Bestbuy don't honor their warranties | Best Buy review from Harlingen, Texas

Bought washer over a year ago and has had like 6 repairs!I did buy the extended warranty but doesn't really matter. Best buy claims its only been 3 repairs. They don't count 3rd party which they always send me. They will not claim washer as a lemon. Timer has been repaired for the 3rd time and spoke to supervisor....very nice lady:) But she still couldn't do anything:( So here I am waiting on washer to be repaired for the 6th time. I still have over a year left on my warranty so they be hearing from me again soon. Stay away from Bestbuy.
Loss

Best buy allows telecheck to make all decisions for check writhing in there store .

tele check using a code 3 ,no outstanding checks, just no check writing,so tele check states.then why am i not allow to write checks? i have been banking at the same bank for 35 years.yet, tele check states my checks are only good at wall mart, sears, rite aid, etc, get the picture?they want me to write more words but i do belive i have i have said it all and buy having to write more words, just tells me they have more time then needed on their hands,still have another 20 words to write(not.)

WhaT is this check you speak of? Sounds like crazy talk...

Heaven forbid a store that protects itself from fraud!!! Like Simon said, get a check card you tard!

#420124

Stop being a caveman and use a debit card. It will be easier on the store, the customers behind you, and you.

View more comments (2)

Getting results | Best Buy review from Hanover, Virginia

Best Buy Corporate Office: (612) 291-1000 Customer Care: (888) 237-8289 I have called the 888 # so many times, now I finally found the corporate # and actually on the phone as I typed...hopefully I will get results. I called the store...no result. So the Best Buy Corporate Office number acutally works, just be courteous and speak nicely and they will help. If you fly off the handle, that doesnt help you at all. Hopefully I will post my update at what has happened and the end result. Great Luck to everyone. I don't think I will buy from them every again...I miss Circuit City.
Best Buy Customer Care

I hate GEEK SQUAD | Best Buy review from Jacksonville, Florida

I have spent the past week and a half running to best buy to find out when I will have a working laptop. After being ripped off for the diagnostic service, I learned I had to buy a new hard drive. My first trip to the Geek Squad counter was to purchase the hard drive. Four days later, I got a call asking me to come back into the store with a reinstall CD. (Why didn't they ask me to bring it the FIRST TWO times I was in the store??). After a fruitless search for the "must have" CD I went back for the 2nd return visit teling them I did not have a reinstall CD. The smart *** clerk informed me that my laptop wouldn't have a CD. They said they would install my operating system and it would be another three days. Four days later, I have a laptop that is now running very, very slow. When I went back AGAIN I was told to call the 800 number (Yes, I purchased the tech support program.) What other company can take your money and return soemthing to you that is "sorta" working!

I work for a geek squad and I can assure you we are not all this way. All the ones here, including myself, all have some sort of degree, weather its MIS, Computer Science, or whatever but we all do.

I am not saying that all of the Geek Squad's are like us but I can promise we're not all like that one. Our turn time at our store to fix a HDD with discs provided(if they are not we will ask for them right away) is at most 2 days. If that, I fixed one today in 6 hours including the OS installation and updates with Antivirus installation. I don't want you to think that all geek squads are like this one, because they are not.

I've seen a lot of bad experiences with some geek squads and to me, it seems like yes some are the agent's not paying attention or being rude. However, when we get a client that is yelling at us for something THEY broke (like a screen) and its not covered under the Manufacturer warranty (not even our problem) that is no reason to be mad at us for something that we have absolutely no control over. We can only do what Dell, HP, Asus, Sony, etc.

tells us to do. Sometimes when you get mad, take a second to really realize what you're getting mad at and think...is it our fault or are you being an *** for no reason?

You pay an over priced amt to have the Geek Squad come to your house so they can spend 10 rushed minutes w/you making you feel like you can't ask anything. Unfortunately, after two months we noticed one speaker on our surround sound wasn't working and wanted them back to complete the job they started.

