on 5-12-2011 i went to best buy/ G SQUAD to service my computer because a virus erase all the data in my computer and within erase two book that took me a year to write the recommend me to do a data recovery level one with a cost of $249.99 at the store to recovery my...

Keep those techs far, far, away from your computer.

Buying a computer at bestbuy is ok, but that's where their usefulness ends.

Cory @ oklahomadatarescue.com

View more comments

Best Buy falsely advertises & oversells products not in stock

I ordered from BEST BUY on Black Friday an external hard drive by e-mail to be delivered to a local store for pick up. Approximately two hours later I received an e-mail that the product is "not available" and to call customer service. Several times I called, was on hold 20 minutes and then disconnected. I finally was able to get through around 4:30 am and was kept on the phone ONE hour while the representative was "trying" to switch the order to another store for pick up and was corresponding by e-mail with her supervisor and waiting for "approval" from the supervisor. She was not "permitted" to change the order to a shipment order to my home. Customer service said they had to change the order to another store "who had it in stock." Several hours later another e-mail arrives that the product isn't in stock at the second store and to call customer service and the process repeats again. Finally got through to Customer Service at midnight and was kept on the phone over AN HOUR waiting for a supervisor who never answered, via e-mail, to respond to my request to ship the product. Customer Service said since the product is no longer in any of their stores they are cancelling the order. This is false advertising with the intent to oversell and then delay and mislead the customer. It's dishonest and a horrible way to treat a customer. When Customer Service was asked for a corporate complaint number she couldn't find the number quickly because the system was slow. BEWARE OF BEST BUY- they not only sell games, but they specialize in playing them against their customers.

Best Buy bait and switch

An Acer A100 tablet was offered for $189. Even though several locations claimed availability, I was told they were not available only after I entered all my credit card and personal information. In addition, I received emails confirming that the purchase was made and telling me to call Customer Service to have the unit shipped for free. After talking to Customer Service 4 times, I was still told there were no units available. and if they were, there was no shipping available for that unit. The normal price was for this unit around $350. 2 Days later, I see they are still on sale on the BB website. This time for $249. Again, when I went to the locations, and called Customer Service, they claim that no units are available. There were never an minimums mentioned on the site. I have customer service on the phone while writing this. I told them to check any store throughout the country and any warehouses. There are non available even though the website clearly says there is availability. I can understand if the website is not up to the minute accurate, but it's been four days and only the price has changed. But no "out of stock" or "not available at this time" message is posted by the item.

Sure thing:

Bait and Switch-

An illegal tactic in which a seller advertises a product with the intention of persuading customers to purchase a more expensive product. When a seller uses this tactic, they frequently tell the customer that the original product is sold out or no longer available (even if the product is indeed still available), and push hard for the customer to purchase the costlier product. This tactic can be considered false advertising if the seller is not actually providing the original product, but if the item is available but the seller strongly encourages the customer towards another item, in general no legal action can be taken.

So, how did Best Buy persuade the OP to buy a different, more expensive item? They didn't? Sorry, simply running out of a sale item doesn't count as bait and switch.

Simon~

WHy dont you explain the bait & switch instead of calling people names.... unless of course you dont actually know what it means!!!

BTW Anonymous good luck with your situation... :)

You should really learn what bait and switch is before you start accusing a store of it. It really makes you sound like a retard. Google it.

#381984

Ordered a TV this morning online. BB.com claimed the tv was available for shipping.

Checked status 3 hours later... back ordered. Canceled order.Used bb rewards points. Purchase another tv.

