Filter by rating :
filters

Say Bye Bye to Best Buy

Say Bye Bye to Best Buy Let's say bye bye to Best Buy and send them the way of Circuit City! Today I got an E-mail from Best Buy that read "Need help with your order?" "You left an item in your cart". If I could have, I would have written back and said, "You have lost an item in your head between your ears". You see the day before I went to order a computer on line and was told it was unavailable for shipping, to pick it up at my local store. The problem was my computer told me, the computer I wanted to purchase, was unavailable in none of my local stores. So crossing my fingers, I called the closet store which was Beaumont, Texas. One customer service person told me sorry, then solicited me to purchase something else. I told her that was called a Bait and Switch tactic. She did not have a clue as to what I was talking about. The store manager initially was very helpful and polite too in telling me, "Sorry we just sold the only one we had 10 minutes ago". When I got upset, and did the, "Yeah Right Thingy!", he politely hung up on me. Then … Just when I should have quit when I was spiritually and mentally defeated, I did a dumb thing and called the Best Buy National Number. There I was soundly trounced, skewered and barbecued. Not with nastiness or impropriety, but with pleasantry, and truth. The national representative who works for best buy told me, "I get this same complaint all the time from lots of people who are as angry as you are. I agree with you, it is wrong for Best Buy to advertise an item and then not have it available." He went on to empathize with me explaining how he understood the time I spent researching and choosing a computer, going through the ordering process only to be stonewalled. Of course he did not offer any resolution to the problem. My impression was he knew there was no resolution. Obviously … I remain a glutton for punishment since I am writing this open letter to the world at large. Although frustrated and angry, I intend to persevere if for no other reason than to simply not let Best Buy or any other money grubbing operation to do that to me. Oh by the way, the BBB has had almost 10,000 complaints against BB in the last 3 years. Remember the price of consumer freedom is eternal vigilance!

That manager was an exception. Providing good service will get him fired.

Uninformed customers need to learn what bait and switch actually means...offering an alternative is not bait and switch.

Complaints about computers will be coming in from all retailers around this time...especially around when a new operating system comes out they all sell out of the old OS computers and can't sell the new OS computers till the release date of the OS.

This is what happens when there is no competitors.. Microsoft has Apple so when a new OS comes out there is no alternative for a computer you must wait till the new one comes out. And when best buy goes out of business the company that everyone goes to can do the same thing and in the end can literally tell its customers to *** if you don't like it where else will you go.

ShuutokuTentei

UPDATE: Say Bye Bye To Best Buy ...

This is most certainly my week for the unexpected. As well, I know those of you who read this self update after consuming my initial complaint cannot help but think that I was bought off, originally substantially in error, or threatened by a platoon of Jack Booted Geek Squad members.

Yet, I assure you, it is none of the preceding. I am in fact the author of the foregoing complaint. What happened simply is that my letter of complaint caught another Managers attention. A different manager from the Beaumont, Texas store called, was sincerely apologetic, then asked me to allow him a few hours to locate the computer I wanted.

He actually called back within minutes telling me he had located my computer in Lake Charles, Louisiana and it would be here locally in 2 days to pick it up. I could not be more pleased that someone took the proverbial bull by the horns and actually made an effort to service a customer. Please forgive my lack of passion, and ill timed sarcasm as I have become a bit jaded. Truly … Kudos to Arthur the manager who did in minutes what no one even made an effort to do.

In closing, I suppose I could just let my original complaint stand without an update, but for me that would be as bad as what was originally done to me. As a consumer, and a merchant myself, I feel it critically important that merchants feet be held to the fire.

However, I feel it twice as important, in spirit and truth, to report when a merchant does take responsibility and make things right. As they say two wrongs do not make a right, and two rights are a beginning to keeping the circle complete.

View more comments (2)
Service
Best Buy Shipping Service
Tags
  • customer service person

Instead of feeling good about buying a new tv i left pissed off n tired!! | Best Buy review from Seattle, Washington

Entered the best buy store on 14th bryant at 5pm on Fri Oct 11th. After looking around for half hour , I settle on 1. The associate gets off his shift n passes me over to another guy who I have to wait on. On asking a question he assumes I want to buy it n take it with me(although I have a bicycle in tow)!! After selecting the tv and wall bracket, I am then passed on to the supervisor who is finding trouble on finding delivery dates. So, this us where I am quoted $1260 for tv, bracket, installation, delivery and insurance. After an hour of waiting, I go outside to smoke. Come back in and finally they have it sorted out. But, alas as the supervisor (who seems to know the least of the people around him), quotes me $1650. He forgot to add the installation or something. So here I am 2 hours later with the option to pay $400 more than I was quoted . Although he took $100 off his attitude was a very "don't give a ***" one. Customer service is the job he's in, learn to deal with people. I bought the tv cos I'm the one gonna lose out if not. He's not gonna lose any sleep over wasting nearly 3 hours of my evening. And this. Will not be in a hurry to go back there ever again. Yours, Another pissed off customer.

