Filter by rating :
filters

Refund Issue | Best Buy review from Mumbai, Maharashtra

I was supposed to get refund of 1000 rs. i returned the product in 2 days as it was fake. I returned It In July Now Its December Still I didnt any refund It has been 6 months I didn't get any response for refund.. when I call customer care they respond as you will get refund in 7 days. I called them like 50 times.. they are not at all providing any further response. ref no- 5277817 phone no-9766442668 I supposed to get refund in 15 days as per rules. Please help in getting this issue solved.. thanks

If paid by credit card, call the phone number on the back of the card and say that you want to invoke the Fair Credit Billing Act of 1966 against Best Buy. They will then give you instructions for filing the complaint.

If paid by debit card notify the bank with your complaint.

lf paid by cash and you have documentation proving your position, call/write your State Attorney General's Office to file a consumer complaint. lf purchasing from Best Buy (which I do not)I would only purchase with a credit card for the best protection.

Best Buy Customer Care

Best Buy is ***

Best Buy is one of the best places to shop and find something no one else has. That is about the only thing that is good about them. I have more than one story about them and all shows that they have no customer service or knowledge about helping the customer. I work in Law Enforcement and assisted another agency in a call at Best Buy in Spanish Fort, AL. An elderly man purchase over $10,000 worth of TV and stereo equipment not to be helped when he asked for help. The man called and asked for help installing the items purchased and he was told they couldn’t help him. He went back to the store and wanted to return the items and they tried to charge him a 15 percent restocking fee on the 10K. He became irate. He didn’t ask for it to be installed for free, but for them to do it that day. If someone spent that kind of money in any store I know of, they would have found a way to help him due to the amount and his age. Another time my mother and father in law went to Best Buy to purchase a TV. They came back with a great TV and a HD Directv box. The person at the store told them that all they have to do is hook up the box and it will work, since they have Directv. OK! I know that isn’t true because you have to have the HD oval dish. Then they charged them a 15 percent restocking fee for returning it. The person in the store has no knowledge of the products or they just wanted to make a sale. Either way that is *** by Best Buy. This is just a few stories I have about Best Buy and many more about this business being *** for customers. I for one would like to see Best Buy go out of business and for the last two to three year haven’t purchased anything from them. I refuse to purchase anything from them and will look at the store for items, then go to Staples or Office Depot to purchase my item. They have all the same things.
Mike_mn

Doesnm;t matter. If someone was purchasing $10,000 from my store and insisted it be installed that day, I woudl bend over backwards and offer the installer time-and-a-half or double time to get the job done.

The comsumer may be difficult, but really!!!!

So they made $1,500. Not a bad deal for BB.

There is something called "good business practice ". Considering the information provided it seems that this was absent.

If the salesmen provided incorrect information and was just wanted to make a sale as it appears, then no excuse exists. Also, if correct advise from knowlegable salesmen had been provided then the merchandise would not have needed to be returned.

Yes, they should eat that loss. Its called CUSTOMER LOYALTY. Ever take a business class?

Maybe their Geek Squad was full of appointments that day. Should someone else's scheduled appointment be cancelled because someone bought $10,000 worth of items?

Doesn't seem fair to me.

If you buy brand new electronics, use them, and return them, you should be charged a fee. Best Buy isn't a rental service.

Plus they now have to sell the items at a discount because they're used. I suppose Best Buy should eat that loss, right?

View more comments (3)
Review
On the 16th of December 2012 at approximately 7:30pm, my wife, disabled son and I was approached by a Best Buy employee at the Wilmington, NC store off of College Drive. The employee was told by his manager that we are not allowed to put our companion dog down on the...

FYI BEST BUY IS PET FRIENDLY. I WORK AT A BEST BUY AND WE WELCOME PEOPLE WITH DOGS. THEY DONT KNOW THE POLICY AT ALL

View more comments
Best Buy Manager

Don't use a debit/credit card there-Best Buy

My credit card was charged twice for the same item purchased 11/17/2012. I was told by Best Buy customer care that "one was for the purchase authorization hold" and the "other was for the sale itself". The hold would not be released until 12/25/2012! My cedit card is going to charge interest on a Hold Transaction.. This is surely a scam. Imagine a million customers in this situation. How much interest is going to charged? Who gets the money? Is there a kickback scheme going on? They'll have my money for about 37 days. they said someone will call back. Yeah!

But like another guy said you don't pay interest on it and your not charged.

wow, i had no idea!

Mike_mn

Holding is common. But also, they DO make money on your money durring the hold!

A"hold" is a common pratice and you should not be charged interest on it. Call the bank of your credit card if unsure.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Customer Care

Gift cards | Best Buy review from South Bend, Indiana

Best buy sent me an online add to fill out one offer site and I would receive a $1,000.00 gift card. I did exactly what they required and never received my gift card. This company is awesome at false advertising!! Why do they keep getting away with this type of service? This is my second time of dealing with a rotten deal with best buy, and I'm really sick of it!! I'm planning to communicate with the owners and to stand outside the local best buy to let customers know what they might be dealing with.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out when something is too good to be true !

It is a scam. Happens every Christmas time.

Someone fakes an advertisement or flyer from Best Buy and sends these to people. This is not Best Buy.

