Don't work with Best Buy they don't value customers

this is the last time I will buy from Best Buy. I purchased a camera from BestBuy.com and upon trying to use the camera it would not open and turn on. I went into the store and they said they couldn't help me because I bought it from their marketplace, meaning from one of their third party suppliers. I felt it I was completely unacceptable for them to push it onto them as my payment went to Best Buy not the third party. now I have to have the manufacturer try to repair the camera instead of getting a new one because too much time lapsed between finding out it was broken and trying to figure out how I could return it. I've spent over $3000 there in the last 3 years and this is the way I was treated, again, I'll never buy from them again

Its funny how these Best Buy employees (mostly all teenagers) try to defend their less than honest company. There have been so many PROVEN deceptions that States'Attorneys had to get involved.

I believe that these kids are given paid time to post on websites like these.

File your complaints with your State Attorney's Office of Consumer Protection and continue to post on websites like this. Then send copies of the comments to the State'sAttorney's

Office.

The new issue of Consumer's Report, Dec 2012, on page 25 rates retailers and Best Buy is at the bottom.

BrotherWitch

I was an employee of Best Buy back in 1996/97. I have made 2 purchases from BestBuy.com, and never will again.

There are countless reviews of their online service causing problems. Never use them. The stores are still good. And always bet the PRP/PSP (extended warrenty) as they will cover nearly anything that goes wrong.

But the online store? $^*#$ them. They suck. You want a good online vendor?

newegg.com. Been shopping with them since 2006, spent thousands. The few times I received a DOA item, it was replaced for free, they even took care of shipping both ways.

In short, BestBuy stores good, bestbuy.com bad.

Try newegg.com instead. (Their charger cables are ridiculously cheap.)

Loss

Best buy. bad customer service

I went to best buy today in Gilbert, az. The store in williams field in the san tan mall. I was looking for a pay as you go cell phone with more on board memory than the one i have. I finally went to find someone after looking at the phones for about ten minutes since nobody came to ask me if i needed help. The associates were busy talking to each other and when i told them what i wanted the associate i was talking to said "well i would have to look at all of them" and walked away. He came back a bit later but by then i had found the store booklet that lists everything but when i asked about a certain phone he left again to look up the information but when he came back he said it had 1 gig of internal memory but the store information showed 512 mb. Then he was arguing with me and finally walked away again. By then i was mad but needed an ssd drive for my computer but i got a blank look from the girl in the computer department and had to tell her solid state drive and then she showed me the inly two they had. I left without buying anything and will go to Frys for the phone and the ssd drive.

BESTBUY - WORST Customer Service | Best Buy review from Tacoma, Washington

Best buy has the worst customer service in the world. Its the only place where it takes 20 misn to reach a rep and the rep disconnects the phone on you. It happened not once but multiple times. I have wasted at least 5-6 hrs trying to get an answer from their customer service. After waiting for 1/2 hr on phone, they disconnect and I have to start all over again. WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST company ever. NEVER BUY FROM BESTBUY.COM. I hate best buy. They don't even have a link to provider feedback

Recently, my laptop died, I needed to replace it. The area that this store is located in also has the following stores that carry computers and electronic items: Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club and Target.

I went to Best Buy 1st only because the other stores were “packed” with people. When we entered the store we were greeted by an employee passing out sale information. We went directly to the computer section and started looking. There was another gentleman on the same isle looking at laptops too. This gentleman stepped away and returned with an employee. Naturally we assumed after he finished helping him he would help us. We found a computer that would meet our needs at a price we thought was fair. Well……this employee stated that this was not his department and he would get someone to help this gentleman. The employee went and spoke with someone 2 isles over, he even pointed to the gentleman that had requested assistance. Naturally we assumed this person would come and help. To our surprise he walked a different direction. My wife went to the front of the store and asked to have someone come to our area for assistance. Again, the store was not busy the GEEK SQUAD area had a number of people being assisted but there were sales associates all over the store talking with each other or just standing and looking around.

