Filter by rating :
filters

Customer Service and BEST BUY

I like the comments about Was the first..No longer the first, so Best Buy needs to train their employees about good customer service, because that is the first way to close like a Circuit City..They are no longer the only place to buy anything special. The rude and non caring managers and employees is HORRIBLE..and thank god for these blogs, lets see how long this will be accepted by consumers who spend money..I KNOW FOR A FACT THEY HAVE TO SELL WARRANTIES and if customer has problems they get black balled..keep the postings coming, because that is the only way Best Buy is going to know consumers deserve some common courtesy

Downey Best Buy Customer service is terrible. I have placed an order on line and received an email said that my order are ready for pick up.

But when I got to the store to pick it up and the customer service cannot find my order.

After waiting about an hour and I asked to talk to the store manager about my order. But this store manager does not know what she's doing and try to give me the wrong item.

Head phone | Best Buy review from Aurora, Illinois

Bought the head phone from best buy 10/10/2012 pay $430.00 when we came home open the box it was different head phone than we went to best buy the next day they said they could not do anything you have to go the manufacture company ok we call them they said we give a credit if same thing purchase over the online best buy have to give your credit we went back I had argue with manger still saying there is nothing we can do.We are going back and forth.How do get my money back.

go to a different best buy they should exchange within 30 days no questions asked

Best Buy Extended Warranties-No Good

I purchased a Sony Vaio laptop from best Buy on 6/15/2010. The purchase price was $1030.00, with an additional 3YR geek squad warranty. I needed some repairs for the laptop and sent it in. I was informed that the laptop was not able to be repaired and that they would do a reimbursement or replacement of the product. I get to the store and they no longer have any Sony laptop in the store, but they have them online. What I'm really upset about is that they determine my market value of my laptop was 679.99 with tax's $ 734.39. Why would I have paid 1030.00 plus $ 349.99 total 1379.99 to be told they will give me S 679.99 two and half years later. Talk about getting robbed? Some, No Lemon Policy. Talk about pissed- off. I will be closing my Best Buy, account and will not continue during business with them. Not to mention in-store fraud on my account.

Do you really not understand how wrong you are in this situation?

First, you purchased an Accidential Damage through Handling Protection Plan not a warranty.

Second, you clearly don't understand the terms of the GSP (Geek Squad Protection) you purchased.

Third, you should know that for the depreciated amount you were given you can buy another laptop that is actually better than the 2 year old model which was not repairable.

Need I say more?

Alan C

Read this:

"If we determine, at our sole discretion, that your product cannot be repaired, we will replace it with a product of like kind and quality that is of comparable performance or reimburse you for replacement of the product with a voucher or gift card, at our discretion, equal to the current market value of the product, as determined by us, not to exceed the original purchase price of your product, including taxes.

ï‚· Technological advances may result in a replacement product with a lower selling price than the original product."

Above is part of the terms of the contract you purchased. By the way, you purchased years 1-3, not 3 additional years. Other than damage, year 1 was under mfr coverage.

Price appears plausible based on depreciation. I never buy from BBY, but no one forced you to purchase a BBY columbian neck tie service plan. In effect, you're getting $330 (actually less because you could have invested the 330 or used it in 2010 for more productive purposes).

You do realize that things depreciate over time right?

How much did you expect back exactly?

Were you expecting to be able to use your laptop for 2 years, have it break and then get your money back?

What kind of business would that be?

View more comments (3)
Tags
  • purchase price

Best Buy bait and switch

I saw windows 8 pro on sale for $70. at best Buy, I thought this is too good to be true so I called their 800 number, they stated that this is the full version and not the upgrade. I was still hesitant and decided to get this in writing, so off to my local Best buy store, where they did state it was the full version too but refused to give me anything in writing....Now I'm getting suspicious. I write an email to Best buy support and flat out asked if this was a full version or the upgrade, they replied that this is indeed the full version. I made my purchase. Flash ahead and on Oct. 26th I get my disk in the mail. I open it and find "upgrade" on the bottom part of the disk! Back to the store to get my refund but what did I find out that the store manager ( I had to ask for the manager) stated that "It is a Federal Law" that I can not return the disks! This was a flat out lie! It might not be Best Buy's policy to accept open software but it is not a federal law or any law anywhere. I filed a complaint with my States Attorney General Consumer Complaint Division and another complaint with the FTC. Best Buy is still selling what they claim is a full version and sending out upgrade versions. If you were hood winked from Best Buy on your Windows * Professional disk then I urge you to file a compliant also. We the consumers need to get together on things like these scams and bait and switch tactics and see that Best Buy gets fined for ripping people off!! We can stop these corporations from abusing the consumer but we have to work together on this

Its funny how these Best Buy employees (mostly all teenagers) try to defend their less than honest company. There have been so many PROVEN deceptions that States'Attorneys had to get involved.

I believe that these kids are given paid time to post on websites like these.