Come to find out that my bb reward points wouldn't be available for 3 to 5 days. BB policy is horrible.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Shipping Service

Best Buy has the worst customer service

My son and I went into BB today to purchase a TV, with add in hand and model picked out. There were 5 employees watching football and was not concerned with needs of customers (unless you were a female), we asked for help and they still dragged there butt...asked again probably in a demanding tone so what. The salesperson was rude and only concerned with football scores, or the girl that his buddy dealing with. So after 30 minutes of waiting to make my purchase we are told that the store is out of that model, ok we said order one and we will pay for it and come back to get it. Oh he says "the computer will not allow that on that model". We are stunned at this point, this *** would be fired if he worked for me! We go to C Service for additional help hopefully from someone that is not a slug. Seven of there employees standing at one counter assisting another employee...They left me hanging as well...we were beyond pissed and left the store at that point...called corporate and after another long wait explained what happened just to be pacified with BS. This family will never have another product from that ***

To Allful Service from Best Buy (FYI that's not how you spell "awful") So you didn't have a receipt, but you expected them to just replace cuz you say so? It's a common store policy to not return or exchange product without proof of purchase. You went way over-board for something that was your fault.

#382038

My son bought me a radio for my birthday and paid cash. Nothing worked of it so i took it back with the box and bag it came in.

The customer service would replace it as i didn't have a receipt. So i called Customer Service in Minnesota and told them that i simply wished to have it replace with another like radio. They basically told me to take a hike. I then sent the radio to BB's CEO and told him the story and that he could keep the darn radio.

Got the radio back three weeks later with a note from his assisitant that the CEO does not accept gifts from customers. I am no longer or will i ever again be a BB customer.

View more comments (1)
Review

BEST BUY FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!

BestBuy.com is a rip off. You order merchandise online to pick up in store and you get an email stating the merchandise is not available at the store and to call customer service to have it shipped for free. The email also states BestBuy will not charge your credit card until they check availability at the store. BestBuy customer service does not offer the free shipping or any shipping at all, so basically the email is a lie and you purchase an item they can not provide. They also authorize your credit card which holds the money for 3-5 days.It's not "charging" your card but the money is unavailable your use for several days. SO you have no merchandise and no money for 3-5 days. It's going on day 3 and I still do not have the $650.00 back after I cancelled the orders for two laptops bought one after another due to their inacurracy of stock on hand at my local store. In addition, Bestbuy leaves the items on their website at least 2hours after they know it is not in stock in the local store.I personally timed the order after it happened to me the first time. I had to call customer service myself to have the internet ad taken down after I threatened to sue for false advertising. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, BUSINESS PRACTICES, AND BORDERING ON INTERNET FRAUD. DONT RISK IT FOLKS!"

:upset :( :x :sigh :p :grin :) :roll :eek

when you buy for instore pick up do you not take in to account the fact that there are customers in the store buying the same product? Common sense!! It may be availble when you are online but be sold out by the time your order goes through and as far as the money hold goes....that's all your bank and how long they hold your funds before releasing them

This happened to me and others too.

You make it sound like Best Buy is the only one that does this. They ALL do it!

Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sears, Circuit City, etc etc. The list goes on and on.

Best Buy equals the BIGGEST *** cking crooks ever!

Best buy is trying to do same thing to us. We had multiple black friday options for laptops.

We chose best buy and made purchase.

Now they send email saying it isn't in stock but they will ship for free from warehouse. When you call they say they have nothing, but a few hours later you get email asking you to call and they will ship free from warehouse?!?

They need to honor the transaction and respect the customer!

It was completely relevant after they did this to him for him to time how long they kept the post up.. Ppl are buyin these items and best buy is charging them and they dont even have any in stock!

It shows that they knew they were out and still were taking ppls money for a product they dont even have!

Thats basiclly stealing! u must need a hobby if u have so much time to just sit around and try to make fun of ppl, when hes actually the one whos right!

Hey. I'd say that a mad & irate customer does this sort of thing.

I; myself DON'T have a problem with Best buy. I love the place. My rant is with Direct TV. But I can tell you this.

When it comes to your money; no telling what you may do. So I don't think you should try to be-little this person.

That's NOT what these forums are here for. You may want to think about that next time you have a problem with a company & YOUR money, "So Sad".

Who sits there and times the internet to see when an item is removed?Quick someone get this man a hobby and a life asap.

