asked from the start .! i even had my 71 year old mother buy a lap top and other things from best buy and there were people that would not listen to what SHE WANTED ! JUST LIKE ME SO WE GOT THE HEAD MANAGER TO HELP HER THEY TOLD ME THER WAS NOT ANYTHING MORE THEY WOULD DO FOR ME !AND WHEN MY MOM PICED HER LAPTOP UP THE NEXT DAY THE GIRL JUST HANDED TO HER AN SAID BYE !AFTER THEY TOLD HER THEY WOULD EXPLAIN THINGS TO HER JUST THE WAY THEY DID ME AN SHE TOLD THEM HOW SHE FELT ABOUT IT.NOW I HAVE A MESS:ED UP LAPTOP .. I JUST FEEL THAT I WAS WAS NOT TREATED RIGHT FROM THE START I SOULD HAVE LEFT AN WENT SOME WERE ELSE .I GOT A LAPTOP AN A WIRELESS MOUSE A CARRY CASE AND A SONY CAMERA AND A HP PRINTER COPYER AND PICTURE IT TOOK ME 4 YEARS TO GET ALL OF THIS AND IT HAS BEEN A BAD BAD AND I MEAN BAD TIME FOR ME THER IS SO MUSH MORE THAT HAS HAPPENED I TOLD THE LADY FROM YOUR COPR: OFFICE ALL OF IT SHE WAS THE ONLY PERSON THAT DID LISTEN AN AGREE WITH ME BUT I NEVER GOT THAT CALL BACK ! And my laptop needs to be replaced that all i am asking for ! I PAYED GOOD MONEY FOR ALL OF THIS AN I THINK MY LAPTOP SHOULD BE REPLACED !!!!IT IS TWO MOUNTHS OLD ..This has maded things in my home life upsetting .I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING ELSE FROM YOU OR MY FAMILY IF THIS IS NOT WORKED OUT !! i have been treaded like i don't give a DAM ABOUT YOU ! WE STIL OTHER BUYERS ! cheryl phelps..

@Anonymous: It would have helped if you had used proper English. Or, if English is not your first language, use your native language. It would definitely have made it easier to read your complaint.

Having said that, it is no surprise to me that you did not get good service from Best Buy. They refuse to pay anyone but managers more than $10 per hour, and actually fired several hundred employees just because they made $11 per hour!

The only competent Geek Squad people, in my experience, are the older persons who have retired from another tech job and are working part-time just to have something to do, or college students getting a degree in computers who took the job to put experience on their resume. Even some of the managers in the computers department are ignorant.

Also, you should probably have called Dell instead of taking it back to Best Buy. Dell provides on-site service and support as part of their warranty, if the problem is a hardware issue. I'm actually one of the Dell technicians in this part of Texas.

Review

Best Buy: the only place where geeks know nothing.

I am disappointed in myself for buying a worthless service plan when I purchased my laptop back in 2008. I brought my computer in once for its sudden inability to produce sound and a stuck left-click button. The teenager basically admitted he wasnt sure whether or not that would be covered by my three year service plan - I would have to drop my computer off at Best Buy so that they could examine it first (and he couldnt tell me when I would get it back - who knows, it could have been weeks?). Furthermore, in addition to the THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS I already had wasted on this crock service plan, I would have to pay Best Buy extra so that they would safely store my information temporarily on an external hard drive while they work on my laptop - either that, or choose to sign a waiver stating that if they lose all of my data, they are not liable. Stay away from the GEEK FRAUD!!

It sounds like that was all correct. I'm assuming you weren't responsible and backed up YOUR OWN important files, "just in case"? If you didn't have anything important, or you DID save the files, then you wouldn't have to complain.

No one cover's software issues. No one. Period.

And the "teenager" did everything correct by not promising you anything, because he probably wasn't sure if it was the driver that caused the sound, or a blown speaker.

Or you could always call the manufacture, and they can walk to through steps over the phone.

@Anonymous: Dummy is correct. When I worked at a computer repair shop (NOT Best Buy), we had a specific list of viruses that we could clean, and a list of viruses for which our solution was to erase the hard drive.

If you had AOL on your computer, we *always* erased the hard drive, because at the time almost all of the impossible-to-remove viruses were coming from AOL. Unlike Best Buy, we did NOT back up your data to an external drive; if you didn't keep backups of your important data, that was YOUR fault.