An appt was scheduled but then cancelled by the Geek Squad agent, WITHOUT CONTACTING US TO LET US KNOW THEY WEREN'T COMING, due to the fact that they believe they should be paid again. So after waiting 3 hours I decided to call but got absolutely nowhere, nor did anyone bother to acknowledge that we rec'd no cancellation call.

The store manager JULIE was an absolute unprofessional nightmare!!!!! All they do is repeat the same thing over and over w/no customer service.

#419283

duh-Your name if very fitting. You don't have all of the facts.

First- I tried to abbreviate the story. They asked me to bring in the CD.

After I couldn't find the CD and asked them what could be done, the 17-year old flunkie behind the counter said "oops, sorry I guess you don't need a CD with your year laptop." Second-They have my money and I don't have a working computer 3-you state "pay him" -SEXIST The *** flunkie behind the counter was a pregnant 17 year. At least we know she can complete SOME JOB

#419137

They didn't ask you to bring the CD, because IT'S IN YOUR WRITTEN CONTRACT THAT YOU WILL PROVIDE IT.

And don't be mad that the 17 year old behind the counter knows more about your laptop than you do. Just pay him.

View more comments (3)
Review

Best Buy screws the consumer again

Today 1/28/12 I attempted to exchange a gift I received for Christmas on 12/25/11 at the Rapid City, SD store. I dropped off the product when I arrived at the store in the customer service desk stating that I want to return it for exchange but did not know what I wanted yet and needed to look around. They said okay. I returned to the service desk and started working with a gentleman until he stated that the return date had expired and he needed to talk to the manager about it. When the manager arrived she briefly stated that the date had expired and she could not accept the return. I stated that I lived 154 miles away and that I do not get to any town that has a Bestbuy every month to return such things and she again said "sorry". She obviously does not care about the customer or understand retail sales. I had planned to use that return as partial to purchase a new Iphone, accessories, and a couple of other twenty dollar items. Not only did you all lose my purchases today but will never see me purchase anything from you all again. Also I will be spreading the details of my experience to all of my contacts along with every place on the internet that I can think of. I will also be writing to our local newspaper so everyone can see how you treat customers that do not live in the towns where you have stores.

People who comment on these complaints are so rude. These complaints are to inform people of their bad experiences with companies and people are swearing at them and calling them names just because they shared their bad experience.

Best Buy has quit a few complaints. Obviously this customer was not the only one that had bad customer service.

Commenter/Simon

Do you have comments on everything? Most of your comments are rude.

Get a life and a job. It may keep you off boards like this.

Patrick

hahaha wow, you're A *** ***. why should you be treated better than everyone just because you want to return something that was bought a while ago?

you do realize that Christmas was well over a month ago right? if you live over 100 miles away then that's your own fault for driving so far for something as lame and *** as an iPhone. you should have called ahead to see if they could do anything. good thing you'd never go back because if I worked at Best Buy, I wouldn't want to see an *** like you with the mind of a 10 year old.

and you're gonna write in the local newspaper about it..? I hope people tell you how *** you are.

The store needs to show discretion. If the product is unopened and still state of the art there should be nop problem with a store credit.

Yes Mr ManinBlack many stores allow returns after 30 days for store credits.

The policy is there to prevent theft by employees and customers. There should be a policy that is flexible.

#420041

Best buy allowed consumers to return items upto 30 days after it was purchased and during the xmas period they allowed from black friday till jan 25th to return You have had the product over 30 days it might as well be second hand now. Would you buy something that had been in someone else's home for over a month? I sure as *** wouldn't.

#419545

Jesus, if you can't return an item in 2 weeks, then just keep it.

the policy is there for a reason, if they make an exception for you, they need to make an exception for everyone to be fair. BestBuy doesn't need a customer like you.

Actually Best Buy said on TV they are giving consumers 45 days to return items but I found that is from the date of purchase. I'm sitting on a $500 mistake my husband made and he normally doesn't buy anything until Christmas Eve.