View more comments (8)
Best Buy Shipping Service
Loss

Best buy price change...Toshiba - Satellite Laptop / AMD E-Series Processor / 15.6" Display / 2GB Me

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop / AMD E-Series Processor / 15.6" Display / 2GB Memory - Black...coming soon since thanksgiving night i found the ad on best buy, the above listed computer listed for $249.00...for the past three nites Ive been watching this computer, waiting for it to come on to buy. i go back to check the page again, as Ive done over and over in the past few days, monitoring it closely, and its now listed at $279.00...what the heck. i even checked my wish list to see what it said there, possibly it was another computer listed...nope, price was different there too. whats up with this ***? what is this Best buy, you want people to waste their time and not buy other stuff cause they are waiting on this lie to happen...what do you think, were just gunna accept that you screwed us over for three nights and now you decide to change it right before its available to buy, and think were gunna buy this ***. dont give me no *** about it was a mistake on price and it was fixed, it sat there for three whole nights and two days before it was changed, wrong answer, im not ***, so don't think anyone else is dumb enough to buy your trash. that's ***, i wasted 3 nites on watching this garbage to come on sale, and i could have bought something else in that time. now you wanna change it, and think im gunna give up and just buy it...best buy my butt...WORST LIE is more like it...

Ive been trying to purchase a similar laptop but it has 4GB priced at 299.99. I went online to purchase, added to my cart and selected my pick up location only to get an email the next day stating the item in not available for pick up.

I was told to call best buy and see if the item could be shipped only to get a representative who had no knowledge on anything.

After i asked to be transferred to a supervisor, the phone was disconnected. Best Buy is some trash!

(Beginning to wonder if this computer even exists)

I completely agree with you> Ive been watching it too!!!iT WAS 249. THEN 299.

NOW 279. AHHHHHH

View more comments (2)

Best BUY FALSE AD

Best buy put this pc in Black Friday ad. Toshiba-Laptop / Intel® Pentium® Processor / 17.3" Display / 4GB Memory-Matrix Graphite-L775-S7307. Their website listed it as a $999.00 computer that you could buy for $349.00 on black Friday only. Within an hour listed as sold out. Turns out that this is the everyday price anywhere for this level pc. and Best Buy's everyday price also. And it is no longer sold out later in the day. So no more shopping at Best Buy for this lost customer. Think Best Buy could come up with better scam than this.

I almost never purchase anything at best buy since I can get much better deals at tigerdirect and newegg. However I got a pair of washer/dryer about 2 years ago which were 40-50% cheaper than anywhere including sam's club and Costco.

I got a refurbished phone with 3 receivers for 39 dollars which sold elsewhere for 100+ for refurbished ones and am still using it for over a year and a half.

I saw this same add and this laptop is not refurbished mind you. The refurbished ones sell in the 400-500 range through various sources and new ones are around 400-800 depending on where you get them from.

The 999 is misleading I assume but this laptop for this price is a steal and after seeing it on the website for about 4 days, I decided to buy it. I did a "pick up at store" option and 3 days later when I went to the store, it was ready and waiting for me.

Once you buy it online, you are locked in at that price and since the transaction goes through, they can't come up with the "we ran out of them" excuse and if they do, they are required to offer you the same or a better system for the same price. However, unfortunately in your case, they told you they were out of it.

That may be a way to lure customers into spending more money but different from other places which actually will sell "1 single item" at that price and then try to get people to pay more money for other items, Best Buy did have this item available for purchase through the internet for at least 4-5 days and that's how I got mine.

You may want to purchase it online next time and then cancel it or return it if you don't like it, but it seems to be the only way to lock that price and ensure that you do receive the item for the price you paid for it.

This is not a bait and switch. Stop trying to use that term to suit your needs just because you didn't get what you wanted. Go look up the CORRECT meaning of bait and switch dipsh1t!

Its not bait and switch, I am surprised managers give it to you.

Actually we legally can do this and its not bait and switch. If you get a manager who does not want to deal with you complaining then they will change it but we have an agreement with every computer manufacturer to optimize 30 percent of all computers we sell and we reserve the right to price what we want on a service that is defiantly worth more than what you would be paying for it.