File your complaints with your State Attorney's Office of Consumer Protection and continue to post on websites like this. Then send copies of the comments to the State'sAttorney's

Office.

Buy it and find out yourself.

I find it very pathetic when best but employees get on here and feel the need to name call and act like little children isn't it? It must be a best buy employee because they are clueless about what they sell....as the last poster clearly shows

It's funny cause. The $69.99 version was the full version. Fool.

obviously Mr truth must be a best buy employee because he childishly reverts to name calling

wow, your an *** and you are wasting valuable resources on your mundane entitled life. GET OVER YOURSELF!

Doesn't it say right on the box whether it is the "upgrade" or "full version". All of Microsoft's previous operating systems have said right on the front of the box whether it was the "full" or upgrade version.

and to top it off tiger direct had the upgrade for $38.00 friday.

They told me three times it was the full version and then they sent the upgrade version. How is that not a Bait and Switch?

Just because it's best buy does not justify the means to deceive.

If people got together when corporations mistreat them then possibly we might get laws enacted to stop this type of business practice.

Since when should it be o.k. for any business to lie to their customers?

How is this bait and switch? It's pure idiocy on Best Buy's part, but what else did you expect?

It's Best Buy. Wouldn't they rather you pay for the full version because it's more money?

View more comments (9)
Best Buy Manager
Loss

Best buy problems with Bioshock Infinite PRE ORDER... None of the employees know what they are doing

I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition at a Best buy store this past Saturday October 27. I was supposed to receive a code for the Bioshock industrial revolution flash game within 24 hours (that what the store rep, and the receipt says.) I went back to the store on Sunday October 28 and told a manager that I still haven't received the code. He told me to call the number on the receipt and that the representative on the phone can help me with this. I called the number and got transferred 2 times, and finally spoke to a representative. I explained the reason for the call, and she told me "I don't know why they told you within 24 hours it takes about 72 hours" but I explained that the receipt says that I should receive the code within 24 hours which she respond by saying "I Don't know what to tell you." Afterwards I wanted to confirm with her that the representative at the store did place my pre order for Bioshock infinite ultimate Songbird Edition and not the regular $59.99 version which she replied "I just see Bioshock infinite, you need to go to the store." I personally love Best Buy, I am a silver member and always referred people to their shopping at the store but this experience has made me lose trust with Best Buy. Due to this poor experience where no one wants to take ownership of the issue and provide me with Appropriate assistance I will be cancelling my pre order tomorrow which by the way the songbird edition is a $149.00 value and pre order it somewhere else. Pre ordering should be easy and simple, but instead it has caused me to lose valuable time. 1 trip to pre order the game which by the way I don't think the representative at the store ordered the right one for me, a 2nd trip to ask about my industrial revolution code, a phone call which I spent about 30 minutes talking and waiting for assistance, and a 3rd trip that I will be making to cancel my pre order tomorrow. Receipt instructions says one thing but I am being told something else. Very poor.

I know how you feel. I actually work at best buy, and still have yet to receive my pre order code. I have tried to call at least 3 times to 1-888-bestbuy, and they keep telling me that my preorder needs to be verified before the code can be sent.

I don't understand why it would take TWO WEEKS to verify something that gets processed by the end of the day.

I've also had the game preordered since about October 2011 since it was suppose to release by February last year. I redid my preorder just to make sure it would qualify for the code... and nothing.

As a gaming rep, I'm sorry you got messed around man. As a fellow gamer... I WANT MY CODE!!!

Best buy rude. iPhone 5 case -Atlanta Ga Northlake location

Best buy in northlake mall area of Atlanta GA. Had been told by a different best buy it was fine to open boxes for iPhone 5 cases. I had narrowed it to two cases and opened one and tried it a d realized it had drawbacks and put it neatly back into it's box. Then tried the next one and liked it and was ready to purchase when the 5th person came over and asked if they could help me. Each time I had explained that I was simply making the final decision on one of two cases. Then a lady came over with an attitude and asked again and I said I will tell what I have told the last five people. I appreciate your offer to help but I am simply deciding between these two cases. She told me I could not open the cases and I shared that I had been told it was fine to open and try them to see which was the best fit for my needs. She was a *** heavy African American. I asked for the manager and complained. She came out and it was not ok to open "all the cases in the store". I said I agree and that statement about me opening all the cases is factually incorrect. I had researched and only opened two cases and had bee. Told it was ok to do so. I told the. They will get to keep all their cases as I will never buy from them again. I encourage others to keep buying on line and let them keep heading full speed to bankruptcy. They are well on their way and now I know why.

Office.

I think common sense is enough to know you can't open new items on the sales floor to try them out. Apparently you don't have any.

I love when people like you say "i'll never shop there again and you'll go bankrupt" the best part is they go bankrupt and the store that finally did everything you wanted to gain your business and take it from the one that went bankrupt is the only one around...and when theres only one store around don't think they'll do anything to try and retain you because *** where will you go the competition is all out of business.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy: Separate installation for refrig?