If your computer is a Dell, and is under warranty, you should contact Dell instead of taking it to Best Buy. On-site service for hardware issues is part of the standard warranty. They would've sent someone like me, who knows what he's doing, to replace the motherboard, speakers, and palmrest.

The only exception is if the damage was the result of an accident, like spilling a Coke on it, unless you paid for Dell's (not Best Buy's!) "Complete Care" warranty.

If it wasn't a Dell, I really don't know what the policy of other companies like Gateway, HP, Sony, Toshiba, or Lenovo is for warranty service.

It doesn't surprise me that most of the people in the Geek Squad are... well, let's just say "less qualified than they should be". I think it's because Best Buy doesn't want to pay anyone but managers more than $10 an hour. As a result, the most qualified Geeks tend to be either college students getting a degree in computers that want to put some experience on their resume, or older employees that have obviously retired from some other tech job and are working at Best Buy part time just to have something to do.

It's standard for any repair facility to completely erase the hard drive and re-install the operating system.

The reason is, half the people with issues are causing it themselves by something they did on their own to the OS.

Especially if you are having a hardware issue.

ASUS, HP, DELL, Circuit City(before they closed) and BestBuy all do this.

Best Buy charged me twice for a Refrigerator

I purchased a refrigerator from Bestbuy.com and pick it up at a store near me. after purchasing it i was sent an email stating that it was not available at the store i chose. I then was directed to search for it at other stores. i found one about forty miles from my home. this was too far for me to drive with it in my car so i needed it delivered. i called bestbuy.com and they told me go to the store to arrange delivery. after standing in a long slow line for customer support i was told that they could not alter the purchase i made on line. that i could not add delivery charge and could not pay for it separately. i was told to call bestbuy.com and cancel the order and re-purchase it there at the store and they could add delivery. i was given the number and go call them. "next!" was the word i heard. so i wandered off to call them. after calling, of course, i was placed on hold for over twenty minutes. so the battery was going dead on my phone. i did not bring my phone charger and had to hang up. i then decided to go to the phone center at best buy and use one of their chargers so i could make the call again. so i plugged the charger in and made the call again...20 minutes again. so, i got the order canceled and went back to customer service and they told me to go to the appliance section and re-order it. i went to appliances and wandered around for 5 minutes and couldn't find anyone. i walked over to the home electronics and found two guys talking. i asked for some help and one of the guys just walked away! the other was responsive and helped me with the purchase. he was the bright spot, he did everything he was supposed to do and even went and looked at the frig for me to assure me it was ok, since it was a floor model. i made the purchase and went home relieved. the next day i found out that my checking account was in the negative. they never removed the charge from the cancellation. i called bestbuy.com and they said i would have to wait up to one week for the charge to be reversed. this is my checking account, i have checks pending i explained. they said, essentially, nothing we can do. i called back again and asked to speak to a supervisor, after another 30 minutes of waiting and transfers i spoke to someone who said they would talk to their credit department. they took down everything and said they would look into it. i then called my bank, they said it was was as a phone call from the bestbuy credit department. they needed a number that only the finance department would have, they do it all the time, no problem. of course they never called my bank and i still have a $1400 pending debit 3 days later. i called bestbuy.com again and they told me to just wait. i explained the situation and they transferred me to the credit department who told me to wait, i told them that my bank was waiting for a phone call from them, and then she told me that their computers were down and i would have to wait and call back. if was as easy as a phone call why didnt bestbuy tell me? why cant bestbuy talk to bestbuy.com. why are the two treated as two different companies. are they the same? its absurd that the customer service at a store cant alter orders made on line? all i wanted to do is add delivery! now i have other problems to work with. "next" is the only thing i heard after she (the customer support girl at the store) told me to call bestbuy.com.... i will never shop there again. only one person was helpful, out of the 8 i spoke to..not good odds.
Loss

Bait and Switch Scam canon t3i camera | Best Buy review from Barnegat Township, New Jersey

