Best Buy - Racine, Wi

I went into this store on February 2nd, 2012 to purchase a fridge and a stove. I took the fridge home that night and noticed that it had 4 minor dents in the front stainless steel. I wrote that off as my fault for not inspecting it before they wrapped it up and put it in my truck. But that was something that should be taken care of. Anyway, the stove is the real issue. They had a floor model, Whirlpool gas double oven that was half off because "the company is updating their line and it is now the old model." Fine by me. The worker looked at the papers on it and said that nothing was wrong with it. She told me to look it over?? I pointed out a significant dent and scratch in it and worked out a deal with the manager to get an extra $50.00 off. I said I want it. The worker was processing my payment and had a young man come to take it in the back and package it up so I could take it home. The young man tried to pull it away from the wall but was having a little trouble so he decided, idiotically, to lift it up by the handle of the lower door. This caused the door to become ajar by an inch and not shut on one side. After waiting around for 20-30minutes, I was told to go into the back where the manager was looking at it. He said to fix it they would have to remove the side panel but were not authorized to do this and that Best Buy outsources appliance maintenance. This technician would be in on Monday or Tuesday and that they will hold it for me so nobody sells it. I had to call them on Wednesday and they said that the technician wasn't answering their calls. And, that they would get a hold of him tomorrow. They took my phone number again and said they would call. Another week went by. It was now February the 17th and I decieded to call them, again. They said that the technician hadn't come in yet and that a manager will call me tomorrow to tell me if it was going to be repaired. The manager called me and told me that the technician would be in on that Tuesday and even if it couldn't be repaired, that he would work out a deal with me on another, compareable model. Tuesday came and I missed their call. I was going to call back but thought I would just go in on the weekend and pick it up. Sunday, February 26th, 1830hrs. I went in and asked at the desk about the stove. They looked up my phone number in their computer but had nothing under my account. They had to ask around until they found a female who knew of it. She told me that they called me 3 times and that she was told to sell it Saturday morning. And, that she is sorry. That was all. A month waiting on their incompetence. I was going to have a *** storm right there in the store but thought of the children so I left. Went home and filed a Better Business Bureau complaint. I sent an email to Best Buy's customer support and started writing reviews of this ordeal on many different websites. I'm also thinking of returning the fridge, tv, washer, and dryer that I just bought from Best Buy. I just don't want to go through the hassle of hauling them back. Send emails to b-f-k@hotmail.com Pissed, CRS p.s. The manager's name is Brad.

Guess you should have answered your phone those 3 times they called you huh? They wouldn't return your other appliance anyway. They're probably months or years out of return policy.

Review
On Wednesday 2-22 I visited the Best Buy Store at Afton Ridge Kannapolis-Concord N C I received some information from a Geek Squad person and proceeded to the department in order to make a purchase, there were 2 sales persons in the area both were busy, I stood around...

I go to this particular store all the time and they are over top helpful !!! TOO helpful at times.

No way this person stood there for more than ten minutes without assistance...the store is not that big and blue shirts are everywhere!!

Obviously not an assertive person, if I were there more than ten minutes I would in someone's face. Can't believe you take the time to write the complaint but didnt take the time to complain to management ?!

SERIOUSLY? REALLY?!

View more comments
Best Buy Sales Manager

Sold me a "DEAD"laptop,its brand new, and has a bad motherboard | Best Buy review from Doylestown, Pennsylvania

purchased a new samssung laptop,it would,t turn on,returned it to the store, they won,t take and had me return it by mail to the maker, weeks later i thought i had recieved my new laptop...again it wound.t turn on, and best buy would not take it back nor refund my money...i.m out about $300.00 bust buy said the 14 day return period had expired, so now i,m responsible for mail time, when best but said i had to mail it back to the maker...why diden,t best buy return it ?
#452023

I am kind of thinking on the same lines as MauiAL50. This laptop sounds like it was not purchased at best buy. I am sure they offered to service your item per the MFW. I want to know where I can buy a samsung laptop for $300 at a Best Buy.

I do not work for best buy, use to work at a movie theater when I was younger. I find it hilarious that things do not change on the retail side of things.

