Filter by rating :
filters

BEST BUY

I PURCAHSED A LAPTOP FOR MY SON FOR CHRISTMS AND THE WIFI CARD WAS NO GOOD TOOK THE LAPTOP BACK SAID IT WOULD TAKE 2-4 WEEKS TO REPAIR. I PURCHASED THE PROTECTION PLAN,WHICH IS A JOKE YOU GET NOTHING FOR THE MONEY YOU SPEND.I WOULD TELL ANYONE TO PURCHASE A THING FROM THEM UNLESS THEY HAVE MONEY TO WASTE. I HAD TO SPEND $80 MORE DOLLARS FOR ANOTHER BRAND AND TYPE OF COMPUTER. THEY HAVE A VERY BAD ATTITUDE TOWARDS THEIR CUSTOMERS. THE WHOLE COMPANY NEEDS LESSONS ON CUSTOMER SERVICE. NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER BUY FROM BEST BUY!!!

Which you are within the 15-30 day return policy instead of shipping it out to get fixed.

I will put money on this.. They will say the wifi switch was disabled, & everything tested ok..

Alan C

Your protection plan has nothing to do with the mfr warranty. The laptop goes to a regional repair center with the thousands of others from many sources.

a couple of weeks is normal. Where does it say any guarantee about turnaround time?

If you spent the warranty money and brought it to a local PC repair store you would have gotten better service and faster turnaround. Geek Squad doesn't hardware issues and certainly not those under warranty.

I love it when people type in all caps.

Seriously though, this is how the protection plan works on higher end electronics. They don't have the ability to just replace it right away.

By the way, a SERVICE plan is what you purchased and is therefore what you are receiving.

Had you purchased a REPLACEMENT PLAN, you would be getting just that. DURR!

Do you think that repairs are magic? things take time you can't just snap your fingers and expect something to be completed, Patience is a virtue...noob :grin

YOU KNOW I CHECKED ALL MY NOTES FROM THE LAST 20-25 YEARS AND STILL DON'T SEE WHERE I GOT AN INVITE TO THE MEETING THAT DECIDED YOU CAN'T TYPE IN CAPS..MY JOB DICTATES THAT I TYPE IN CAPS SO IF I SEND AN IM OR AN EMAIL OR GET ON A BLOG, GUESS WHAT IF PEOPLE CAN'T DEAL WITH IT THAT'S THEIR PROBLEM NOT MINE..SUCH A BIG PROBLEM FOR TINY PEOPLE

Maybe you are the problem, Not Best Buy. Just sayin.... :grin

Why do you say the plan is a joke? Aren't they fixing it as per the agreement? What did you think would happen?

Thanks for typing in all caps. That makes you look like an even bigger jack@ss than you already are.

View more comments (7)

Best Buy and Best Buy.com

I purchased a tv on Best Buy.com for there online sale price. The process involves you locating a store near you with this item in inventory. I browsed and found the LCD Tv that I wanted and made the purchase online. During the purchase you are instructed that you will receive and email when the item is ready for pick up at your locate store. Two hours later I recieve an email saying that it is being pulled from stock and will be ready in 45 mins. I arrive at the store to find that they are out of the particular item. I ask if I can receive store credit to purchase another tv...um no. I have to call the 800 number and cancel my order, which I do. They tell me the funds will be transfered back....um bank says no. The bank wont release my money and Best Buy wont allow a repurchase using those funds. Per BB@T and Best Buy the purchase will be denied and the funds will be returned in 3 to 5 business days. SO the money i used to make the purchase is hanging out in money fairy land. I will never shop at Best Buy again. I asked if they could reestablish the purchase and I could wait on the original TV or some type of store credit....no again.

Simon's post are part of the reason you won't shop at best buy? That makes no sense.

And I don't know where you shop, but best buy is not the worst customer service out there. I've been to many places, including one of their biggest competitors, wal mart, and their customer service sucks every single time.

I don't see how you think the internet is always correct try checking ahead of time before you assume something is in stock

Thats why you call the store ahead of time, Relying on an email system alone to notify if it is in stock is not as reliable as calling ahead of time before you go to the store.

As for your bank not releasing the funds to your account Is NOT Best Buy's fault, Its your banks fault it can take 5 to 7 business days for the hold to be released on the funds pretty much all banks do that for security reasons and to give time to validate the funds.

Get the facts straight and become informed before you go spouting off.

