Best BUY FALSE AD

Best buy put this pc in Black Friday ad. Toshiba-Laptop / Intel® Pentium® Processor / 17.3" Display / 4GB Memory-Matrix Graphite-L775-S7307. Their website listed it as a $999.00 computer that you could buy for $349.00 on black Friday only. Within an hour listed as sold out. Turns out that this is the everyday price anywhere for this level pc. and Best Buy's everyday price also. And it is no longer sold out later in the day. So no more shopping at Best Buy for this lost customer. Think Best Buy could come up with better scam than this.

I almost never purchase anything at best buy since I can get much better deals at tigerdirect and newegg. However I got a pair of washer/dryer about 2 years ago which were 40-50% cheaper than anywhere including sam's club and Costco.

I got a refurbished phone with 3 receivers for 39 dollars which sold elsewhere for 100+ for refurbished ones and am still using it for over a year and a half.

I saw this same add and this laptop is not refurbished mind you. The refurbished ones sell in the 400-500 range through various sources and new ones are around 400-800 depending on where you get them from.

The 999 is misleading I assume but this laptop for this price is a steal and after seeing it on the website for about 4 days, I decided to buy it. I did a "pick up at store" option and 3 days later when I went to the store, it was ready and waiting for me.

Once you buy it online, you are locked in at that price and since the transaction goes through, they can't come up with the "we ran out of them" excuse and if they do, they are required to offer you the same or a better system for the same price. However, unfortunately in your case, they told you they were out of it.

That may be a way to lure customers into spending more money but different from other places which actually will sell "1 single item" at that price and then try to get people to pay more money for other items, Best Buy did have this item available for purchase through the internet for at least 4-5 days and that's how I got mine.

You may want to purchase it online next time and then cancel it or return it if you don't like it, but it seems to be the only way to lock that price and ensure that you do receive the item for the price you paid for it.

This is not a bait and switch. Stop trying to use that term to suit your needs just because you didn't get what you wanted. Go look up the CORRECT meaning of bait and switch dipsh1t!

Its not bait and switch, I am surprised managers give it to you.

Actually we legally can do this and its not bait and switch. If you get a manager who does not want to deal with you complaining then they will change it but we have an agreement with every computer manufacturer to optimize 30 percent of all computers we sell and we reserve the right to price what we want on a service that is defiantly worth more than what you would be paying for it.

All adds say # minimum in store. Once those are sold out then it is not bait and switch to sell you a superior computer.

For the third time, I responded to a laptop sale ad at Best Buy to find that "Oh, you're in luck, we only have one left and it's loaded with this extra stuff that's $100 more. Take it or leave it." Eventually this neanterthal brain figured it out.

If this happens to you (and it will), Find a manager (preferably on the sales floor) and say these three words very loud: BAIT AND SWITCH.

You will find that you simply misunderstood what the words "take it or leave it" mean. They mean, "please take this at our advertised price or leave it."

View more comments (4)

Screwed by Best Buy

I purchased a "open box" FTQ307NWGX Oven from BB the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. They loaded the oven in my truck wrapped in plastic. When I got home my old slide in oven was removed and the counter top and bracing was cut out to install this full size range. It was not the one I purchased! No problem, I call BB and say, hey, you loaded up the wrong range, please deliver the correct one that I purchased. They stated , after Thanks Giving. I about *** I cant re-install my old slide in, and me and my family get to eat out at a chineese resturant for Thanksgiving! I get a 60 dollar gift certificate from BB after calling their corporate office...woohoo. Mike at the Independence store in VA Beach needs...well an ***....kissin? I was offered ten dollars to take this one back and get the one they should have loaded in the first place. Not a big issue in life but I was wronged and told to stick it by BB. True statement by my wife.." We could have bought this range at any store, and got the right one" Mike stated, "Not at this price you wouldn't, you already got $400.00 off" Tell your husband we will give him ten dollars in gas to bring the wrong one back, and we will load up this one". Well Mike, I'll give YOU ten dollars to deliver the "Correct" one, pick up this "wrong" one, lift it in the truck and take it away. The so-called General Manager, he needs to go. He hates his job or or has no customer service skill's IHO. He passes you down bad information to a salesman who has no "power" to make a decision. This salesman filled us in about the "GM". He is Hard on Employee's and does not give a *** about customer service. He feels "Most cutomers are whiners looking for a deal" He's gotta go! I'm looking for what I paid for, nothing else! The GM's name will not be hard to find for BB Management, the date was 11/22/11 at this store. He's the one that made the final decision to my wife, she left the store crying/upset. Sorry for the rant. If called upon, I will meet the GM and attest to everything posted here, with his superior .

imply you at some point drove back, and could have resolved the issue with all your giftcards in hand from BB. Thats your problem Timmy, you imply, without information, \"all my giftcard\'s, etc.