All adds say # minimum in store. Once those are sold out then it is not bait and switch to sell you a superior computer.

For the third time, I responded to a laptop sale ad at Best Buy to find that "Oh, you're in luck, we only have one left and it's loaded with this extra stuff that's $100 more. Take it or leave it." Eventually this neanterthal brain figured it out.

If this happens to you (and it will), Find a manager (preferably on the sales floor) and say these three words very loud: BAIT AND SWITCH.

You will find that you simply misunderstood what the words "take it or leave it" mean. They mean, "please take this at our advertised price or leave it."

View more comments (4)

Screwed by Best Buy

I purchased a "open box" FTQ307NWGX Oven from BB the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. They loaded the oven in my truck wrapped in plastic. When I got home my old slide in oven was removed and the counter top and bracing was cut out to install this full size range. It was not the one I purchased! No problem, I call BB and say, hey, you loaded up the wrong range, please deliver the correct one that I purchased. They stated , after Thanks Giving. I about *** I cant re-install my old slide in, and me and my family get to eat out at a chineese resturant for Thanksgiving! I get a 60 dollar gift certificate from BB after calling their corporate office...woohoo. Mike at the Independence store in VA Beach needs...well an ***....kissin? I was offered ten dollars to take this one back and get the one they should have loaded in the first place. Not a big issue in life but I was wronged and told to stick it by BB. True statement by my wife.." We could have bought this range at any store, and got the right one" Mike stated, "Not at this price you wouldn't, you already got $400.00 off" Tell your husband we will give him ten dollars in gas to bring the wrong one back, and we will load up this one". Well Mike, I'll give YOU ten dollars to deliver the "Correct" one, pick up this "wrong" one, lift it in the truck and take it away. The so-called General Manager, he needs to go. He hates his job or or has no customer service skill's IHO. He passes you down bad information to a salesman who has no "power" to make a decision. This salesman filled us in about the "GM". He is Hard on Employee's and does not give a *** about customer service. He feels "Most cutomers are whiners looking for a deal" He's gotta go! I'm looking for what I paid for, nothing else! The GM's name will not be hard to find for BB Management, the date was 11/22/11 at this store. He's the one that made the final decision to my wife, she left the store crying/upset. Sorry for the rant. If called upon, I will meet the GM and attest to everything posted here, with his superior .

imply you at some point drove back, and could have resolved the issue with all your giftcards in hand from BB. Thats your problem Timmy, you imply, without information, \"all my giftcard\'s, etc.

Where the heck is that written? Let it Go, for god sakes I\'m over it. Tim, you sir, are an *** with no life.

You are correct, Best Buy did as advertised, I conceed the point. Thread closed.

TimThomas

Moral of the story, BOTH parties are responsible for verifying the item being loaded when you buy something large from a retailer. You should have noticed when the oven they loaded was a 30 inch not a 24 incher.

Highly doubt doesn't equate to me being there, and you were the one saying your wife was crying at the store which would imply you at some point drove back, and could have resolved the issue with all your giftcards in hand from BB. All I was pointing out is that your story is full of embellishment to try and make people side with you.

And no I do not now nor have I ever worked at Best Buy, nor am I afraid to tell people stuff to their faces. You posted a sob story on a website after adding dramatic effects to it, and for my amusement I responded.

Jess

I was under the impression you were just upgrading because of a good deal and that you, yourself owned the vehicle so it was only a matter of time and gas wasted, so for that, I apologize. I'm curious why your family was hosting Thanksgiving for out of town guests with a oven on the fritz but its not super relevant.

I guess my point is, things like delivery, are booked up far in advance and I know for a fact my local Best Buy does not deliver out of their store, rather the item has to be transfered to a distribution center where trucks are loaded up to deliver to homes. This can take a few days, and with a holiday fast approaching, is not feasible. All I was getting at was that it didnt seem like a HUGE inconvience to run up to the store and do the swap out there. New oven, Thanksgiving not ruined, problem solved!