You ordered from bestbuy.com, not from a B&M store and you're upset that your item isn't ready the same day? Ummm fail?

And it's your bank that won't release the funds, Best Buy has nothing to do with it.

It's 100% your fault you're in the spot you're in. Next time if you plan to buy from a store, go to the store and buy it.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Buy CD online, problem, just bring it to the store: Bologna | Best Buy review from Lakewood, Colorado

My kid brother sent me a John Pinette comedy CD for Xmas. He meant to send the live DVD performance. No problem he stated, just go to the store, exchange it or they can order it at the store, you pay the difference. The inside instructions in the CD packing envelope said the same thing. I went to the brick and mortar store on Colorado Bld South, Denver. A clerk looked it up and said the CD can't be returned as they have no sku number in their system (the stores) but she agreed it exists, and looked online and there it was. She pointed out that the online sku is too long to use in the store system. I agreed there seem to be a problem with their systems agreeing with each other but that I was the customer and just want BB to live up to what they told my brother on the phone and what they put in writing, which I showed her. Please give me a credit which I can use online to order the DVD I want. No can do the clerk says. We call over the ops manager Tara (we don't give last names she says) who says the same thing. At this point, I'm out something valuable to me. My time. I also spend a gallon of gas roundrip so I'm out money. I go home. I go online to check the return policy. I can reurn the CD, pay postage and th value may be returned to my kid brother. Then we can get the DVD. The other option is just keep the CD, listen but not see the show brother wanted me to see. I am thinking that's reallt what BB wants as a resolution anyway. But what BB will get that's "extra" is I will never, I mean never, do business with BB again. There are too many decent stores with honest return policies that they state, and then follow. I will also share the story with my firends and employees. I mean who today has the time for BS at BB?

I need to come clean everyone about my post on Dec 27. I am a worthless POS Best Buy employee and I'm in meetings to address my addiction of peeling one off while watching elderly women (and sometimes men) shop via our in-store security cameras.

My sponsor says I should come clean. Sorry I'm such a loser...

I love complaints that include the fact that employees don't give out last names. What would you do with that information anyway?

Look her up and stalk her? Lol

How dumb can you brother be? Who can't tell the difference between ordering a CD and a DVD?

View more comments (2)
Loss

Brandon the General Manager treated me unfairly | Best Buy review from San Antonio, Texas

I was sifting and excusing my way through an aisle when a woman asked me to excuse myself. I did so. And then she said that I shoved her. I said, "did I shove you with my hands or did I bump into you?" Her husband interjected "Move along. Don't talk to my wife!" Then I said "It's a free country I'm a citizen here, I'm looking to buy. I'll stay here as long as I want." He said "Get the *** out of here." And told a representative to remove me from the store. An assistant told me he could help me get a core-i7. He was fair. Then the General Manager at the Rim Best Buy, named Brandon interjected and asked how he could help. I overheard the man from earlier saying "they should get him the *** out of here." I yelled back at him, "Why don't you get out? You're an old man. Are you really trying to intimidate me?" Brandon decided to kick me out the store. I asked him why he wasn't treating me fairly and did not kick out the man who cursed. Justice

Why would you provoke another person, just be the bigger person and walk away but no instead you want to instigate and cause problems

TIm

Maybe screaming across a crowded store instead of taking the high road and not being a scene causing *** was his reason.

This is mere conjecture.

This story is bogus.

This story is bogus.

John N

Ok, I'll ***------your last sentence says you asked him why he was kicking you out. What did he respond???

View more comments (4)
Service
Best Buy Manager

The price match is a lie | Best Buy review from Miami Beach, Florida

Came to purchase a vacuum cleaner to best buy in Hialeah, I've checked the barcode with my iPhone and found two places have it for $299.99 (best buy is selling it for $499.99) Cashier called the manager (Jose) and Jose told me that Best Buy only match prices from well known Co. like Lowes. Brandsmart, etc. I'm extremely disappointed and best buy has lost all their credibility to me. The manager turned his back to me not allowing me to show him any back up. The manager was rude and best buy advertisement is a lie!!!

My brother bought his 4S last weekend and went back to the customer service dept a day after when my brother in law learned that Walmart is selling Iphone 4S for $188.00. My brother bought his Iphone 4S from Best buy for $199.99 as advertised.