Pro-tip, learn to type; i,t#!@$#s jhardwwe to Kni2ow what,s yer saying32

I've had "dead" laptops from both the manufacturer and from the big box stores as well. I actually had one "customer service" person tell me that I needed to plug it in and charge it overnight to get it to turn on that the battery needed to be charged to run the computer on AC power!

Now to the original poseter (albeit too late) and others, kep this in mind...if you have something that doesn't work from the get go (or even stops working) and is within that return period, return it. So when BB said to send the laptop back to the manufacturer for repair you simply hand them, Best Buy, your receipt and say that you would like to return the product stating that it does not function as needed. I actually had to do that with a Toshiba laptop I purchased when Circuit City was still a bigbox store. The screen had a blown pixel right out of the box and when I tried to exchange it they said one stuck pixel was "within tolerances". I told them it's not within mine since I just paid over $1200 for the laptop. They said to take it up with the manufacturer and I told them fine I'd like to return it. They only agreed to do it after they said I'd not be allowed to purchase another one from the store which I found very odd that they'd not want a sale. Whatever, I bought it elsewhere.

In summary, if you are within the return period and it doesn't function as described, return it.

I think there's more to the story than that. Where did you buy it from?

The store, MarketPlace, or through the manufacture, or some online store.

Because they will take the laptop back within 14 days.

Just seems like there's missing pieces.

Just curious, did you plug it in before trying to turn it on? I mean, I can see one, but two laptops to the same person not coming on seems a stretch to me.

sara, how bout yu open up a store and run it the way yur no sense self would like for it to be ran and see where it ends up... Obviously it seems that you're intelligent enough to do so.. Hahah

Oh nd i do not work for Best Buy...

Patrick

shut up Sara, no one cares about your b**chy comment. as for you anonymous, they didn't return it because IT'S NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY AFTER THOSE 14 DAYS.

THEY DIDN'T MAKE THE COMPUTER YOU DUMB MOTHERF**KER. if you purchased a replacement plan then yeah, that's more money for them. but it also means that they can fix their laptop.

you scratch their back, they scratch yours. retail stores don't make a lot of profit on computers which is why they offer replacement plans.

Best Buy is THE most reprehensible corporation. I have recently come to this undeniable realization after years of purchases on big-ticket items.

Regarding my own experience, I have written to the so-called customer care department which turned out to be useless. I will never make another purchase at Best Buy and am clearly not alone.

Just a heads-up to you regarding your comment...you will probably receive a few responses from condescending flunkies who will defend Best Buy with attempts at insulting you as well as blaming you. Do not be discouraged, these few will stop at nothing to prove they have an intelligence quotient of less than 50!

View more comments (6)
Review

Best Buy mislead us on phone purchase

Last year, after the new iphone was announced but had not been shipped, my wife went to Best Buy to compare plans. (My wife and I were both on the same Verizon plan for well over 5 years with Blackberry Storms plus carried her mom on an inexpensive phone). My wife came home with a new iphone (the older model) for her, a new phone for her mom and a Samsung POS for me on the AT&T network. I did not like the phone from day one because it is extremely difficult to even answer an incoming call. My wife said the saleslady told her i would be able to change it at anytime I wanted to with no problem. My wife and I both went back to Best Buy and expressed my concern. The lady she had spoken to said it was because the phone was not a true smart phone like I was used to and it would take a while for me to get used to it. (There was still a waiting list for the new iphones). We asked again if there would be a problem for me to change the phone in a couple months. The lady told both of us there would not be any problems changing phones. We visited Best Buy this past Sunday and spoke to a salesguy there. He said we have to pay almost double for me to get the iphone since we were already in a contract. I feel my wife and I were mislead by the saleslady. I feel she may have been looking to meet her sales numbers and watching out for her own self interests by not providing us with all the details so we could make an informed purchase decision.

so all responsibility is on the sales person to baby you? How about instead of blindly believing anything anyone says to you read the contract you sign?

Patrick

probably bad karma for wanting to buy an iPhone. you're a ***, just get an Android phone. oh and learn how to answer a cell phone.

Don't Buy Best Buy & Geek Squad's ext. warrantee

I bought a dishwasher from Best Buy and purchased their extended warrantee. 2 years later the dishwasher broke so I called to have it repaired. But while repairing the dishwasher, the Geek Squad repair person broke a water line to my sink. the cost for a plummer to come out to repair came to $200.00. I have called the supervisor, and left 3 messages. Then I called the supervisor's supervisor and left an additional two messages. Not once did I receive a return phone call from either one of them! That will be the last time I buy a warrantee from them.

