Filter by rating :
filters

Best buy sucks

ill tell u what happened i took my 1200 laptop that i bought a 350 additional warranty in on the last day of the warranty it was on the 13th i was there that morning the *** behind the counter says the warranty actually expired at midnight the night before! what?!!!!!! they said it would not be repaired! u know what else expired that morning my desire to ever do buisness with best buy again. ive spent over 10,000 in the last three years what a bunch of *** bye bye best bye lol idiots *** losers! if you are smart you will never step foot in a best buy store!

I agree they suck. They are best at fraud, what are they teaching those young people who work for them " how to be dishonest business people" .

i think they should get out of the business they are in

and explore setting up a business teaching ethics and using some of their behavior as examples.

or maybe write a book on what not to do to hard working people. NEVER AGAIN WORST BUY

Patrick

I agree with Simon. you're the ***, *** and loser here Cbecomis.

even though you're situation sucks, rules are rules. they can't make exceptions for little babies like you.

You Scam Artist!!!

Your computer just happened to break down on the last day of your warranty? I bet. It sounds like you were trying to scam them and it blew up in your face.

View more comments (3)
Loss
I wrote a complain to Mr. Dunn, CEO at Best Buy and got a preset regurgitated response from one of the peasants working there. It is further irritating to imagine that Best Buy thinks to send a sanitized email response is the right way to address a complain from a...

Wow most of the commentors are truly ***. They don't get that Best Buy is actively capturing your confidential information for a simple return, whether or not you have the original receipt and credit card. Lots of potential ID fraud with your driver license info!!!

View more comments

Best Buy Nightmare

My son purchased 50" inch television from your Utica store. Employees of Best Buy put the television in his car and when he unwrapped it the next day the screen was cracked. He took the television back to the store where he purchased it the day before and they told him that since it was carried out of the store they would not replace it or refund it. Nothing in writing indicating that this is store policy, no signature by my son. Seriously, has your store management heard of the Uniform Commerical Code, Article 2, Section 316. This store has not heard the last of this complaint. This will be escilated to civil litigation. In this down economic time when money is being spent on very few luxury items, it is shameful that a large corporation like Best Buy can't stand behind it products. I see a class action lawsuit here if there ever was one. No disclosure, no signatures just Best Buy making the laws as they go along. BAD BUSINESS.
Patrick

was it a Best Buy band TV? yeah, there's no such thing.

so it's not technically Best Buy's product. even though you're one of those *** that doesn't completely understand everything about retail, I do think Best Buy should have replaced your TV if it was during the return period.

Let me clarify, the responder who follows my comment lacks the ability to spell out whole words with that pathetic moniker.

Sisscs, I am not surprised to read of your hideous experience with Best Buy. I hope you proceed with your suit against this NO CUSTOMER CARE, greedy corporation.

The flunkies who defend Best Buy have no knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code.

They are far too busy making assumptions regarding consumer's honest accounts and can't handle the truth! Obviously responder #1 lacks the ability to spell out whole words with that pathetic moniker.

When you say "unwrapped" and not "unboxed" i assume he bought a floor model? Be a good parent and teach your son to take ownership of his actions.

This is 100% on him and you know it. I'm sure the TV was fine when it left the store!!!

David L

To duh..how many people would go to all the trouble to take a 50in Tv out of its box to check it before taking it home. Im sure YOU wouldnt have!!

It was up to you to check the TV after it was loaded into the car - while the employees were still around. Obviously someone opened the door for the BestBuy guys, so someone was there watching them load it into the car.

Obviously this happened after they loaded the tv into the car. Blame yourself, blame your son, but somebody cracked the TV and it wasn't BestBuy.

View more comments (5)

Best Buy overcharged

I set up a contract with Best Buy Dec 28, 2011 for 5 cell phones through Verizon. I was told it would cost $35 activation for the first phone then $25 activation for each additional phone. I also had to order a phone that they did not have in stock so they had to create a temporary phone number until I received the phone. When I received my bill from Verizon, I was charged $35 activation for each phone plus I was charge to have the temporary phone number, that I did not use because I did not have a phone. I called Verizon and they told me I had to call Best Buy since they were the ones that told me the incorrect amount of activation. Verizon also told me that the activation used to be this way but it changed to $35 for each phone in Aug 2011. Either Verizon did not update Best Buy with this change or Best Buy did not update their employees. I called Best Buy, they said there was nothing they could do and that Verizon was the one that would have to give me a credit. I told him that Verizon told me that your employee told me wrong so Best Buy is responsible for giving a credit. He told me it was my word against the employee's... that made me furious. NEVER AGAIN will I go to Best Buy for anything!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not happy with Verizon either!!!!

