Lack of customer service from managers | Best Buy review from Mount Laurel, New Jersey

My husband and I walked in the Mall of Georgia Buford Best Buy store. We got a store associate to help us with iPods. We wanted a yellow 32 gig and apple store was sold out so we came to them. The associate took us up to front of store where the cage is. Female associate opened the cage and they had 32 GB yellow iPod so we then checked on a blue one as well for our son. They had it. We told them we needed to go get some Bose and beat headsets as well as the new iPad 4 32 gig. She said I will have these waiting for you at checkout. We got the headsets then had to wait over 45 min to get help with the I pad because the store didn't have the proper number of associates spread throughout the store. When we got up front to get the iPods with the associate that finally helped us with iPad the female associate had been told by a female manager to sell the yellow iPod to another customer even though she knew we were still in store. The male manager apologized and said what can I do to make it right. We said sell us the yellow 64 gb iPod at same price as the 32 since you sold it out from under us and didn't have enough ppl working in iPads. He said I cannot do that. We sad so you are willing to let us walk when we are standing here fixing to spend 2000 on electronics. He then goes to look to see if they have another store with the yellow 32 that can mail it to us. We finally decided to *** with him. If he wanted to lose 2000 of sales over 100 dollars he deserves the fall out. We went to Brand smart got the headsets from them. They matched Best buys price. We got home and Walmart has the same I pods we wanted for .84 more no sales tax. Amazon has same iPods for .84 more plus we get free shipping and pay no sales tax. Target has same iPad not much more plus are giving a $60 gift card with purchase. Plus my oldest daughter works at target and can get her employee discount which actually will make it cheaper. All I can say is. Corporate is gonna be pissed once they call on Monday. Lol the corporate office person that took complaint wasn't happy an said that was poor math on their managers part. I have no clue what the deal s up with some store managers now but Best Buy you just lost a customer that spends thousands of dollars a year with your store. Plus hat makes a 6 figure income and has no problem buying the top o he line products. Remember that as your stocks continue to decrease. :)

Another common example why Best Buy is going under.

Best Buy SUCKS!!

Bought ASUS Laptop, got home and found that we had an out of box defect. No big deal, this happens, so... Off to Best Buy I go to return or exchange the product that very same afternoon. They did have one more unit, but it had a note on the box that it had issues??? So I went back to CS desk and a very unsympathetic associate proceeded to tell me that they couldn't refund my money until the next after noon?!?! I would think BB would want to do whatever it takes to take care of a Siver rewards customer, but apparently they hve all the business they can handle?? I will never purchase another product from this company and will urge everyone that I know to do the same!!!
Tags
  • big deal

Black Firday Bait & Switch on computer package | Best Buy review from Atlanta, Georgia

ok well I just noticed that I fell victim to a bait & switch scam by Best Buy. I received a ticket for that exact package and received something else entirely. This package is advertised at $499 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+Inspiron+I660S- /> I decided to buy that package and after waiting for over 5 hours online I received a ticket for that package. What I was actually sold was different. I was sold a crappier computer with the same monitor under the guise of a doorbuster deal. Here is what I received http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+Desk /> Again, here is what I was expecting and what I still want. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+Desk /> Do I have any reproach here or was I blatantly scammed?

If you paid by credit card (obviously) call back and tell them to cancel the order. Tell them that you will file a complaint with the GA State's Attorney's Office accusing Best Buy with the bait and switch if they send you the wrong package.

Also you have recourse with your credit card company.

The Dec 2012 issue of CONSUMERS REPORT rates retailers on page 25. Best Buy is at the bottom.

