Store pickup hiram ga. store gave the wrong ipod upon pickup. | Best Buy review from Washington, District Of Columbia

wrong ipod touch. order white got black. was sons christmas present. he wanted white. wife did not notice. and i didnot look (my bad).bestbuy is having a bad season for customer service. will take a hard toll. with consumers and stock holders this year.but we can not let it fall. we already lost a major player in eletronics.(circuit city) and it took a big hurt in the u.s economy. alot of people lost there jobs. if you take a good look at the big picture. all employees from the person that pull the product for pickups to the c.e.o. must take stock in your job. so you can keep it.
Loss

Christmas morning not so fun thanks to Best Buy

On 12/13/11 we purchased two tablets from Best Buy for our children 10 and 12 years old. We were told these were guaranteed shipping by Christmas. Then we returned items that these tablets were replacing. On 12/19 I called 888-BESTBUY asking why I have not received shipping information yet. After being on the phone for 47 minutes and placed on hold several times, I was told that my items were scheduled to be shipped at some point that day. The man I spoke to said they may have already been shipped, but if not they would go out my the end of the business day. I thought, Great. It is close but they are on there way. 25 hours before Christmas I get an e-mail that Best Buy does not have these tablets in stock and expect them in 4-5 weeks. Wonderful, lets just celebrate Christmas in 4-5 weeks. Best Buy should have never sold items that they did not have in stock to ship. Now I have to try to replace these on Christmas Eve and still stay within our budget. This will definitely make me never order any thing else from Best Buy. In my opinion they think this is acceptable. As a consumer I fell they should be ashamed of themselves.

You are a bad parent and need to teach yourself some morals, you were taught wrong so shame on your parents and to put a "block" on your childs computer just deems you untrustworthy of your children and just shows you have no control over them

Find the tablets elsewhere (cheaper if you can) and cancel your order, call your credit card company and challenge the charges, if they've already charged you, they shouldn't have if the product hasn't shipped. Let them know you never received the merchandise.

There are plenty of places you can get these tablets not just Best Buy, don't give them your business. Write a letter to their headquarters, it works, I did the same thing for a problem I had with them.

Children - what is wrong with you? Got nothing better to do than reply to posts here?

when you are old enough to buy something with your hard earned cash, you expect it to be delivered when you are told it will be delivered. You also expect the item to be available unless you're actually told its back ordered. That's part of the responsibility of running a business. When these rules aren't followed you have a problem and customers complain, they have the right to.

Who are you to judge what a parent decides to get their children? You actually proved your own point by posting like you have on here. Shame on you, if your parents knew they should place a block on your computer from going to most sites so you don't cause problems.

Or maybe your parents use the computer to keep you busy so they don't have to deal with you. Shame on you and shame on them!

Kids that age don't need tablets anyway. They'll just break them.

Get them something they need like books to read.

No wonder Americas kids are so dumb these days. They're spoiled with things they don't need and don't know how to use.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Shipping Service

Hate the Anti Santa Comercials | Best Buy review from Lake Bluff, Illinois

Because of the Anti- Santa commercials I decided to avoid Best Buy this year. I shopped at HHgreg and did some on line ordering with Tiger Direct, I spent about $900.00 I don't think I will ever go to best buy again. I think it is poetic justice that they now have delivery problems with this years Christmas orders! Ha Ha, serves them right for dissing Santa. How *** can a company and advertising department be? If I get anything from best buy for Christmas I am going to return it for cash and go purchase something at another store.

Good luck getting cash back for any gifts you return to Best Buy OP. Unless you have a receipt that ain't happening at all, and even with and it might not.

I think the original poster believes in imaginary friends. Are you a Christian, opposing the war on Christmas?

Best Buy is horrible, but if their ad campaign is what turned you away then you must be incredibly dumb. I hope you're not from my beautiful United States.

The person has a right to feel upset over slandering a figure, real or imaginary. Your harsh language proves that people are incredibly insensitive

I'm boycotting *** *** like you. America supports enough *** *** we can't afford to support anymore. So don't breed.

You do realize Santa doesn't exist right? You're going to boycott a store over an imaginary figure. Nice job ***.

View more comments (4)
Review
We had purchased an HP Notebook computer from Best Buy in November of 2010. We purchased the extended warranty, had Best Buy install the software.. the whole 9 yards. One year later we had a problem with the screen, we took it to our local Geek Squad/Best Buy, they...