If you don't have a quote in writing then its not a quote...where I work we price match you should see the people coming in saying "this place is offering it for x" well I'll be glad to match the price however I will need a print out of their quote that details the same specifications you want the job to be done on.

Its also why when someone asks for a quick quote I say its about x...when its more well I told you I couldn't give an exact it was about

Mystery Spill In Laptop | Best Buy review from Bend, Oregon

Paid $35 to have my laptop which was not powering up put on the bench. Knew it was the power supply and suspected the slightly loose connection at the plug-in source. One week later, the tech at the 1-800 number says their service department says it's liquid in the motherboard and would cost over $1,000 to repair -- a $450 computer. They said we sometimes put in "crazy numbers" and to call the store I dropped it off at to find out more. Local stores says we don't know why it costs so much to repair -- that's something you'd have to ask the service department. Convenient disconnect they have going here between the local store and the service department. What's extremely odd is that I've NEVER spilled anything on or near this laptop. I've purchased 3 other laptops from Best Buy for family -- never again.

Most Best Buy consumers learn the hard way about their service department. Go to a local brick and mortar service shop.

Bad business practices! | Best Buy review from Seattle, Washington

My daughter and I went into the Federal Way WA Best Buy to purchase a laptop computer. There were several sales people around, but they did not seem interested in assisting customers. I had to walk over to a sales person and ask for assistance. I should not have bothered. She knew less about PC's than I did. She also could not wait to get away from us and get back to her cell phone. The second sales person I approached for assistance was full of piercings that interfered with her ability to speak. That really didn't matter as she knew less about computers than the first sales person. Both of their attitudes were terrible. It was obvious they did not want to be bothered. My daughter found a computer she wanted but we were told (after several minutes of searching for another sales person) that the computer was not available. However, they did have a return that we could purchase. The previous owner had changed their mind and the computer was just fine and had the full warranty. We purchased the computer. Once home, it was discovered that the keyboard did not work. We took it back and the Geek Squad evaluated it. They said the same computer was there a few days previously. Best Buy had sold us a computer that they knew did not work! To make matters worse, the credit for the computer did not appear in my back account for 6 days! I had to call Best Buy to find out where my credit was. They obviously held on to it because my bank stated no credit from Best Buy had been submitted. They are purposely holding on to my credit so they gain interest on the money. A bunch of thieves!!! They sold me a broken computer then kept my money for days!!! NEVER NEVER BUY ANYTHING AT BEST BUY!!!

Its funny how these Best Buy employees (mostly all teenagers) try to defend their less than honest company. There have been so many PROVEN deceptions that States'Attorneys had to get involved.

I believe that these kids are given paid time to post on websites like these.

File your complaints with your State Attorney's Office of Consumer Protection and continue to post on websites like this. Then send copies of the comments to the State'sAttorney's

Tags
  • sales person

Don't work with Best Buy they don't value customers

this is the last time I will buy from Best Buy. I purchased a camera from BestBuy.com and upon trying to use the camera it would not open and turn on. I went into the store and they said they couldn't help me because I bought it from their marketplace, meaning from one of their third party suppliers. I felt it I was completely unacceptable for them to push it onto them as my payment went to Best Buy not the third party. now I have to have the manufacturer try to repair the camera instead of getting a new one because too much time lapsed between finding out it was broken and trying to figure out how I could return it. I've spent over $3000 there in the last 3 years and this is the way I was treated, again, I'll never buy from them again

Office.

The new issue of Consumer's Report, Dec 2012, on page 25 rates retailers and Best Buy is at the bottom.

BrotherWitch

I was an employee of Best Buy back in 1996/97. I have made 2 purchases from BestBuy.com, and never will again.

There are countless reviews of their online service causing problems. Never use them. The stores are still good. And always bet the PRP/PSP (extended warrenty) as they will cover nearly anything that goes wrong.

But the online store? $^*#$ them. They suck. You want a good online vendor?

newegg.com. Been shopping with them since 2006, spent thousands. The few times I received a DOA item, it was replaced for free, they even took care of shipping both ways.