So, when my brother in law talked to the gentleman from the customer service dept., the guy called a Walmart store and was told that Walmart is out of stock!! So, my brother in law was told that they cannot give him the “Price Match.” A ..difference of just $11.00.

Today, my sister went to the store and upgraded her phone to 4S.. The gentleman from the Mobile Dept, again, called a “Walmart” store and he was told that Walmart is “out of stock.”

Last night, I was watching the cable special feature about Best Buy and the CEO himself stated that for price match, all the customer has to do is to show to the best buy rep a local add showing a lower price than Best Buy and Best buy will honor and give the customer the lower price. It sounds as easy as that!!

I looked at Walmart website and it clearly shows that 4S is sold for $188.00 with a notation “in store only.” This should be enough for the sales rep and the customer service gentlemen to honor and give the “Price Match” program to my sister and my brother-in law.

If you look at Walmart website for the 4G 16BG, it is clearly stated that Walmart is “out of stock”

But this is not the 4G phone my sister and brother-in –law was buying?? It’s the 4S and no "out of stock" written !!! So obviously, the store has 4S IN STOCK!!

It clearly shows that Best buy reps are trying to deny their customers the price match program.. My sister and brother-in-law deserve to get their $12 difference on the price match..I know it’s not much money but it’s the PRINCIPLE that we are fighting for here!!!

I price match there all the time and no one has ever given me any trouble. The policy clearly states that it has to be a local competitor (not their website) and they have to have it in stock.

@ jason hughes-

I really hope you're directing your comments towards me, that would only further my point that noboday READS ANYTHING anymore. :)

I clearly stated that I get aggrevated by those that simply refuse to get their facts straight or have any information with them what so ever. I have never worked for Best Buy, just been a loyal customer and spent lots of money with them over the years. I have had excellent service at times, I've also had some not-so-pleasant experiences, it happens everywhere. I'm sorry but I have no patience for ignorance and flat out stupidity. Why must I be punished, being made to wait an additional 20 minutes, to complete my transaction that I have all the info for, while you're arguing with the associate and the manager over something that could've been avoided if you, the consumer, took responsibility for yourself and read what's right in front of your face or ASK someone beforehand.

I wanted to address your comments about the deceptive sales techniques and overall nasty demeanor towards the associates. I don't know about you, but I know full well when I step foot inside those doors that I am there to purchase a luxury item and that it's to be expected for the sales associates to try and upsell producs and services. That's their job. Best Buy doesnt ask anyone to live outside their means, so the old lady on fixed income really has no business purchasing an HD tv if she cannot also afford the HDMI cables, the blu ray player that complete the package, correct? I never have felt that the associates have tried to swindle me, they offer, I accept or give a firm NO. Doing a tiny bit of research ahead of time can go a long way. Items and services that may seem "unnecessary" to a consumer are typically needed or can save a headache later. If you're buying a 42' LCD HD tv and you're hooking it up with standard cable and attaching a dvd player to it, then YES you are correct that the picture doesn't look any better than you're old TV and doesn't look like it did on display (ps- they hook all of their displays up with the best possible equiptment)Technology is a priviledge, not a right people, and if you cannot afford all the items needed to have high end electronics perform as the manufacturer intended, then DON'T BUY THEM! I understand people want to have nice things, it is possible to have nice things without going broke, but it is the consumer's job to educate themselves before making a big purchase. Best Buy just sells the Tvs and the iPads, they aren't responsible for knowing whether or not you have spare cables, anti-virus software, if you're router is compatable, etc. if you aren't aware yourself to inquire. Their services and protection plans I'm 50/50 on. I use them from time to time and find them to be situtationally very useful. Mostly common sense involved there, YES my college-aged daughter needs a plan that protects againsts drops on her laptop, YES I plan on keeping a TV for more than 1 year so YES I should probably protect those investments. There is absolutely nothing in that store that is necessary for basic survival. So i

Some associates are better than others, many seems to be a product of "broken homes", stores with lack of leadership, high turnover rates,employees seem to be given unrealistic expectations and no recognition for their hard work and achievements. In the past 4 months, my local store has seen 3 new managers and let me tell you the ones they brought in are worse. I only recognize a few faces in various departments, and I work with those that I've built a relationship with. There is one girl in particular at customer service that is absolutely fabulous. She's professional, she goes the extra mile, she follows through, she delivers and she certainly doesn't have to. On multiple occasions I've worked with her, she's at the counter by herself, huge line, paging for a manager 4 and 5 times before recieving a response. Somehow she always maintains her cool, with the phone ringing off the hook, customers glaring angrily and her leadership team ignoring her requests for help. I guess the point in all that is I can't fault the employees of Best Buy for their lack of enthusiam when they're over-worked, under-paid, and not at all compensated or even acknowledged for their efforts. It seems like a pretty dismal place to be employeed currently, but the employees that, despite circumstance are willing to go above and beyond, they're the reason I keep coming back.

