Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Best Buy worse place to buy electronics

My boss recently purchased me a 50 dollar gift card to Best Buy and when I went to redeem it they scanned the card and told me that it was not activated correctly when it was originally purchased. Then they "couldn't find" the transaction in the computer and refused to honor the gift card. I have had several poor experiences at Best Buy and for that reason I normally will not shop there, however in this case it was a gift card and I didn't have much choice. There sales associates are rude, unprofessional and act like they could care less. Gift card or not, I will never set foot in another BestBuy

Just let your boss know. How is this Best Buy fault.

Why do you not go back to the person that gave you the gift card and let him find out why it was not honored. You just may need him to activate it.

Don't blame Best Buy. You did not purchase the gift card from them.

Also the gift card could have been bought at a grocery store and the store did not activate it correctly. Find out the facts before blaming Best Buy

Happens more than you think customer steel gift cards and give them out as gifts or even sell them with a 0$ balance that's why in your case the couldn't honor it.

Product
Best Buy Gift Card
Loss

Best Buy review in Chantilly, Virginia: I purchased a anti virus software& it was a defective cd..there was a discolored line going thru it.

i bought this anti virus software,would not work..a discolored line going thru it.was defective..they would only exchange it. did not want another i want my money back! Its seems so unfair, the only way i could ever know if it worked or not was to open the box,they gave me a new one and they opened the box!! I did not want a different one I just want my $$$ back!! i WILL NEVER BUY FROM BEST BUY AGAIN...THEY ARE SO VERY DISHONEST...WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THIS ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE?? IM ON A very limited budget...how do you people get away w/this??
Patrick

hey ***, learn about electronics and retail stores before you get in over your head like that next time. you can't get your money back for opened software or anything disc related.

it's against copyright laws so it isn't exactly Best Buy's laws. for all we know, you copied the disc on your computer.

No store is going to refund for opened software. But if you take it up to the geek squard at best buy they will install another copy and make sure it works.

I have done that and a lot of times if they are not busy they will install it for free.

But do not get mad if they charge you. It is up to the tech that is helping you.

It's a federal copy right law not to excepte an open software program your lucky they wanted to exchange it.

NonnyMouse

If you 'did not want another' why did you want one at all in the first place???

Of course they opened it there at the counter.

It's the law. You brought back an opened software. That's what you get in exchange. ANYWHERE IN THE US.

Also, it's showing you that This One does not have a line through it.

You're Welcome. Whiner.

It is the year 2012. It's time to learn that SOFTWARE IS NOT REFUNDABLE!

NOT AT BEST BUY, NOT AT WALMART, NOT ANYWHERE! It's not that difficult to understand why.

Well, most if not all stores which sell software will only offer exchanges and will never give you your money back. Otherwise, what's to prevent people from installing or copying the software, then returning it for full refund.

Also, you make it sound like they forced you to buy anti-virus software you never wanted. You wanted it enough that you bought it, it was defective, they'll give you another one, so why suddenly now do you not want it anymore?

View more comments (5)

Best Buy- Poor Customer Relations

We bought a Westinghouse 46 LED 10hz 1080p TV from best buy. Turned the TV off and it would not turn back on. Called the Geek Squad and they came out to repair it. The problem: The Geek Squad guy said the panel was completely blown. I asked him what caused it. He responded: "They are engineered to fail" and then showed me a tiny wire that goes from the main power source to the panel. It can't carry the load and it burns out the panel display. Long story short, they cant get the panel and I have to return it. However, since they don't have a replacement Westinghouse, I have to spend another $150.00 to get a comparable LED TV. The store manager didn't even want to hear what I had to say, just said "That is what we are gonna do for you," and he turned around and walked away. This was the Best Buy store #406 in Grand Rapids, MI. I would NOT use WORST BUY for your electronic purchases because they wont stand behind them even if they are WITHIN the warranty. Terrible service, terrible customer relations.

So typical of the problems with Americans. The liberal mindset has fostered a mentality of wanting something for nothing.

Call Obama, maybe he'll give you a better TV. LOL

Best Buy shouldn't have to give you a better TV for the same price you paid. That's like buying a cheap car and asking the insurance company to upgrade you for free.

You get what you paid for... Westinghouse...

if you want a quality TV you gotta pay more... I just don't understand people these days, they demand cheap pricing and get upset with the quality

ThenYouAskYourSelfWhy You are an IDOIT! Why should I have to pay more money to get a comparable TV when it was still under warranty?

You obviously are a complete *** I did the right thing by purchasing the TV from WORST BUY in the first place. Their employee (Geek Squad) states that it is, "Engineered to fail." Explain to me why I have to spend more money just to get a comparable model and size? You are obviously some kind of hood rat that thinks they can post whatever you want and other people will read your posts and feel sorry for WORST BUY. You probably even work at a WORST BUY and are scared they are going to close.

