Will not honor warranty | Best Buy review from Denver, Colorado

My warranty on a Samsung front load washer is up in 10 days and they will not honor the warranty. I have spent thousands of dollars but they are willing to blow off a customer over $100 dollars. Poor Customer service. They will not provide their corporate office number.Their customer customer told me to go else where and they don't need my business. I will tell everyone how bad they are. If you do use them get everything in writing so they are bound by their work. Samsung said it is up to Best Buy to tell them when the warranty is over. The machine was last year model so they said the one year warranty started when Best Buy put it on their floor. Does not make sense.

Hey Howierd, you may or may not be right but its OK to call that guy a ***. :grin

Hey I Hate *** Customers- I figured it out your Steelers team lost to

Denver and Tim T. The only way you know how people treat others is the way you act. Are you sure the isn't Obama, he is just like you.

Patrick

yet again, there's Howierd being weird again. and if he worked for Maytag then he must have been an *** to customers and now he's an *** to store employees.

Actually it was a store manager that told me that if I said Samsung I misspoke. In fairness to her they were closing her store and she seemed upset.

So it is over, I spoke to someone from Best Buy and I went away a happy customer. I was never asking for anything more than was due. On top of that I worked for Maytag and I understand warrantys. Best Buys ERC

Dept.

Took care of everything and I will go back to Best Buy. If you have a serious problem then ask for the ERC Dept. But please don't abuse this group. If you are going to complain and if the company fixes the problem then you need to tell the good side.

Thanks again Best Buy!! :)

The MFG warranty covers MFG defects and lasts 1 year for most products. It starts the date of purchase!

I promise, I send products off all the time under MFG. I Know! If you bought black tie protection then it starts the day you bought it as well and ends in 1,2,3,or 4 years. Samsung is full of it to say it starts when it is out on the floor and I happen to know they sale a great computer due to the fact its one of the very few that I have to repair so I doubt they were incompetent enough to tell you incorrect information about their warranty.

GeekSquad will send your item off but it is technically the MFG job, we just offer to and the MFG covers the cost. So we are being nice!

Samsung honored the warranty because best buy damaged the machine and told Samsun that the customer damaged it. So if you idiots don't know the Truth just shut the h**l up expcilly you " I Hate *** Customers" all you seem to do it critique people that you know nothing about.

I would call you a *** but it makes me look like you.

Get a life. By the way Best Buy just closed that store.

Patrick

how weird is howierd? he doesn't even know what's he talking about now. he has to go take his meds so for the time being, don't bother reading what he says.

Patrick

As it turned out best buy did not tell the truth toSamung which

Is what caused the problem. After Sasung did research they decieded

That I was right. It was just annaoced that they were going to close this best buy. If yogive customer service people will buy from you . Poor management .

And for all of you that didn't know the whole stpy go to h-----

you all know the answers when you don't know the truth. Best buy will tell you anything to make a sell, good luck

Patrick

Samsung doesn't have any proof about when the product wasn't opened. but anyway, it's kind of your fault.

with how much money you save on a floor model, sometimes an extended warranty is worth it. you're just probably one of those *** that says no right away instead of listening to the details because you think everything is a scam until you realize you might have needed it.

View more comments (15)
Loss
I bought a GE free stand convection gas range. Also paid for installation and the necessary kit. The sales man at the Best buy said the installer would the bring the kit along with him/her and they tentatively scheduled for the delivery with an understanding that the...

I am so sorry to hear this. Optima services services all over the United States so there are tons of companies they contract out.

We install for optima in our area and we have issues with communication with the stores so we basically gave all appliance managers and employees out cell phone numbers and they gave us theirs..we try to just cut out optima as a middle man for communication and try to work together to get the customer take care of.

We always call our customers with time frame the night before and we try to accomadate people time requests if possible but best buy seems to have a hard time letting us know those requests. But I'm sorry you had a bad experience

Best Buy Installation
Loss
On March 4 2012 my wife and I went to our local Best Buy in West Lebanon NH to look for a Sony 40" LED HDTV we had found on their website. After looking through the store, we approached a store clerk and inquired about the TV. He took us over to a computer and had us...

Sit back. Best Buy is running its own campaign to run itself out of business.

Best Buy Deal

Didn't purchase the laptop but Best Buy didn't cancel contract with ATT

Update by user May 11, 2012

FINALLY, on May 09, 2012 Best Buy Corporate worked with me and got me my cancellation fee waived and they credited my account for most of the money due me. Don\'t give up!! It took around 5 months.

