Filter by rating :
filters

Best Buy won't refund your money

I purchased an "out of the box" 37" LG t.v. without a remote or an instruction manual. The t.v. had a terrible picture and very poor sound quality. I opened a Best Buy account after the salesman told me about all the bonus points and saving I would get for opening the account and if I paid it off within 30 days. The next week I went to the store and paid off the account. I went to the store today to buy a cable to help with the sound quality and it didn't plus the t.v. turned off and wouldn't turn on again. I got frustrated and took the t.v. and the cable back to the store tonight....they refused to refund my money and said I have to wait 7-14 days for a check in the mail since my purchase was over $500.... so they have the t.v. and my money and I have nothing. I will never go to a Best Buy store again. They had the nerve to offer a store gift certificate. Are you kidding me? I called their national customer service line and they said the same thing...company policy is no money back for purchases over $500...they wouldn't even credit my debit card. Never, never, never buy anything at "Best Buy"....it's the Worst Buy I ever made.
Patrick

even though I don't completely agree with how Best Buy handles a return like that.. you're still technically getting your money back. you see, a check can be cashed in for money or have the money put into your bank account.

Best Buy is doing the same thing to me and it is not an out of box t.v.

This is stealing and I will sue them in district court first thing Monday morning.

The only time you can't get money back is for cash purchases over 500. this makes no sense.

@Cohena2 Oh its gonna happen to you some day because it has happened to almost everyone at some point or another in their life. When you get burned by some corporate company that could care less about you I bet you will squeal just as loud.

Maybe it was their last one, but if its defective then they shouldn't sell out of the box products, unless they don't give a *** about their customers.

Thousands of complaints against BB...they took a bath this month and that just put a big smile on my face. Corporate greed and Best Buy.

You called a poster "***"? Wow, gatta love the keyboard...and the internet...

I'd pay $200.00 to watch you say that to anybody's face other than your family members. :)

cohena2

For one you bought an out of box TV which shows you're not only stup1d for doing so, but also very cheap. You never know what kind of shape or use out of box products have seen to.

Next ime don't try and be cheap and purchase an open box product.

Two if thats their policy then thats their policy. Quit whining like a little baby and deal with it.

View more comments (5)
Review

Managers treat their employees like *** | Best Buy review from Woodbury, New Jersey

I just recently was at the best buy in springfield, pa returning something I did not need. The girl that helped me was so sweet and kind and even though she had been hassled by her previous customers she greeted me with a smile. I then saw a taller skinny man walk behind the counter to help with another issue. After he was done he said hi or talked to everyone around him except for this one girl. I was observing all this because I was waiting for my husband to go get the item we were exchanging. The man then walked passed her and said hi or had small talk with everyone around her. But she just stared out into the store. He did not even look at her. After he walked away she just hung her head down low and sighed. my husband finally came back with our exchange and I am a very nosey person so I asked her about it. she just shook her head and said she doesnt know. I then asked her who he was and she said he was her manager. I AM SHOCKED at the way that man singled out one employee and not talk to them for god only knows whatever reason. she looked so sad after he did not acknowledge her. she is an amazing worker and very helpful to her customers. she has genuine patience and a smile at all times. I am just shocked at the way HER manager acted like she didnt even exist when everyone surrounding her couldnt help but be around her. I hope that awful man makes her stronger instead of hurting her. he looks evil and if I ever need to speak to a manger I will refuse to talk to him.

Wow cohena2, are you perhaps, the coward manager described in the Best Buy, Springfield PA blog?? Only a shallow, unhappy, pathetic individual would treat others poorly to make themselves feel important. you are a sad excuse for a role model and part of the problem Americans face today.

cohena2

Nobody likes a nosey snitch.

cohena2

Nobody likes a nosey snitch.

cohena2

Nobody likes a nosy snitch.

Make it a point to sing her praises to that *** and comment on how unprofessional you found his behavior

View more comments (4)
Service
Best Buy Manager

Geek Squad Customer Service is terrible and does not honor contracts. | Best Buy review from Brooklyn, New York

I purchased an LED LCD Samsung television at Best Buy and the geek squad protection plan in July 2011. My television had a problem in October. Geek squad sent a technician a week after my complaint to access the problem. The technician made it to my house after having the wrong address despite my having confirmed the correct address when I made the call. I was informed that it would take a week for the part to be order. A week later, I was informed that the part was delayed and I'd have to wait an additional week. A month later, i am still waiting for the repair. When I called to complain about the wait and ask that my tv be replaced instead of repaired, I have been told that they WILL NOT replace my television and that I need to "be patient" and continue waiting.