We left the store and visited Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club. They did not have what we wanted in stock. If they would have had the computer we wanted we would have purchased it even at a higher price…

After returning home I went online and ordered the machine “for pick-up at the store”. We returned to pick up the machine within 1 hour, went to the register area and had to wait for 2 of the cashers to finish talking about what their work hours for the week were before they acknowledged we were standing in front of them. One of these cashiers checked us out. (see attached receipt).

Based on the LACK OF SERVICE that I received I am inclined to pay more money at another local store. This bothers me because there are other items I saw while in the store that I would be interested in purchasing at prices that are what I considered fair. However, CUSTOMER SERVICE is important to me as I’m spending money that I have worked for. It’s time to teach your employees that without people like us they will be without jobs.

I'd have to concur. In the last 2 years Best Buy has fallen quite far.

When I ordered from them in the past with there 2-4 day shipping I had products delivered to me in 2 days from across the country. Now it's shipped from only 2 states away and takes 2 weeks to arrive which incase you need a breakdown is greater than 2-4 days as they site claims. Should you then contact customer support for tracking or other info it'll take ya 10-20min just to get through automation as its incoherent and sounds like shes eating the mic. Then if you get a real person theyll tell you they cant help you and thats after you called seven times to be hung up on already.

Now my package finally shows up and its not even at my door like last time. It was shoved and crammed into my mailbox wrecking the case. Tried to contact BB about this, quess how far I got?? Scrw Best Buy, never again.

Brian Dunn your a failure. Go Amazon in the future!

Best Buy has deceptive practices

Don't buy your software at best buy. They add auto renew features on all software purchased. The note to renew states "Your Kaspersky Protection Plan is at risk of being cancelled because you credit card on file is expiring soon. Please online at: Best Buy Portal What they do not say is that it is not your credit card expiring its that they want you to sign up for autro renew and the message will start 60 days prior to the software expiring and you can not turn off the message. The customer serive is phone only, no IM or email to use. It has been 35 miunutes on hold.

This chain needs serious help. I am writing this only because they are an American company that we need to support if at all possible.

But watch them closely before you give them money. They have been notorious for years for denying refunds.

Anything I can buy elsewhere I do, but sometimes that is not possible......last week tried to buy Photoshop Elements and they handed me Premiere Elements instead without flicking an eyelash. They finally found correct product after a long wait(they were only ones in town with it at all) but a sad experience for a customer.....the new proactive sales method where they hover constantly is not appealing either....hope they change because at one time they were a great store....guess walmart.com has taken a lot of their biz...

It's not best buy it is the software company. if you buy from kaspersky.com it is the same way you have to deselect the auto-renewal button.

Bestbuy.com ISN'T RELIABLE | Best Buy review from Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo

BESTBUY.COM DID NOT DELIVERED MY PURCHASE AND NEVER GIVE MY MONEY BACK !!!!! Hi Cathryn, Tks for you feedback. The iPad serial number that I have is DYTHWVPEDJ8R as you can see in the picutre attached.   Would please help me to get the difference between the wi-fi x 4G that I did't received?   Also I never get the iPad cover 'cause it wasn't available at the store on the moment that my friend pick it to me and bestbuy.com is charging me for that as well.   Tks, Leonardo Alcantara --- Em dom, 16/9/12, BestBuy.com Customer Care escreveu: De: BestBuy.com Customer Care Assunto: Re: Return and Exchange Para: alcaleos@yahoo.com.br Data: Domingo, 16 de Setembro de 2012, 21:47 Hello Leonardo, I am sorry that you are having so much trouble with the purchase of your iPad. I checked your order and this is the description of you item SKU: 2708355 Apple® - The new iPad® with Wi-Fi + Cellular - 32GB (AT&T) - Black AT&T APPLE IPAD 32GB WIFI+LTE BLACK. The model number that I show for your iPad should be is MD367LL/A. If your model number is not the one I have stated, please contact Best Buy. com at 1-888-237-8289, so that we can price match you to the model you currently have. Our records show several interactions that indicate that you have attempted to contact us in reference to this matter. Our notes suggest that we first will have to verify that the model you received is not the one that you currently have in order to issue you a refund. We will be glad to help you in this matter as soon as we can verify the information requested. Thank you for contacting us in reference to this matter, we hope to hear from you soon. Have a great week! Best Regards, Cathryn Best Buy Customer Care Original Message Follows: ------------------------ Unfortunately this email do not solve my problem. Please see my msg below: I'm very disappointed with bestbuy.com !!! I ordered an iPad with wi-fi + 4G (BBY01-485286011490) but the one delivered it was a wrong one without 4G !!! I already call several times to Best Buy (tool free) but nobody solve the problem. I want the return to my credit card of the difference between the wi-fi x 4G that I did't received. Also I never get the iPad cover 'cause it wasn't available at the store on the moment that my friend pick it to me and bestbuy.com is charging me for that as well. This is very bad and I want my money back !!! Can somebody please solve this problem ??? Tks, Leonardo Alcantara  Phone: +55 22 2105 1734 Mobile: +55 22 9817 1689 Em 13/09/2012, às 22:03, BestBuy.com Customer Care escreveu: > Best Buy Customer, > > This message was automatically generated in an attempt to answer your question as quickly as possible. > > If you have questions about Best Buy?s Return policy, you can find this by going to BestBuy.com and choosing Returns & Refunds. > > If this email does not answer your concerns please reply to this email. > > Thank You. > Best Buy Customer Care > > > Best Buy Customer Care 1-888-237-8289 for immediate assistance

Best Buy??

I see all these complaints about Best Buy. Ive been working at Best Buy for over 3 years now. You guys do not see our point on the other end of the counter. We have a policy to follow just like most businesses do. The policy is clearly posted on the back of your receipt. When it comes to Geek Squad protection our motto is clear "If we can't fix it then it will be replaced". So just because you purchased a $500 TV and a $100 dollar protection plan doesnt mean we are going to give you a new TV. It simply means we will try to fix the issue and if we are unsucessful then you qualify for a new TV. If you upgrade to a new TV you will have to pay the difference. When it comes to answering phones that is our job as well. Just like customers come in store and want to purchase things customers call on the phone and would like to purchase things as well. Besides it would be rude to speak to you in person with a phone ringing while we are trying to conversate. Overall I think people need to be more considerate of Best Buy. We do our job to help but everything is not always going to go you're way if that was the case we wouldnt have rules or policies.

Office.

Oh yeah - The person that commented about cell phones....dude25 is absolutely right. Best Buy is only a reseller.

If you have a problem with your service, or with the actual phone not working....what do you think they can do about it? They did just what the Verizon place did, sell you what you wanted. You just happened to finally choose a decent model by the time you got to Verizon. Do your research before you buy a phone, read reviews, find out what\'s a pretty box and what\'s a functional phone.

Employees aren\'t generally going to do that for you because too many people are brand loyal, so when an employee says \"well, actually, the new model of {blank} phones aren\'t that great, but this one is\' people don\'t want to hear their brand put down, even if it\'s true. So employees are sick of getting their heads bitten off and sell you want you want. And that isn\'t always what you need. People that come into the store with an attitude, expecting to get screwed, or lied to, or cheated, will get sold what they want and no more.

You want attention and service, be polite.

It isn\'t a lot to ask. Well, you wouldn\'t think it was.

RegularBuyer, how was the Geek Squad Tech able to find your husbands name at all if everything had your name on it as you say? Did he, perhaps, bring the thing in for service and not you? That would be one reason names wouldn't match. Was the receipt you held in your husbands name? There are many people with the same last names, and you woudn't believe the amount of lost receipts laying around to be picked up. Knowing how the service policy works, unless you are not telling something, there is just no way for it to have worked out like you said.