Gaurentee there work? They can't even return a phone call to discuss the issue1 What a joke!

Pretty sure you should have called the Geek Squad first before the Plumber. They gaurantee their work, not your plumber.

Review

Customer Service & other employees are trained to lie to customers, but some like myself know better | Best Buy review from Phoenix, Arizona

Sure, I would rather shop at Best Buy than nearly any other place in town, but I now hate more things about it than any store. They are widely renowned for negative criticism, whether that be pressuring people into extended warranties and other "must haves," or just hiring newbs out of high school to run the so-called holy "Geek Squad." What I'm going to explain, however, is my Best Buy experience while with my dad today when shopping for a cheap laptop & a bluetooth docking station. Best Buy isn't only taking advantage of *** people as some may assume, they are "trying" to take advantage of all people because they obviously do not know the difference. Smart marketing move? Let's think about this. It gets them put on I hate several things, (which is going to be - by far - the largest impact on the business), but most of all (and in all honesty), it deteriorates their reputation. We already know everything is about money, but there are variable lines that every business has to draw that reflect reputation, integrity, and many other important factors. Today they crossed this line. While in the laptop department, I caught the attention of this newb employee with long hair. My dad wanted a cheap piece of sh#$ that he could use to show pictures to my grandparents, so I wanted to use this newb employee to filter us to the laptops under $400. He was cooperative in this task (as he was the one who put them on the shelves). After some comparing, we decided on a really cheap model that met our expectations. The price was exactly what my dad wanted to spend. We proceeded to the checkout where we were then told that Laptops have to be brought to customer service; (I still don't know if this had to do with this incident, but it is very possible). Walking up to customer service with a laptop in hand, a pretty fudgepacker customer service rep. notices and quickly waves the long haired newb rep. over. What could they possibly be up to? The long haired newb states bluntly that the price for the laptop is actually going to be an extra $100 because it comes with a "recovery disk" that he burned for it; (pretty fudgepacker adds in, "and it took like five hours to make!)" While I'm standing there in disbelief, my dad starts off, "So, why wasn't this on the price tag?" Ends up it wasn't because the pricetags hadn't been updated, it was another fine example of how Best Buy takes advantage of all customers. What would an average person do in this case? "Oh, ok, well if it comes with what it needs, I guess that will be fine.... LOLZ." Why else would they be doing this? A f#^$ing recovery disk? FIVE HOURS? *** you are speaking to the wrong audience; I am not going to even make an assessment on my knowledge and how full of sh$# you are. The five hour process can be accomplished in minutes by any user: http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1114725.htm The long haired newb had trouble explaining everything. It was like he felt guilty for this, (which he should); be straight with your customers ***. I asked him if we can avoid his bulls$#% service and be provided a laptop at the stated price. He agreed and went in the back room to get a box containing the laptop without his "five hour" operation. I had him ensure to me that the box wasn't tampered with since its arrival from the manufacturer. Not to target anyone reading this-- just a general message to the world.... DON'T put up with this sh$#. Best Buy does this because people are retarded and sell into everything. Don't get a warranty unless you are reckless or over protective, and seriously, don't buy accessories. It is very rare that you can't find the same accessory for 90%+ off online. Stand up for yourself, at least TRY to make a difference, and most of all, don't buy extra bulls$@#!

Ownage has tons of posts on this website about his bad experiences at best buy. He's full of ***.

Or the biggest, whines crybaby in the world. He probably used to work for Best Buy and they fired him for being a *** bag. Out of all of his reviews, not one has a valid complaint. I hope you are still continuing to make yourself look *** to this day.

You are really good at it. What kinda name is Ownage anyway.

Patrick

Ownage is a ***. he's just some teen kid that thinks he's cool by bashing on a store.

truth is, he's never even had a job. he doesn't know anything about electronics either.

the only thing he knows about is how to have fun with his boyfriends every night. *** little ***

Yeah...I see you called someone a "fudgepacker" and decided you are not worthy of me reading your BS. I don't care if you are 100% in your complaint. I hope you never receive good customer service anywhere.