I'd gladly load up your oven, take it back to the store and complain my way into a better, new in box item for a discounted rate, or a $100 giftcard, because those are things managers have some control over.

So what ended up happening if you don't mind me asking..?

Did you pick up the correct one, were you compensated in anyway? Did Thanksgiving happen for you and your family?

Written by Jessa0756I never understand why people replace major appliances right before a holiday, esp when it sounds like your old one was still working just fine..I had no choice, My oven lower burner just died. I dont want to \"stick it to them\" as you stated.

I borrowed a truck and picked it up. I had a nieghbor help me unload it and carry it in the house. Upon removing the cellophane plastic, it was revealed that the wrong stove was loaded. All we wanted wasa the correct stove deliverd by the next day, Wednesday, the stove that I paid for.

My neigbors work for a living, like me, they would have to *** work to help me go get this and fix BB\'s mistakeWritten by Jessa0756but you too sir failed to plan ahead, have a back up plan in case something did go wrong, and refusing to just take the item back yourselfJessa, you are correct, my fault. Your oppinion..well speaks volumes about youirself.

Why dont you load it up for me and haul it back for BB? They will appreciate it and your resonce to this complaint.

Jess

I never understand why people replace major appliances right before a holiday, esp when it sounds like your old one was still working just fine..?(correct me if im wrong) This is the absolute busiest time of the year and trust me things go wrong with all kinds of purchases (big or small) all the time at every retailer. Sure, they should have made sure to get you the product you purchase, but you also could have checked the product before you left the store.

Wrapped in plastic or not I'm sure some distinguishing characteristic was visible.I get that you wanted to "stick it to them" by making them deliver the correct item, but deliveries are made by 3rd parties, scheduled days in advance and in some cases, cost extra.

If you had access to a truck, why not take the incorrect one back and get the correct one and have your Thanksgiving? Sure a little inconvienced, but I bet if you spoke to the manager in store you would have been compensated better(tends to be case where I work at least) YES Best Buy dropped the ball by loading up the wrong item but you too sir failed to plan ahead, have a back up plan in case something did go wrong, and refusing to just take the item back yourself.

"I don't however understand the catastrophe of making it there with aforementioned truck"

Lawyer liberal friend, the stove was to be delivered after Thanksgiving. This was thei mistake, it was early Teusday!

I had no oven thanks to Best Buy. That means all of our out of town relitives visiting us, including my family have eaten out for the holiday. No really big deal, I understand. I paid for it!

But I have to ask, where did you spend Thanksgiving? I have served in the Military, and still serve, I miss many holiday's.

When I'm home, every holiday is special! I'm outa here.

Are you really Adam, the manager from this store? You sir, are misinformed.

I told the truth, I never stated the GM "Hated" employee's or customers.

You mis-quote me and add your wrong opinion of the facts. I ask again, are you an employee of Best Buy?

You were not there, yet you have a comment that is totally wrong. (bob) Stated that to me!

You wrote "you highly doubt" Were you there? Shut your mouth and read sir! Those were fact's, not your idealized recreation of the situation. Do you work for Best Buy?

I'll tell you why, I was going to MEET Mike, after his comment's to her, my wife know's me, that is why she was upset. When one is wronged in person, they can be seen. While a learnred person such as yourself can hide behind a keyboad. Run your legal mouth in front of the average person, face to face.

You think you can screw the average person and get away with it, and justify it with your verbage? I'll stop there, You sir "do not understand" alot...:)

I highly doubt that the employee would have told you the guy hates employees and customers first of all. It is unfortunate that they loaded the wrong item and they should have offered delivery Wednesday assuming you called at a reasonable hour Tuesday.

I don't however understand the catastrophe of making it there with aforementioned truck seeing as it was a deal that saved you 400, plus netted you 70 dollars on top of that. That and I don't understand how your wife left the store crying after you got off the phone.