Too bad for Best Buy, we're good customers and have purchaseding all kitchen appliances and electronics for the last 20 years and we have rentals as well. No more business with them/.

so you admit to waiting over a month to return it and you blame the store for your laziness? no stores in this country will let you return an item after 30 days.

View more comments (8)
Best Buy Sales Manager

SpyWare/Malware, Trojans and Worms | Best Buy review from Glendale, Arizona

Update by user Mar 15, 2012

This is for you MR. LOL; your social engineering will not work.

Are you a part of this global cyber gang? Hackers who are part of this FakeCD99 gang all LOL when I accuse them of cyber espionage, cyber stalking, and cyber bulling, and using my computers for cyber crimes. The digital forensic evidence collected proves that GEEK Squad and others in this cyber gang are committing crimes of cyber espionage from 2009 to the present. Cyber criminal stalking me are a part of a global gang of cyber criminal that has cyber terrorized me and my computers since August 23, 2001.

Digital evidence collected to this date is 8978 pieces of digital evidence. So Mr.

LOL are you a part of this gang who’s trying to discredit me as a digital sleuth? You’re BUSTED!!!!

Original review posted by user Jan 27, 2012

Geek Squad is currently selling spyware and malware system pre-installed for unauthorized access to computer systems. Geek Squad is a rip off, if your computer system is serviced by Geek Squad, they will update the spy ware with new infections. When I complained to the management about the computers on the show room floor are all infected with spyware, they called the police on me, I waited for the police for over an hour, they never arrived. Now I am banned from the Best Buy stores in Las Vegas. since Geek Squad claims that that do not intentionally infect computers. Digital evidence was collected from all computers. The fake upgrade that was offered, it a spyware, malware, trojan, zombie bot with unauthorized backdoors and internet services using for cyber stalking, cyber bulling, cyber espionage, and cyber criminal activity. Removing the spies from the system will crash the computer system. Now Geek Squad wants me to pay them $239.00 to update the spyware on the computer system. After complaining to the Corporate office, the agent taking the case blocked me from his email account to prevent him from receiving the digital evidence collected for a full refund on two computer systems.

WOW! just *** WOW! your a *** *** and i mean that with the highest conviction.

Paranoid much? LOL!

You have to be quite the tool to get banned from a retail store. Your family has to be proud.

View more comments (1)
Review

Best Buy return procedures are horrible

On 9 Jan 2012 I ordered a range hood from Best Buy; 2 days later it arrived. After the installer had already installed it in the cabinet space my wife noticed the hood was defective and not assembled correctly. I contacted Best Buy that evening and was told that I would be contacted by someone in another department to arrange return shipping. Approximately 5 days later I contacted Best Buy again, and was told they were sorry, they saw where my case was worked, but then work on the case stopped. I was given a $50 credit for my trouble, and again told to stand by for 2 -3 days to be contacted for return shipping instructions. Nothing. I called again and there was silence while the lady read the notes in her computer. After approximately 7 minutes, she came back on the line, apologized again, and told me she was going to handle the case personally as she could see where the issue was. I was told the notice from Best Buy would be given to UPS and I would be receiving shipping instructions from UPS "soon". I called again 2 days later where the customer service rep went through the verification procedures. By the time I had answered most of her questions (after offering my case number) I had enough. When she asked to verify my address I said no and requested to speak to her supervisor. She tried to explain their policy, I said no, I wish to speak to your supervisor. When the supervisor came on the line I explained that I had enough, the case number should suffice for verification (after all, anyone can do an internet search and get name / address but a return case number from Best Buy is a little more specific, wouldn't you think?). After about 5 or so minutes of going around about why I was not going to play the verification game any longer I had all the information anyway. It is going to take approximately another 4 weeks to get my refund of $573 when I called initially about the defective range hood two weeks prior. The defective Range Hood is not Best Buy's fault, the manufacture in fact, sent me another defective hood ordered through Lowes – another story. The people on the phone have generally been overly friendly and helpful. Yes, I could have spent much less time on the phone today had I simply given my address when prompted, but as I explained, that is NOT the point. The point is they have an issue with their process that they need to correct. They need to figure out a way to avoid holding on to my money for over 4 – 6 weeks for a product that was identified as defective the day after it was delivered. I have already filed with my credit card company to dispute the charge. In today's world this process should not be this difficult, time consuming, nor frustrating. Added to Best Buy's inability to deliver the goods as promised to those who purchased Christmas gifts their defective return process (if systemic and not merely an outlier) does not bode well for their continued existence. An organization generally has one shot to fix a screw up, they have failed miserably this time. I am sure I am not the only one, I will go out of my way from now on to avoid any business whatsoever to conduct any transactions with Best buy.