Wow, such venom. Maybe when you guys get through tearing these people apart you can go put your Best Buy Blues on, go high five each other on selling the old lady on a fixed income a hundred dollars worth of cables she didn't need, huddle in a corner and talk about the hot chick in the mobile department that all of you ate so sure you are going to bang, and then go home and curl to with a bag of cheetos, play some video games, get on a few blows and act tough, and then go to bed and rub one out to a pic of your department supervisor.

90% of these "complaints" and "issues" wouldn't even exist is people took the time to READ!! My god, when did this country become illiterate?

You all can READ the price off the ad, but you can't be bothered to READ the description of the item on sale, the policy reguarding returns and price matches, or the items included in a particular bundle.

I don't know about you, but I dont like to look like a dumba$s so I do my research and ask questions before I start demanding things that are clearly addressed if you only took the time to READ the freaking policy. I love it when you're in front of me in line, holding it up forever, with complaints that have no merit while I'm stuck waiting when I took the time to have the appropriate items with me to verify a price match.

Best Buy and every other store that prices matches will not match online store's prices. I think it's the first condition listed on their price matching policy.

They have to have this policy, otherwise people will try to match their prices with EBay, Amazon, scams, Craigslist, etc.

Your complaint is invalid. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

View more comments (6)

Geek Squad loses my hard drive data | Best Buy review from New York, New York

On July 24, 2011 I brought my Best Buy purchased Compaq Desktop because of hard drive problems to the Geek Squad. I was told that the hard drive was bad and that I needed a new one. I requested that all my files be saved. I left the computer for one day while Geek Squad copied my files. When I arrived to pick up my data I was told that they could get me a new hard drive because the computer was still under warranty. I agreed. Three months later my new hard drive came in and I asked to have my files transferred to the new drive. Unfortunately the person who had attended me was not there and the files were "LOST". I was told that there would be no charge and that they were sorry, but there was nothing they could do for me. I was really upset because of the files & programs that I had. Taking the company to court would cost me more than it was worth and I asked HQ for a remedy. No one listened to me except for a superisor at Customer Service, Aaron Gauss. He was able to obtained for me an "I'm sorry" & a $100 Best Buy gift card.

We had a situation about two weeks ago in my store. A guy came in with his laptop and was worried because it was not turning on.

He asked for all of his data to be transferred to the new computer he was buying. Numerous attempts to retrieve the data from his hard drive were unsuccessful. Sometimes these things happen and I wish corporate policys gave us more leway to try and fix the issue but the only thing I could offer him was sending it out for service. Also in response to Satan.

My manager will only hire certified technicians to work on the computers. The up front agents are mostly college kids but we have two retired IBM technicians working in the back for us.

maybe your hard drive was bad and they couldnt retrieve your data?

you are responsible for backing up your data, flash drives are very handy for this sort of thing and they cost pennies per megabyte.

3 months for a hard drive? i just completely disassembled my nephews laptop to replace the bottom plastic and power outlet cause he just ripped the power cord right out of the side of it and broke all the plastic which held it in, oh that took me about 2 hours and cost 22 bucks total.

remember BB is only there to MAKE money, they are going to try and get out of everything that will cost them money.

I think they hire those people right out of high school.

View more comments (2)
$2000

Best buy gift return policy sucks

Stood in line 45 minutes today to return a gift. Gift was purchased on Halloween and I had a gift receipt. Was told that the item was purchased too long ago to get even a store credit. Only 30 days on a gift? This thing is a case! Not a piece of electronics or some sort of media with a short shelf life. I would love to say I'll never shop there again, but since they've run almost every other merchant of their kind out of town, I will probably be back. (but not without exhausting every other source of merchandise I can find.) I also tried calling to cancel my reward zone card, and they hung up on me. Whatever happened to customer service. I've been mugged by friendlier people than these.

Best Buy just lost another customer!!! Tried to return an item that was never used and I had the receipt, but their return policy is only for "eligible items purchased within 15 days".

