Filter by rating :
filters

BestBuy Customer Run-Around/ misrepresent product | Best Buy review from San Antonio, Texas

Pre-Ordered SWTOR CE(with time sensitive code), Arkham City, and 2 Nintendo DS(refurbished).Received a code for my swtor ce that was invalid for pre register, said was already in use. Called the toll free number was told I would get an email in 48 hours. I called back and was told another agent I could not contact, even though she gave me her extension(which i was then told they do not have)was working on my case. Then waited 15 days to get upset and call only to be told thtat the 24 hour customer service line has specific hours based on what department you want to contact. I have since received an email telling me my preorder for Arkham City is having billing issues and my Pre-order code for Swtor CE...god even knows about that. Faith in Bestbuy is destroyed, this is the LAST TIME I will ever make a purchase. My BB card is already cut apart

Best Buy: Accused of Breaking Kindle by Manager

Bought Kindle less than 1 month ago. Got 2 year protection plan. Yesterday screen froze on me, during the middle of reading. Was not dropped or damaged. Could not fix even with Amazon support. Today manager told me that "you must have damaged it somehow, which means we will give you another one, but your 2 year protection plan is void." Wouldn't give me a refund either, because I was expecting them to eat the cost on a defective product. Two lessons learned: buy Kindle straight from Amazon (they will replace multiple times if defective)and don't ever shop at Best Buy.

It costs us a lot of money to buy you a new Kindle which you only paid 30 dollars for a replacement for. Go *** yourself.

Service
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy refuesed my check for no reason

I went to Best Buy to purchase a flat screen tv for my 90 yr. old mother. I tried to pay with a check drawn on a joint acct. for my mother & me. It was denied. There is no legitimate reason for the denial and when I asked the store mgr. for the reason it was denied, he was unable to supply the reason. They have a "machine" at the check out that accepts or denies a check when it is put through it. The mgr. does not have the authority to override the "machine's" decision. So a word of caution. If you go to Best Buy and want to pay by check they may decide they do not want your business and deny payment.

The store I work for is the same way as Best Buy. IF the machine denies a check I have no way of knowing why it does that.

For all we know...you wrote 30 checks that day and your bank finally caught it and said STOP!

Maybe they thought it was stolen? WE just dont KNOW WHY so we cant do anything about it.

We cant wiggle our ears and get it to go through...that is between you and the bank you use.

Its their bank that denies it dumb ***, try balancing a check book once and a while

Alan C

Due to privacy laws, the store personnel will never know why your check was rejected. That is SOP and has been for years at all retailers.

Best Buy contracts with the third party and purchases over a certain limit, usually, $200, are heavily scrutinized.

The parameters are set by BBY corporate Loss Prevention.

Could be many reasons why check was rejected; that does not necessarily mena you have bad credit - BTW, Why wouldn't you then pay on your credit card and your mother/you write the check to reimburse you?

Best Buy uses a third party which checks your credit to see if they can trust accepting a check from you. If you have bad credit, then there is a higher chance of you writing a bad check.

So if your check was rejectd, it is because you have bad credit. Pay your bills.

Most customers are idiots.

I give up. People are just *** ***.

Best Buy (like most places) uses a third party to determine what checks to accept. They have no control over what checks go through.

Checks are not considered legal tender. No private sector business or person is obligated to accept a check as payment. Due to the increased incidence of bad checks, many businesses no longer accept checks from anyone.

View more comments (7)
Review
My laptotp was still working when i took to Besty Buy in hamilton place, chattanooga TN, I passed part of my documents and pictures in dvd or any space available at home, took it to best buy to copy everything in a external haddrive i bought rightaway, warning the...
Patrick

this mdamewo guy is *** weird lol not only can he not spell, it seems like he can't spell his userame. I'm sure his laptop is fixed, he probably just doesn't know to use it since he thinks it's called a laptot.

View more comments
Review
RE: Order # 00767-965367484 Oct. 12, 2011 Dear Messrs. Schultze and Dunn: Over the years I have shopped at Best Buy numerous times and spent thousands of dollars with your stores. (Check phone # 404-456-9074 if you care to see the record) Overall my experiences have...

So I looked up your service order at work today. It looks like you were trying to get a computer that was TWO years old fixed under the persona that it was still in the manufactures warranty.

You have two separate yet very similar laptops. One purchased in 2009 and the other last year. The one you brought geek squad was purchased in 2009. Therefore it is out of the warranty period. I also saw in your service order that you verbally abused geek squad agents when they called you to clarify the situation.

So in a nutshell you have no case whatsoever. Stop being an ***.

BestBuy-Worst Experience! 10/13/2011 | Best Buy review from Tampa, Florida

I pre-ordered the iPhone 4s for my wife for her birthday. I specifically asked the sales associate not to contact her by phone or email at all because it was a surprise. She seemed to be uninterested, but said OK, and handed me my receipt and instructions on getting the phone. I then went to look at tvs, I'm in the market. I looked for 20 Min's, had half a dozen or so sales people walk by without even an acknowledgement. I decided to leave. As I got to the door I noticed in the instructions that I would be called once the phone arrived, only I realized that she never even asked me for my phone number, and my wife's number was still listed. I then spoke to another sales person that assured me she wouldn't be contacted. And he took down my contact information. I got 3 minutes from the store and my wife called and said she just received an email from Best Buy in regards to an iPhone order, and asked me if I pre-ordered the iPhone in her name. Thank you for ruining the surprise Best Buy. I'll absolutely never shop there again! Tyrone store St.Petersburg, FL.
Alan C

You're kidding for posting this. Number or email on receipt - they call or email.