Service
Best Buy Deal

"Best" Buy Blows | Best Buy review from Vancouver, Washington

"Best Buy" could care less about its customers. While there are employees who do seem to care the company and its problems remain. I've reviewed how horrible the holiday season was last year for BB customers and my experience shows nothing has changed for 2012. All I wanted was to purchase a new cell phone and after hours on the phone and standing in a store watching employees on the phone am not even sure I have an ORDER – ?! I have never purchased a phone from a non-carrier, and after this fiasco likely never will again. Beyond this, Best Buy is losing other holiday purchases (LED HDTV etc.) to other firms selling for the same fixed price (I know when a deal is a deal and when it's the same "deal" I can find elsewhere). Early Thanksgiving morning I placed an online order for a Samsung Galaxy SIII with two year contract using a NON Best Buy payment method. I am notified there is a "problem with my order" and must call customer service. Automated phone system doesn't acknowledge existence of order given by website. Teach myself to circumvent the system and speak with a Customer Support person who can't find the order, hasn't a clue and transfers me to Best Buy Mobile. After 20-25 minutes on hold I hang up. The rep who transferred me had said she would be monitoring the call and called me back apologizing that apparently that department wasn't working the holiday. Fine. Round two: I went back online, place an identical order and "paid" using my Best Buy card. Success! Order complete! Approx. three hours later receive "URGENT" email notification of problem with my order which will be cancelled if not taken care of within 48 hours. What problem Best Buy? Here we go again……. Friday morning I fight my way past the wall that is supposed to be the portal to enlightenment of my "problem." As before, the system refuses to acknowledge such an order number exists. Reach person one, who confirms (after some period of time) that she can't find order, doesn't know what to do and hands me off to person two. After a relatively short wait, person two replies that she doesn't know what I mean by problem because my order is complete, shipped AND I have already been charged……? I inform her I don't believe her (why should I), particularly since account is on screen and showing no charges. Round Three: I go out of way to a Best Buy store, one the last places in the world I like to be on Black Friday. Guess what – the only way in store customer service found my order was to cross reference it with existing phone number. When they pull it up it shows as incomplete. I stand by counter for 1 hour 20 minutes while store rep waits on phone. Now *** me – I had thought I could walk in, explain the problem, and walk out with my phone (and online "order" cancelled). Decided I had ruined enough of my Black Friday on Best Buy and left. Received call approx. 30 minutes later from rep who had been helping me that my order really was complete and going to be shipped, that I really was going to be charged, and that because of this they could not cancel the purchase and sell me item in store. So Best Buy tells me my order will be cancelled if I don't take action, first doesn't even acknowledge order exists, wastes hours of my time and then wants me to believe there never was a problem – !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To top it off, I had asked store rep helping me and one of her managers for either store manager or other non-standard contact information for escalation of problems like this. Guess what – treated like a *** and told I would need to call the good old 1 800 Best Buy number…..for the opportunity to waste hours more of my time in order to likely hear someone apologize for me having difficulties with "my" order. This is not my problem "Best" Buy – and you are far from the "best."

Your story is not unusual at all. The non-communication between their online store and instores is less than stellar.

This and many many other reasons are leading to Best Buy's impending demise.

The Dec 2012 issue of CONSUMER REPORT rates retailers on page 25. Best Buy is at the bottom.

Review
#362089 Review #362089 is a subjective opinion of poster.

"You can buy it Tuesday" | Best Buy review from Savannah, Georgia

Attempted to buy Panasonic 55" Class LED 1080p 3D HDTV & Home Theater Speaker System Package advertised on website at a great price. After entering zip code was informed there were none available. Chose a second and then a third store, none available for shipping. Called customer service who informed us that if we made the order on Tuesday, there would be some available for shipping.... at an increased price. Really? We saw no verbiage on their website that indicated limited quantities, which we would have understood. Come on Best Buy, you wasted a lot of our time, plenty of our patience and I will shop elsewhere for this product... even if priced higher.

If false advertising, you should file a complaint with the GA State's Attorney's Office. After filing, BB MAY offer you that item for the advertised price. Stay away from the Better Business Bureau as they are run by business and Best Buy may be a major contributor.

Review
#362036 Review #362036 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Best Buy Website

Best Buy fail

I am so done with this company. I have been trying to get my computer competently repaired for well over a month. It's under warranty. I took it inane told them it was blue screening, I told them I believed firmly it was a hardware issue (more specifically the graphics card). They said it was software and a reformat would fix it. I reformat, install drivers, update bios, etc etc..., still blue screening. Now, they say, it's blue screening because I reformatted it?! We order the install disks, they install... Get home and it blue screens up booting up. Take it back, they claim it's just dusty. They blow out the dust and send it back, it's still blue screened. I take it back, I tell them it's the hardware. Now, it's being shipped out for repair. Also, I ordered a TV online. Call to cancel after an hour as I meant to get the LED and not LCD. They say it will take 2 weeks to get the money back into my account. This is absurd, but fine, whatever... I cancel. I order the other TV. Get an email today that the LCD TV has been shipped?! Now have 2 flat screens enroute to my house. I was on the phone with them a half an hour cancelling that order. I hate Best Buy. That is my last purchase from them ever.
Review
#362033 Review #362033 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Manager fooled us with gift card!!! | Best Buy review from Denver, Colorado

