Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I was assured before shopping that the policy is to take personal checks. I selected items worth more than 1000.00 in electronics. The sales people and manager (Reggie) was very helpful. I am a senior citizen and wanted to make the purchase with a personal check. I...

I have worked in retail. Many Companies use Telecheck because they take the lose on any returned check and have to do the collecting.

The business pays for that service so they will not have to eat uncollectable bad checks.

Since Telecheck is the one who is taking a risk with the check then they have the right of refusal. So don't blame Best Buys.

View more comments
Service
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy review in Honolulu, Hawaii: I hate Geek Squad and it's a waste of money

These *** get no stars. I am so fed up with them I don't know what to do. I will never use this service again. I have been through *** and back with their phone black tie service. 1st the guy that sold me the phone told me if I didn't use it at all I would get my money back at the end of the contract. Not true. They had the wrong phone number for me that I have never even had. Everytime I go into the store I am there no less than 2 hours. They have constantly done wrong the entire contract. I sent out a phone with them and they sent me back a completely different phone. I have updated my information 10 times and it has never been updated. They can never locate my contract. They still have me listed in Georgia and I have been in Hawaii for 1 year. Everytime I exchange a phone they enter it into the computer improperly and I am charged on my bill for an upgrade, so I have to call Sprint. Yes they credit it back, but *** why can't it be done right the 1 st time. Now I they lost my phone and have had it for 3 weeks and I am stuck with a loaner. I have now been transfered twice and have been on the phone for 40 minutes. I *** HATE THEM AND I WOULD RATHER SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY WITH SPRINT THAN TO GO THROUGH THIS BULL *** AGAIN. $9.99 A MONTH FOR BULL ***
Alan C

Asurion is the company who administers the plans. The stores are out of the loop.

Your contract says they can send you an equivalent or reconditioned phone - that clause is old news.

When a BBY "clerk" says "it does this or covers this," given the enormity of complaints and given that BBY does not administer contracts, why would ANY consumer listen? Phone insurance, given the conditions, doesn't pay.

The company I work for also ran a promotion like that if you didn't use the plan at all you'd get your money back...the thing is calling the warranty company for any reason qualifies as using it.

Calling them for support, registering the plan, getting it sent out or looked at etc.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Best Buy review in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts: Don't Buy a Cell Phone Here!

Wife bought an Iphone4 just before the Iphone5 was released. Attempted to exchange within their 30 day period but they would not allow because it wasn't physically in the store yet even though willing to wait. Associates rude and _argumentative. Had to settle for a 4s. Not happy! Was in the store for more than 3hours. Best Buy tried to blame Verizon but when I got a Verizon supervisor.on the phone the Best Buy manager refused to speak with her. Have never had such bad customer service. Shop her maybe but will definitely buy elsewhere! Manager also failed to chastise associates unprofessional behavior.

Customer service in Best Buy cell phone store area is atrocious. Their system is simply not working. It can take an hour just to get questions answered. The display is trash. The phones are trashed. Things are not priced or priced correctly. The computers and people are slow.

They do enough business to increase the staff and display area rather than forming lines longer than the checkout aisle at a supermarket.

Be Aware and set aside ALOT of time if you plan on doing cell phone business at the Best Buy in Springfield, Pennsylvania.

You didn't know that a new iPhone was coming out???

Frankly just stick with the 4S, it's cheaper and fine for your needs.

I have worked in retail for years, customers always feel that an employee is rude and argumentative when they don't get what they want, regardless of how polite the employee has been.

I have heard Best Buy's sell and they tell you no matter what they will be happy to exchange in 30 days unconditionally. Just as they sell their Black Tie warranty.

Well I can tell you from experience they can talk the talk, BUT are UNABLE TO WALK THE WALK.

My advice is walk far away from Best Buy. There are plenty of other competitors who are willing to price match, but they will stand by their warranty!

Like the others said, how can you exchange or an item not one store in the world had yet at the time?

***.

Patrick

that's your fault for buying the 4S without knowing that the 5 is coming out. how could you not know?

everyone talks about it like they want to make love to it.

besides, it won't be much different than the phone your dumb wife choose anyway. you're both *** for getting a junk phone.

So you wanted to exchange your phone for a phone that wasn't in the store? And you're upset that couldn't happen? Which store do you shop at that allows you to exchange items for items that they don't have?

View more comments (5)

Best Buy review in Wayne, Michigan: Customer Service for cell phone issue

Had a smart phone under black tie warranty. Went through 4 replacements with each being defective. They gave me a loaner that ended up changing my unlimited data package to a limited. Told me they would correct it but discovered later it had not been corrected. Wrote to customer service and "***" responded stating only correspondence to them from me would have to be faxed to their legal department because I threatened legal action. My "legal" action was I had threatened to report them to the better business bureau and attorney general for changing my phone plan without my consent. Now they refuse to talk to me at all, I am stuck with a phone that is not functioning properly with a *** data package. I attempted to go in to have them help me and they refused-even refused to warranty my phone stating I was using too many apps on my phone.

