Filter by rating :
filters

Terrible customer experience! | Best Buy review from White Oak, Texas

My family bought a fridgidare package. retail value $2140.90 on October the 15, 2011. Installation scheduled twice thereafter and cancelled both times. This was the third attempt at installation and they still cant get it done after a two month time period. This is ridiculous. I want a full retail value refund on the two out of three peices that I could not install and them to come pick them up. This was best buy on loop 281 in longview texas. k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k

Federal Way Store refused refund | Best Buy review from Seattle, Washington

I had the brand new cables and receipt and the manager told me that Best Buy will not take any refunds after 30 day's. I've been recoperationg from multiple surgery's and have not been able to return the cords, untill now. So informed her, that Best Buy will NOT be getting any of my Christmas Shopping buissness. Nor will I be shopping at Best Buy ever again. So if you cant make this right, I am going to inform All my email contacts, to boycot Best Buy for all their Chrismas Shoping buissness. Ya I am Pissed.

:?

oh I'm sorry...maybe you should tell you mommy and she'll bake you some cookies and go give that mean mean man a talking to! believe md when I tell you...they don't want your business...you are a main in the *** and waste so much of a retailers time they are financially better off without you.

you already sound annoying you should have sent some one if you couldn't meet the return deadline not bestbuys fault just yours

Its a 30 day return policy on most items it is just that a return POLICY nobody can predict what will happen sometimes you just have to suck it up and cut your losses

30 days means 30 days, not 30 days unless you have story. This is standard at most retail stores. Better swear off of Wal-Mart as well as any other store with a 30 day return policy.

Jesus...I swear there is no self-accountability anymore, it's always someone else's fault...

Best Buy Manager
Loss
Optimum is the name of the company that best buy uses to do there installations for appliances. THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD. LET ME SET UP THE SCENARIO FOR YOU: My appliance was delivered on time on November 21st. The installation "tech" was...

I too am having horrible issues with the third-party vendor Optimum; I purchased 4 appliances and was told they'd all be delivered at the same time, needless to say, it didn't happen. After 2 hours of being bounced around, still no refrigerator, no supervisor to speak with and no phone number to call Optimum myself.

I will NEVER purchase another product from Best Buy; it's clear there is no quality control of the delivery service. Best Buy took my money, they should be accountable for the way their vendor doing business.

View more comments
Loss

Best Buy discriminated against my mother

Update by user Nov 23, 2011

There have been some comments on this complaint showing that people dont really understand what my problem with best buy is.. it isnt about them not letting her sit in the car to get ticket that was simply the question I called to ask the lady.

My issue lies in the customer service from this woman. The way that she spoke to me and stating that my mother should stay at home and that they do not accomodate people with disabilities black friday or any other day of the year. I was trying to explain the entire story so you would understand the basis of my issue. The woman should be versed in how to speak to consumers.

The fact remains that if my mother decides she wants to get in that line and wait she has every right to do so. S

Update by user Nov 23, 2011

Original review posted by user Nov 22, 2011

The best way to let you know what happened is to post the email that I sent to best Buy's CEO Brian Dunn. I spoke with the consumer relations department who stated that he spoke with the GM and assistant GM of the Best buy store in question in Greensboro NC. He stated to me that they told him " they were sticking to their guns" I'm not sure what that means I just want an apology to my mother. Here is the email: I am contacting you regarding a recent phone conversation I had with a store associate at the Best Buy in Greensboro, NC. I initially asked to speak with a manager when the lady on the phone informed me that she could help me. I asked her about the Black Friday sale, since I have never went shopping on Black Friday before. I asked her about what time is best to start lining up to receive a ticket needed for certain purchases. She stated that she was unaware of the "right time" to line up. I relayed to her my situation concerning my mother who wanted to purchase the TV that you have for 199.99 (she would never be able to afford it at regular price). I told her that the expected temperature will be 33 degrees here that night and since my mother is a Cancer patient currently going through chemotherapy and radiation at Duke University Cancer Center is it possible if I stand in line and she stay in my car parked in the handicap section so she could have heat. Once the tickets were handed out I would get her out of the car to receive her ticket and then I would put her back in the warm car. She stated to me "ma'am we have no way of knowing if your mother has cancer or not". I explained to the lady that considering she is in a wheelchair, bald and 98 pounds that it is rather obvious but I would be glad to provide documentation. She placed me on hold and upon returning she stated "they would not be able to do that and she would need to stand in line like everyone else." If the conversation had ended there I would have hung up, taken back by the comment concerning knowing if she had cancer or not, and went on my merry way but it did not. The lady then stated to me could someone else come in my mother's place and I informed her that no one else was available to do that, if so I would not have called. She then stated to me and I quote "Maybe your mother should stay at home then." I was so taken back by this comment that I replied to her "So you do not accommodate person with disabilities or cancer" and she replied back "that is correct we do not" The fact that this woman stated she should not be allowed to come shop there because she has cancer is appalling. My mother is not going to be discriminated against because she suffers from cancer and is in a wheelchair. I will no longer shop at Best Buy and I will inform as many media outlets, consumer report sites as well as whoever will listen about the phone conversation I had with your store representative who informed me of Best Buy's feelings toward those with disabilities and illnesses. The treatments may have ravished my mother's body but it has not diminished her desire to live. I have spoken with your consumer relations team and I am awaiting a call back currently. I wanted you to be aware of what transpired.
Consumer A