BESTBUY IS SCAM PLACE AND WE WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS PLACE AGAIN! BESTBUY PEOPLE ARE TRAINED TO LURE CUSTOMERS AND FOOLED CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR BEST SERVICES TO MAKE THEIR PLACE BECOME MORE ATTRACTIVE TO OTHER CUSTOMERS TO COME IN AND GET FOOLED AGAIN! So this Tuesday, my whole family came out and camped outside of the bestbuy to get the best deal and $600 dollar gift card. We were the first one in line and came into there and asked about how could we get the gift card. The manager told us like we needed at least 5 people and all their requirements. So we followed it but he never once came out and handed us the gift card. We came in and asked a day before Thanksgiving. The manager said he would take care of it and led one of us to get the credit card. However, he said we couldn't use until Black Friday(?) Then, we also asked him to check the card and he refused and said he was positive that there was money in the card(?) At the night the store opened, we got pissed off when we used the card. THe associate told us there was only $10 in the card. So we went and talked to the manager. He tried to make up an excuse that the store was busy and he couldn't check the balance on the card. Also, he remarked that he never told us how much money in there. In the end, we realized that we got fooled by the acting-nice manager. What he tried to do was giving us a $10 gift card and making us think that we got the money so we would stay in the line and make more people come to his store. The manager fooled us and was being all rude after the Thanksgiving! Other problem with Bestbuy was that one of us bought ipod 5th generation and supposed to come with $50 gift card. Once again, the associate didn't scan the gift card at the time we purchased and there was no balance in there. We called and talked to the manager about this issue. He said he couldn't do anything and we needed to stick with it. We can't return or anything! BESTBUY IS SCAM PLACE AND WE WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS PLACE AGAIN! BESTBUY PEOPLE ARE TRAINED TO LURE CUSTOMERS AND FOOLED CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR BEST SERVICES TO MAKE THEIR PLACE BECOME MORE ATTRACTIVE TO OTHER CUSTOMERS TO COME IN AND GET FOOLED AGAIN!

Best Buy does this with gift cards routinely. The last time I was a Best Buy, not to buy but use their bathroom, l witnessed a woman arguing about a zero balance on a gift card that she had received last Christmas.

She eventually stormed out and swore never to buy from Best Buy. I personally like their bathrooms and only go in Best Buy for that.

Product
Best Buy Gift Card

I'm done with this store. | Best Buy review from Hagerstown, Maryland

I thought I would save the time it took for a hard-drive to be shipped to my house so I went to Best Buy to look at their selection. They had a group of hard-drives under a $35.99 price tag. They were placed there by the employees, it wasn't a customer who moved them by accident. I thought it was a fair price so I took the item up to the counter and it came up $59.99. They told me it was a mistake and the item was not really $35 dollars. They offered to go back and get the correct item (this item wasn't even on the self after they looked). The one cashier was laughing at me because I was complaining that the tag said $35.99! This is not the first time this has happened to me. Once I went to buy a tripod for my camera. Four tripod boxes were lined up behind a $59.99 tag. When I took it up it came to $99.99. Both times I was refused the tag price that was listed on the floor in front of the item!!!! I bought the tripod because I needed it at the time. I bought the same hard-drive for $24.76 off of newegg. Best Buy prices are high in my area. I once bought a $42 dollar computer mouse there and then the next day saw it online for $14. When I went to Best Buy to buy my camera no one wanted to help me or my mother. We waited 40 MINS for assistance!!! One guy during this time even came up to us and said he would be with us in a few mins. He NEVER came back. There were employees just standing around doing nothing!!!!!! I have only been to Best Buy a handful of times, but I will never go back after the employees ignored a paying customer. This would be the first time I've ever written a complaint. I'm not someone who complains to get a better deal. This time, however; I feel wronged by this company. They are trying to scam people and their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN!!

If I insists buying from BB and a price appears low for an item, take a picture of the item and advertised price. Most states have laws that require that the item to be sold at that price.