Original review posted by user Apr 10, 2012

July or August of 2011 I was going to purchase a laptop and went to the ATT cell phone section of the store to start a wireless service (not exactly sure of the right terms). My check did not clear and I forgot my credit card so I didn't buy the laptop. I never check my cell phone bill because I am on a family plan and we just split the bill 3 ways and pay. One day I looked at my ATT account and saw that there was an additionaly cell number so I called ATT. They told me I have to have Best Buy cancel my contract. What contract? I never bought the laptop. I went to Best Buy and spoke to a person in the cell phone department. I got no where and left upset after the employee left me sitting there because I was getting loud. Then I got a phonecall from that person and told me I have to come back to cancel my contract! I was so angry at this point because I was told by B.Buy that I should have canceled my contract? Why on earth would I think I had a contract? Okay, then I contacted Best Buy Corporate and spoke to a very nice person who called the store in Manchester, Ct. where I did not purchase the laptop. She said to give ATT a call and see why they could not cancel. She also said that maybe B Buy could give me a refund of some sort. Then I called ATT again, and finally got a supervisor to call me. Again, not their problem. I called B Buy Corporate again and got a not so nice lady. I finally asked if you could have the person I initially spoke to give me a call back. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago (approx) and I am still waiting. To say the least I AM PISSED.

Deceptive warranty | Best Buy review from Dekalb, Illinois

In Feb. of this year i purchased a 37" Toshiba tv, at the register i was asked if i wanted the extended warranty,2yrs $30, said sure! so a few months later when i get home from work i discovered that the tv had been hit in a corner of the screen., so i figured no problem i purchased the extra warranty, so i took the tv back to the store and had the reprint the sales receipt so that i could show that i had the extended warranty. the B/B geek squad person turns the tv on and tells me "sorry thats an impact damage that isn't covered by warranty" i inquired as to why that isn't covered; that told me that that would be a damaged policy and they only offer that on computers. so at this point i fairly mad, the clerk informed me that the repair would be as much as a new tv, and even made a store brand suggestion to which i declined. at this point the clerk asked what i wanted to do with the tv. i said do whatever with it, since the warranty would repair it and left the store. at this point i went across the street to Wal-Mart and inquired with the sales person about there tv warranty and was told 1 year man. 2 year ext. i then asked "what isnt covered", the sales person told me "Loss and Theft" and said it in a very "SURE" fashion., so i redirected by asking, so if someone hits the screen and damages it is that covered (impact), to which he said "YES" loss and theft are the only things not covered. so at this point im well .....beyond pissed, went back to B/B and asked for tv back and to see manager..... had a conversation about the warranty and how i felt the weren't honoring it the correct way and wanted the number for B/B customer complaint, i also informed them that i felt that they where just refusing to honor the warranty. after leaving there i called B/B and was on the phone with them for about 40m went thru 5 different people at least 3 of them agreed that the salesperson at the register should have made a point of telling the customer that "impact" wasn't covered!!!! 1 even went so far as to say that the info not being pointed out was a bad store issue and should be corrected. while talking to the B/B service people i brought up the scenario ...what if i had bought a $3k tv and i got dropped or hit.....short version SOL!!!!! so the last person i spoke with arranged to have the store GM and not the g/s manger call me later in the week and see if we cant resolve this issue. well, maybe i should have made sure to get a copy of the warranty info,...the claim that i would have been given one...dang i f remeber getting it; haveing small kids..well i did get the info which i dont think i did at least had been told by the cashier that "impact" wasn't covered....lol i would have walked out of the store and made my purchase elsewhere!!!!! OH!!....while i was talking to the G/S people at least 2 of them outright said that the cashiers dont make a point of telling customers that the warranties,both manufacture. and extended don't cover impact!!!!!

I, myself, have never experienced a warranty that covers damage through negligence. This does not imply that the damage was done with intent.

But a warranty usually states something akin to "replace or repair manufacture's defects for (period of time). Negligence is excluded."

Patrick

and interested party, shut the *** up. no one cares what you have to say.

I'm not saying Best Buy is an amazing company. but it's not the employees fault.

most likely, they're working for a greedy company and they're too cheap and lazy to teach them to tell the customers everything. so don't blame the people that have no control over what happens with the warranties.

Alan C

FACT: Damage is not covered on TVs purchased from either BBY or Walmart.

Most "sales" pitches contain lies or just plain ignorance of facts.

