Bestbuy usb 3 | Best Buy review from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Why do I buy online you ask..ok you didn't ask but I shall tell you.I have a motherboard with usb 3 ports and I would like an external hard drive that is usb 3 compatible. I made the trip to bestbuy and lucky me they had one. I searched for the usb 3 cable to connect the drive, which of course they don't have. I asked the computer expert on duty and he said a usb 2 cable would work just fine but at half the rated drive speed. moore oklahoma needs a real computer store.
Patrick

I don't see the complaint here..? they told you the truth. the only thing I see wrong here is that you're a big baby.

By all means, open up a real computer store and put them out of business. After all, you know everything. I'll see you on the Fortune 500.

View more comments (1)

Chaos from Best Buy Geek Squad

I bought an electronic camera, with a Geek Squad service plan, from Best Buy a few months ago. Right away there was a problem, and I took it in to be repaired. Geek Squad then LOST MY CAMERA for three weeks; then they found it and sent it again for repair. After six weeks it had supposedly been repaired. But when I tried to use it, it had a NEW problem--neither auto-focus nor manual focus now work, although they both worked fine before the "repair." During most of the time that I have owned this camera, it has been in repair.

Its funny how these Best Buy employees (mostly all teenagers) try to defend their less than honest company. There have been so many PROVEN deceptions that States'Attorneys had to get involved.

I believe that these kids are given paid time to post on websites like these.

File your complaints with your State Attorney's Office of Consumer Protection and continue to post on websites like this. Then send copies of the comments to the State'sAttorney's

Office.

The new issue of Consumer's Report, Dec 2012, on page 25 rates retailers and Best Buy is at the bottom.

Loss
Bought a 55" tv / mount / sound system- was told delivery will be within 5days- got home waited for delivery and got sound sys and mount, no tv. Delivery people didn't call me to arrange time; evidently store doesnt have the tv either. Customer service tells me they...
Whitman

Thanks for thinking of us and posting your reply. Have a great day!

View more comments
Review

Rude rob yelled at my 82yr old mom and I | Best Buy review from Springfield, Illinois

On 9/22/12 at 5:30 pm at the best buy in springfield, Illinois on veterans pkwy. Rob in the cell phone dept confronted my mom and I very rudely and unprofessional. I had just purchased the HTC one x cell phone by at&t and recieved my first bill for$626.88. Rob told me my first bill would be a (little) high but I didnt expect a mortgage payment. Anyway rob was with a customer and another sales person tried to help me and he took my bill and showed it to rob and right away he started being very rude and raising his voice to both my mom and I before I even said a word. A manager finally came around and he was still raising his voice with me while the manager was there. The only reason I kept my cool was because my mom was there and I respect her. My mom worked retail at Macy's for 20 yrs and said if any employee acted like to a customer they would be gone. Long story short; Rob didnt set the phone up right in the first place thats why I got an outragous bill.He had my mobile to mobile calls set up as landline calls.So from there I proceeded to the nearest at&t store and they researched everything and determined whomever set up the phone (ROB), messed up and at&t is going to take care of ROB'S incompitence.Anyway, I would like for Rob to apologize to my mom because he basically called her a liar to her face. Myself, I am not worried about. I just know that no one deserves to be talked to that way, especially when they are wrong.He also explained to me and my mom both saying my monyhly bill woild only be $80/mo before taxes and then he told us both that he got it down to 64/mo before taxes. I now know that both of those figures are false however I like the phone alot. The issue here is you have a very rude salesperson who needs to apologize for his rude actions.
Patrick

the first bill is typically more expensive but nowhere near that much. I think I had an activation fee and maybe one other thing and that was about it on my first Verizon bill.

Best Buy Customer Care

Best Buy Springfield PA: Don't go!

Never again will I go to Best Buy of Springfield PA for anything! The incompetence of the staff is unbelievable. Is it too much to ask that they know their stock - where it is, how it works, what extra items one might need to make it work? Yeah I guess it is too much. One trip is always two ... the second to return the wrong thing and search for the right one. Cell phone charger? No problem you' d think. Just for an iPhone. I even knew the name of the charger I'd had before ... "rocket something" ("rocket fish") . Nope, the guy didn't know where chargers were, didn't know which other guy handled phone chargers, and I went home with a Belkin that didn't work. 1 trip = 2 trips. The xBox surround sound headphones? My poor kid researched it carefully on two separate trips. Asked all the right questions about batteries, chargers, extras. Except the idiots who sold it didn't know that ALL xBoxes aren't equipped to take the audio plug, some older ones need an HDMI adapter. Which they didn't sell us. And when my good kid waited on phone, afterward, at home with a nonfunctional device, to find out if they sold it and we could come back and get it ... he waited 10 minutes to get a customer rep who said ... ok ready for this? Said "maybe". Thanks Best Buy, for hiring people who are about as bad at the job as you could be. Maybe it's actors pretending to be electronics salespeople? And one actor pretending to be a good manager? Oh yes, and sometimes when you call them, the system just hangs up on you. Which is actually just as useful as talking to the service rep.