Where the heck is that written? Let it Go, for god sakes I\'m over it. Tim, you sir, are an *** with no life.

You are correct, Best Buy did as advertised, I conceed the point. Thread closed.

TimThomas

Moral of the story, BOTH parties are responsible for verifying the item being loaded when you buy something large from a retailer. You should have noticed when the oven they loaded was a 30 inch not a 24 incher.

Highly doubt doesn't equate to me being there, and you were the one saying your wife was crying at the store which would imply you at some point drove back, and could have resolved the issue with all your giftcards in hand from BB. All I was pointing out is that your story is full of embellishment to try and make people side with you.

And no I do not now nor have I ever worked at Best Buy, nor am I afraid to tell people stuff to their faces. You posted a sob story on a website after adding dramatic effects to it, and for my amusement I responded.

Jess

I was under the impression you were just upgrading because of a good deal and that you, yourself owned the vehicle so it was only a matter of time and gas wasted, so for that, I apologize. I'm curious why your family was hosting Thanksgiving for out of town guests with a oven on the fritz but its not super relevant.

I guess my point is, things like delivery, are booked up far in advance and I know for a fact my local Best Buy does not deliver out of their store, rather the item has to be transfered to a distribution center where trucks are loaded up to deliver to homes. This can take a few days, and with a holiday fast approaching, is not feasible. All I was getting at was that it didnt seem like a HUGE inconvience to run up to the store and do the swap out there. New oven, Thanksgiving not ruined, problem solved!

I'd gladly load up your oven, take it back to the store and complain my way into a better, new in box item for a discounted rate, or a $100 giftcard, because those are things managers have some control over.

So what ended up happening if you don't mind me asking..?

Did you pick up the correct one, were you compensated in anyway? Did Thanksgiving happen for you and your family?

Written by Jessa0756I never understand why people replace major appliances right before a holiday, esp when it sounds like your old one was still working just fine..I had no choice, My oven lower burner just died. I dont want to \"stick it to them\" as you stated.

I borrowed a truck and picked it up. I had a nieghbor help me unload it and carry it in the house. Upon removing the cellophane plastic, it was revealed that the wrong stove was loaded. All we wanted wasa the correct stove deliverd by the next day, Wednesday, the stove that I paid for.

My neigbors work for a living, like me, they would have to *** work to help me go get this and fix BB\'s mistakeWritten by Jessa0756but you too sir failed to plan ahead, have a back up plan in case something did go wrong, and refusing to just take the item back yourselfJessa, you are correct, my fault. Your oppinion..well speaks volumes about youirself.

Why dont you load it up for me and haul it back for BB? They will appreciate it and your resonce to this complaint.

Jess

I never understand why people replace major appliances right before a holiday, esp when it sounds like your old one was still working just fine..?(correct me if im wrong) This is the absolute busiest time of the year and trust me things go wrong with all kinds of purchases (big or small) all the time at every retailer. Sure, they should have made sure to get you the product you purchase, but you also could have checked the product before you left the store.

Wrapped in plastic or not I'm sure some distinguishing characteristic was visible.I get that you wanted to "stick it to them" by making them deliver the correct item, but deliveries are made by 3rd parties, scheduled days in advance and in some cases, cost extra.

If you had access to a truck, why not take the incorrect one back and get the correct one and have your Thanksgiving? Sure a little inconvienced, but I bet if you spoke to the manager in store you would have been compensated better(tends to be case where I work at least) YES Best Buy dropped the ball by loading up the wrong item but you too sir failed to plan ahead, have a back up plan in case something did go wrong, and refusing to just take the item back yourself.

"I don't however understand the catastrophe of making it there with aforementioned truck"

Lawyer liberal friend, the stove was to be delivered after Thanksgiving. This was thei mistake, it was early Teusday!

I had no oven thanks to Best Buy. That means all of our out of town relitives visiting us, including my family have eaten out for the holiday. No really big deal, I understand. I paid for it!

But I have to ask, where did you spend Thanksgiving? I have served in the Military, and still serve, I miss many holiday's.

When I'm home, every holiday is special! I'm outa here.

Are you really Adam, the manager from this store? You sir, are misinformed.