By purchasing from BBY, you set yourself up for everything you got.

@ihatestupidcustomers:

Best buy employees are notorious for their laziness and no training. They are told to say specific things and to ask ridiculous questions.

I have worked in retail for over 20 years. Never have I seen such *** poor customer service and just non intelligent, not trained ***. They work at best buy...a company that is going under for this specific reason. Frank bought the tv.

The girl at the counter should not try to sell something that she had no clue about . If she is going to sell best buys *** warranty then she needs to know it in and our. Also, how is frank supposed to read a little insurance packet, in line, with people about...just to see the fine print.

Customer service means not being a *** and in your case an arrogant ***. Best buy is a *** store with worthless staff.

Best Buy is garbage so why don't you shut your pie hole already.

Patrick

okay Frank. would you rather me say piece of *** kids?

or maybe just *** *** Frank?

also, your idea of needing to separate every sentence from the rest is off limits. ***.

I agree, I have worked for multiple companies that sell warranties and about 90% of the time, they do not cover accidental damage. Think about it...why should the store have to pay if you are careless with your TV? This is common sense as that is the number question I have always been asked.

If you didn't ask or read the terms that HAVE to be given to you, it's your fault. This is the same at any store, not just Best Buy.

I will agree that it is wrong for a salesperson to not mention that when explaining it to you but it's not his fault either. All stores, again not just Best Buy, sell extended warranties. Sometime they are worth it but they do generate a lot of revenue for the company. The store do press the salespeople to push the warranties so the salespeople are stuck with ways to push it onto customers. Unfortunately it comes down to *** off a customer or losing your job for not selling. A real no brainer.

Like I said, the warranties are sometimes worth it. If it costs $30 for the warranty and it covers a repair that would have cost you $200, do you care how much the company is making? No...you don't. People need to read and listen instead of thinking the warranties are a scam. The store still makes money and will be fine without you spending money on that warranty. Will you be fine when a $200 repair suddenly springs up?

Sure Read all info in store before finishing purcase :roll :x ...

Bad customer communication by sales persons is ok either...

if something as big as "impact" isnt covered by plan, then there needs to be a retrain of all cashiers and sales people to insure that such a thing is tols to customer...

also to whomever commented

need to read"Personal attacks"

"bratty kids" is an off limits comment

Patrick

well.. it's kind of your fault too for not asking about or at least reading the details.

it's also not Best Buy's fault if you or your little bratty kids broke the TV. sometimes accidental damage isn't covered.

View more comments (8)
Best Buy Sales Manager
Loss

Sold me an LED TV-in the box? an LCD TV | Best Buy review from Charleston, South Carolina

BEST BUY SOLD ME A 60" LED TV-IT EVEN SAYS LED TV ON THE BOX. AFTER USING IT A WHILE, I FOUND OUT IT WAS AN LCD TV. I CALLED THEM TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS, BUT, THEY SEEMED UNCONCERNED ABOUT IT, AND GAVE ME A [GEE, TO BAD] ATTITUDE. THEY DON'T STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL AT ALL. IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME I'VE BEEN BURNED BY BEST BUY, BUT, IT WILL BE THE LAST. I HOPE PEOPLE WILL WISE UP AND QUIT TRUSTING THIS COMPANY. THE STORE IN QUESTION IS ONE IN SUMMERVILLE SOUTH CAROLINA.

You really have nothing better to complain about? Do you realize that in other countries, people are getting their arms cut off for stealing bread so that they don't starve to death...and you got an LCD tv? Wow dude, life must be so hard in your world.

shut up.

LED is the same as LCD except for the backlight. Some are labeled LED-LCD.

LED TV uses LCD panel to make image and LED lights to backlight the panel. What model TV is it??

View more comments (2)

Best Buys Worthless Return Policy

Purchased an Epson NX420 Stylus MFP printer from a Best Buys in Charleston, SC in November 2011. In January 2012, started getting "low level - black cartridge" messages from printer. Went to Best Buys here in Decatur GA, and was advised to purchase a "high capacity" (#126) replacement cartridge by Best Buys computer support members. Bought cartridge, and waited for original to empty (one month later) before attempting to install new cartridge. Replacement cartridge was defective (printer was unable to recognize it), and attempted to exchange the cartridge (still in original package) at the Decatur store. Refused to do the defect exchange due to purchase being made more than one month ago, and lack of receipt. I guess the practice of keeping replacement ink cartridges on hand is a lost thought? I see why they are having to close 500 stores! Nice move, Best Buys! If I handled customer service in my store this way, I would be looking for a new job.