Unfare return policy | Best Buy review from Jacksonville, Florida

We asked our gift givers to purchase our electronic gifts for us at Best Buy. In the past few years we have spent thousands of dollars there. One gift was past a thirty day return limit and Best Buys refuses to refund the purchase even though it is an item they still carry and the return item is still new and in the original box. I have a reciept but Best Buy says they will not consider refunds past 30 days. I have no use for this item and even though I have been purchased thousands of dollars of electonics at Best Buy in the past few years they are stiffing me with this useless gift.

People who say theyve spent thousends are broke @sses that dont spend a dime.

its policy..!!! like satan said its a gift didnt cost you nothing not a huge deal. And Nikalsyen Bestbuy is not a rental company you dont go and buy something then return it a year later and expect for them to take it back with no issues .

Return it to your "gift giver", ***. If you received it as a gift you shouldn't be out any money. You aren't losing a thing.

John N

Stores like to do this nonsense now because they do not have to take back an item. Some stores even want to charge a "stocking fee" regardless of when you return it.

I buy alot of stuff for future use and it can be a year before I actually start using the thing. Thus, I try to find a store that will not give me a hassle if for some reason the item needs to be returned, eg., defective. I know many years ago KMart would refund your money on anything, for any length of time. But, that was years ago.

Now, even a good store like Meijer wants to hold you to the 30 days. No idea what WalMart does as I try not to shop there to begin with.

BestBuy lost most of my business a couple years ago due to poor customer service. I shop for electronics online now.

Review
I purchased some small PC speakers and found out in the car after opening the box I could not use them. Ten minutes after purchasing them with cash I went to the service desk to get a refund. I was asked for my drivers license. I asked why he needed it and he said that...

I like this policy. If handing my I.D. over every 5 years or so when I have to return something stops the serial returners, I'm all for it.

View more comments
Loss

Declined check | Best Buy review from Sioux City, Iowa

Declined check, never had declinded check in 50 years. How embarrassing. Called bank, but they wouldn't talk with them, said I had to call # on back of check for Echecking. Made a special trip from Kingsley to buy keyboard. Said sometimes wouldn't accept checks from small banks. Could have payed cash or used credit card, but decided Best Buy will no longer get any of my business. Will tell the bank in Kingsley to let people know about this, and everyone I talk with , they don't accept checks from small town banks!@!! My husband has a business in town , so there's a lot of people will hear about this.

Kohls pulls the same ***. They are ***

Agreed. It is also not that specific Best Buy's fault; many larger businesses (especially ones that deal in high-end equiptment, like BB) can't accept local bank checks because it's their policy.

If you'd had a credit card with you and needed the keyboard you should have just used the card, it's the same amount of money either way. Don't take out your frustrations on the innocent employees that work there.

cohena2

Well put Pulltype. They reserve the right to decline any check because if they're liable to cover the payment if the check bounces. If they have the smallest feeling it may bounce then they decline the check.

These check approval companies do not answer to anyone. Use a credit card. Checks are very risky in today's banking world.

Cost me over $500 | Best Buy review from Richmond, Virginia

I brought my computer into Best Buy to be repaired by the Geek Squad. I paid $200 for the service. They were to reinstall Microsoft Professional and replace the hard drive. After picking up the computer and moving 16 hours away, I noticied that the Microsoft program was not re installed. So, after i brought the computer and documentation back to another best buy, they stated that i did not pay for the geek squad service ($200). I had to argue with them for about an hour about that, until i finally convinced them to look it up on their computer. They are unwilling to help, told me that it is not their problem, and now i have to rebuy the program (around $300) since i had to put all my household goods in storage for the next year (military move). I had a few other issues wrong with the computer after the hard drive was installed, but was assured when i picked up the computer originally that is was working "above" 100%. The usb ports quit working, among other small frustrating things. So i left my computer, which my gut said not to but did it anyways because i wanted a functional computer. They stated it would take 3-5 days, and to go ahead and call each day to see how the process was going. So, i gave it a few days, and tried to call three times with no answer. I tried again twice the next day to reach them, but again no answer. So i finally went personally into the store-40 miles away-to find out what the problem was. I found out what the problem was--the employees were too busy flirting with the young female customers, watching tv, and horsing around to answer the phone. At that point, i asked for my computer back, since i did not feel anything productive could be happening at that place. They also lost my computer and accessories that i brought in to be fixed. After three hours, they found the computer, but not the accessories. After getting really pissed and showing them that I did bring in the accessories (i made sure it was documented upon drop off), magically my accessories appeared.