And you are complaining because "YOU" broke your computer and got money back for it? you got more money than what you paid for the protection plan that they offer a data retrieval service once your computer is deemed unfixable i had a toshiba that i got $320 back and paid 500 for it bought something they had on sale and the manager discounted it for me because of my computer being unable to be repaired thus getting a better computer 2 years after purchase

View more comments

Best Buy = Worst Buy

There is no other way to put it. Best Buy is a dump. Their sales associates are for the most part poorly trained, pushy and not knowledgeable about their products. Save yourself the aggravation and likely money by shopping elsewhere. There is no other way to put it. Best Buy is a dump. Their sales associates are for the most part poorly trained, pushy and not knowledgeable about their products. Save yourself the aggravation and likely money by shopping elsewhere. There is no other way to put it. Best Buy is a dump. Their sales associates are for the most part poorly trained, pushy and not knowledgeable about their products. Save yourself the aggravation and likely money by shopping elsewhere. I dont need to write 100 words to say the above.

Hey Joe,

So it's a customer's fault for not hunting down the right employee?!??! How the *** are we supposed to know who is seasonal or not.

You're all clearly BB employees. Go peel one off in your dirty warehouse.

I wish you would have used the full 100 characters to ELABORATE how the associates weren't knowledgable in addressing whatever questions you had. And how you were able to draw such conclusions?

If you were asking questions then clearly you were unsure yourself. Because of the lack of detail, I'm going to assume you went into Best Buy to get information you couldn't figure out on your own and then grabbed some kid stocking the shelves and started asking him about TVs. I highly doubt any associate would start spewing out wrong information just for the *** of it.

There was an interaction, you asked the associate questions and either you already knew the answers to them(which is ridiculous and redundant to waste that much time but I know it happens) or you had no idea yourself, took everything the associate felt pressured to inform you of as 100% accurate facts and then threw a fit when the associate was either mistaken or you're lack of knowledge prevented you from being able to duplicate the info you were given. If you care to go further into detail about what exactly took place then I will gladly comment further based on your particular situation rather than my own assumptions.

Never been to a dump that had millions of dollars of expensive equipment. Or where they actually train their employees to keep up on the ever changing world of technology?

Next time you go to Best Buy find a employee that is actually trained in the department they are working, not the seasonal workers, the actual full or part time sales associates. They tend to know their stuff.

What a retard. Thanks for wasting everyone's time.

Thanks for repeating yourself but your dumb@ss just posted repetitive useless bs.

View more comments (4)

Best Buy Selma customer service Sucks

I went to buy a tv that was on the open stock area and it was not set up. I asked the salesman to help me out but he came up with excuses as to why he couldn't set it up I called for his supervisor but couldn't find the power chords fast enough so they gave up telling me the tv didn't work. I went to the general manager in the store and told me that all tv's on the floor worked but instead of helping me with what I wanted he wanted to sell me something else. When I told him thats not what I wanted he walked away from me. Like I said customer service there sucks and it starts from the top setting an example for the subordinates to follow.

Having worked at a Best Buy, I know my Store Manager (or any of the other managers for that matter) would not have just walked away. As far as the power cords and all that, they are usually either a) in a envelope kept with the tv or b) in an envelope at one of their department stations.

If it was missing/broken it would have been noted. Bottom line is that not all Best Buys handle there bsiness that way.

First of all if the TV didn't work it should not have been on the showroom floor. Second, if I wanted a different tv I would have looked at a different tv. Third, it's not about the sale of a tv it's about customer satisfaction and curtesy of which they id not express any and it's impolite and disrespectful to walk away from anyone when they are talking to you.

Maybe it didn't work? Maybe the power cable was missing or broken and in the repair bay?

Ever think of that?

And the GM's job has nothing to do with the TV department? So while he would hope they all worked the Supervisor and the Sales Associate would be the ones that would actually know?

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Manager

The Best Buy Santa commercials are offensive. We will not purchase until they are removed!