So they would not refund or exchange or give a store credit. Now I know why they are reported to be going out of business.

Horrific customer service, receipt nor paperwork did not annotate a return policy nor timeframe, rude staff, kept trying to sell me something that I did not want, and now stuck with something that does not work well. Misleading return policy and hours on the phone with repetitive and incompetent staff.

WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN!

You had to wait in line for 45 minutes to make a RETURN the day after Christmas? Ridiculous.

It's a policy , they have to do what the company wants them to. Point blank.

You were outside the return policy. Plain and simple. Best Buy did nothing wrong, they just adhered to their clearly posted policies.

View more comments (4)
Loss

Bestbuy charge me but give me useless iTunes card | Best Buy review from Yorba Linda, California

I bought one 25$ and 3 $15 iTunes card on dec 16,2011. I picked them up on bestbuy store on 3100 w frye rd, chandler az85226-5007 The smooth action end here. My daughter gave one $15 iTunes card as Christmas gift to her friend. She got $25itune card as Christmas card. But When she tried to use it, apple said that the $25 card was not activated. I took the rest 3 cards and pick slip from bestbuy to store. The rudest resp I ever meet Said that I didn't purchase the cards, cause she can only find the $25 card receipt. I showed her the emails, she said she doesn't care about my emails at all. I got angry for her attitude for treating customer, she refuse to help me right away till a Store manager come, but he only gave me the non- activated $25 iTunes which doesn't work For exchange and let me call bestbuy.com for rest. It's the most rediculous thing in the world. I paid 4 cards and the gave me 4 Cards with all the print out when pickup, but they didn't activate the card Then later claim that I didn't pay for the card without any refund. Bestbuy is trying to rob my money, the worst purchasing experience I have ever meet in States. I will never buy anything from bestbuy anymore. They are not only missing the good customer service but also missing the knowledgable personal to fill your needs
Loss

Best Buy will take cash but wont give it!

I purchased a 40" Samsung TV for my wife for Christmas from Best buy in Danbury CT a week before Christmas and paid over a thousand dollars cash. I dont have a credit card. My wife lost her job that very same day. I brought the unopened box back to best buy so I could get the extra cash to buy my children's Christmas presents. Best Buy refused to give me my cash back but said they could send me a check but I wouldn't receive it till after Christmas. I had to leave the store with no TV and no money. That was my reward for being responsible and paying cash..I guess when I get my check I will have to pay a check cashing company a percentage because I dont have a bank account.. Thanks to Best Buy we had a terrible Christmas....

Dumb *** best buy did nothing wrong here it's a policy get with the people who made that *** and a check is like cash just CASH that *** and it's the same *** thing. Stop crying like a baby .

Also I'm pretty sure it's on the receipt ! Lol lol

Most stores have a policy of not refunding large amounts of cash; usually around $200 or so. So, no matter where you shopped, the same thing would've happened.

Maybe think before you buy things and maybe you wouldn't need to return them and you could avoid situations like this.

With all the negative comments at every place that people leave comments about best buy why would anyone even shop there?maybe someone should throw an after Christmas pity party for best buy shoppers.

So what your saying is that in order to do business with best buy I have to have to have a credit card or bank account. They should tell you that when you pay them cash.

They happily took my cash. I believe when someone pays cash they should receive cash back. It's that simple.

Just because I refuse to" get with the times " and put myself in debt like every American. Anyways, you can buy into that horse *** and when your credit card is maxed out and the bank siezes your money don't ask me for a buck.

Get with the times and get a free bank account like every other normal American.

Or you could get with times and have

1. A bank account.

2. A debit or credit card

3. Common sense. All Best Buy safes carry around 2 grand in cash 24/7. We have people who are hired solely to take money to the bank if we exceed 2 grand.

View more comments (5)
Loss

Store pickup hiram ga. store gave the wrong ipod upon pickup. | Best Buy review from Washington, District Of Columbia

wrong ipod touch. order white got black. was sons christmas present. he wanted white. wife did not notice. and i didnot look (my bad).bestbuy is having a bad season for customer service. will take a hard toll. with consumers and stock holders this year.but we can not let it fall. we already lost a major player in eletronics.(circuit city) and it took a big hurt in the u.s economy. alot of people lost there jobs. if you take a good look at the big picture. all employees from the person that pull the product for pickups to the c.e.o. must take stock in your job. so you can keep it.