They are not your personal concierge. You paid for something. It arrived on a timely basis.

They contacted your home. I don't don't shop at BBY, but this incident is not a reason to abandon, lest show the world youhave nothing better to do than post ridiculous anecdotes.

Best Buy or Waste of time

My wife bought me a Sony camera as a gift. The Best Buy salesman told her this particular one was great. After wasting hours with Sony, I learn Best Buy sold a "open box" with parts missing and other parts that weren't for that camera. The salesman could tell my wife was not a technical person and hoped he could unload this camera that someone had taken parts from. Now it's a time wasting hassle to get a refund. I'm sick of companies pulling this stuff & then acting like it was a mistake. It wasn't a mistake.

They are still doing it. Even after they pretend that it was a mistake, they will try to sell you the inaccurately described product. It has gotten really bad.

I got a good idea. Dont let your ignorant wife shop for electronics. Also Sony is most likely lying to you so they dont have to deal with you.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Best Buy Black Tie Protection

Best Buy Black Tie Protection - what a ripoff. Advised it would cover all accidental damage, but when my daughter dropped the phone into a toilet, we were advised this was complete submersion and would not be covered. If it fell on the concrete beside the toilet and was destroyed, it would be covered. Average cost of this phone was like a $50 per month rental plus the bill! And to obtain this fine news, I spent well over 1/2 hour on the phone, getting tossed to 4 different people and getting disconnected once. If you can go anywhere else, go. If you must go here, either be very careful with your phone or buy cheap throw away models. If you see it falling towards water kick it into the wall - at least they'll cover it then
Shekita

yGG, Geek Squad or Best Buy employee....They screwed me too. After they robbed me of 2 1/2 years of $20 a month payments, they refused to give me a new or replacement phone when mine went nuts.

Also original salesman outright lied when he told me if I had the Black Tie coverage and my phone needed sent out for repair, "I would be given a loaner phone equal or better than the phone that was being sent for repair." Not true at all. No loaner phone period. I was told "That policy changed 2 years ago. You should have gotten an email or letter." So I attempted to cancel 3 times before having to have my bank stop payment on their charges.

Thieves. *** Best Buy and the Geek Squad.

I hope someone files a class action suit. I'd definitely be in on it.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

HARDS

The same thing happened to me. My son dropped my Blackberry in the toilet.

The guy that sold us the phone assured us that EVERYTHING is covered. Dumb me trusted him and didn't read the contract as we were rushed - other people were waiting.

Now they are telling me it's not covered. And they won't let me out of my "protection" contract ($9.99 per month until May 2014) even though I don't have a phone.

Alan C

Sorry, I'm with OP on this. Intent of plan is to cover physical and liquid damage.

If it were called in as "I spilled my iced tea on it," call center rep would accept. Therefore, the plans are solely based on the whims of the call center rep and what they hear.

In fact, outstanding customer service would be to TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMER, not look for an excuse to say NO. If you are the business owner and just lost this customer, how would you feel.

This is EXACTLY why BBY is losing record amounts of business to Amazon and other etailers.

I realize that the salesmen at Best Buy are lying *** but it's up to you to read the paperwork and know what you're getting into.

Accidental damage isn't covered for obvious reasons. Otherwise, any time you wanted a new phone, you could just give it a bath and take it in.

Lets review.

1. You bought a accidental damage plan from best buy. IN the terms and conditions it states only during normal usage.

2. I am pretty sure swimming in a toilet does not constitute normal usage.

3. Make sure your daughter does not do this again. Why people let small children play with things astounds me.

So, approximately 5 seconds after googling black tie phone I got to best buy's site for the geek squad warranties and ctrl f submersion yielded

This Plan does not cover:

ï‚· Damage to your product caused by accident (unless you have purchased the optional ADH Coverage),

abuse, neglect, intentional physical damage, misuse (including faulty installation, repair, or maintenance by

anyone other than an authorized service provider), unauthorized modification, viruses and/or spyware

(unless you have the Vi-Spy Coverage), performance failures due to not maintaining firmware updates,

extreme environment (including extreme temperature or humidity), external condensation, complete

submersion in liquid (e.g. pool, bathtub, etc.), lightning, fire, flood, insect infestation, rodents, war, terrorism,

computer software related failures, Acts of God or other external causes.

Read the Terms and conditions before buying plans on stuff.

View more comments (6)

Best Buy does not deliver

Ordered a stove with a delivery date 3 weeks away. Sat around waiting and there were a no show. Emails to customer service were not returned. I got a person on the phone and they changed the delivery date another 3 weeks away. So I have waited a couple months trying to get my stove. Today I received an email from them stating that due to a system error my order was canceled and I would have to start over. Not bloody likely. It is not worth trying to save a few bucks when dealing with this company. I ordered the same stove from Lowes and it will be here next week.

Exact same thing happened to me. BS.

Best Buy screws older employees

I've worked for Best Buy's corporate office for 18 years, through many head count reductions and once all of us having to apply for our jobs again to stay there. Suddenly, just before my 67th birthday I was moved to a department into a position I did not qualify for (40% difference in job means it has to be posted and people interviewed) with a new manager who was very controlling. A month after my birthday I suddenly began having shooting eye pain and after an MRI was put on drugs to control the pain. I didn't miss any work but five weeks later I was put on an action plan to get rid of me, lies were written on the Performance Evaluation and Action Plan by my manager. Nice way to destroy a career of 18 years of hard work, and it was done in a way that I'd receive no severence pay and they will fight any unemployment claim. What a wonderful company, they will throw you to the sharks if you are older and/or if you have a medical issue your manager doesn't want to deal with.

I'm sorry to hear that.