ok ... if you could read, you'd see that we DID check things out and came asking all the right questions. and got the wrong answers. oh mercy me ... guess it was our fault for believing that employees who worked at BestBuy who said they knew what we needed were wrong.

twice in one week. silly us.

thank you for telling me i'm supposed to look at my old xbox for a jack that you only learn you SHOULD have if you have ALREADY BOUGHT the new headphones, and read the manual.

that takes a time machine, dude ... go forward in time, buy new headphones with manual in box, go back in time and check for jack on old xbox... i'll just step into my time machine and ... oh wait ... don't have one.

i'm angry. does that surprise you? this site is called "pissed off consumer". if i wasn't pissed off, i would not have written. duh.

though *you* may be a pathetic loser and/or a bad dad, you're writing back to neither ... if i want to be pissed off by a moronic sales rep and tell people about it ... that's my right.

i tried to write to Best Buy. i was promised a reply in 3 days. let's see ... it's been about 9 days. more great service from the worst elecctronics store ever.

have a nice day!

Why don't you check your equipment before you come to the store then ask where the headphones are and see if any of them meet your needs. If you can't do things for yourself how is you kid suppose to learn how to solve his problems.

Patrick

well at least those associates can be happy that they're not a miserable loser and a pathetic father like you. you must beat your kid with how angry you sound.

you're so quick to judge, for all you know it was that one guys first day. and about the headphones.. seriously, calm down. it's not like everyone knows everything about everything.

it's not common sense to know that all Xbox's don't have that audio jack.

chill out and go get the necessary cords. people act is if retail employees are supposed to automatically know what the customers have at their house and know how it's setup.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Best Buy trains their employees to lie!

Last friday, I waited in line at my local best Buy and when they opened I was the first one to put my name on the "pre order" list for the IPhone5. My phone never came in and at midnight I received an email telling me this. I called their customer support # listed in the email and to my amazement this is what the recording said "as you preordered your phone the spot you were in, you should receive your phone". The "supposed" customer svc person got on and started reading from a script and went around and around with me. Than I was told "a preorder is not a guaranty of when it will come in, it's just a guarantee of a phone" and everyone is told to say that. I told the young lady that I was told "since I was #1 in line my phone was guaranteed". I was so frustrated I hung up and went to talk to the manager of the store here in Killeen TX. His answer to me was "no one told you that" I assured him that the person who told me that was sitting right there and he insisted that she did not. These people are pathetic liars!

@Larry Cohen

No actually it is not and you can bring them to court on it...the judge will say its your word against him and with no proof that is what the associate said you would lose.

And you should blame Apple..they new the demand for the iPhone5 was over 10 million but only produced 5-6mil.

When an employee says "you are guaranteed to get your item on a certain date" and than does not deliver (regardless who's fault it is) then the company is responsible to redress this problem. By the way, last night a friend who order his at 8PM (almost 11 hours later) ordered the same phone, the same GB, the same carrier received his phone yesterday, (I'm still waiting)!!!

Patrick

the original poster, Lacaco, is a *** for thinking that you get your phone first just because you were the first to preorder. I'm sure you have an iPhone 4, stretch that phone out and you have an iPhone 5 until your precious piece of junk comes in.

I have to agree with Mike on this. Best Buy is completely blameless on this.

Pre-order is typically used as a tool to determine how many iPhones (or other highly anticipated item) are needed at each store.

Ultimately it is up to Apple to ship the requested amount of iPhones to Best Buy.

Say there were 2000 Preorders, but Best Buy only received 1000 iPhones, then how is that Best Buy's fault that Apple didn't ship the requested amount?

The phones come from apple, that's why you don't have your phone. It's not best buys fault.

View more comments (4)
Best Buy Manager
Tags
  • young lady
I was assured before shopping that the policy is to take personal checks. I selected items worth more than 1000.00 in electronics. The sales people and manager (Reggie) was very helpful. I am a senior citizen and wanted to make the purchase with a personal check. I...

I have worked in retail. Many Companies use Telecheck because they take the lose on any returned check and have to do the collecting.

The business pays for that service so they will not have to eat uncollectable bad checks.

Since Telecheck is the one who is taking a risk with the check then they have the right of refusal. So don't blame Best Buys.