I told the truth, I never stated the GM "Hated" employee's or customers.

You mis-quote me and add your wrong opinion of the facts. I ask again, are you an employee of Best Buy?

You were not there, yet you have a comment that is totally wrong. (bob) Stated that to me!

You wrote "you highly doubt" Were you there? Shut your mouth and read sir! Those were fact's, not your idealized recreation of the situation. Do you work for Best Buy?

I'll tell you why, I was going to MEET Mike, after his comment's to her, my wife know's me, that is why she was upset. When one is wronged in person, they can be seen. While a learnred person such as yourself can hide behind a keyboad. Run your legal mouth in front of the average person, face to face.

You think you can screw the average person and get away with it, and justify it with your verbage? I'll stop there, You sir "do not understand" alot...:)

I highly doubt that the employee would have told you the guy hates employees and customers first of all. It is unfortunate that they loaded the wrong item and they should have offered delivery Wednesday assuming you called at a reasonable hour Tuesday.

I don't however understand the catastrophe of making it there with aforementioned truck seeing as it was a deal that saved you 400, plus netted you 70 dollars on top of that. That and I don't understand how your wife left the store crying after you got off the phone.

View more comments (9)
Best Buy Manager

Bad Gateway computer & and Best Buy service

We purchased a Gateway desktop 2 weeks and one year ago. Took it to Best Buy 4 months ago for repairs had to drive 30 miles for cord so they could check problem, they didn't have one. Sent it off to be repaired, took two months, replaced fan and motherboard. Now the unit is overheating again and it has quit completly, same as before. This machine is a peice of *** and worst buy doesn't want to take responsibility for selling junk. Talked to gateway they want us to pay for shipping so they can make repairs. We have a 10 year old computer that works better than this. This Christmas be careful what you buy and where you purchase it!

your a dumb sh1t go cry some where else about that piece of sh1t computer you bought you probably got the cheapest sh1t they had on sale spend some real money and get some quality merchandise you *** inbreed

Well Best Buy should know what they sell! They *** well know some of the stuff they sell is *** and the policy sucks there!

To all the Best Buy lovers *** YOU ALL! Your opinion doesn't mean jack *** to me you *** simple minded motherf u c kers!

Your brains are the size of a mustard seed which is very small and that's exactly what your opinion is worth as well! Why don't you use the last few brain cells you have and move out of your mothers basement!

Your fault for buying a piece of *** not bestbuys fault for selling it.

Gateway being trash still can't be blamed on Best Buy. Blame consumers for wanting a cheap computer with big numbers in the processor speed and memory categories, not understanding why it's so cheap.

As long as people want to pay 300 dollars with a computer with specs of a PC that should be selling for 800+ it's not Best Buy's fault. They're competing with other pieces of trash like the emachines at walmart.

I agree Gateway is a piece of *** I bought one a long time ago at Best Buy and it fell apart in a short amount of time! Shame on Best Buy for selling a bunch of bulls h i t like that!

Best Buy Geek Squad is a huge ripoff too! People who post positive comments about Best Buy are *** i n g dumb *** es!

Or this Christmas you could read reviews of Gateway in general before spending a quarter of the cost of a proper computer and buying a discount brand. If the price seems too good to be true it probably is.

View more comments (6)

Stupidest employees ever. | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

basically, its black friday and we went to buy those prepaid phones that were on sale. we lined up for about 10-15 minutes? (this was around 10 am) and FINALLY when it was our turn to pay, the *** cashier told us that the phones are limit two only. uh hello? where does it say limit two? and EVEN WORSE was that i came with another person and they ONLY LET US BUY TWO even though there were two of us. also. why would you want to set a limit on those prepaid phones for. they had a whole barrel of it, around 30 to 40 and those phone models are so old, no one even buys them anymore. shouldnt they be happy that some people are trying to help them rid of their inventory? *** ***. another thing was a friend bought a 3d tv, the one on the ad that said there would be a FREE home theater system with the purchase of the tv. instead, he got scammed. and the *** people there said theres no free home theater system because the QUALITY of the tv is better than the other one. what kind of lame excuse is that?

The limit is there for a reason. It's so the first person in line can't buy all the store's inventory, so more people can take advantage of BF sales.

Stop being so greedy. 2 phones per person is plenty.

TimThomas

As I've said before I've never worked for Best Buy nor have any of my friends or relatives. He wouldn't be bashed if he read the flyer, or if he understood a real complaint versus whining about nonsense.

