Filter by rating :
filters

Horrific Experience with Best Buy's Outlet Center & Customer Service

I have never been treated as disrespectfully as a consumer as I have through my experience with Best Buy. I am due with my second child any day and I have spent more time arguing with customer service than I have preparing my bag for the hospital. I attempted to purchase a product online that would act as a big brother gift for my first son and was sent the wrong item not once, but twice. Even my attempts to return the original botched item were made impossible by best buy. I was told I would be e-mailed a UPS return label which never happened. I then spent over 30 minutes on the phone while a team of people created a return label- because apparently you need a team of people to create a return label. I was told I could place the package in a drop box, which turned out to be incorrect. I had to drive many miles to the nearest UPS store to mail the package back to Best Buy in 100 degree heat. Again, let me point out that I am 9 months pregnant. I was also unable to receive the new item because Best Buy stipulated that someone must be here to sign for the product without mentioning that to me. Again, another trip to the UPS facility. Imagine my surprise when I received the wrong item YET AGAIN! It's even the same mistake that was made! Unbelievable! I have just spent the better part of the last 2 hours on the phone with customer service. Each time I was promised that I would be transfered to a manager who would correct my issue and each time I was either disconnected or rerouted back to the original automated message. And on top of all of this, my son will now not have the one gift that he was looking forward to. I have never in my life experienced such horrible customer service. I can assure you I will never shop at Best Buy again- whether online or in the store. How Best Buy stays in business is beyond me. I will make sure to publicize the horrendous practices at Best Buy to anyone who will listen- via Facebook, the blog that I write, or any other way I can think of. I would rather pay twice the price at the Apple Store and be treated like a normal human being. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Doesn't the sob story go I had to treak 12 miles through the blinding snow.

Being pregnant does not give you extra privileges. If you don't think you should be doing errands in the heat, then stay home.

You must be such a role model to your son - trashing every person you think is mean to you online.

Actually Apple treats me like gold when I visit. Best Buy............not so much.

You must be a pubescent teen that doesn't understand what customer service USED to be like decades ago. Good luck when your store closes, perhaps there is a McDonalds looking to hire in your area

Patrick

while I do think that you weren't treated great at Best Buy, don't count on Apple treating you any better. they're a bunch of greedy, selfish ***

Phone lines | Best Buy review from Washington, District Of Columbia

After I purchased a dishwasher by phone, I was holding the line for installation for 20 minutes with loud music in my ear, and no one answers. I called customer service again, and the same thing happened. I called and complained and was told it would only take a minut, and the same thing happened. I called a fourth time, and asked to speak to a supervisor but the appliance specialist told me he was not available. I asked him to have installation call me to set up an appointment but he told me he couldn't do it. Finally I yelled at him and cancelled my order. Everytime I call, I have to press bottons on the phone to be connected to the right person, who just connects me with an appliance specialist who has to ask me everytime for my address and phone. I am never purchasing anything again from Best Buy. I hope they go out of business. They have no sense of customer service.

Best Buy.com SUCKS. I have attempted to be patient, I've even called back 6 times at this point, but I am NOT willing to do business with an outfit that can't their own SH"" together.

I ordered a wine cellar two weeks ago and wanted to see if I could move my date by one day since I wasn't going to be home. I finally get some guy on the phone (after I don't know how many calls I made, hmm six)! And he tells me the delivery is delayed by another 2 weeks. That's now a MONTH for a friggin' wine fridge!

I called other vendors, (LOWES) and their customer service person was so helpful she was a pleasure. Not only did she get the sale, she also had a very happy customer. I called BB back to cancel and the person that took my call told me the order is scheduled to deliver on the original date. She was checking something with the wharehouse - got disconnected AGAIN! Called back (#7) and wanted to just cancel the *** order. Can't stand incompetence. Take note Best Buy -

Patrick

maybe some of us are disgusted by how people don't know how to just shop instead of finding things to complain about.

Disgusted by customer service in best buy and comments here that are mean and irrelevant.

yeah, i hope best buy goes out of business to, screw the economy, americans having jobs is ***. Oh and I think it is *** that they didnt memorize your personal information they should know your phone number and address off the top of their head because thats info you want a stranger to know. Next time you need to buy something, order it online yourself or go in the store, or wait your *** turn ***.

I did not know you were so important that you do not have to wait your turn. When a company is waiting on another customer they can not tell the customer they are waiting on that you came in and you are more important and can not be kept waiting.