View more comments (9)
Best Buy Manager

Bad Gateway computer & and Best Buy service

We purchased a Gateway desktop 2 weeks and one year ago. Took it to Best Buy 4 months ago for repairs had to drive 30 miles for cord so they could check problem, they didn't have one. Sent it off to be repaired, took two months, replaced fan and motherboard. Now the unit is overheating again and it has quit completly, same as before. This machine is a peice of *** and worst buy doesn't want to take responsibility for selling junk. Talked to gateway they want us to pay for shipping so they can make repairs. We have a 10 year old computer that works better than this. This Christmas be careful what you buy and where you purchase it!

your a dumb sh1t go cry some where else about that piece of sh1t computer you bought you probably got the cheapest sh1t they had on sale spend some real money and get some quality merchandise you *** inbreed

Well Best Buy should know what they sell! They *** well know some of the stuff they sell is *** and the policy sucks there!

To all the Best Buy lovers *** YOU ALL! Your opinion doesn't mean jack *** to me you *** simple minded motherf u c kers!

Your brains are the size of a mustard seed which is very small and that's exactly what your opinion is worth as well! Why don't you use the last few brain cells you have and move out of your mothers basement!

Your fault for buying a piece of *** not bestbuys fault for selling it.

Gateway being trash still can't be blamed on Best Buy. Blame consumers for wanting a cheap computer with big numbers in the processor speed and memory categories, not understanding why it's so cheap.

As long as people want to pay 300 dollars with a computer with specs of a PC that should be selling for 800+ it's not Best Buy's fault. They're competing with other pieces of trash like the emachines at walmart.

I agree Gateway is a piece of *** I bought one a long time ago at Best Buy and it fell apart in a short amount of time! Shame on Best Buy for selling a bunch of bulls h i t like that!

Best Buy Geek Squad is a huge ripoff too! People who post positive comments about Best Buy are *** i n g dumb *** es!

Or this Christmas you could read reviews of Gateway in general before spending a quarter of the cost of a proper computer and buying a discount brand. If the price seems too good to be true it probably is.

View more comments (6)

Stupidest employees ever. | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

basically, its black friday and we went to buy those prepaid phones that were on sale. we lined up for about 10-15 minutes? (this was around 10 am) and FINALLY when it was our turn to pay, the *** cashier told us that the phones are limit two only. uh hello? where does it say limit two? and EVEN WORSE was that i came with another person and they ONLY LET US BUY TWO even though there were two of us. also. why would you want to set a limit on those prepaid phones for. they had a whole barrel of it, around 30 to 40 and those phone models are so old, no one even buys them anymore. shouldnt they be happy that some people are trying to help them rid of their inventory? *** ***. another thing was a friend bought a 3d tv, the one on the ad that said there would be a FREE home theater system with the purchase of the tv. instead, he got scammed. and the *** people there said theres no free home theater system because the QUALITY of the tv is better than the other one. what kind of lame excuse is that?

The limit is there for a reason. It's so the first person in line can't buy all the store's inventory, so more people can take advantage of BF sales.

Stop being so greedy. 2 phones per person is plenty.

TimThomas

As I've said before I've never worked for Best Buy nor have any of my friends or relatives. He wouldn't be bashed if he read the flyer, or if he understood a real complaint versus whining about nonsense.

He's complaining he couldn't get a handful of phones. If they gave someone 4-5 of them and someone who didn't get one saw this it'd be a whiny post about how "Best Buy is so greedy they let people buy like a million each and I didn't get one".

well obviously the two posters above have something in relation to best buy, or else you wouldnt be bashed like that.

It does say on the front page of the Best Buy ad for Black Friday that all items have a limit of one per customer unless otherwise noted. I don't understand the TV one at all seeing as it sounds like one of you bought a TV that didn't say it came with the home theater system and wanted the bundle that came with another one.

Oh boo hoo hoo. Your dumb@ss made the mistake of not reading the print where it has a limit on how many of one item one person may buy.

Don't blame Best Buy for your stupidity and lack of oversight.

Get over it you big baby.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Don't blame Best Buy for your stupidity and lack of oversight. Get over it you big baby.

View more comments (5)