He's complaining he couldn't get a handful of phones. If they gave someone 4-5 of them and someone who didn't get one saw this it'd be a whiny post about how "Best Buy is so greedy they let people buy like a million each and I didn't get one".

well obviously the two posters above have something in relation to best buy, or else you wouldnt be bashed like that.

It does say on the front page of the Best Buy ad for Black Friday that all items have a limit of one per customer unless otherwise noted. I don't understand the TV one at all seeing as it sounds like one of you bought a TV that didn't say it came with the home theater system and wanted the bundle that came with another one.

Oh boo hoo hoo. Your dumb@ss made the mistake of not reading the print where it has a limit on how many of one item one person may buy.

Don't blame Best Buy for your stupidity and lack of oversight.

Get over it you big baby.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Don't blame Best Buy for your stupidity and lack of oversight. Get over it you big baby.

Best Buy Cashier
BEWARE OF THE BEST BUY BLACK FRIDAY SCAM - Best Buy advertised a Laptop for $180.00 when they started handing out tickets to those of us in line for the black Friday deals I was told by the Best Buy associate that they had one more laptop left but I would have to pay...

On 11/22 I placed a phone order with Best Buy for the Samsung Galaxy S3 at a special price of $49.99. Later that day I received an email stating there was an issue with my order and to call Best Buy customer service.

I was assured by customer service the order was fine and that several thousand customers had received the same email due to the system “crashing” from the high volume. I called Best Buy on 11/23 to confirm my order was still valid. I was again assured everything was fine and I would be sent shipping information when available. On Sunday 11/25 I received an email stating my Best Buy order had been cancelled.

I called Best Buy and was told that the order had been cancelled because the information was not confirmed in their system in the 48 hour time limit they set. I had to go through the ENTIRE order process with Best Buy AGAIN. I was told that the order was being processed and everything was fine. When I checked my email this morning (11/26) I found another email from Best Buy stating there was another issue with my order and it had been cancelled.

I called Best Buy and asked what the issue was this time. I was informed that AT&T had denied the upgrade. I called AT&T to see why the order was denied. At that time I was told by AT&T that I was not elligable for an upgrade.

I explained that I had purchased the phone from Best Buy and I was paying for the phone, the upgrade fee and a two year contract EXTENSION. AT&T then informed me that it was their policy not to accept phones bought at a “discounted” rate. If I wanted to upgrade I would have to pay the full price of $599.99. I explained to AT&T that it wasn’t not stated anywhere during the purchase from Best Buy.

When I had AT&T call Best Buy with me also on the line the Best Buy agent said “that is not right, there should be no issues”. The AT&T rep then said it was their POLICY and nothing would change. I have since decided when my contract is up with AT&T I will be going with a different carrier. I have been a faithful AT&T customer since 2006 but after this I will be moving on.

The level of customer service I received and the unwillingness of AT&T to try and work with me is not acceptable!

I do wonder how many other AT&T customers are in my situation. This was a VERY misleading advertisement as AT&T will not honor it.

View more comments

Not so Best Buy

The worst customer service experience in my 38 years of life. It's November 25th 2011, black friday. I of course expected over crowding as well as long lines, but I do as well, expect some sort of system to be in place. I wanted to purchase an playstation 3 for my son and after going to four other locations, I decided to go to best buy located in morrow georgia, I was excited because they actually had it in stock. I entered the line to make my purchase at 1am, I exited their establishment at 4:30am. Yes, I stood in line for 3 plus hrs. Once myself and the other consumers finally arrived to the front of the line, we were shocked to see that there were only four registers opened. No one from the management team apologized to the shoppers nor did they have a good explanation as to why, at the most busiest time of the year, they only had four registers operating. In fact one person went to lunch and they only had three registers up and running. "first time shame on you, second time shame on me" I will not patronize best buy in the future, nor will I refer anyone.

At least the 4 cashiers showed up to work. No one wanted to be away from their families on thanksgiving to give selfish *** like you a chance to buy their snot nosed kids a friggn PS3.

But people went to work so they could pay their bills. Grow up and learn to wait in line.

I worked retail a few years ago, and no one gets paid enough to deal with *** like you complaining about lines on black friday. THE BUSIEST DAY OF THE YEAR

Just take 1 minute to think about all those poor folks that had to give up their thanksgiving and come into work at 11 pm or earlier to be there for you to buy your child a playstation. You are lucky you can afford to buy a playstation for your child.