@Darren

Darren, you're ***, aren't you ? You HAVE to be !! And YOU pack fudge also !

I bought a part at best buy and it did not work. I took it back and the

First thing they did was swipe my driver’s license. I find out later

They sell that information and some store clerks have stolen that

information to get credit card and buy stuff illegally. I talk to the store

Manager but he was just rude and had no idea what was going on

are you kidding me i used to work for geek squad we got customers that didnt know how to turn on a laptop let alone make recovery disks install the antivirus or optimize the computer. thats why the services are offered stop being mexican

Patrick

Ownage is a *** dumb. he doesn't even have anything to say back because he knows how wrong he is.

Patrick

it looks like we've got a couple people that might be *** for ownage.

Wow, you guys are spending all your time attacking the OP. He is spot on with best buys treatment. They tried this *** with me, and when I threatened to take the pictures I took to every major news site, they gave me what I wanted and hurried me out the door...hmmm...

Ownage, thanks for the heads-up. I will never purchase anything from Best Buy again, but appreciate your info.

Best Buy, a Fortune 100 company, clearly does not care about customer service, but apparantly is paying a few low-brow flunkies to respond in a hateful manner to anyone who has a complaint about this greed-driven retailer. One of them favors the word "***" decidedly because he/she/it IS one!

View more comments (14)
Review

Best Buy continues to lie not fix phone

I had 5 phones, not counting the ancient loaner phone which also broke, break and I have been jerked around by Best Buy employees for almost 5 months. I live an hour away and not once have they called me. I have had to call them for all 7 visits. Everytime I get there, after waiting half an hour, they simply lie to me and give me the runaround. Even the manager, when he's there, at the Washington, UT store lied and didn't care. I don't a home phone and depend on my cell. Best Buy still hasn't fixed mine or resolved any issue. Company of liars and crooks!
Patrick

that really didn't make much sense.. lol

one store is representative of an entire company? also work on your grammar.

Best Buy Manager

Crappiest customer support specialists know nothing about computer technology! | Best Buy review from Phoenix, Arizona

Crappiest customer support specialists know nothing about computer technology! - Best Buy review
This is a complaint on the quality of customer service, not just today, but every day I go there. I was disappointed again coming to Best Buy today, this time to see the laptop in person that I have read about for years. Not new, by any means-- it's a Samsung Series 7 laptop. Series 9 is out with higher demand and is probably why the prices are dropping for the Series 7. Talked to another customer service specialist in the Best Buy computer department while standing next to my computer I had just purchased.She was probably right out of high school, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I asked her what she liked about my model. "ya, this one's pretty good" this one, ... it's you know... got a shiny aluminum casing... so it's pretty good... yeah... probably one of the best ones here." I started going into detail about the 8GB SSD cache, and she acted like she knew what I was talking about, so I asked her how many other computers they have in stock with SSD technology. She hesitated for a second and said, "well not many" ... I then - having a feeling on what she was going to say next - asked her, "could you point them out?" ... then she says, "I actually don't know what that is..." I didn't want to rub it in her face, but I wanted to make sure-- "you haven't ever heard about SSDs or SSD caching?" she says, "no... they actually don't teach us that here." Inside, I was really disappointed at this statement... little does she know that this is one of the most important specifications on this computer and she hasn't even heard about it and is trusted to assist customers. I felt I was obligated to give her a VERY basic rundown on what they are, stressing that if she has the most minute interest in computer technology, she needs to probably do a little reading, but I know she won't. It's kinda sad I had to introduce a technology to her that will one day be in every laptop. The saddest part, though, is that most people have been reading about this SSDs for two or more years and now it is finally in Best Buy stores, but their blue suited customer support specialists still don't know about the technology. Almost every visit at Best Buy shames the business. The products in the store are great products, but the quality of who they hire are bottom line worthless.

Best Buy's problem is allowing new associates on the sales floor without mentoring with an established team member. The training modules are all there...and SAD is still required, even now...but, without some baseline in product category background, there's no way a green employee is going to know the how or why of it all. That's why they used to keep fossils like me around.

Sabin

Actually, SSD never took off. Too expensive, and untested..

Check out this article.

You should had asked her what the word *** bag" means....