Agreed, I had a similar problem, They kept me going in circles for almost 3 weeks, had me on phone for hour and half, spoke to two different supervisors over the phone on two different occasions, everyone giving me different information in regards to their policies etc now they are telling me it will take a further 30- 60 days in order for me to get my money back!

For software I didn't want renewed but they took it out of my account anyway. I cancelled it straight away. Best buy sucks!

Best Buy Customer Service

About 3 months ago, I went shopping for a new TV. I went to a Best Buy store in Golden, CO and found the TV I wanted in a few minutes. The first salesman went to check on someone else while I was still searching. After he finished with those people, he helped two other customers who came in after me while I was waiting. Then a assistant manager approached and asked if I needed help. Grateful, I explained I wanted to buy the TV and his best response was he'd get someone to help me. He wandered off to who knows where and I never saw him again. Meanwhile, the original salesman helped two more customers who again came in after me. After waiting 45 min, flagging down a total of four different store agents, and still unable to get someone to sell me a TV, I left. To me, this was beyond bad. I've spent a lot of money at Best Buy over the years on DVDs, TV, and various other electronics. And there I was ready to drop $800 on a new TV and they just kept helping and checking out other people. As a result, I refuse to shop at Best Buy now and I have shared this story with all my friends. The amazing part was #1 they weren't surprised and had other difficulties with the chain and #2 I read it was listed as one of the top 10 most hated companies due to poor customer service. Imagine that. If anyone from Best Buy reads this, which I doubt they will since they obviously don't care about the customer, I've made several purchases since this event from your competitors and I actually feel good that your company won't see a dime of my money. I'll gladly give it to your competition and look forward to the day that you are out of business.
Alan C

A lot of times this behavior occurs when you are buying an advertised TV and/or the other customers are buying extra unnecessary services such as protection plans.

"Not everyone can sell TV's," if it is already picked out, most of us don't need the nonsense of Monster cables and Geek Squad Black Tie Deception plans.

Woodbob

B.S! Seems you failed to read what he's complaining about, NO one helped him, but they helped other people that arrived after him.

I would have walked long before he did.

Even the manager blew him off!!!

You are way over-reacting. Not everyone can sell tv's, which is why the departments are seperated. But regardless, they were helping other customers, not just standing around.

View more comments (2)
Review
#292070 Review #292070 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Customer Care

Your Process For Extending Warranties SUCKS | Best Buy review from Orange, California

I purchased a Dell laptop in November 2009 from Best Buy on Tustin in Orange CA. When I received the form to extend my warranty in November 2011, I returned it with a check for 99.99. The form was returned a few weeks later minus the check with no note of any kind. I called a GEEK and was told they didn't take checks. Why, I asked wasn't a note enclosed to tell me that???? NO ANSWER. I then gave the GEEK (yes, I'm ***), my credit card #. That was over a month ago. I STILL haven't heard from anyone nor received any email acknowledgement!!! I was told by a friend who use to be a GEEK that I was wasting my time sending this, and that your customer service is *** poor. I agree. But short of marching into the Tustin store with 100 other pissed people, WHAT IS MY REMEDY??? Is there anyone out there????? Alexis Woods awoods53@hotmail.com
Alan C

You already bought a one year extended warranty? Why would you buy another year - do you think you're going to drop it down a flight of stairs?