lol, you were obviously lying, and the customer service rep at Best Buy called you on it. Since your plan was to be there with your mother anyway (so she could stay warm in the car), the rep asked if perhaps "someone else" could stand in line for her; i.e.

YOU! When you said that was not possible (even though you had already told her you would be there the whole time in the car), you were busted, and you knew it.

Dumbest.

Scammer. Ever.

@ dummy and cohena2 *** ck you both!

I agree Best Buy sucks. Go to new egg and buy what you need.

You fail. This private retail store does not care about your predicament and they are 100% lawfully right in doing so. Again, you fail.

cohena2

Oh boo hoo hoo. Cry me a river.

The world is going to end because your mother has to stand in line like everyone else. Oh well will the world go on after this traumatic event?

This world is falling apart cuz of people moaning and complaining. I suffer from depression, long lines and the cold "depresses" me.

I guess I should jump to the front of the line.

Sorry about your mom but you're a cry baby. I'm going to Best Buy today to buy that TV at full price to ensure I maximize their profits.

So you can stand in line and drive her and wait for her, but you can't just buy the television for her? Come on.

Also, I'm certain that Best Buy does not discriminate against people that are handicapped.

Cancer is not considered a disability, it is an illness, and if they start letting people with illnesses go to the front of the line, where does it stop?

I'm pregnant, should I be able to go before everyone else? My sister is bipolar, should she go before everyone else?

if your mother has cancer and is 98 pounds and in a wheel chair how is she going to beat down the mob of people in the store and carry the tv to her home since she is in a wheel chair she cant be driving and you stated there is no one to stand in line either or drive the car. I smell BS. stand in line like the rest of us.

View more comments (7)
Best Buy Manager
Best buy sends out emails advertising their great Black Friday promotions but is the second year in a row that is impossible to buy from them. Last year I placed an order by phone and they delivered the worng computer in the store, of course that the one I wanted was...

We ordered a Playstation 3 bundle from BestBuy (online) for our son 4 days before Black Friday. This was part of a "secret" sale for their "best customers".

We ordered the bundle ($199), they confirmed the purchase, and they charged our credit card. While out shopping on Black Friday, we saw many retailers offering this same bundle at this same price, but we were secure knowing we had one on the way. this deal was offered at BestBuy, Meijer, and a few others) Last week they sent us an email indicating out order had been cancelled! When we called the customer service department they indicated that the item was on 10 day back order.

Our reply was "okay, we have plenty of time before Christmas...no problem". They replied that unfortunately our order was cancelled and we were not on the wait list. After numerous calls with them, they refuse to honor the purchase we made. We made it 4 days before Black Friday...they confirmed the purchase...we passed up opportunities to buy this from other retailers given we had one purchased...and now we cannot find this bundle anywhere for less than $300 (Amazon has it for this price).

Best Buy needs to honor their commitment since we cannot get this deal anymore or agree to refund the difference if we need to buy it somewhere else. Other family member have already bought my son PS3 games, and my son wants a PS3, so we HAVE TO buy one....we are very upset that it appears we will have to pay $100 extra because BestBuy screwed up when .

They need to fix this. BTW- I can't imagine we are the only ones they are doing this to.

View more comments

Refused to sell us a refrigerator | Best Buy review from Des Moines, Iowa

We went to Best Buy to purchase a refrigerator, the sales person who helped us, did everything he could to find one to fit the space available. We finally decided on the refrigerator and found out they didn't have one in their warehouse. The sales person located what we wanted and put a hold on it. We drove from one side of Des Moines to the other, to pick up the refrigerator,and we were told they couldn't sell it, because they must keep 3 in the warehouse, and they only had one. Refused to sell it....so we went to Lowe's purchased the same item for a better price and our purchase will arrive Nov. 22nd!

Hello AnnMarie - That seems absolutely ridiculous. I most certainly hope the Jordan Creek Best Buy was NOT involved in the second half of your story.

If so, I would like additional details to ensure that our store is providing the correct information in regards to situations much like this one.

The ONLY reason this would ever happen is if the only appliance left in the store was the floor model (used as a display to show what we carry - not always what's available to take home the same day. Additionally, free delivery is usually an option for appliances over a certain dollar amount.