Is there actually an email address for complaints? Would you share it w/me?

I have bought a laptop, an iPad, a Kindle, etc all in the past year and never got rewarded for any of it.

I think they have a wrong name and correct name and address for me and someone with the number they're using has been getting credit. I was never sent a Reward card after I requested one 3 times.

I have not had a rewarding experience w/this company. There customer service is doing them in.

Legal action was never threatened. And reporting it to BBB and Attorney General is not legal action.

It is just making a complaint and nothing more.

And yes they did change by plan. They apologized after they realized they did it and said they corrected it, but my bad, because I did not actually go back online and verify my plan had been corrected.

I guess they did stop talking to you if you said you were taking legal action. That is their right if you are taking legal action.

First off they could not change your plan. You would have to do that.

So knock yourself out complaining to the BBB and Attorney General. You will only make yourself looc dumb because they will not believe you either.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Best Buy Shipping is the WORST!!!

Shipping date confirmed but not honored. 2 weeks late! Ship date on line stated 9/26. Verbal confirmation stated 9/26. Less than 3 hours later an email was sent to change delivery date to 10/1. Called customer svc and was told it was moved to 10/4 and that wasn't even confirmed!! Then rep tried to tell me this was special order item and it was posted on line as such. IT ABSOLUTELY was not. I specifically ordered from this company because of the early delivery date. And of course they don't have the notes of yesterday's conversation in their computer so they don't know who confirmed the 9/26 date. How convenient. All they could tell me was no one SHOULD HAVE told us that. And that someone SHOULD HAVE looked further into the order and they WOULD HAVE discovered the extended delivery date and that's what we SHOULD HAVE been told. Absolutely RIDICULOUS. After spending $5,300 and being delayed 2 weeks for a corporate order, all we get is SHOULD HAVE and WOULD HAVE. Didn't even strike them in the least to lose a major corporate buyer. Their loss.

They can only estimate the shipping time. If they did not have the product in stock at the time your shipping date will change.

I can not believe any respectable business allows you to order for them and if you own the business I hope I do not have the misfortune of buying from you. If they can not ship when you want cancel the order a shop somewhere else.

Best Buy review in Antioch, California: You used to have great service

Ordered new phone battery on Aug. 25. Assured would be here by 9/5. Had to call store to find out if order had arrived. Store operator was incredibly bored ("yeah, come pick it up....") and now I'm wondering if I should call back and make sure order is ready to pick up. I used to be able to depend on Best Buy for much better service than this. As for your demand to send a minimum of 100 words.....well, here you go....wow, how bizarre your service has become. ....wow, how bizarre your service has become. ....wow, how bizarre your service has become.

What do you expect people on this board to do? If they said it was ready what do you want an engraved invitation to pick it up.

Patrick

yeah, you're the bizarre one. I didn't know great service was all about how a person spoke to you on the phone.

What's bizzare is you writing here trying to decide if you should call and make sure the order is ready to pick up. Wouldn't it have been quicker to just call them lol.

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • better service

LACK of customer service at Best Buys

We bought a washer, dryer and dishwasher from Best Buys about a month ago. They sent me an e-mail the following Wednesday saying they would call between 7-9 PM Friday to set up a delivery time. Then they sent me the same e-mail on Thursday and again on Friday. I waited, they never called. When I called the store on Saturday asking when they were going to deliver they said it would be between noon and 4PM that day (Saturday). I asked what happened to the call on Friday and they said that they had left a message at noon that day. The idea of this tactic is that when they tell you the time you will have no input into if you are going to be able to be there or not. It is that simple, you are either there or you don't get it. When they showed up to deliver and install the appliances the installer was in a bad mood and swore the entire time. During the installation they managed to crack in half the drain pan that the washing machine was sitting in, scratch the face of the dishwasher, crack the pipe from the drain to the sewer for the dishwasher connection, they did not install the venting from the dryer to the outside of the house correctly (I am afraid to use the dryer for fear it will catch the house on fire) and the dishwasher dryer cycles does not work. We have called the store several times to complain and to get this issue resolved and they keep saying that the manager will call me back and he never has (it has been 3 weeks). They keep putting me in touch with the sales man who does not have the authority to do anything. I finally found out about a division they have called the Public Defender who I was told has the authority to do all kinds of magical things (another lie). When I called he apologized (as they all do) and then he set the wheels in motion (as he put it) to get the issue resolved. The problem is now that he is off for the next 2 days (I hope it was 2 days and not 2 weeks) and that nobody else is allowed to continue on with resolving my problem on getting a delivery time set up till he gets back on Wednesday. I can only guess that because he is off they are going to close all of the stores and offices till he gets back. He must be the only one with any authority to do anything. The entire company must be waiting on him for everything. When he does get back on Wednesday and tries to set up a delivery they will already be booked solid and the will schedule me for the end of the day. Also, they give you a 4 hour time window and expect you to be there waiting on them the entire time! We have done this for 3 weekends now and still have not had any results. I can only imagine how bad a shape Best Buys must be in when he goes on vacation! The second mistake I made was putting this on a Best Buys charge (the first was buying it from Best Buys). You have no rights to dispute this with the credit company if it is on a Best Buy card. Normally I would just tell VISA (or whoever) that I am disputing the charge and Best Buys would not get a penny till the issue was resolved. It is not worth a 10% discount when they destroy your home. Anything that I saved and more will be spent fixing all the problems they have caused and trying to get the bad appliances they supplied replaced. If you look at the Investors Report you will see that their number one goal is to expanding into China, not to improve customer service. This is because they have ruined their reputation in this country and are hoping that the people in China will be *** enough to accept their policies and not question their authority. I have no idea what I can do to resolve this issue promptly since the guy handling my case is off for the next couple of days. The store manager refuses to call anybody back at any time, they will not assign my case to somebody else to resolve and they will not get a General Manager or District Manager involved or allow me to contact them. I am guessing they want me to pursue this as a legal matter. I can why Best Buys is having financial difficulties and will soon be following the same path as Circuit City. It fault for not buying the appliances at Lowes or someplace else to begin with.