30 days is too short for you? Really??

How can it still be in the original package, since you had to open the bag to take it out to install? I have to agree with the others, past the return window or not, no receipt= no return at most places, especially with something that is sold at many other stores, like ink cartridges.

Patrick

the original poster is a *** ***! no wonder why they chose to be anonymous so we won't see their other ridiculous complaints.

it's BEST BUY not BEST BUYS. retard. why do you expect them to return or exchange your cartridge if it was bought so long ago?? without proof of payment, they can't do anything for you.

for all they know, you bought the ink at another store or just found it on the ground and wanted to make a little profit by returning it which is probably what you did. you big baby.

@Patrick

Due to the consistent abusive attitude you seem to possess, I do have to ask IHateStupidCustomers if anyone knows you made it down the birth canal? This forum should be for exchanging information to help each other.

Trying to make other people look *** is not productive and goes against the purpose of this site.Be an asset... not an a__!

I really think 30 days is a reasonable amount of time to return an item. I have no problem with any store denying a return for lack of a receipt.

You were past the return period and didn't have a receipt.

Go ask any other store that you shop at if they would return an item past their return policy without a receipt. Let me know what you find out.

View more comments (4)
Loss

Can't get a replacemet for warranty the we bought and said we would get a imediate replacement | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

We purchase a Toshiba Laptop at the Rockwall, Tx Best Buy and bought the extended warranty on the agents suggestion that we would get immediate replacement. We bought this for my daughter and grand kids could talk to there father that is deployed by the Army to Africa. One of the grand kid pushed it off the table and broke. We brought it in an was told it would be 2 weeks. I talk to the store manager Kay. She said she could not help us to get it quicker than 2 weeks. I work in IT and know you can get any expedited. She said I could not talk to a regional manager or corporate and gave this 1-800-Best Buy. If you think this is customer support. I think your managers need more training. Is there anyone I can try to get this expedited. The Service Request is 01417-969938069.

Laptop protection plan is repair not replacement. Person who sold it to you either lied or was misinformed. Always read the fine print before you buy a warranty!

Geek Squad No NOTHING!! Scams! | Best Buy review from Monmouth, Maine

My 1 year old laptop had a virus on it that we couldn't remove so we took it to Geek Squad. They said they could fix it easily and would only be a day or two. A week later they said it was done. In the process they kept telling us it was a nightmare and they had a hard time removing it and certain programs wouldn't open. Took it home since it was "suppost" to be fixed and of coarse it wasn't!!! Programs still wouldn't open and it still had viruses on it!!!! Took it somewhere else and they removed all viruses within 5 mins!!! Had to deal with a headache from them for a week not to mention their rude customer service!!!! Will never ever use them again. They are a bunch of idiots off the street who clearly know NOTHING about fixing computers!!!! Don't ever go to the Augusta Maine Best Buy they will take your money and not fix anything!!

HeyIHateStupidCustomers, now you have other groupies besides me! Now we have more people telling you that you stinkup this website. How does it feel to be a BB ***?

You sound like the kind of *** that would work at one of these garbage stores. How many legitimate complaints have you attacked with your vile nonsense? Cretin.

all of you, shut up.

BBY GS doesnt hire qualified techs. They hire kids that can fog a mirror and put a software cd in a computer and hit "enter".

BBY GS runs off of licensed software only. They have no real trouble shooting qualifications.

I know from 13 in the business. Best Buy will be OBSOLETE in 7 years or less.

Not trying to defend Simon, but it's really based on the area you live in. If you live in an area with the majority of retards.

YOU ARE GOING TO GET RETARDS. They don't just pull people out of college for this. They just hire whoever says they can do the job.

You may get someone whos amazing at what they do, and you may not. Shame on you for not thinking before putting your money into something.

ann11

let me guess u work for the ripoff best buy? Stop trying to save your company, it sucks!!! Get a life.

And who's the *** that let the virus on the computer in the first place?

View more comments (6)
Loss
I had a new refrigerator and dishwasher delivered on the 16th of February. Part of the installation was to remove my existing refrigerator into my garage. To get it out of the front door the installation crew needed to remove the old refrigerator doors. They did...

What you think make money from deliveries guys,they get paid only $28.50 per each delivery Best Buy & Penn Ridge are the one's making money,

Best Buy Installation