BEST BUY- SEEKONK, MA

I AM SO ANGRY WITH THIS STORE!!!!! I AM EXTREMELY BUSY AND PLACED AND ORDER ONLINE SO I COULD EASILY PICK IT UP WITHOUT HAVING TO WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE AND THEN WAIT IN THE REGULAR LINE. I WAITED AT THE "PICK UP" LINE FOR OVER 15 MIINUTES WHILE A EMPLOYEE FLIRTED WITH TWO GIRLS THAT HE WAS CASHING OUT (THEY WERE NOT PICKING UP AN ONLINE ORDER- HE ACTUALLY SAID TO THEM THAT HE WOULD "HELP THEM THERE SO THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE HASSLE AT THE REGISTERS". WHEN HE WAS DONE WITH THE TWO CUSTOMER HE WALKED AWAY. I ASKED HIM IF HE WAS WORKING IN THIS AREA AND HE TOLD ME NO. I TOLD HIM I WAS THERE TO PICK UP AN ONLINE ORDER AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE COULDN'T HELP ME AND TO GO WAIT IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE. AS I WAITED IN THE PICK UP LINE FOR 20 MINUTES AND WATCHED CUSTOMERS COME AND GO FROM THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE, I THEN WENT TO WAIT IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE. FINALLY, I WAS ASSISTED AND RECEIVED NO APPOLOGY FROM EITHER OF THE EMPLOYEES. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE HORRIFIC CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT I HAVE JUST WITNESSED!!!!!!! I AM ASTONISHED HOW POORLY THE EMPLOYEES TREAT THERE CUSTOMERS! BEST BUY, I AM TRULY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU! AWFUL.

Well, they're closing ALL their 11 UK stores - which first opened on April 30, 2010 in UK - They planned on opening 200 store but they never had a chance against their UK competitors. "Challenging economic conditions and profit expectations of these stores, Best Buy Europe is announcing that it plans to close all 11 of these stores effective at the end of the calendar year"

Your capslock key is stuck. You are welcome. Simpleton.

cohena2

There is NO need to keep your caps lock on. That only annoys people and makes them not want to read your complaint.

John N

Well, join the crowd of people fleeing BestBuy. They really no longer have anything resembling "customer service"----------and don't seem to care! Shop elsewhere, and probably cheaper.

Best Buy Deal

1st visit wearing ravens jersey clerk refused to wait on me , he was a steeelers fan | Best Buy review from Pawleys Island, South Carolina

The first time that I ever shopped your store, I was looking for a Garmin Gps. I waited a few moments and a gentleman came over, stopped when he saw that I was wearing a Baltimore Ravens jersey. He then said "I won't wait on you with that shirt. I thought he was kidding, but he walked away to the other end the store, and did not come back. Needless to say, I left the store confused and irritated. I then went about two or three blocks away to Best Buy and made my purchase. I can understand team loyalty, but this was rediculous
cohena2

This story is bogus since you can't even tell us what store this happened in.

BEST BUY TRICKED ME

BOUGHT A I PAD , THEY SOLD ME ONE THAT I CAN NOT CHANGE THE SERVICE. I M STUCK WITH VERIZON AND THE SERVICE IS BAD. DO NOT BUY FROM BEST BUY, THEY WILL GIVE YOU WRONG INFORAMTION ON THERE PRODUCTS I WENT BACK TO THE STORE IN BALWIN AND THEY DID NOT WANT TO HEAR ME. I EXPLAINED WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND THE ONLY THING THEY SAID WAS SORRY YOUR OVER THE 30 DAYS. D ONT COUNT ON ANY HELP FROM THIS COMPANY. IF IT OVER TEN DOLLARS BUY IT SOME PLACE ELSE. THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER IS A WASTE OF TIME ALSO

best buy told me I can choose att or verizon when I get home.

Bradley

Sounds like the Best Buy I know. I think I've been asked to leave 3 of their stores because I told them what I thought of them!

@ rrdr75 You are the *** ing dumb@aa you st upid son of a bi tch!

You bought a iPad and they gave you the wrong one? And you noticed 30 days later? Sounds like you picked the wrong iPad, now you want to unlock it for something else and notice Verizon dont let you dont blame bestbuy for being a total dumb@ss and not researching what your getting.

Best Buy customer service

We purchased a $ 3800.00 Sonus System waited 5 weeks for the install & when they showed up did not have the outside speakers that we ordered did not know where the are although we already paid for them. Called the Store manager at the Brentwood Tn location & he said that he would check & get back with me but never did! Worst customer service ever!!! I used Best Buy because I THOUGHT that they would be good to call if there we any issues Guessed wrong on that one. I called 3 Days ahead on the installation to confirm on a time which they said they could not do until the morning of.Everones time is important & you would thing being the customer they should be calling to give you a window instead of me having to chase them down..This will be our LAST BUY at Best Buy!!