We were very plesant to the installer (no matter what you think). When he arrived he was in a foul mood.

He actually was in a better mode when he left. And the problem with 2 MORE days is that we KEEP getting told in a day or two in a day or two in a day or two. BEST BUYS NEVER FOLLOWS THROUGH. Nobody would expect everything to be put on hold becasue somebody has a day off (if they do then they are fools).

The idea of the Public Defenders department is to speed things up, not to add another layer of *** that you have to go through.

We have had to wait on them for 3 weekend for 4 hours each time. Will it ever end?

Yes it will because we are taking them to court. Hopefully I can help run them out of business.

With the way you were acting over the phone I am sure you made it unpleasent for the installer and he wanted to get out as soon as possible. I know you were not nice to him. If you waited 3 weeks what is 2 more days.

View more comments (1)

Best Buy review in Kissimmee, Florida: NO refund of Top Up Cards

Purchase date May, 11 2012. Return date to Best Buy, May 23, 2012. Call for refund to Virgin Mobile May 32, 2012 Cell phone , memory card, accessories and top-up cards were purchased and activated at Best Buy store in Ocala, Fl. After trying evrything, to get the Motorola Triumph cell phone to function reliably and without broken and dropped calls, I retiurned the purchases to Best Buy. This was after many frustrating days ineffective support from Virgin Mobile. They would not admit 34471 was a partial dead zone. Consumers should be warned. Placed a call to Virgin mobile for a refund of top-up cards, 2 cards valued at $45 each, and two cards valued at $10 each. I was assured I would recieve a refundin 4-6 weeks. The card serial numbers were provided to Virgin Mobile. Best Buy was also advised to warn customers about this issue with Virgin Mobile. I simply want the money returned. All toll, I spent over $600 dollars that day for a product and service that does not exist. AS best as I can determine, and based on the number of complaints veiwed on the enternet; the intent of Virgin Mobile is to make a fast buck and move on. I do not expect to see my money, nor do I expect Virgin Mobile to be anything but a passing memory.
Review

Worst costumer service at best buy

I purchased some home appliances at best buy on the 24th of august , and was promised delivery on the memorial day , I specially asked tare you sure on labour day , she said if it is okay in the system than they will deliver , than I receive a call that they can't because it was a holiday , so I said no problem , the assured me delivery on the Tuesday at 7.30am , I receive a call at 7am telling me that they had to reschedule to Thursday , at that point I wad very anxious because both delivery dates where made by them not me , so I asked or a manger , he says we can't do anything with the delivery but come to the store and i will ive you fit certificate for $50. , I thought that was an insult , as I am a parent and moving in a new oe and néed the appliances , I asked to speak to a supervisor , she called me after sometime and was extremely rude to me due to my accent , and hung up the phone in my face when I tried to explain to her my story she even made fun of me , I am very disappointed in the costlier service they provide having people working for them like that , I should not be treated different because of my race, colour etc , I had to cancel my order and will take my business else where .

Update by user May 04, 2014

Hello Everyone,

After this post being up and due to all the pressure and word of mouth, I got a call from BB corporate sometime in Spring 2013.

Long story short - after listening to my complaint the customer service manager offered to send me a replacement TV, so as to pu...

Phone insurance is ripoff they do not honor claims or drag it out for days saying they can't find it

View more comments