Funny how we all made it alive all these years without our parents buying us cell phones. And the next time this woman complains it will probably be about how she still has to pay this guy's phone bill after they break up. But by then she will probably have 5 kids as well.

Patrick

that wasn't Verizon's fault, just Best Buy's. big baby.

The phones were for my boyfriend, my 3 children and myself. No I am not a drug dealer.

It's called the Family plan ....apparently NCoClub and duh do not have families. I expected to get back the money they over charged me...duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For you to tell me what I need and what I don't need is not the point of this website.

It is to inform people of companies that treat customers unfairly. I see that duh and NcoClub have nothing better to do than to say their 2 cents about people they do not even know.

David L

5 phones?..my first thought was..Drug Dealer?

What did you expect them to do? Just refund a magical dollar amount to you?

Of course it's your word against the employee's. If every company just handed out refunds based on their lying customer's fairytales....there would be no companies to sell you things you don't need, like 5 cell phones.

Can't help you | Best Buy review from Montreal, Quebec

$500 dollars to spend and a manager on duty shrugs his shoulders and proclaims his inability to get the specific products in stock, on the shelves... If I could just pick up the box, no problem but its the experience. "I'm sorry, I can't seem to get anyone to help you." That's it. On a larger level, it seems the company has stopped to care in this particular store. I remember a totally different attitude when Best Buy arrived in Canada. How times have changed. Bought everything with not much less of a hustle at Future Shop.

At first I thought he was a shill for the company. I'm realizing now that these posters work in customer service and get *** on all day.

They get their revenge by coming on here and being abusive to 'the customer'. Yeah, it's sad.

Patrick

you could have been just a little more detailed..

Why do you go around bashing everyone who posts on this forum? Sad, sad little man :cry

Best Buy owns Future Shop.

If you talk like you type I bet the manager had no idea what you were talking about.

Review
I am a "Silver" member, earning points for all purchases. I purchased a video game, Call of Duty, for my nephew, along with $500 in electronics; a Nook and camcorder--- all on the same receipt. The video game purchased was in the wrong format, PS 3, and not Xbox. I...

Lol you had 49 days to return a product and even stated that you tried returning it prior but YOU decided not to stand in line. So some how Best Buy is at fault because YOU couldn't be bothered by the longer than usual line and decided you had better things to to and since the customer (YOU) are always right Best Buy should just comp you for your impatience. Certain people on this planet make me weep for humanity some times.

View more comments
Loss

Best Buy--- Don't shop here...

I am absolutely repulsed with the service that I received at the Best Buy Mobile on yesterday... I originally purchased a phone a few weeks ago. The sales guy talked me into purchasing the insurance. The phone screen cracked right before I was going to return the phone and cancel the contract. When I went in to the store (on a Sunday), I was told that I could use my plan to replace the phone and then I could return it.... They were out of the phone that day, so he told me to come back in 3 days... I came back on a Thursday afternoon, and the salesperson RETURNED MY PHONE, AND TOLD ME THAT HE HAD CANCELLED MY CONTRACT.... NO PROBLEM... HE EVEN GAVE ME A COPY OF THE RECEIPT... 20 MINUTES LATER, HIS MANAGER CALLS ME, AND TOLD ME THAT SHE VOIDED THE TRANSACTION, AFTER I LEFT, AND THAT I HAD TO COME BACK TO PICK UP THE PHONE... WHAT? I AM SO UPSET... BEST BUY NEEDS TO SWALLOW THAT LOSS, AND TRAIN THEIR EMPLOYEES BETTER.... THE MANAGER WAS SITTING THERE AS HE PROCESSED THE WHOLE TRANSACTION. BUT, SHE EXPECTS ME TO COME BACK TO THE STORE TO PICK UP THE PHONE ON A CONTRACT THAT I HAD BEEN TOLD WAS CANCELLED.... I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE VOIDED THE TRANSACTION AFTER I LEFT THE STORE... THAT IS BAD BUSINESS... NOW THEY WANT ME TO PAY $325.00 TO CANCEL A CONTRACT WITH AT&T. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BEST BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE CLEARLY UNDERTRAINED....

you're weird

Your caps key broke like you broke your phone.