View more comments
Best Buy Manager

I hate Geek Squad and it's a waste of money | Best Buy review from Honolulu, Hawaii

These *** get no stars. I am so fed up with them I don't know what to do. I will never use this service again. I have been through *** and back with their phone black tie service. 1st the guy that sold me the phone told me if I didn't use it at all I would get my money back at the end of the contract. Not true. They had the wrong phone number for me that I have never even had. Everytime I go into the store I am there no less than 2 hours. They have constantly done wrong the entire contract. I sent out a phone with them and they sent me back a completely different phone. I have updated my information 10 times and it has never been updated. They can never locate my contract. They still have me listed in Georgia and I have been in Hawaii for 1 year. Everytime I exchange a phone they enter it into the computer improperly and I am charged on my bill for an upgrade, so I have to call Sprint. Yes they credit it back, but *** why can't it be done right the 1 st time. Now I they lost my phone and have had it for 3 weeks and I am stuck with a loaner. I have now been transfered twice and have been on the phone for 40 minutes. I *** HATE THEM AND I WOULD RATHER SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY WITH SPRINT THAN TO GO THROUGH THIS BULL *** AGAIN. $9.99 A MONTH FOR BULL ***
Alan C

Asurion is the company who administers the plans. The stores are out of the loop.

Your contract says they can send you an equivalent or reconditioned phone - that clause is old news.

When a BBY "clerk" says "it does this or covers this," given the enormity of complaints and given that BBY does not administer contracts, why would ANY consumer listen? Phone insurance, given the conditions, doesn't pay.

The company I work for also ran a promotion like that if you didn't use the plan at all you'd get your money back...the thing is calling the warranty company for any reason qualifies as using it.

Calling them for support, registering the plan, getting it sent out or looked at etc.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Don't Buy a Cell Phone Here! | Best Buy review from Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts

Wife bought an Iphone4 just before the Iphone5 was released. Attempted to exchange within their 30 day period but they would not allow because it wasn't physically in the store yet even though willing to wait. Associates rude and _argumentative. Had to settle for a 4s. Not happy! Was in the store for more than 3hours. Best Buy tried to blame Verizon but when I got a Verizon supervisor.on the phone the Best Buy manager refused to speak with her. Have never had such bad customer service. Shop her maybe but will definitely buy elsewhere! Manager also failed to chastise associates unprofessional behavior.

Customer service in Best Buy cell phone store area is atrocious. Their system is simply not working. It can take an hour just to get questions answered. The display is trash. The phones are trashed. Things are not priced or priced correctly. The computers and people are slow.

They do enough business to increase the staff and display area rather than forming lines longer than the checkout aisle at a supermarket.

Be Aware and set aside ALOT of time if you plan on doing cell phone business at the Best Buy in Springfield, Pennsylvania.

You didn't know that a new iPhone was coming out???

Frankly just stick with the 4S, it's cheaper and fine for your needs.

I have worked in retail for years, customers always feel that an employee is rude and argumentative when they don't get what they want, regardless of how polite the employee has been.

I have heard Best Buy's sell and they tell you no matter what they will be happy to exchange in 30 days unconditionally. Just as they sell their Black Tie warranty.

Well I can tell you from experience they can talk the talk, BUT are UNABLE TO WALK THE WALK.

My advice is walk far away from Best Buy. There are plenty of other competitors who are willing to price match, but they will stand by their warranty!

Like the others said, how can you exchange or an item not one store in the world had yet at the time?

***.

Patrick

that's your fault for buying the 4S without knowing that the 5 is coming out. how could you not know?

everyone talks about it like they want to make love to it.

besides, it won't be much different than the phone your dumb wife choose anyway. you're both *** for getting a junk phone.

So you wanted to exchange your phone for a phone that wasn't in the store? And you're upset that couldn't happen? Which store do you shop at that allows you to exchange items for items that they don't have?

View more comments (5)

Customer Service for cell phone issue | Best Buy review from Wayne, Michigan

Had a smart phone under black tie warranty. Went through 4 replacements with each being defective. They gave me a loaner that ended up changing my unlimited data package to a limited. Told me they would correct it but discovered later it had not been corrected. Wrote to customer service and "***" responded stating only correspondence to them from me would have to be faxed to their legal department because I threatened legal action. My "legal" action was I had threatened to report them to the better business bureau and attorney general for changing my phone plan without my consent. Now they refuse to talk to me at all, I am stuck with a phone that is not functioning properly with a *** data package. I attempted to go in to have them help me and they refused-even refused to warranty my phone stating I was using too many apps on my phone.

Is there actually an email address for complaints? Would you share it w/me?

I have bought a laptop, an iPad, a Kindle, etc all in the past year and never got rewarded for any of it.

I think they have a wrong name and correct name and address for me and someone with the number they're using has been getting credit. I was never sent a Reward card after I requested one 3 times.

I have not had a rewarding experience w/this company. There customer service is doing them in.

Legal action was never threatened. And reporting it to BBB and Attorney General is not legal action.

It is just making a complaint and nothing more.

And yes they did change by plan. They apologized after they realized they did it and said they corrected it, but my bad, because I did not actually go back online and verify my plan had been corrected.

I guess they did stop talking to you if you said you were taking legal action. That is their right if you are taking legal action.

First off they could not change your plan. You would have to do that.

So knock yourself out complaining to the BBB and Attorney General. You will only make yourself looc dumb because they will not believe you either.

View more comments (2)