@Sabin

Just read your coment I think this customer was right and knowledge is powerful maybe you should work around people if not for their business you have know pay check.Customer service out best buy poor.

You are one of the biggest *** bags I've ever seen posting reviews online. You're just an insecure *** who tries to be a know-it-all but fails miserably.

I know this is an old post but someone else needs to let you know what a smug *** you are. I bet the sales associate didn't know what an honor it was to be educated by someone with your vast knowledge and wisdom....

please enlighten the rest of us oh great and wise teacher..... get over yourself.

Patrick

what do you expect Best Buy employee? the original poster is a *** loser with nothing better to do than act like he's so much better than retail employees and suck c ock

If you are so smart why are you asking the questions? Can you read?

Every computer has little labels to describe its specifications. From your description your computer engineering know how and vast knowledge of the complexities of computing leave me wondering why a tech genius like you has not heard of this new fad called the Internet! Stop harassing a high school or college kid to make yourself feel better.

It is people like you that cause people like this young sales person to not want to learn and people like me who would have answered your questions while over looking your condescending tone but secretly laughing at your possible dunlap disease gut, epic power mullet, or wide selection of sweat pants you choose to wear in public, to leave decent jobs at these retailers. Next time you want a computer move your tissue box and do your own research.

Patrick

you again Ownage?? you're just a *** I agree with Simon.

get a life and stop criticizing people for not being as "smart" as you. you probably read online about computers and acted s if you're so smart in the store.

just go to the store and buy your ***, not harass and criticize people. c ock sucker.

Dude i bet you felt really good knowing more then a 18 year old girl, u should be proud of yourself. Bro u probably havent got laid in years.

What do you expect? Best Buy is a retailer, they're only worried about making a sell.

If you're dumb enough, they entrap you into purchasing a Geek Squad package where they are even more worthless than the salespeople.

This is why my boyfriend and myself research everything ourselves and do not worry about interrogating the 18 year old that just graduated high school. Best Buy is not going to bother hiring certified employees when they can pay teenagers to do the work for minimum wage.

You are a total ***

View more comments (9)
Review
I USED TO purchase A LOT at Best Buy until I ran into THE POLICY! I puchased my wife a runners watch for Christmas. It turned out to have too small of print for her to read. I took it back 13 days after the exchange policy had expired. There was no flexibility and its...
Patrick

sorry Sara but cursing isn't a lack of intelligence. I consider someone acting like a *** like you and not understanding retail stores shows a lack of intelligence as well as a lack of reality.

no, I don't work at Best Buy. I've worked retail before, just not there. I would never want to either with how crazy it is every time I go in there along with how many *** shop there.

just because someone is wealthy and spends a lot of money doesn't mean they're special. that's just being like the government.

they think they can spend money like crazy, especially for the wrong reasons, and still think they deserve special treatment in the end and can cry about anything they want to. sorry Sara, but your b**chy attitude isn't going to change a stores policy. maybe it's not a law but they can run their store however they want to just as long as it isn't affecting actual laws.

if they want to allow 1 week returns then that's their choice. but it's *** like you and the original poster that choose to shop with no regard to a stores policy because you're too busy thinking about what your selfish self wants to buy next.

View more comments
Best Buy Manager

XBox games and manager | Best Buy review from Tonawanda, New York

A friend bout a game for my kids and gave it to my kids two days ago and the disc will not play, I tried to take it back to best buy and they will not take it and said if my friend does not have the receipt then I can not get a new game. I don't understand how you can tell me that it is not something I can exchange for the exact same thing and I will tell my friends to never buy a gift for my kids or me from best buy. Because I don't want my kids to have this happen again and I will not be going to the Glen Burnie MD store.
Patrick

wow, you're a ***. for all they know, you bought the game from another store or picked it up off of the ground.

a receipt is sometimes required. I guess you're too dumb to realize that other stores sell video games.

Your friend can go to Best Buy with proper identification and Customer Service can pull up his transaction history and generate a new receipt. Simple. But very few merchants these days will take returns or exchanges with no proof of purchase.

Receipts are mandatory for returns over a certain dollar amount (usually $20). Better tell your friends not to buy your kids gifts from Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Radio Shack, Target, Sears, and any other place you can think of because they have the same policy.

View more comments (2)