How many people would love to be in your position that they could stand in line and buy a playstation for their kid. Further would you want give up your time with your family to go into work for very little pay and lots of attitude from customers? I can't think of anyone that really thinks it's a great idea except the corporate overlords.

I'm willing to bet none of them were at the stores or at desks come midnight.

Granted the managers should have not only opened up more registers but they should have manned them to make things go smoother for everyone, customers and employees alike. The real shame is to corporate America and you poor fools that buy into the BLACK FRIDAY HYPE they pound into your brains.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

So that Play Station 3 meant that much to you thad you'd stand in line for 3 hours. Talk about a loser. Crying over waiting in line at time when they d@mn well know all retail stores will be packed.

You are an *** for standing in line that long.

LOL people were lining up Wed. night..so being there @ 1am is not saying much.

You ALWAYS have a long wait on black friday to check out no matter how many cashiers are up front. And workers deserve their breaks people who have been there all night need 30 lousy minutes out of there 12 hr shift to eat/drink.

Best buy

Store had bluray players with hdmi attached to all the boxes by rubber band. You get to the check out and you're informed that its not a bundle just a suggest buy. you ask to speak to a manager and the manager acts like you're the one that doesn't understand why a big rubber band around both products is not a bundle, even though the store managed to create hundreds of these bundles. No sign to advise you, nothing more than misleading consumers to sell overpriced aftermarket HDMI cables. I guess it's not fraud but sure smells like it.

Why the *** do they bundle HDMI cables to video game controllers? Suggested buy my ***, it's totally misleading.

They tricked my mom into buying a 30 dollar HDMI cable that we didn't even need. *** BEST BUY

your that guy that thinks because its there its free. If it doesn't say "FREE" that means its not.

And its simple you get to the front they suggest it you say no you leave you dont cause a scene about getting it free. And as far as cheap AFTERMARKET HDMI i didn't know there where OEM HDMI's.Do some research you sound like the type of person that would say "THERE ALL THE SAME JUST DIFFERENT BRANDS" when in fact there not that's probably why your movie looks like sh1t now

TimThomas

As I said before if they don't advertise a freebie it's there to try and get you to purchase. I see stuff like that all the time in stores and you know what I do see for free? Rubber bands!

John N

Well, I did not know this and also would have been rather pissed at the checkout. But, then I no longer shop at BestBuy due to their *** customer service.

If they strap something to a product's box with a rubber band, the reasonable expectation is that it comes with the product, for no charge. Apparently, this is another one of those "you're supposed to know" situations.

Ever heard of an add on or suggestive buy? Was there a sign that said the HDMI cables were included with the Blu ray players?

I doubt it.

You were just dumb to realize this since you lack common sense. Please don't breed for the worlds sake.

Stores do this all the time on items with little/no profit margin. Even if it was a bundle there's 2 types.

Bundles that are boxed have 1 SKU and thus one price. Bundles that are strapped together at best will have a discount on one item or both. In this case it was rubber banded, if you didn't want that don't take it.

The PS3 Bundle for 199 had a spare remote strapped to the side with a similar setup, and not being a fool I simply pulled the extra remote off mine and continued to checkout for 199. You were there for an item in the ad, if the ad didn't advertise free goodies don't expect it for free just because they're suggesting you purchase both items together.

Poor one to one service, | Best Buy review from West Palm Beach, Florida

I brought my laptop in to get some info as to how I hook up to my TV, the individual at the door was to busy (or distracted by something) to direct me to the correct dept, however a yount lady did direct me to the customer service. Customer service wasn't any bettar, individual was someplace else trying to serve me, sent me on my merry way to aisle over there, I purchased some cables , which are wrong, How does someone get a wow service no a days. Could you suggest where I can go, Walmart, Red Target or do you have Future Shop in our area. frustrated customer Lawrence

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Hey, reading your grammar makes me feel you would be better served at Walmart. If you're going to any retailer thinking they're going to know anything about computers that's your first problem.

Assuming that the store did have a good computer person in the PC dept, that still doesn't mean the person working the front door is going to have a clue what you need. At Best Buy that's usually the loss prevention guy and all he does is say hello to people on their way in, and check people if they set off the alarms on the way out.