Purchased a canon t3i package deal on their online web site yesterday,ad advertised was for canon t3i camera,8 gig memory card,55/200 lens,and a carry bag,and paid for it on line with my bestbuy credit card. Went to pick it up with my paid reciete and they tried to give me a cheaper t3 canon.I said thats not what your ad advertises and thats not what I paid for.They told me to leave without my camera,customer service hung up 3 times because nobody knew what to tell me.I have the ad and my reciete and plan to persue this with consumer affairs and the BBB
Service
Best Buy Deal

Poor Customer Service | Best Buy review from Johnson City, Tennessee

I tried to purchase the Motorola Bionic cell phone at the Johnson City, TN store on 01 Oct 2011. The lady working the phone sales area was very rude and disrespectfull to me. This has never happened to me at any store. I simply left the store and purchaed the phone at Verizon. She walked away from me after I tried to explain why I wanted to upgrade my phone. She then began to help another man that had simply walker up to her. I had waoted my turn to talk to her. This is a horrible store for customer service.
Loss

Poor Customer Service. Period! | Best Buy review from Kansas City, Missouri

I was at the Best Buy in Liberty, MO, purchasing a tablet accessory. Now I do have to say that the sell associates by the computers are helpful. Almost too helpful. (Sometimes I need just a few minutes to sleep.) No real problems there. It's the cashiers that are horrible. A customer cut in line of two other patrons waiting to check out and the cashiers did nothing about it. Nothing. The other patrons had to handle the situation. And by the time I made it to the cashier had the audacity to pretend it was not her job to look-up a price that had rung up wrong. Imagine actually expecting an employee at Best Buy to actually do her job!

@nikalseyn

They price match. At my local best buy they even will do Amazon.com. And even their own website, unlike Walmart.

So the fact that the cashier didn't price check something is too much for you? They call people to check the price.

It's idiotic for anyone to just leave a register for a price check.

Also, if someone's cutting in line, that's not BestBuy's fault. That's the fault of the parent of the person who cut you in line for not teaching their child patience, or common courtesy.

Figure out who is actually being *** before complaining about the wrong people.

John N

I have said it before and will do so again---Best Buy is no longer the place to go for much of anything. Not only are their prices too high on most items, but as you experienced, the quality of their customer service and cashiers is now on a par with WalMart.

I do agree with you about the people in the computer area. I too have always found them to be knowledgeable and helpful.

Service
Best Buy Cashier
I bought an ASUS laptop, fairly expensive for school and personal use on-line from Best Buy. After 2 weeks i started having problems with it - intermittently shutting down on its own, non-responsive mouse, blue screen, and finally a fatal disk error. The fourth week i...

Most computers don't come with recovery discs. Thats why it's recommended that people burn them prior to playing with them just in case. I believe geek squad also offers this service.

And normally colleges have libraries, that....you know, have computers to do school work on it....For, obviously...Students who don't have money to throw at a laptop.

I agree with D'oh....

View more comments
Review
I have been a Best Buy Customer for 17 years. They were my first credit card, where I bought my first TV, where I shop every Christmas for electronics. After today, I will no longer be a Best Buy customer. On August 30, 2011, I purchased a Flat panel television and a...

A complaint about a store not accepting a return outside of their return policy is not a valid complaint. Case closed.

View more comments
Product
Best Buy Credit Card

Bestbuy lost me as a customer | Best Buy review from Charlotte, North Carolina

I bought a laptop 3.5 weeks ago. Only used 5 times and it will not power up. A rep at bestbuy said power supply went out. But they refuse to exchange it, they say they have a 2 week return policy. I think thats wrong when they specialize in electronics. I think that is poor customer service. Therefore I will never buy a single item at that store. Go to Walmart they have a whole lot better exchange/refund policy. They try to trick you into bying a extended warranty, then they will not honor that either. Best buy sucks!

It sounds like you didn't get the service contract they offer. Which replaces the ac adapter.

I'd go to the manufacturer, since they aren't the ones that offer anything like that.

The manufacturer will fix it and pay for postage. You are just ignorant and lazy.

All of this information was available to you before you even set foot into the store. You made a major purchase without thinking first.

How is it their fault that the manufacturer makes a *** product?

Read your receipt, if you notice it states that you have a two week return policy. That's on you for not understanding that your not the exception to the rules.

As far as extended warranty's go, bestbuy hasn't sold those since 2000.

Its actually a service contract. Look into it and you would have purchased it if you took the time to listen.

Contact the manufacturer