In short, BestBuy stores good, bestbuy.com bad.

Try newegg.com instead. (Their charger cables are ridiculously cheap.)

Loss

Best buy. bad customer service

I went to best buy today in Gilbert, az. The store in williams field in the san tan mall. I was looking for a pay as you go cell phone with more on board memory than the one i have. I finally went to find someone after looking at the phones for about ten minutes since nobody came to ask me if i needed help. The associates were busy talking to each other and when i told them what i wanted the associate i was talking to said "well i would have to look at all of them" and walked away. He came back a bit later but by then i had found the store booklet that lists everything but when i asked about a certain phone he left again to look up the information but when he came back he said it had 1 gig of internal memory but the store information showed 512 mb. Then he was arguing with me and finally walked away again. By then i was mad but needed an ssd drive for my computer but i got a blank look from the girl in the computer department and had to tell her solid state drive and then she showed me the inly two they had. I left without buying anything and will go to Frys for the phone and the ssd drive.

BESTBUY - WORST Customer Service | Best Buy review from Tacoma, Washington

Best buy has the worst customer service in the world. Its the only place where it takes 20 misn to reach a rep and the rep disconnects the phone on you. It happened not once but multiple times. I have wasted at least 5-6 hrs trying to get an answer from their customer service. After waiting for 1/2 hr on phone, they disconnect and I have to start all over again. WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST company ever. NEVER BUY FROM BESTBUY.COM. I hate best buy. They don't even have a link to provider feedback

Recently, my laptop died, I needed to replace it. The area that this store is located in also has the following stores that carry computers and electronic items: Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club and Target.

I went to Best Buy 1st only because the other stores were “packed” with people. When we entered the store we were greeted by an employee passing out sale information. We went directly to the computer section and started looking. There was another gentleman on the same isle looking at laptops too. This gentleman stepped away and returned with an employee. Naturally we assumed after he finished helping him he would help us. We found a computer that would meet our needs at a price we thought was fair. Well……this employee stated that this was not his department and he would get someone to help this gentleman. The employee went and spoke with someone 2 isles over, he even pointed to the gentleman that had requested assistance. Naturally we assumed this person would come and help. To our surprise he walked a different direction. My wife went to the front of the store and asked to have someone come to our area for assistance. Again, the store was not busy the GEEK SQUAD area had a number of people being assisted but there were sales associates all over the store talking with each other or just standing and looking around.

We left the store and visited Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club. They did not have what we wanted in stock. If they would have had the computer we wanted we would have purchased it even at a higher price…

After returning home I went online and ordered the machine “for pick-up at the store”. We returned to pick up the machine within 1 hour, went to the register area and had to wait for 2 of the cashers to finish talking about what their work hours for the week were before they acknowledged we were standing in front of them. One of these cashiers checked us out. (see attached receipt).

Based on the LACK OF SERVICE that I received I am inclined to pay more money at another local store. This bothers me because there are other items I saw while in the store that I would be interested in purchasing at prices that are what I considered fair. However, CUSTOMER SERVICE is important to me as I’m spending money that I have worked for. It’s time to teach your employees that without people like us they will be without jobs.

I'd have to concur. In the last 2 years Best Buy has fallen quite far.

When I ordered from them in the past with there 2-4 day shipping I had products delivered to me in 2 days from across the country. Now it's shipped from only 2 states away and takes 2 weeks to arrive which incase you need a breakdown is greater than 2-4 days as they site claims. Should you then contact customer support for tracking or other info it'll take ya 10-20min just to get through automation as its incoherent and sounds like shes eating the mic. Then if you get a real person theyll tell you they cant help you and thats after you called seven times to be hung up on already.

Now my package finally shows up and its not even at my door like last time. It was shoved and crammed into my mailbox wrecking the case. Tried to contact BB about this, quess how far I got?? Scrw Best Buy, never again.

Brian Dunn your a failure. Go Amazon in the future!

Best Buy has deceptive practices

Don't buy your software at best buy. They add auto renew features on all software purchased. The note to renew states "Your Kaspersky Protection Plan is at risk of being cancelled because you credit card on file is expiring soon. Please online at: Best Buy Portal What they do not say is that it is not your credit card expiring its that they want you to sign up for autro renew and the message will start 60 days prior to the software expiring and you can not turn off the message. The customer serive is phone only, no IM or email to use. It has been 35 miunutes on hold.