Ex-Best Buy Customer

I have been a loyal customer to Best Buy for over 5 years. In the past two years alone I purchased over $4,500.00 worth of products. I recently pre-ordered the kindle fire after being told of a $50.00 gift guard incentive and was told I could pick up the Kindle Fire on the 15th of November. I went to the store to pick up the product and after waiting 30 minutes was told the product was not there. On the second day I went and after one hour I was told I would not be getting credit for the $50.00 deposit and had to pay the full amount for the product. I am going to return all the Christmas presents and the products to get full credit and will never set foot at any Best Buy store ever again!!!

First of all, (another ex best buy customer) there is not way for a bby employee to sign you up for that protection thing without your consent because you have to sign for it. Second of all, (Cedimari) the $50 deposit is put on a gift card that they give you, which can be used at any time, for anything at any best buy, its just a way for them to track the pre-order and the $50 is just to make sure you get one.

Now if they didn't have the kindle fire because maybe amazon didn't send them out when they said they would, or there was a shipping error, that sucks cuz you have to wait, but is not bby's fault. And third of all, (joshuasamah), if your receipt showed there was money on the gift cards, you could easily tell them to run them anyway. Obviously the person who was helping you didn't know what they were talking about or were confused. I don't know why people don't just use their brains.

If it were me, I would not let them take my $50 bucks and not use the giftcard. You can have them run swipe the card. Don;t just take them on their word. For goodness sakes people.

You wouldn't have to complain so much if you just would think a little bit. You make me angry.

The same thing happened to me today! I am filing a complaint of consumer fraud with my state attorney general's office.

I pre-ordered two Kindle Fire's on October 15 and was told if I pre-ordered I would receive two gift cards-which were given to me at the time of purchase-and that the gift cards could be used when I picked up the Kindles. When I picked them up today I was told that the two $50 gift cards were not gift cards at all but just were proof of my pre-order deposit! My receipt shows my deposit of $100 and shows two $50 gift cards were given to me. They are shown as separate transactions on the receipt.

This is deceptive and fraudulent. They lost me too as a loyal customer.

So, just out of curiosity did you guys buy things like protection plans and accessories and all sorts of things like that or did you just buy products outright? Like laptops, dvd players, tvs and stuff like that without the cords, protection, or services to have the stuff set up?

Because if you did you probably didn't make them any real money anyway. I used to work in retail and people think they are some super loyal customer that makes the company a lot of money, but really they don't. They just buy a bunch of core products and leave so it's actually better for them to sell to customers who are going to buy other things that make the store money and lose you as a customer.

It's actually better for business to not sell to people that do that because you lose all the profit from the stuff you could've sold connected to the product to someone else. It's sad, but it's true.

We purchased an I MAC (not cheap right?) and financed it through Best Buy. As we reviewed paperwork we realized they had sign us up for "protection Shield" which we adamantly declined upon purchase.The bill showed we were going to get billed for this .

Upon talking to Customer Service in the Rochester,Mn. store and expressing that we had planned to buy an Apple laptop and printer, but not from them any longer, Chris the Rep. said "Awesome , there are all kinds of places to shop in America" and passed me onto her Manager. We spent 1 and 1/2 hrs on the phone to cancel this charge .

What a pain.

I'll never go back even for a CD... Thanks

Bestbuy employees pissed me off | Best Buy review from Jacksonville, Florida

i went to bestbuy store in orange park, florida, i touched digital cameras couple times and the *** alarms went off and an employee approached me and threatened if i do it 1 more time she will throw me out of store! my god! i could not believe my ears! So go buy on internet, don't bother with bestbuy, let them die! i repeat: i went to bestbuy store in orange park, florida, i touched digital cameras couple times and the *** alarms went off and an employee approached me and threatened if i do it 1 more time she will throw me out of store! my god! i could not believe my ears! So go buy on internet, don't bother with bestbuy, let them die!
cohena2

I agree with Tasha. What are you five years old?

Obviously your parents didn't teach you any common sense or manners.

After the first time you set off an alarm you should've (but obviously were not) smart enough to know not to set off the alarms again. I don't think Best Buy will miss having a childish customer like you.

Best Buy = online service + higher product cost

"Best Buy = same as online service at higher prices! Recently bought a home theatre system from Best Buy and was promised higher quality of customer service! In reality, system was dumped in my hallway even after my wife ( I was not home do to unreasonable 7am-7pm scheduled deliver y window) asked for geek squad delivery to at least help her put 200+ lb 65"TV in floor stand. I then called customer service, was told taking TV out of box was a payable service and salesperson must have "mis-spoken". After asking for customer service manager, I was placed on hold for 30 minutes and then hung up on! Amazon has lower prices, quicker delivery, and doesn't over promise and under deliver! I will never shop Best Buy again and now know why they are losing customers to on-line!"