If you already have the first hand experience of awful customer service, why put any faith in the other services? Many choices with PCs and electronics purchases, none of which should be Worst Buy.

I too have had the same experience in Billings Montana. A phone call on Saturday night told me that they no longer processed checks and that it had been shredded.

I have no way of proving that. I too had to give them my credit card number.

They told me that it would be 1 to 3 days and I would receive an email with this confirmation. I was given a confirmation # but that is all I have at this point.

View more comments (1)
Review
#291919 Review #291919 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Best Buy has worst customer service ever!

So I know I am not the first to experience problems when it comes to ordering a TV online at Best Buy during Boxing Week and it helped to read other peoples posts to avoid going in store. So this is what happened to us... We got a Samsung 51" plasma 3D tv during Christmas Eve sale and delivery of TV was suppose to be delivered on January 11, my husband took the day off of work so he could be home to receive it and set it up. During the time slot of the delivery, the home delivery people contacted my husband and informed him they went to the wrong address and decided to not deliver it that day. He was originally given a three hour delivery time slot and they ended up at the wrong address just 20 minutes away from our home, but didn't come. No one contacted my husband about when they would show up, of course my husband tried numerous times to contact someone about this and no one followed up with him until 9 hours later....saying that they would have to schedule another day for delivery and would take 2 business days for someone to contact him about this. So they took two business days to schedule the delivery for Jan 14 and they finally show up with TV, it was dropped off by one delivery guy (not two) and he just dropped it off and left, never set it up like he was suppose to do and make sure it was working. So of course my husband sets it up on his own and then when we finally turn on the TV it doesn't work!!! The TV is not working at all and making a buzzing noise with nothing showing on screen. My husband goes off to work angry after setting up and I try to help by calling customer service.... Let me tell you I spoke to 7 people at that call centre and no one could give me any good advice or help me out. No one wanted to come to our house to check out the TV or even pick it up for us the same day for an exchange. Everyone just kept saying to return it in store and buy a new one. I could never get a supervisor or manager on the phone cause apparently there wasn't anyone there. My husband works retail and knows that there always has to be a Manager on duty. So got the pure run around from every representive and even when transferred to Geek Squad they didn't say anything but transfer me back and forth to the same dept. I was told to go back in store and return it, but from all the comments/reviews I have read on the forum says that this doesn't work so why am I being given this information from Best Buy??? So I can't even bring it back in store because I will be turned away since it was purchased online. I even contacted Samsung who tried to help solve my problem with the TV, they determined it was not good to even try to fix so they told me to just bring back to store and get a new one it shouldn't be a problem (little do they know it is!!!) So my husband decides he wants to return the TV (no exchange) because we were lucky to find the same TV at a smaller store for the same sale price the next day of receiving defected TV from Best Buy....which we got in person and now in our home. I am glad we did this because we have the TV and it works...but imagine if we didn't and had to exchange?? Once we called to make the return with Best Buy (Jan 15 was when they said they "processed" the return) for the defected TV, they said they would email us about the next steps. We never received an email as we were told.... so again called to follow up last Thurs. Jan 19, they said they would put it in "priority" and then emailed my husband the next day saying that the return would get processed and that he should get another email in 2 business days for a scheduled pick up. That didn't happen! So he called again yesterday (Tues. Jan 24) and again was told someone would contact him in 4-6 business hours. Still waiting! It has been TEN DAYS since he asked for the return with customer service at Best Buy (one month since purchasing), they still need to contact us to schedule a pick up for the TV and then wait again for someone to get it, then finally process the return when they receive it!!!! This was purchased online by credit card so will be incurring unneccessary interest on the credit card due to the inconvenience of Best Buy's service. This is indeed unfair and unprofessional, a huge disappointment and stress for both of us to have to constantly contact Best Buy customer service (tell our entire story over and over again and get the run around every time) to get this resolved!!! Why does no one want to help us and try to make our experience a better one???? We continue to wait for someone to schedule a pick up for our TV that sits in our home while we wait longer for a refund and pay interest to our credit card!!!