Purchased a cell for my daughter at a Best Buy in Calgary, NW approximately 3 years ago. Decided the protection plan (via AGI) would be a good deal at $5.24 per month. The first phone screen stopped working and was replaced. The next received water damage, which...

It's really just a souped-up warranty, and you end up paying for a new phone over the duration of the contract. What a waste of money.

You have to be careful what the salesmen say.

I don't EVER buy warranties. I tell them - "with all the money I've saved over the past by NOT buying product warranties I can pay for any damage that might happen".

Well, this guy got me to buy the Product Replacement Plan because he said lots of things were covered except water damage and that they wouldn't repair it I'd get a new equivalent phone. Well my phone dropped on the corner and the screen cracked.

A guy in the back got out a magnifying glass and said it wasn't covered because it wasn't a defect in the phone. The salesman then tried to convince me to pay out the old phone and buy a new one, that repairing wasn't possible. I also wanted to cancel but they said I couldn't since the duration was 3 years.

I got the glass replaced elsewhere for $300 and I'm not going to Best Buy any more.

I want to just hang around the cell phone department and when the salesman try to sell it, I want to tell people my story.

View more comments

Sold a LEMON and they dont care!!! | Best Buy review from Westminster, Colorado

On 3/14/2012 I purchased a 40" Best Buy Brand (Dynex) TV. Exactly 90 days later (June 14th) it DIED! Just died. I had it plugged into the surge protector that the sales rep sold me. This area had not had a storm, nor a power interuption. The store was incredibly rude (Josh- Store Manager at Tulsa Memorial Drive Location). I had to call a Geek Squad line that told me the TV would be repaired but not for 10 days. Plus I have to take a half day off work to sit around and wait for their technician to come and service the TV. I am a single mom and this is the only TV that I have. I work very hard and the $450 that I spent on this purchase took me three months to save for. The store didnt care a single bit, even said "you may have done something to break the TV, and if so we will do nothing to help you". I have a 10 month old child and it is only he and I in the house (no pets). I keep a perfectly clean house and have not done a single thing to the TV, but turn it off and on. It is beyond believable that it is OK to sell someone a product (piece of junk) that only lasts 90 days and then treat the customer like they did something wrong. I will NEVER spend another dime at BEST BUY----EVER!!!!!
Patrick

rachael, you can't expect every store to protect your product for free. Dynex built your TV, not Best Buy.

rachaelbixby

Wow..@Really? It must be nice that you have so much time on your hands to read people's review and then send hateful replys calling people "fuq tart". Do you think your use of inappropriate language makes you cool? Or the large amounts of misspellings and inproper use of grammar. Maybe instead of spending so much time on the internet treating people like ***, you could read a book and gain some knowledge about the English language.

@TomBBY. The Geek squad repair man came to my home and repaired the TV. He stated that the Dynex model that I purchased was defective on a wide spread basis. He stated that he had personally repaired over 15 of the exact same unit within the last 60-days. He was an incredibly nice man, but also was prompt to inform me that he was not an employee of Best Buy. He stated that hears many complaints about Best Buy and the customer service (or lack there of) that it provides.

@Simon...Yes, many companies have a 90-day return policy; however, some companies care about their customers. Many companies will work to help their customers vs. blame them. For instance, I had an absolutely fabulous experience with Staples a while back. They took care of a computer that was malfunctioning. They did it with care, grace, and concern for the fact that I am a paying customer.

Well, it's more than 10 days later. Did they repair the set or replace it?

What was the outcome? :x

Lesous First of all your a *** you cant sue a company for not taking a return after 90 days specially when its on your receipt and clearly says on the the back that the return policy is 30 days.This is considered a legal binding contract fuq tart.

Second of all they do sell a warranty to protect the unit in store so if you didn't purchase it shame on you blame your self foe being one of those people.This will teach you

3rd of all as Simon said call the manufacture that's who as to warranty the TV not best buy and because its a best buy only brand doesn't mean there is blue shirts making the TV in the ware house so NO they are not responsible to what happens to your TV after 30 days.

:? Be sure to file with The better Business Burea and Consumer Reports. You may also wish to file a civil action against the store which you can then take to small claims court and Not only get your money back but court costs as well!

Where will you shop now that will allow you to return a TV after 90 days? Make sure to boycott all stores with the same policy (which is every store in the country).

You have a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. Call them.