Check with your state's Attorney General's Office. It is imperative to have a witness.

The Dec 2012 issue of CONSUMERS REPORT rates retailers on page 25. Notice that BB is at the bottom.

BTY, Newegg.com is near the top. Good choice.

They treated me like a criminal! | Best Buy review from Lynn, Massachusetts

I purchased a Toshiba laptop computer at Best Buy. When I got home, and I opened the box, the laptop screen and Memory door on bottom, and corner where DVD burner was broken. I called Customer service and was told to bring it back to store to replace. So I went to the Best Buy in Danvers, MA and was treated like a criminal by not only to the tech supervisor but also to my shock and dismay, the store manager. They proceeded to tell me that this must have happened after it left the store. Keep in mind, I purchased the computer the same day that I opened the box. I sat there and was berated by a 24 year old "store manager" who proceeded to tell me that he used to work at Fedex/ or UPS and he knows that companies invest a lot of money into packaging the product and there is no way this happened PRIOR to my purchasing and spending $700 at Best Buy. I was shocked on how POOR the customer service levels at this Best Buy in Danvers, MA was. I have never been treated so poorly by anybody at any store. Meanwhile, during my conversation with Best Buy customer service I requested that a district manager call me to discuss the inadequate service level at this store and would you believe it has been 3 weeks and I still have not heard anything from anyone.

I agree with what JohnT says. Employers don't pick and choose based on your "personal" experience.

They look at where you worked.

If it was for a *** company you're marked. Thats real life.

How about getting back to the original complaint. It sounds like it was never resolved by this company that SHOULD be out of business by now because of their terrible customer service levels.

John, do you have any evidence to back up the statement that employers won't hire Best Buy employees? I was a 4-year Best Buy/Geek Squad veteran, and was hired into my career based on my technical and customer experience.

Although I won't doubt that Best Buy has had a lower focus on the customer experience, and a large number of Best Buy employees could use some customer experience training, to completely discredit such a large group of potential employees based on your bad experience is pretty ignorant. I certainly hope you've never passed over any qualified applicants to your employer because of your bias.

File a complaint with your State Attorney's Office of Consumer Protection. BB has been cited many times for not honoring purchases.

This is one of the many reasons they are not far from bankrupcy.

Many retailers will not hire ex-BB employees for fear that they do not have retail ethics.

Also, the Dec 2012 issue of CONSUMER REPORTS rate retailers on page 25. Best Buy is on the bottom.

@JohnT

I agree with BB it is very ignorant. Plus not all empolyees are giving subpar customer service, it's a very mixed bag.

I worked in computers and some people there were very smart, but couldn't even socialize very well let alone give a good customer experience. Whereas I was constantly raved by my customers who say I gave them the best experience they've ever had in any store.

It varies, don't make over generalized statements like that disqualifying a large group of people. You sound ignorant and may offend some of them.

View more comments (4)

Karma | Best Buy review from Savannah, Georgia

Well last Black Friday, I was alienated by Best Buy's corporate double talk and lack of professionalism in dealing with the : "We will meat any advertised price"!! You did not want to meat that price once the other store ran out, really!! Well yes it is what it says in all that small print in your terms and conditions, but maybe you should have stated that when hawking that policy in national ads. As I watch the news this morning of the Corporations peril and impending demise I can not help but smile from ear to ear .............. What is that saying about Karma?? By the way once you alienate a customer, there is no getting them back!! Meet the On Line Giants prices, right!!
Alan C

Everyone's price matching policies exclude limited quantities, special sales, one day sales,etc. This is OLD news, like 25 years old. Unless you just arrived in this country and don't speak of read English, this is common knowledge and certainly not worthy of a complaint.

You're an ***. Stores do not price match on Black Friday.

Why? Most products are backed by some type of vendor support and other stores can't afford the hit they will take by price matching.

To piggy back off of Simon, what do you think will happen to prices as more and more brick and mortar stores *** the dust? Drop the attitude, try your best to pick up some common sense along the way, and support your local retailers whenever you can.

Stores don't price match Black Friday items, retard. Make sure to boycott Walmart, Target, and every other store on the planet if that upsets you.

Just so you know all stores price matching policies are revoked during black friday / the weekend of black friday depending on the company.

Also when the online giants run the local competition out just wait till they start marking their prices up.

View more comments (3)