This chain needs serious help. I am writing this only because they are an American company that we need to support if at all possible.

But watch them closely before you give them money. They have been notorious for years for denying refunds.

Anything I can buy elsewhere I do, but sometimes that is not possible......last week tried to buy Photoshop Elements and they handed me Premiere Elements instead without flicking an eyelash. They finally found correct product after a long wait(they were only ones in town with it at all) but a sad experience for a customer.....the new proactive sales method where they hover constantly is not appealing either....hope they change because at one time they were a great store....guess walmart.com has taken a lot of their biz...

It's not best buy it is the software company. if you buy from kaspersky.com it is the same way you have to deselect the auto-renewal button.

Bestbuy.com ISN'T RELIABLE | Best Buy review from Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo

BESTBUY.COM DID NOT DELIVERED MY PURCHASE AND NEVER GIVE MY MONEY BACK !!!!! Hi Cathryn, Tks for you feedback. The iPad serial number that I have is DYTHWVPEDJ8R as you can see in the picutre attached.   Would please help me to get the difference between the wi-fi x 4G that I did't received?   Also I never get the iPad cover 'cause it wasn't available at the store on the moment that my friend pick it to me and bestbuy.com is charging me for that as well.   Tks, Leonardo Alcantara --- Em dom, 16/9/12, BestBuy.com Customer Care escreveu: De: BestBuy.com Customer Care Assunto: Re: Return and Exchange Para: alcaleos@yahoo.com.br Data: Domingo, 16 de Setembro de 2012, 21:47 Hello Leonardo, I am sorry that you are having so much trouble with the purchase of your iPad. I checked your order and this is the description of you item SKU: 2708355 Apple® - The new iPad® with Wi-Fi + Cellular - 32GB (AT&T) - Black AT&T APPLE IPAD 32GB WIFI+LTE BLACK. The model number that I show for your iPad should be is MD367LL/A. If your model number is not the one I have stated, please contact Best Buy. com at 1-888-237-8289, so that we can price match you to the model you currently have. Our records show several interactions that indicate that you have attempted to contact us in reference to this matter. Our notes suggest that we first will have to verify that the model you received is not the one that you currently have in order to issue you a refund. We will be glad to help you in this matter as soon as we can verify the information requested. Thank you for contacting us in reference to this matter, we hope to hear from you soon. Have a great week! Best Regards, Cathryn Best Buy Customer Care Original Message Follows: ------------------------ Unfortunately this email do not solve my problem. Please see my msg below: I'm very disappointed with bestbuy.com !!! I ordered an iPad with wi-fi + 4G (BBY01-485286011490) but the one delivered it was a wrong one without 4G !!! I already call several times to Best Buy (tool free) but nobody solve the problem. I want the return to my credit card of the difference between the wi-fi x 4G that I did't received. Also I never get the iPad cover 'cause it wasn't available at the store on the moment that my friend pick it to me and bestbuy.com is charging me for that as well. This is very bad and I want my money back !!! Can somebody please solve this problem ??? Tks, Leonardo Alcantara  Phone: +55 22 2105 1734 Mobile: +55 22 9817 1689 Em 13/09/2012, às 22:03, BestBuy.com Customer Care escreveu: > Best Buy Customer, > > This message was automatically generated in an attempt to answer your question as quickly as possible. > > If you have questions about Best Buy?s Return policy, you can find this by going to BestBuy.com and choosing Returns & Refunds. > > If this email does not answer your concerns please reply to this email. > > Thank You. > Best Buy Customer Care > > > Best Buy Customer Care 1-888-237-8289 for immediate assistance

Best Buy??

I see all these complaints about Best Buy. Ive been working at Best Buy for over 3 years now. You guys do not see our point on the other end of the counter. We have a policy to follow just like most businesses do. The policy is clearly posted on the back of your receipt. When it comes to Geek Squad protection our motto is clear "If we can't fix it then it will be replaced". So just because you purchased a $500 TV and a $100 dollar protection plan doesnt mean we are going to give you a new TV. It simply means we will try to fix the issue and if we are unsucessful then you qualify for a new TV. If you upgrade to a new TV you will have to pay the difference. When it comes to answering phones that is our job as well. Just like customers come in store and want to purchase things customers call on the phone and would like to purchase things as well. Besides it would be rude to speak to you in person with a phone ringing while we are trying to conversate. Overall I think people need to be more considerate of Best Buy. We do our job to help but everything is not always going to go you're way if that was the case we wouldnt have rules or policies.