Well guess what?!? Best Buy will close soon. They can't keep up with the demand of people returning their *** products and stay in business. I predict they will go the way of Circuit City.

Post some more LOSER! :( :(

ThenYouAskYourSelfWhy?

Ok another case of retard? They offered to exchange it for a comparable tv if you pick out something more expensive then what you originally payed you obviously have yo pay the difference!!

If i owned a store and you came to me with this bull i would slam it on your head and tell you to ***K your self! that's what you get for being cheap and not purchasing a good tv!

View more comments (3)
Review

Best Buy review in Baltimore, Maryland: Delivered the wrong refrigerator 90 minutes late

After 7 service calls in 18 months, I was allowed to return an LG refrigerator under the "no lemon" policy. The salesman helped us pick out a new refrigerator and sent us to customer service. The customer service rep at the Columbia, MD store did not know what she was doing, so the process took over an hour. We had to wait 17 days for the new frig to be delivered. I was called a few days beforehand and told the delivery would take place between 4 and 6 pm. At 6:30 on delivery day, I called and was told they would check on the truck. After staying on hold for 30 minutes, a different rep told me the truck was 15 minutes away. After the delivery men finally left, I opened the frig and realized it was the wrong one! I immediately called customer service and was told I had to take care of it in the store. I spent over an hour at the store with an appliance representative. Bottom line, the refrigerator I was shown no longer exists. I have to suck it up and keep a refrigerator I don't want. I'll never purchase another appliance at Best Buy!
Best Buy Customer Care

Best Buy review in Phoenix, Arizona: Geek Squad Battery and charger

Purchased a laptop with extended warranty and was told by sales person that I could receive a replacement battery and charger. The warranty expires on the 29th of this month. I received a letter offering a renewal of the warranty. When I had the unit in for repair in Feb. of this year I was told the same thing when I picked up the laptop after it was repaired. Yesterday I call the store and tell them that I want to get my battery and charger, the answer was sure either come into the store or call Geek Squad and they will ship the charger and battery to my house. Today I called the Geek Squad and after a extended conversation the person on the phone said they could only sell a new warranty and I would need to talk to the parts department and that he didn't think I could receive both items as there was a one week wait after the first item was shipped and my warranty will of expired. Called the store, the same place I was told yesterday that I could do what was promised. The Geek Squad rep told me I was out of luck and would not receive both items and that the Best Buy employees have no idea what they are talking about and that only a Geek Squad person could give me accurate information. If the best you can do is blame your fellow employees for not knowing what they are talking about no wonder they are having problems.
#521997

I agree that what you describe is the way it should of worked, the way I was told(more than once)it would work, when it got down to it that was not the way it did work.

I called the store first they said call the 800 number which I did and was told that both items had to be ordered one week apart. I then called the store and talked to a member of the Geek Squad who told me that both items could not be ordered at the same time and that anyone that was a Best Buy employee did not know what they were talking about. I have spent alot of money at this store and I am normally treated well.

You get a one time battery and ac adapter replacement during the span of your protection plan. I dont know why they are giving you a hard time about this.

It can be easily fixed.

Go to your local store, tell them you have the warranty they will give you the piece of paper with the phone number. You call that number and order the things you need.

Review
I bought a microwave from bestbuy.com. it came damaged. i called best buy immediately and was told a return shipping label would be sent to me. the next day I called again. i was told the same thing. 10 days later still no label and when I called again i was first...

I am not sure if your issue is still ongoing, but have you thought about taking the microwave in store to do the return? Your local store should be able to take care of that. I would do it quickly though, because if you go outside of your 30 day return period Best Buy does have the right to refuse the return.

Best Buy Replacement

Best Buy review in Orlando, Florida: Poor display of Professionalism

Was on vacation in Kissimmee, FL & decided to visit a Best Buy there. It was store # 1411. My friend needed some accessories for his Apple iPad. First off, we weren't greeted at all when we entered the store. We find the computer department & it was very busy. 20 minutes go by & we are unable to get any help. There were 2 managers in the department just standing there, doing nothing. One of the managers, a bigger stocky guy, seemed to just yell & complain about his associates right in front of us. He was just talking to himself. I didn't get his name but I remember his initials being C.S. Another skinny manager his named, J.G., was very condescending to other shoppers & literally treated the employees like dogs there. The employees didn't seem very happy & neither were we. We ended up just leaving the store. I will never shop at Best Buy ever again.

I work at a Best Buy in Lincoln, NE. What you just described here is what I see everyday in my store.