View more comments (5)
Service
Best Buy Customer Care

BestBuy | Best Buy review from Washington, District Of Columbia

I went to best buy to buy a hard drive and my check was declined by Telecheck. There was more than enough money in my account to buy 4 hard drive. I see there is a lot of people that have the same problem. My advice is to stop buying from stores that use Telecheck. If the consumers stick together and the stores will lose all the sales that Telecheck declines it will hurt there bottom line. I would think Best Buy would have someone with some intelligence but if you look at how bad the us economy has become this is not the case. Just look at Best Buy sales last XMAS.

I touch myself at night.

Wouldn't that be a Telecheck issue... BB can't do anything about it when Telecheck is telling them there is no money in the account.

Use a debit card, caveman. Checks are a risk for a store and they are under no obligation to accept them.

it's called a debit card. join us in the 20th century.

are you serious?

writing checks?!?!?!?? debit cards are free.

View more comments (3)
Loss

No One Helped At Best Buy

I went to best buy for a home theatre system.I was in the tv/home theatre systems for 30-40 and non of the employees asked me if I needed help.I had to get someone after 40 minutes to have someone help me,she did not get someone.I went into there own store home theatre section and started watching a movie.One of the employees came in there to turn down the bass but did not ask if iI needed help.I left the store not earnng my business.I would recommend Compusa for threre customer service

You guys are *** this is about bestbuy not about how bad someone's grammar is. Bet you all are ignorant people who think they're perfect.

Ok, I think I know what's going on here. Judging by your English skills, you are 9 years old at the oldest.

See, the employees were probably busy helping mommies and daddies because they are the ones that spend money.

Next time you want help, have your mommy go with you and you should be helped sooner.

Next year, when you're in 5th grade, you will learn to put at least one (preferably two) spaces after a period. Hopefully spelling will pick up for you too.

There...their...they're..."threre"? You are a m0r0n at best. To ask for help, it does require some minor English skills (which you lack).

Thomas

And people wonder why they are closing stores.

Patrick

I would recommend an English class or at least a dictionary and someone to hold your hand while you shop. next time, ask for help instead of expecting everyone to serve you. if they had asked, you'd probably be speechless with how shy you seem to be.

View more comments (4)
Review

Best Buy is the Worst Buy !!!!

Was informed on the Best Buy site that the headphones I wanted were available at the Atlantic Ave store in Brooklyn...The salesperson went all over the store and could not locate the headphones I wanted to purchase.His computer file stated that the store had about 3 pairs available....After 1/2 hour he informed me that I should go to a store associate and order the headphones for pick up at this store....If the headphones were not available at any store, who were they going to deliver them from ???? It was a 1 hour round trip wasted by *** moronic Worst Buy site !!!!! If they go out of business, they will not be missed....

IHSC is right - you're an *** for not calling ahead. The website doesn't know if the headphones are on the truck, shoplifted, or in a customer's cart.

I have read all of your sarcastic replies to people with complaints and have deemed you a ***. Do you sleep in Best Buy sheets and have a Blue and Yellow coffee mug?

It is well documented that Best Buy is relying on an outdated business model and soon will be dealing with bankruptcy. I had a bad experience yesterday but won't detail it here because you probably would ridicule me for expecting knowledgable sales associates who can answer my technical questions.

Patrick

you a *** for many reasons.

1. you drove an hour for a pair of headphones.

2. you trusted the inventory of a website.

3. you didn't bother to call to check and see if the store definitely had your precious headphones.

4. you assumed that the headphones weren't going to sell by the time your dumb self got there.

5. you drove all the way there and didn't even at least order the headphones.

6. you drove an hour for a pair of headphones.

View more comments (2)

Best Buy--Lancaster, PA

I'm a previous customer of Best Buy. I bought my laptop there in December 2010. I had to return in December 2011 (with my warranty) to get work done when it crashed. In May 2012, I went to Best Buy to buy Microsoft Office and have it loaded onto my computer. I also bought a printer--it was on sale!! But when I asked for help I was told I'd be charged $30 an hour!!! I went to Office Max and got the same service for LESS MONEY and better customer service!!! SHOP OFFICE MAX--BEST BUY SUCKS!
Patrick

WOW you're a ***. you bought a laptop and you think that Best Buy is supposed to do anything extra that you want for free??