Did you really go to a store for customer service on Black Friday? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

View more comments (1)

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE - BLACK FRIDAY | Best Buy review from Rentz, Georgia

I had simply hoped to earn some brownie points with my wife... I could care less about a TV for my kids and even less about waiting in line for ten hours. We arrived at 2:30 pm. I had a box of chocolates and some magazines to occupy the time. As we put our chairs down and took our place at the Best Buy in Destin, Fl, an older couple in their sixties who were a few spots ahead of us advised us to go get a number and sign in at the front. We did and actually felt relief that there was organization and a plan to insure our place in line. Relaxed, we enjoyed our time together, waiting to buy two 24 inch televisions for our kids. Our numbers were 45 and 46. We felt confident that we would get the TVs because most of the people there were waiting for a larger size. We learned this through one of several conversations we had with the nice couple ahead of us, who were waiting to buy two 42 inch TVs for their grandkids. They had been waiting since 2 pm. At 8:30 pm people began to leave their chair line, and form a new standing line. This was fairly civil, but you could feel the tension in the air. Only a few people broke in line... I laughed to myself... If it meant that much to them it did not bother me...Then I laughed again... How crazy are we for waiting this long for a TV? What would my Grandpa think? As time moved closer to 10 pm... More people cut line and then came the coveted voucher. The police were here by now... People nearly came to blows and hurled insults at each other that would have embarrassed my Granny... Grandpa once defended Granny's honor at a drive in because some boys were talking vulgar in front of her. Word spread they were running out of the Vouchers for the large TVs... People broke ranks and scurried ahead. Our older gentleman friend was able to land the prize. People began to be angry because they were left out... Arguing ensued. A Best Buy employee was told our older friend had broken line to get his voucher. Of course, we were not worried, it had already been explained to us, that they could not prevent people from breaking. However, to our great surprise, the employee, who had already kept silent on other infractions, proceeded to tell a police officer about our friends victory. Justice will prevail! Too our great surprise the officer came and pulled our friend aside, took his voucher, and told him to leave the premises. I guess a little of Grandpa's generations honor still exists... Relatively calm throughout the day, I felt my neck tighten... I could not just stand there... I broke in, "Officer there must be a misunderstanding, this man has been here all day, he got his voucher fair and square". All the while gently placing my hand on the officers shoulder... A gesture of two men standing on the same side of the fence, of two men standing together for right... Not turning a blind eye to injustice... Not sitting down when we no someone weaker has been wronged. To my surprise, and to fulfill my Grandpa's greatest fears...that those who stood for right would be silenced, that injustice would so muddy the water that people could not tell the difference between right and wrong... Truth or lie, darkness or light... The Officer slapped my hand off his shoulder and pointed me back to line. The embarrassed man tip toed to his wife explaining they had to leave... I Begged them to stay to no avail. the police officer who had turned the other way on few thugs getting what they wanted, bravely strode over to the old man and told him he had to leave immediately. I, fighting back the anger, said "this is why people no longer trust in the law, in government,in anything"! The officer told me to leave the property immediately, and that if Idid not, I would be thrown in jail.We left. My Grandpa would be proud. Talk about brownie points... I even detected a glimmer in the eye of my wife that I had seen in Granny's when she looked at Grandpa. Alas, we were able to get the 2 TVs at Sears... Grandpa was always right about them too!

Why is this best buys fault again? the police forced people to leave and you all blame best buy?

not to mention this guy is a freakin weirdo, getting all rightous and acting as though he is better then everyone else. and why would you wait in line for hours for 24" tvs?

thats insane. but good for you, standing up for the "little people".

I call this whole story bogus. If it were real then you should be ashamed for skipping Thanksgiving with your family for 2 TVs.

John N

You now realize the police are NOT your friends!! In most localities, they have become *** and will slam a grandfather to the ground(today at a WalMart)while letting some punk kid get away with murder, mayhem, etc.

You see, the cop is not afraid of gramps. He is very afraid of the punk kid.

Welcome to the new America. Aren't we glad we put on a uniform and helped defend this country from the bad guys, only to find the bad guys now in charge in this country?

This is why I don't like crowds, and these "Black Fridays" sales gimmick! I do commend you for standing up for the older couple, and expressing your distaste of justice.

If I'm correct in my assumption, Best Buy just lost 4 loyal customers, and Sears just gained 2.

Kudos to you and Happy Holidays!!! ;)

View more comments (3)
Loss
I went to Best Buy to buy an Xbox 360 console for my brother, I am 22 years old, but had forgotten my I.D. Apparently that is required to buy the console - in cash!? Anyways, I did not have it so I calmly asked for a manager - they TOLD ME NO - and then I asked if the...
TimThomas

The funny part is from around midnight Thanksgiving morning til about 5 or 6 PM yesterday you could order the PS3's and Xbox's online for the black friday prices all over.

View more comments