It really makes me mad to know that this is a nationwide problem. I do not work in the computer department of my store and am asked to help out over there all the time cause managers and other employees are too lazy to do anything. The only reason I don't quit is cause I can't currently get another job. But I'm honest with every customer that I talk to and tell them not to expect much from most people that work there.

Best Buy has the lowest employee morale of any work place I've ever seen.

Mostly because the managers do exactly what you described. All they care about is their huge paychecks and monthly bonuses, while us employees that actually do the work are paid like ***

Best Buy Manager

Best Buy review in Yorktown, Virginia: They don't care about you.

I bought a brand new tv from them on July 4 this year. I was moving it today and the screen cracked. I brought it in hoping there was something they could do. They told me it would cost me $35 to send it off and that it would cost $900 to fix. The tv only cost $899!!!! When I asked them to talk to a manager, they said they were all in a meeting and not available. When the manager finally did come out she was completely rude and did not care about my problems. I asked them to sell me another tv at a discounted price and she said no!!! I left and went to HH Gregg and bought a new tv. I will never spend another dime at best buy.
Alan C

Um, you broke the TV.

If you crashed your new car into the sidewalk would the dealer give you a new one? If you dropped a camera into the ocean, would you expect a new one?

With little margin in TVs, what were you expecting? A $50 gift card and a speaker is a nice gesture.

Believe I don't shop at BBY, but stop whining here.

Patrick

wow. well xMAJORFULLOFBULLSHITx I'm surprised that they sent you a gift card and a sound bar for your lousy mistake.

you were probably beyond the return date and didn't purchase an extended warranty. mistakes happen and it sucks but you have to take responsibility, not blame everyone else.

If you crack your screen on the tv you bought from HHHgreg, guess what they're going to do? The same thing.

Take better care of your things and stop asking a store to replace an item you damaged for free.

In your face WHY! I wasn't expecting them to replace my tv.

I wanted them to help me with a new one and they were unwilling... At the time.

Since then they have sent me a $50 gift card and a sound bar with a sub woofer because they know I spend a lot of money there and the manager that originally "helped" me did a terrible job. I just wanted to know that one of my favorite stores actually cared about my problems and they have proven now that they do!

Why would they give you a discount because you broke your own tv? You are a Scam.

jack f

Never stop with a manager if you think you are right. Ask that one for the name and contact for her boss, and that one for the name and contact info for their boss, and so on and so on letting each know you are going to the next "boss". This usually works if you are in the right and they know it.

Not their fault you broke your own TV, why should they lose money for your mistake? The markup on TV's is very low as it is so them to fix your mistake would be a complete loss of money for them.

View more comments (6)

Best Buy review in Cape Coral, Florida: Worst Buy - Stole my 10 dollars

Retuned a HDMI cable that the salesman said I needed and I did not this cable cost 50 bucks. I don't live close to the Best Buy store and I returned the cable 36 days after the purchase with the reciept. The customer service said it was out of return and would have to do a no-reciept return for store credit. I said that that would suck but better than nothing. Then she said that I would not get my 50 bucks back that was written on the reciept because the Item had gone on clearance and was 10 dollars less. So now I get 40 dollars worth of instore credit. Best Buy you are a rip off, F^C$ OFF steal my 10 dollars and make my buy something from your $hyttY store. F^C$ OFF again. Shame on you.
Patrick

Unhappy17, you're a ***. why did you buy it in the first place?

and did it really take you like 2 months to realize that you didn't need the cord? calm down and learn store policies instead of assuming that you can make a store do what you want.

you're lucky that they were even willing to do a non receipted return which results in the lowest price in the past 30 days so they don't have people constantly cheating them by buying products and then returning them when the price is higher so they get more back. and judging by your second little paragraph there, you're a psycho.

test

You returned it after the return policy expired. You should be fortunate you got anything from that store. Not our problem you dont live near a best buy.

Best Buy review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Insignia TV ***

Don't buy an Insignia TV if you have Comcast. The remote for Comcast that perfectly controls all of my Samsung and LG TV's won't function with Insignia. When you turn the TV off, it turns itself back on. Best Buy says just turn the TV off and quickly point the remote in another direction. This doesn't work either. I used to love Best Buy. I see why they are going broke. Try calling the store and see if you can find someone that possibly knows half as much as you do to answer a question. They have lost me.

How is it Best Buys fault that the Comcast remote will not work with the TV you bought. I agree you are a ***.

Just use the remote that came with the tv to contol the tv. Oh I forgot you are not that smart.

Patrick

so.. you bought a TV that ISN'T made by Best Buy but you're mad at them because you decided to buy the TV? well we now know that you're a *** ***.

Comcrap is horrible with their interoperability with other devices. Best advice - you can set your Comcrap remote to control the volume from the cable box. To turn your TV on or off, you will need to either use the remote that came with your TV or manually turn the TV on or off.