We found a good price on an refrigerator, ordered online from best buy and paid for delivery. They charged the credit card one minute later. With order confirmation email we get message that installation is a separate charge done on different day and will be billed extra????? A refrigerator ? Take it out of box, plug it in and take away box. I'm not so old couldn't do on my own but that is insane. Online site says unable to cancel. Called support line and on hold as I type. My estimated 15 minute wait is 20 minutes so far. Stay far far away.

Delivery and install are two different things...the delivery driver is paid to deliver the product not set it up for you.

Best Buy Installation
Tags
  • good price

Best Buy has the absolute worst customer service

After receiving no attention at the computer area I chose one on my own. When I attempted to pay for it I was told I couldn't buy it because windows 8 was unavailable for purchase on that date. I asked why it was on the shelf and was asked if I wanted to preorder and I replied no. The associate grab the menchadise and walked away without offering an alturnative product. Feeling disrespected I asked to speak to the manager. They sent me a 25 yr. old kid instead. I was informes that Microsoft pays them to stock the item on the shelf. I complained that it was *** to stock a product that can be chosen by the public and not be purchased. I was told "Microsoft pays for it to be on the shelf so that where it will stay." I called customer service several times and got a bunch of half hearted apologies, but no solutions. I feel that my complaint was never taken seriously and never turned over to any one of any real authority. I will never shop there again and encourage others to stay away as well.

I agree with Simon, why would they waste their time an such a *** issue. Get over yourself. Look up stuff online, get informed!

In the end microsoft pays alot of money for 2 things...1 the products placement on the shelf and 2 that stores don't sell new products until the release date.

If the store sold out of windows 7 computers which very many did then there is no point in leaving empty spaces on the shelf they may put a product there that can be "preordered"

They gave you an alternative...you may pre order it.

Yes, sometimes they send team leads over to talk to people who want to complain about dumb things. The actual manager has better things to do than listen to your ***.

It doesn't matter who you talk to.

The end result will be the same. The preorders will remain on the shelf.

View more comments (2)

Very poor service | Best Buy review from Herndon, Virginia

I ordered a camera by phone and the person ordered the wrong one. The camera was not stocked in stores so my only choice was to order and test it. When I tried to return it, they offered to waive the return period since the original item was on back order. It was a camera that produced poor picture quality so of no use and I returned it. When the camera was back in stock I ordered one. Noticed it had been shipped from their return center. I was surprised because I paid full price. In any case, I tested the camera to see if it had the same focusing issue and it did. I returned the camera in less than 3 days. They made the error and want to punish me for it! Needless to say, they no longer have my business. I strongly question their reputability!

Office.

I would get a buyer's agent. They will help guide you through the prscoes, provide good referrals for lenders, inspectors, insurance agents, etc, and are obligated to work on your behalf unless they also happen to be the agent for the seller of the home you are interested in.

The best part is they are essentially free to you because they are paid by splitting the commission with the selling agent, which is paid by the seller.

When I purchased my first home in 2008, my buyer's agent was great in finding homes in my price range and helped me understand the whole prscoes, making the experience exciting rather than stressful. If you know of someone that recently purchased a home or is currently looking, ask them if they have, or are, using a buyers agent, or if they know one to recommend.

View more comments (1)

Dynex TV's suck | Best Buy review from Raleigh, North Carolina

Don't buy a Dynex TV - got one as a Christmas gift - it died - Best Buy won't provide service without me paying for it because I don't have a receipt and my son didn't keep once he saw I would keep the TV. Why should I pay for their TV twice - I assume it will only break again since it only lasted several months with minimal use. Their customer service is horrible. When you call to resolve the problem you get put on hold for 15 minutes and are forced to listen to horrible music. Then they just tell you without a receipt they won't do anything and offer to send someone out to fix it if you pay. They are shameless - they have to know they have a defective product and then try to make the consumer pay for their defects. *** BEST BUY!

actually since dynex is their private label tv and it has a date code on the TV they can prove it is under warranty and obviously came from a BB

Mike_mn

Here is a little known fact about BB...

You actually DO NOT need a receipt to return/exchange items - even though they will insist you have a paper receipt! This is because BB keeps ALL RECORDS of sales! All you need is the name of the person who has the record of the sale and a photo ID. So, you will need that person to help you.

I have returned & exchanged items without a receipt, and the service desk looked up my purchase on their online systems, and completed the return! A great system... but one that BB does not want you to know exists!

You act surprised that a store will not fix your several month old TV without a receipt is strange. I guarantee you every other store would have done the same thing, even Wal-Mart.

They will only exchange it during the return period which they wouldn't do on a big ticket item like a TV without a receipt. After that, you have a one year warranty with the manufacturer.

Call them. Quit blaming Best Buy for a standard industry practice.

how can you prove it is under warranty without a receipt?

View more comments (3)