Patrick

you just sound like you're an impatient *** that doesn't know how to use a phone.

View more comments (5)
Service
Best Buy Installation

Kaspersky notice | Best Buy review from Derry, New Hampshire

I, too, got a message from Kaspersky saying my credit card was about to expire. Like the previous complaint, I have been unable to talk to anyone. Endless menus. Reached a person asking if this was related to Kaspersky; said yes; she said she would transfer me to the appropriate party. Then the phone went dead. Is this a scam? Is someone trying to gain access to my credit card number? I will never do business with this company again! Had first talked to the local store who informed me they could not help and to call the 888 number. Wow, no wonder they have bad reviews.

Kaspersky and Best Buy are one in the same.

Best Buy phone support is useless.

Finally went to Best Buy store and clerk agreed to refund and exchange for Norton.

Would never buy Kaspersky again.

Patrick

so.. wouldn't this be a complaint about Kaspersky, not Best Buy? oh wait, you probably think Best Buy created Kaspersky just because you purchased it there/ even though other stores like Staples and Walmart sell it.

View more comments (1)
Product
Best Buy Credit Card

Best Buy's customer service stinks.

I tried for nearly an hour to talk to someone about my Kaspersky Protection Plan threatening to expire. Which is utter nonsense in the first place: 1. It's already paid for and 2. My credit card is not about to expire as they claim it is. I tried calling 1-888-BESTBUY. Their phone service seems to be designed for maximum customer aggravation. I was transferred several times, forced to either listen to loud, obnoxious music or dead silence after being told my wait would be more than twenty minutes. Calling the store I purchased it from was the same: more phone transfers which ended up back to the 1-888 number. I still haven't gotten any help.
Patrick

well when you have immature *** like you that hold up the phone lines.. well the get held up.

it's time for a lesson though. you see, certain companies send their products out to stores in order to be sold. examples, HP, Sony, Toshiba, Apple, Acer, Asus, Samsung, GE, LG, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc. when a store like Best Buy, Staples, Walmart, Target, etc.

sells those products, THEY DIDN'T CREATE THE PRODUCT! unless of course, it's their own brand. they don't put names like HP and Sony on the package to make it look pretty. so my advice?

call up Kaspersky and ask them why their product isn't working for you. chances are, you got a virus and think that buying the anti-virus afterwards will help or you just simply don't know how to set it up.

Product
Best Buy Credit Card

No guarantees against bad service | Best Buy review from Cleveland, Ohio

I bought a $300 HTC phone and a $35 prepaid Virgin card (and a car charger and a screen protector) at Best Buy in Tukwila, WA. Had the phone for a day and had one problem after another. Called the Best Buy Mobile store in Southcenter to try to help me get the phone working, and the clerk gave me the wrong information. Said he'd look further into it and call me right back. Two hours later, no call. Went BACK to the store, and THAT'S when the manager (who had sold me the phone based on a glowing review of Virgin) told me not to expect much of Virgin's customer service. He seemed to be okay with the notion that if you're a prepaid customer, you shouldn't expect basic customer service"”like competent help with getting your phone to work. I listened to him talk to Virgin to try to fix the problem, and they gave him the wrong information"”and kept insisting they were right (and that was the supervisor, after the first person was of no help). They weren't. He finally got it straightened out"”sort of. He insisted the phone was working, but my sister, who was with me, still couldn't get through on her phone"”which otherwise was working fine. I decided to return the phone"”and what was my reward for finding out how horrible Virgin's customer service was? They kept the $35 for air time- none of which I had used. I hadn't made a single call (other than a couple of attempts to see if the phone was working); and ONLY returned the phone because I saw firsthand how hard it was to resolve a small problem with Virgin. The manager complained that I was being unfair by holding Best Buy responsible for not giving me a 100% refund. Well, it's certainly not my fault that Best Buy chose to sell a product from a company with horrible customer service. And it's not my fault that the manager didn't warn me that Virgin might only be a great deal if you don't have any technical problems with your phone. Bottom line? Virgin was horrible. And Best Buy's attitude toward my problem with Virgin was horrible. I won't deal with either again. Ever.

Did a best buy employee hold a gun to your head forcing you to make this purchase and not read the non-refundable explanation on the store policy sign or right on the back of the card, cuz that is a bummer. Work retail or food service and you will shut up.