We are moving into a new home and will be needing all new appliances. The Best Buy commercial which shows Moms competing and berating Santa Claus is *** and offensive. The spirit of Christmas is a Santa filled with generosity and good will. We will no longer consider purchasing any products at Best Buy. Whoever decided this was positive advertising was sadly mistaken and has created the opposite impact on everyone we have spoken to. Even my grandchildren showed shock and sadness when they first viewed it. Why in the world would Best Buy consider this as good positive advertising.

i thought they were funny.

You are a lunatic.

View more comments (1)
Review

Best Buy service policy, be careful it will ruin Christmas.

Be warned.. if you buy from Best Buy and take advantage of the service policy they offer, they ask for an email address (i was advised it would be best to put the person who the item was for so if they needed policy, the information would go directly to them) DO NOT DO THIS IF THIS IS A GIFT ITEM. little did i know that by putting down the Email address of my father for the printer we JUST BOUGHT as a CHRISTMAS GIFT.... yep--- they sent a receipt directly to my Father containing the exact item we just bought, the cost, everything. After calling consumer relations, this is policy, and they agree, that its best that you put the email of the person that will have the item as it will make any usage of the policy much easier.. and that if this were a gift item, the only solution they would offer is that i should just take all the info should the policy be needed and FORWARD it to the person the item was intended for. REALLY???? Thats the BEST you can come up with? 1. No Best Buy employee gave me this information to begin with... and 2. i can think of 4-5 EASILY workable solutions to this with little to no thought. (a checkbox-- gift item-- do not send any correspondance to this address until (date) would be ALL that was required to avoid this. THANK you Best Buy for screwing up Christmas. ***

Hey genius, you think maybe her father and her communicate? How about he told her he got an email about the printer.

Dur. You're clearly a BB employee.

You fail. Ga'bye.

NO INTREGITY IN BUSINESS PRACTICES!!! | Best Buy review from Cleveland, Ohio

I purchased a big screen television/surround-sound package for my husband as a christmas gift on 12/13/11 - I also paid for the "PREMIUM" Package set-up with included haul away of the old set. The "Geek Squad" (don't you just love the name?!?) arrived Mon. (12/19) and told me that they couldn't haul away the old set because they "didn't have room in the truck". Let's keep-in-mind that my den is small and that I can't have an old t.v.and a new one in there at the same time! The left the new set/surround-sound with me. This is the situation that I have been dealing with since that day: "the store needs to contact you"..."the Geek Squad needs to contact you"...managers and department supervisor promise to call me back and never do...I call the store or the Geek Squad number and spend over an hour on hold AND STILL don't reach anyone...THE TELEVISION/SURROUND-SOUND ARE STILL IN BOXES...finally today (12/23) I call the Geek Squad number first thing this morning and speak to someone in the legal department...all of a sudden, EVERYONE starts calling me!!! Where it stands, old t.v. is supposed to be removed tomorrow, and new one set-up Tues (12/27)...stay tuned...
advocate1

Christmas Eve - old set finally removed and appointment for "Premium" set-up on Tues. 12/27.

Tues. 12/27 - everything gets set-up and GUESS WHAT?!?

The brand new television doesn't work - now we have to have it exchanged on New Year's Eve and arrange for "Geek Squad" to come out again!!! Will this madness ever end?!?

Review

Cancelled item ordered 11/28, two days before Christmas | Best Buy review from Taylor, Michigan

I ordered a blue ray player Sunday prior to cyber Monday, still didn't have 11/23 only to receive an email that they had cancelled my order. I even called two weeks prior to this, stayed on hold for 20mins while waiting for a service rep, who confirmed that it was back ordered but I should have it in two weeks. Then of course, I get this email stating , sorry, your order is cancelled. If you were going to cancel this, did it really take you 3.5 weeks to do this??? Thanks, now I have new blue rays for my children on Christmas that they won't be able to watch. Who wants to deal with the mall chaos, this is why I ordered on line, Thanks a lot!!!

Anon can't help it. He's a sad BestBuy employee who makes excuses rather than fessing up. That's why they'll be bankrupt within 2 years and their shares dropped 40% in 2011.

This post is for Anon I am sure if you were a business owner and wanted to keep your customer happy you would have provided an alternative,granted these things happen.just imagine your toilet overflowing and I cancelled my appointment without any notice now is that fair to you, so don't be so quick with the excuses. :)

I wouldn't be so quick to blame this on bestbuy. They may have been told they were receiving more from the manufacturer and they did not follow through. Happens all the time.

View more comments (2)