Office.

Oh yeah - The person that commented about cell phones....dude25 is absolutely right. Best Buy is only a reseller.

If you have a problem with your service, or with the actual phone not working....what do you think they can do about it? They did just what the Verizon place did, sell you what you wanted. You just happened to finally choose a decent model by the time you got to Verizon. Do your research before you buy a phone, read reviews, find out what\'s a pretty box and what\'s a functional phone.

Employees aren\'t generally going to do that for you because too many people are brand loyal, so when an employee says \"well, actually, the new model of {blank} phones aren\'t that great, but this one is\' people don\'t want to hear their brand put down, even if it\'s true. So employees are sick of getting their heads bitten off and sell you want you want. And that isn\'t always what you need. People that come into the store with an attitude, expecting to get screwed, or lied to, or cheated, will get sold what they want and no more.

You want attention and service, be polite.

It isn\'t a lot to ask. Well, you wouldn\'t think it was.

RegularBuyer, how was the Geek Squad Tech able to find your husbands name at all if everything had your name on it as you say? Did he, perhaps, bring the thing in for service and not you? That would be one reason names wouldn't match. Was the receipt you held in your husbands name? There are many people with the same last names, and you woudn't believe the amount of lost receipts laying around to be picked up. Knowing how the service policy works, unless you are not telling something, there is just no way for it to have worked out like you said.

Good luck with your police report, everything you or your husband signed is in Best Buys computers. As soon as things don't match, you have wasted everyone's time. Oh, and now that you have threated them with police action, they no longer are allowed to speak to you. That's another "policy" you will find across pretty much any retail store. You'll have to have your lawyers talk to theirs from now on.

@Staples guy....maybe it isn't you, but EVERY Staples I have been in to, I have only been able to get ANY attention from a sales person when I come in dressed in business clothes. If I come in wearing jeans, I can't pry the time of day from them with a cattle prod and crowbar. I always wondered if they trained employees to help the people that looked like they had money first, and if they had time, they could help other people if they wanted to.

Policies are fine, but when the paperwork has typos entered by YOUR GEEKS you can't try to stick your policy as an excuse. What the store did to me today has one simple name: THEFT.

I paid for a tablet and service plan with MY Card, I dropped it off for service, The Geek confirmed my last name and phone number, I signed the ticket---I go pick it up and the Geek refused to give me the equipment because "the name didn't match".---REALLY?? I proved I bought it and have the receipt and card, my signature (on the card and in person) matches the ticket and they are still holding it hostage because the incompetent geek chose my husband's name over mine???

Get a clue and some customer service skills. I am filing a police report in the morning.

@Regular Buyer who understands

Why don't you bring your husband in. The police will tell you that because nothings been stolen from you really. You're overreacting.

*** you Ni GG ER Doug.

PS... FA gg ot :cry

I know what you mean, I work at Staples and we help people as much as we can, just customers are lazy. I had someone yesterday walk in the store and come up to the tech counter where I was helping a customer with their computer and says "Is there anyone working here?" and I asked him what he needed help with and he says "I need to you help me find an envelope." I told him I can meet him when I'm finished or I'll send someone that way.

He turned around and said "That doesn't help me now." The guy I was already helping quietly laughed and I saw the office supply employee next to the phone in the office supply side so I called and told her the older gentlemen was coming, then when he left he walked by with his envelopes and said "Thanks for nothing". He should be able to read the 8 ft sign that says "Envelopes and Labels" and look without needing spoonfed and burped.

Verizon dude total Dumb ***

I have shopped Best Buy for years and have always been taken care of. They are only a reseller for cell phones. If you have a problem with the phone you should take it to your provider.

Best Buy only cares that you buy from them and then they could give a *** about you. We upgraded our Verizon phones with new smart phones on 7-29-12.

the NEXT day, i had issues and after spending 3 hours AGAIN I got a new phone. 4 weeks later, i again had issues they sell reject SAMSUNG phones, and i got a new sim card. 3 issues in 5 weeks. Now 3 weeks after that, both my wifes and my phones are giving us troubles, we go into BB and the young sales guys say we need to come back tomorrow and talk the mobile manager.

after talking to the mobile mgr, store mrg adn then an area director, all say it's after 30 days. They really back their products. I then went to Verizon store adn after only 20 minutes, they will switch us to a new Motorola phone which we both love. THANK YOU VERIZON store In Appleton, Wi.

at least you care about your customer. Never shop at Best Buy.

View more comments (9)