Good luck with your police report, everything you or your husband signed is in Best Buys computers. As soon as things don't match, you have wasted everyone's time. Oh, and now that you have threated them with police action, they no longer are allowed to speak to you. That's another "policy" you will find across pretty much any retail store. You'll have to have your lawyers talk to theirs from now on.

@Staples guy....maybe it isn't you, but EVERY Staples I have been in to, I have only been able to get ANY attention from a sales person when I come in dressed in business clothes. If I come in wearing jeans, I can't pry the time of day from them with a cattle prod and crowbar. I always wondered if they trained employees to help the people that looked like they had money first, and if they had time, they could help other people if they wanted to.

Policies are fine, but when the paperwork has typos entered by YOUR GEEKS you can't try to stick your policy as an excuse. What the store did to me today has one simple name: THEFT.

I paid for a tablet and service plan with MY Card, I dropped it off for service, The Geek confirmed my last name and phone number, I signed the ticket---I go pick it up and the Geek refused to give me the equipment because "the name didn't match".---REALLY?? I proved I bought it and have the receipt and card, my signature (on the card and in person) matches the ticket and they are still holding it hostage because the incompetent geek chose my husband's name over mine???

Get a clue and some customer service skills. I am filing a police report in the morning.

@Regular Buyer who understands

Why don't you bring your husband in. The police will tell you that because nothings been stolen from you really. You're overreacting.

*** you Ni GG ER Doug.

PS... FA gg ot :cry

I know what you mean, I work at Staples and we help people as much as we can, just customers are lazy. I had someone yesterday walk in the store and come up to the tech counter where I was helping a customer with their computer and says "Is there anyone working here?" and I asked him what he needed help with and he says "I need to you help me find an envelope." I told him I can meet him when I'm finished or I'll send someone that way.

He turned around and said "That doesn't help me now." The guy I was already helping quietly laughed and I saw the office supply employee next to the phone in the office supply side so I called and told her the older gentlemen was coming, then when he left he walked by with his envelopes and said "Thanks for nothing". He should be able to read the 8 ft sign that says "Envelopes and Labels" and look without needing spoonfed and burped.

Verizon dude total Dumb ***

I have shopped Best Buy for years and have always been taken care of. They are only a reseller for cell phones. If you have a problem with the phone you should take it to your provider.

Best Buy only cares that you buy from them and then they could give a *** about you. We upgraded our Verizon phones with new smart phones on 7-29-12.

the NEXT day, i had issues and after spending 3 hours AGAIN I got a new phone. 4 weeks later, i again had issues they sell reject SAMSUNG phones, and i got a new sim card. 3 issues in 5 weeks. Now 3 weeks after that, both my wifes and my phones are giving us troubles, we go into BB and the young sales guys say we need to come back tomorrow and talk the mobile manager.

after talking to the mobile mgr, store mrg adn then an area director, all say it's after 30 days. They really back their products. I then went to Verizon store adn after only 20 minutes, they will switch us to a new Motorola phone which we both love. THANK YOU VERIZON store In Appleton, Wi.

at least you care about your customer. Never shop at Best Buy.

View more comments (9)

Restocking fee | Best Buy review from Bronxville, New York

Im of 2008 I purchased camcorder from BEST BUY and camcorder was damaged so surly next day I took the camcorder back to BEST BUY and they would indefinitely would charge me the restocking fee around $59 and I protested against buy supervisor name BILL would not listen anything. I asked for just another same product but not the one which is damaged and I was told that i still have to pay restocking fee. since there was no other manager which i could have speak to so I got mad and left the old camcorder there and got out of the store. Since I have made this purchase on the store card they hit me with restocking fee. Next day i went back to see if i can speak to someone else but no better luck again and i finally asked for return of the original camcorder but they told me that it already has been shipped back to the warehouse. Now they are really pushing me. I was keep disputing this restocking fee charge with them and then they turn it over to collection agency where I paid them $225 and I was told that we will not post this on your credit report. Now years later i am buying a house and I pulled up my credit report this has been reported as a collection on my credit. After all this I called BEST BUY and their card service but they are not going to take this off from my credit report. I am so so frustrated after spending hours of hours on the phone with them and still no resolution.