This is typical of poor people. They do not have money to get actual phone service and if something goes wrong they are quick to blame anyone else but them hoping someone will take the loss. If you can not afford good phone service do without.

Gift cards, phone cards, game cards like Xbox live, iTunes cards, and just about any other card you can think of are not refundable. Once the card is activated, the store has to pay the vendor.

Your complaint should be called "Best Buy refused to take a $35 loss for me."

Patrick

and I'm sure Best Buy will be happy because they won't have to deal with a *** like you. prepaid companies probably don't have great customer service with how cheap they are.

and how do you expect Best Buy to refund you for minutes?

what's next? you'll finish a loaf of bread from Walmart and then expect them to return it because it was a little stale?

Loss
Purchased a cell for my daughter at a Best Buy in Calgary, NW approximately 3 years ago. Decided the protection plan (via AGI) would be a good deal at $5.24 per month. The first phone screen stopped working and was replaced. The next received water damage, which...

It's really just a souped-up warranty, and you end up paying for a new phone over the duration of the contract. What a waste of money.

You have to be careful what the salesmen say.

I don't EVER buy warranties. I tell them - "with all the money I've saved over the past by NOT buying product warranties I can pay for any damage that might happen".

Well, this guy got me to buy the Product Replacement Plan because he said lots of things were covered except water damage and that they wouldn't repair it I'd get a new equivalent phone. Well my phone dropped on the corner and the screen cracked.

A guy in the back got out a magnifying glass and said it wasn't covered because it wasn't a defect in the phone. The salesman then tried to convince me to pay out the old phone and buy a new one, that repairing wasn't possible. I also wanted to cancel but they said I couldn't since the duration was 3 years.

I got the glass replaced elsewhere for $300 and I'm not going to Best Buy any more.

I want to just hang around the cell phone department and when the salesman try to sell it, I want to tell people my story.

View more comments

Sold a LEMON and they dont care!!! | Best Buy review from Westminster, Colorado

On 3/14/2012 I purchased a 40" Best Buy Brand (Dynex) TV. Exactly 90 days later (June 14th) it DIED! Just died. I had it plugged into the surge protector that the sales rep sold me. This area had not had a storm, nor a power interuption. The store was incredibly rude (Josh- Store Manager at Tulsa Memorial Drive Location). I had to call a Geek Squad line that told me the TV would be repaired but not for 10 days. Plus I have to take a half day off work to sit around and wait for their technician to come and service the TV. I am a single mom and this is the only TV that I have. I work very hard and the $450 that I spent on this purchase took me three months to save for. The store didnt care a single bit, even said "you may have done something to break the TV, and if so we will do nothing to help you". I have a 10 month old child and it is only he and I in the house (no pets). I keep a perfectly clean house and have not done a single thing to the TV, but turn it off and on. It is beyond believable that it is OK to sell someone a product (piece of junk) that only lasts 90 days and then treat the customer like they did something wrong. I will NEVER spend another dime at BEST BUY----EVER!!!!!
Patrick

rachael, you can't expect every store to protect your product for free. Dynex built your TV, not Best Buy.

rachaelbixby

Wow..@Really? It must be nice that you have so much time on your hands to read people's review and then send hateful replys calling people "fuq tart". Do you think your use of inappropriate language makes you cool? Or the large amounts of misspellings and inproper use of grammar. Maybe instead of spending so much time on the internet treating people like ***, you could read a book and gain some knowledge about the English language.

@TomBBY. The Geek squad repair man came to my home and repaired the TV. He stated that the Dynex model that I purchased was defective on a wide spread basis. He stated that he had personally repaired over 15 of the exact same unit within the last 60-days. He was an incredibly nice man, but also was prompt to inform me that he was not an employee of Best Buy. He stated that hears many complaints about Best Buy and the customer service (or lack there of) that it provides.

@Simon...Yes, many companies have a 90-day return policy; however, some companies care about their customers. Many companies will work to help their customers vs. blame them. For instance, I had an absolutely fabulous experience with Staples a while back. They took care of a computer that was malfunctioning. They did it with care, grace, and concern for the fact that I am a paying customer.

Well, it's more than 10 days later. Did they repair the set or replace it?

What was the outcome? :x

Lesous First of all your a *** you cant sue a company for not taking a return after 90 days specially when its on your receipt and clearly says on the the back that the return policy is 30 days.This is considered a legal binding contract fuq tart.