I guess you also think that when you buy a car, the dealer will fix it for free, install a free speaker system when you want it and give you a car wash every week. unless Best Buy advertised some kind of free service along with the laptop, then you have to pay extra. sorry loser. I'd love to buy a new heavy flat screen TV from Best Buy, have them drive it home for me and set it up for free.

but sorry, you don't get everything free. oh and what's next?

you're gonna go grocery shopping and expect the people in the meat dept. to cook your meat for you?

Review

DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES FROM BEST (WORST) BUY!!!! | Best Buy review from San Diego, California

Step 1: They take your money. Step 2: They say they'll have it delivered in 3 days. Step 3: They lied. Step 4: They say it will be a month before you get your washer/dryer combo. Step 5: They lied. Step 6: They say it will be another week. Step 7: They bring the washer/dryer but refuse to hook it up. Step 8: They say someone will come and install it the next day. Step 9: They lied Step 10: They say someone will come and install it the next day. Step 11: They lied Step 12: They say someone will come and install it the next day. Step 13: They lied Step 14: They say someone will come and install it the next week. Step 15: They lied Step 16: They say they will credit $100 for inconvenience Step 17: .......... yea, they lied again.... and again, and again. Conclusion: They will take your money, They will lie to you, You will be miserable. Why bother, you're better off purchasing from a small retailer, you may pay a bit more, but at least have a better handle on situation. Best (WORST) Buy is a BIG CORPORATE LOSER!!!!

Best Buy extended warranity

I bought a LG dishwasher,stainless steal tub,I bought a five year warranity,they said if they had to come out and repair it 3 times,they would replace my dishwasher with a new exact model.Well after the 5th time,I ask about their replacement promise,well they said it had to be for 3 different things ! The transmission went out twice !! The dishwasher did not get much use,because I'm a 70 year old widow.One repairman even told me they sold me a lemon.I will never buy from Best Buy again.Don't be fooled.

The lady is correct, she deserves a replacement. It doesn't matter if it's the same repair or not.

The only reason I can think of not honoring it would be if they came out on the same repair ticket more than once.

In any event, contact Best Buy Customer care at 1-888-237-8289. Make sure they understand you DON'T want to be flipped over to the service line, but speak to someone in CUSTOMER CARE about this issue.

READ YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!!! Cant stress how ***!ng *** you sound and obviously its a lemon NOW!!!!

Patrick

well.. at leas they fixed it.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure their lemon policy is three repairs for the same thing.

View more comments (3)
Service
Best Buy Replacement

Unsolicited calls, broke HD in front of me | Best Buy review from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

who the *** would want to do business with the scags at BEST BUY? they broke my harddrive right in front of me to try to sell me a new computer, sold my friend a computer that was supposed to be brand new and it had someone else's personal info including SSN, banking info, etc. and you call people's cell phones to use up their time and many pay for those unsolicited calls for their ***! they do not belong in business and anyone who shops in their store is sick! they can shove their automatic dialer too

Keep youre foil hat on yer head. :zzz

Poor customer service | Best Buy review from Los Angeles, California

Walked in to Bestbuy to pickup my internet order. Guy in yellow polo directs me to counter. Another guy in yellow polo is looking at a computer monitor as I walk up. He stares at the monitor and doesn't say anything to me for a full minute. Finally he says I'll be with you in minute and walks away. I stand there for a few minutes and look over to see him talking and laughing with the other guy with the yellow polo and takes his place at the door. Finally a guy with a blue polo comes over and takes care of my purchase and does so courteously and with a lot of enthusiasm. I guess either yellow polo means too important to wait on customers or too dumb to wait on customers and can only greet you as you come in or check your bag as you leave.
blwilli

Cashier or not, the employee in the yellow polo should have either referred the customer to someone who can help, or paged someone who can help. There was a time where proper customer service meant that if you didn't know the answer, then the correct response would be: "I'm sorry sir/ma'am, I don't know, but let me find someone who does."

I'm guessing this story is made up, like a lot of the stories on the site. Or the poster is just too *** to realize that not everyone is a cashier in a retail store.

Well he should have gone to get you help to begin with. However

Yellow Polo - Loss Prevention

Blue Polo - Sales/Customer Service

Geek Squad - Geek Squad

The guy in the yellow polo couldnt have helped you even if he wanted to. We each have out own defined roles and we are not allowed to go past them.

View more comments (2)
Review
#321984 Review #321984 is a subjective opinion of poster.