4 years later? Really? SMH

Yeah, it's stange how when you don't pay your bills, it affects your credit. Weird...

BEST BUY

What best buy has with their customers is very disrespectful. You tell them you want to get on the waiting list for the iPhone 5 and they tell you to get in line to ask. After waiting 2 hours and a half they tell you the waiting list for the iPhone 5 is closed. Please inform your personal better to tell their customers everything from the very beginning because no one goes there to waste their time NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT HAPPENS, every time I go to that store I have a problem and am a customer of Best Buy for many years BEST BUY MIAMI WEST KENDALL COSTUMER

Price matching | Best Buy review from Toronto, Ontario

More like DOOSHBAGS, but they changed it to 'Best Buy' for marketing reasons. I called them on the price matching; DVD was $14 but $10 at Wal-mart. they would not honour it. they said it had to be verified that the price was $10 AND that the item was actually in stock at the competing store. ROACHES ! why did we even let them into Canada? we already had FutureShop. bottom line: DON'T GIVE THESE CLOWNS YOUR MONEY ! GO TO WAL-MART ! (this store was located in Richmond Hill, right next to the Wal-Mart.. avoid like the plague !).
Patrick

wow.. you think you can just call Best Buy and tell them a price and they're supposed to just take your word for it?

I guess I'll look at a $1000 flat screen TV and hopefully they'll take my word for it that it's only $800 at Walmart. *** ***.

I'm sure Best Buy is devastated they won't be getting any more of your business. You're Wal-Mart's problem now.

futureshop and bestbuy are the same company. Their policy on pricematching is clearly detailed on their website. you're ignorant for not doing your research.

View more comments (2)

Best Buy

On 07/07/2012 I purchased Sony DVD player for my autistic son Anthony. At the time I paid extra for a Best Buy warranty, knowing that Anthony without a portable DVD player would NOT be a good thing. You see, this is NOT just entertainment for him, but, because of his disability, a necessary tool for him to be able to function outside of his home. This tool offers a distraction to sensory issues around him that would normally trigger a negative reaction. On Wednesday September 26, 2012, LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS, from the purchase date this item discontinued working. I assured Anthony that it would be alright, and we headed directly to your store, where it was purchased. Upon arrival I went to the service desk with the DVD player and my original receipt. The young lady took my information then took the DVD player to the back of the store where it was examined. She came out and told me that since it was only recently purchased that it would be exchanged out. So Anthony and I went to the back of the store and spoke to another young man who found a comparable DVD and radioed that information to the front. We took that item to the front, Anthony was very happy and excited that his beloved DVD player was being replaced. When we arrived back at the service desk there was another young lady who AGAIN asked for our information and AGAIN had to examine the DVD player being returned. She brought out another guy, who said "oh no, this will be sent in for repair." We then had to go to another area, wait for your system to come online and give our information AGAIN. If this isn't frustrating enough, I then had to explain to my autistic son that in fact no they will not replace his DVD player, BUT it will be gone for a MONTH!?

@JohnT

Absolutely correct John!

If not having a DVD is that big of a problem then you should have a couple of DVD players to use if one breaks down.

@Dude25

What a wonderful idea... wonder why I didn't think of that...

DUH!!! And then I can be out $400.00 instead of just $99.00 because they would ALL be in for inadequate repair!

@deedee2062

FYI... Item should have been returned and replaced under their return policy.

If you actually bothered to read your warranty paperwork, it would clearly state your item would be either fixed or they would provide you with a refurbished one. Nowhere on it does it state you get to get a new one off the shelf.

@Simon

Then I should NOT have been told by the employee in the store in front of my autistic son to go get one. I was NEVER given paperwork. Just verbally informed by the employee.

@Simon

FYI... Item should have been returned and replaced under their return policy.

Patrick

calm down. get him some video games.

@Patrick

*** comment by someone who is quite ignorant of the disability.

View more comments (10)