Second of all they do sell a warranty to protect the unit in store so if you didn't purchase it shame on you blame your self foe being one of those people.This will teach you

3rd of all as Simon said call the manufacture that's who as to warranty the TV not best buy and because its a best buy only brand doesn't mean there is blue shirts making the TV in the ware house so NO they are not responsible to what happens to your TV after 30 days.

:? Be sure to file with The better Business Burea and Consumer Reports. You may also wish to file a civil action against the store which you can then take to small claims court and Not only get your money back but court costs as well!

Where will you shop now that will allow you to return a TV after 90 days? Make sure to boycott all stores with the same policy (which is every store in the country).

You have a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. Call them.

View more comments (5)
Service
Best Buy Customer Care

BestBuy | Best Buy review from Washington, District Of Columbia

I went to best buy to buy a hard drive and my check was declined by Telecheck. There was more than enough money in my account to buy 4 hard drive. I see there is a lot of people that have the same problem. My advice is to stop buying from stores that use Telecheck. If the consumers stick together and the stores will lose all the sales that Telecheck declines it will hurt there bottom line. I would think Best Buy would have someone with some intelligence but if you look at how bad the us economy has become this is not the case. Just look at Best Buy sales last XMAS.

I touch myself at night.

Wouldn't that be a Telecheck issue... BB can't do anything about it when Telecheck is telling them there is no money in the account.

Use a debit card, caveman. Checks are a risk for a store and they are under no obligation to accept them.

it's called a debit card. join us in the 20th century.

are you serious?

writing checks?!?!?!?? debit cards are free.

Loss

No One Helped At Best Buy

I went to best buy for a home theatre system.I was in the tv/home theatre systems for 30-40 and non of the employees asked me if I needed help.I had to get someone after 40 minutes to have someone help me,she did not get someone.I went into there own store home theatre section and started watching a movie.One of the employees came in there to turn down the bass but did not ask if iI needed help.I left the store not earnng my business.I would recommend Compusa for threre customer service

You guys are *** this is about bestbuy not about how bad someone's grammar is. Bet you all are ignorant people who think they're perfect.

Ok, I think I know what's going on here. Judging by your English skills, you are 9 years old at the oldest.

See, the employees were probably busy helping mommies and daddies because they are the ones that spend money.

Next time you want help, have your mommy go with you and you should be helped sooner.

Next year, when you're in 5th grade, you will learn to put at least one (preferably two) spaces after a period. Hopefully spelling will pick up for you too.

There...their...they're..."threre"? You are a m0r0n at best. To ask for help, it does require some minor English skills (which you lack).

Thomas

And people wonder why they are closing stores.

Patrick

I would recommend an English class or at least a dictionary and someone to hold your hand while you shop. next time, ask for help instead of expecting everyone to serve you. if they had asked, you'd probably be speechless with how shy you seem to be.

View more comments (4)
Review

Best Buy is the Worst Buy !!!!

Was informed on the Best Buy site that the headphones I wanted were available at the Atlantic Ave store in Brooklyn...The salesperson went all over the store and could not locate the headphones I wanted to purchase.His computer file stated that the store had about 3 pairs available....After 1/2 hour he informed me that I should go to a store associate and order the headphones for pick up at this store....If the headphones were not available at any store, who were they going to deliver them from ???? It was a 1 hour round trip wasted by *** moronic Worst Buy site !!!!! If they go out of business, they will not be missed....

IHSC is right - you're an *** for not calling ahead. The website doesn't know if the headphones are on the truck, shoplifted, or in a customer's cart.

I have read all of your sarcastic replies to people with complaints and have deemed you a ***. Do you sleep in Best Buy sheets and have a Blue and Yellow coffee mug?

It is well documented that Best Buy is relying on an outdated business model and soon will be dealing with bankruptcy. I had a bad experience yesterday but won't detail it here because you probably would ridicule me for expecting knowledgable sales associates who can answer my technical questions.

Patrick

you a *** for many reasons.

1. you drove an hour for a pair of headphones.

2. you trusted the inventory of a website.

3. you didn't bother to call to check and see if the store definitely had your precious headphones.

4. you assumed that the headphones weren't going to sell by the time your dumb self got there.

5. you drove all the way there and didn't even at least order the headphones.

6. you drove an hour for a pair of headphones.

View more comments (2)