View more comments (1)

Did not deliver what I paid for | Best Buy review from Saint Louis, Missouri

Ordered 3 phones online. When delivered, only 2 phones were in the box. Best Buy opened a "case" to investigate. Two weeks later, UPS calls me to invetigate what Best Buy is talking about. I told UPS what I told Best Buy, only 2 phones in the box, invoice says 3. Now BB won't send 3rd. It has been 2 weeks since UPS called, approaching 6 weeks since I bought the phones. I e-mail Best Buy Customer Service, no reply (I referenced the Case #). Today I called Best Buy Customer service twice and received the "...due to high call volume, we are experiencing delays..." and then was hung up on. I already paid my credit card or I would have suspended payment. Very ticked off. I have bought $10,000 worth of electronics over the eyars from Best Buy. Now I will never set foot in their store on pull up their website again. So pissed, I am telling anybody at work who will listen my story and not to buy stuff from Best Buy or get ripped off.
Product
Best Buy Credit Card

Best Buy in TEMECULA are a bunch of jokers!

I bought a ipad 2(64 gig) along with a keyboard on Jan 21st. I spent over $800 for all this stuff. A few days after the charger went bad so I went back to Best buy today to get the problem recitified. I was appalled when told since I was a few days over their return policy they could do nothing for me. I wasnt trying to return or exhange the Ipad I just wanted a WORKING charger! They blew me off at the counter and told me I had to drive across town to the Apple store to get a new charger. Only 16 days after the original purchase and they could care less that the product THEY sold me no longer works. So I went to the Apple store across time and they took care of me and laughed at the *** service Best Buy provides and said they receive complaints all the time about them. Guess its time to cancel my Best Buy credit card and go to Frys from now on!
Patrick

WOW electricscott (um.. electric?) you're a total ***. I'm sorry but you really are. the first reason is because you bought an iPad which is nothing but an over sized iPhone, basically a product with no creativity. I'm sure you bought it because you already have an iPhone and you're just a simple minded person. the second reason being that a MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY IS THROUGH THE MANUFACTURER, NOT THE STORE THAT SOLD IT. it's an Apple iPad. APPLE made the iPad so it's their responsibility which is why they replaced the charger.

I'm sorry to tell you this but you're *** dumb. Apple their did job in that situation but so did Best Buy. the Apple employees were laughing because they're a bunch of conceited losers who overcharge for everything. I'm sure you took a few of their male employees home that night and did them up the butt. they probably gloated about it too afterwards because they're selfish and conceited.

learn more about retail stores, you retard.

oh and the Best Buy employees need to do their job as well instead of dealing with a *** like you. if you're too dumb to understand store policies then you shouldn't even be shopping at retail stores. I guess you don't understand that stores have to make money to stay open. not bottle feed little babies like you that want to return or exchange half of the things that they buy.

Amen, Ben.

People are so quick to cry when a store doesn't rewrite their policies just for them even when there is a perfectly good alternative solution. Most stores have a 15 day return policy on electronics, so the OP could just as easily be crying about Wal-Mart or Sears instead of Best Buy.

Scott, This is a policy of all apple retailers. When a product goes bad after the return policy is expired and it is under "Apples' Warranty", your sole option is to deal with Apple or buy a new one.

I realize you "work" but that does not mean a company should re-write their policy around whats convenient to "Scott". I got an I phone from the ATT store that went bad a month after I bought it, my option was they send it to service or I take it to the Apple store and they swap it out. Did I throw a fit and cry telling everyone how bad ATT was because they wouldn't change their rules cuz "I work".

No....I took it to Apple and got the issue resolved. And don't say "its just a charger", why would they open a new one to create an open box piece they need to sell at a discount to get you a charger or write off an aftermarket one when your option is to go to Apple and have the issue resolved.

electricscott

Some of us have to work and don't have the time to drive across town to Best Buy the moment something happens. Im aware of the return and exchange policy however I wasn't trying return or exchange the Ipad.

I figured something as simple as replacing a bad charger wouldnt be a issue.

But apparently the folks at Best Buy would rather lose customers due to their ridiculous policy then to simply help a EX-customer out. Judging by the other comments here about Best Buy its safe to say Im not along in my thinking.

"A few days after the charger went bad so I went back to Best buy today"

Why did you wait to take it back when there is a 15 day return policy? Sounds like this one is on you.

Review

Best Buy geek squad rip off

Payed Best Buy in Madison Heights Michigan 200.00 to fix my wireless connection problem. All they did was install a virus program on my computer after keeping it for 3 days. When I picked it up I was told I needed to contact Toshiba about purchasing a wireless network card replacement for 30-90.00 dollars.. uh duh that is what I told you! I took my computer home and IT specialist at my job told me never to buy anything at Best Buy she hooked me up with a Tenda wireless network plug for 10.00! Best Buy you lost a customer!