Best Buy Deal

MS office Refund Ripoff | Best Buy review from Boston, Massachusetts

Ok to start with I bought a notebook a week before Black Friday. Windows 8 does not work well or as expected when win 7 came out.......HP Help Desk and Best Buy Geek squad came to the same conclusion as me......WIN8 DOES NOT WORK......WAIT till 3 days after xmas.....these so called help desk will be flooded and useless. I returned my notebook and got refund...as for MS Office for 100 student discount...well that is another story....both Best Buy ans Microsoft want to rip us off. I guess Bill Gates needs more money. Pdzb

I fail to realize how Windows 8 deficiencies are Best Buys fault. We sell the product, we do not manufacture the product. If you brought your computer into my Geek Squad I would be more than happy to help you.

Toshiba LED TV scam | Best Buy review from Edmonton, Alberta

I got 46" LED Toshiba TV (46PFL7505D/F7B) online AND i recieved 46" Toshiba LCD TV and 3 months back an forth I lost 52 shipping fees it is really sucks. customer service refused to refund there is no one can talk to I am not sure how get full refund back. mmm.mmm.mmmm.m.mmm...mmm.mm.m.m.m..m.mmm.m...m.m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mm m m

File a complaint with the Consumer Services Division of Service Alberta. They are responible for consumer protection in your province in Canada. You probably need to call 1-877-427-4088 which is the phone number of the Consumer Service Center.

Here's what you do:

mmm.mmm.mmmm.m.mmm...mmm.mm.m.m.m..m.mmm.m...m.m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m .mmm.mmmm.m.mmm...mmm.mm.m.m.m..m.mmm.m...m.m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mm m m

Best Buy Shipping Service

Scammed me for my info to sell me! | Best Buy review from Lodi, California

I spent $700 buying Xmas gifts and as the cashier is ringing me up she says "oh, this item qualifies you for a $25 gift card, I just need your email and phone number." so I give my info thinking I'm getting a gift card for spending so much money, but instead I get an email that says all I have to do is buy a phone and sign a 2-year contract to claim my $25 gift card.... Can you believe that! What government agency do I complain to for them scamming me into giving them my info? Very disappointing and deceitful.
Mike_mn

I started paying cash several years ago! Stores will always ask for your phone number/email.

Little know dirty secret at BB is that they record your purchase history. They know what you bought 10 years ago! Never give them ID. They'll ask even when i pay with cash claiming they can send me special offers.

I always say 'No'.

I've gotten a few snears and dirty looks! Fooey on them.

Unfortunately, you may not have a case. The information that you provided was not contingent on you making a purchase.

What you experienced was a bad business practice. The Dec 2012 issue rates retailers on page 25.

Best Buy is at the bottom. You may want to pickup that issue and try one of the top rated ones in the future.

Best Buy Cashier

BEST BUY SUCKS

Well, First I am an adult online student and I had to do my final exam, the following day, Being that my house had lots of people and I needed a place quiet enough to do it,(Because I only had a certain time frame to do it before the teacher cut off the test) my husband went to Best Buy and surprised me with a laptop. I was extremely excited and happy. Until I opened the box and found out that the laptop had a broken key. I said no problem, I would go first thing in the morning and get another one. I got up at 7 am, took my husband to work and went straight to Best Buy. Well, they did not open until 10am. I said no problem my test isn't until 12 pm I have time. I waited in the parking lot until they opened went in and talked to a sales person named Jose`. Jose` seemed very helpful and talked me into buying a different computer, by promising me that it was faster and better, for ONLY 30 dollars more. I was gullable and did it. On the way to the register he asked me if I needed Microsoft Office, becuase I would get a discount on it. I told him no because I had the disk at home and would need to hurry because I had to get the laptop ready for my test. I also asked him to promise me that I was making a "good deal" and 'DO NOT LIE TO ME JOSE". Well he reassured me over and over again. I bought the laptop and went home to get ready to go and take my test. Well once getting home, doing the set up, all seemed fine, UNTIL I got ready to install the disk for Office . NO DISK DRIVE!!!. I was beginning to get more frustrated than mad, I also said that I would call the store talk to Jose and see where the drive was, because I was sure that the I just did not know where the drive was. I called the store directly and "Tammie" answered the phone. I asked for Jose and she transferred me. I waited for 15 minutes, Tammie came back on the line and I told her I was still waiting on Jose, so she put me back on hold and I waited for an additional 15 minutes. Tammie came back on the line and "I said, I'm still waiting on Jose", she said "Mam he is busy with customers" I said okay and waitied another 15 minutes in the mean time packing up the computer to return to the store. Tammie picked up the phone again, "I said I'm still waiting on " SHE HUNG UP ON ME!!!! I was pissed. I went back to the store and went to the register and asked to speak to manager. By now I am livid and my test has already started. The manager brought another sales person to help me and I just wanted a laptop to take my test. Well we went back over to where the laptops were and Jose was there looking at me like I was a stranger. The manager called him over and I told him that he lied to me about the laptop. He lied again telling the manager "TO MY FACE" that he told me it did not have a disk drive. I just wanted the other computer but it was no where to be found. Jose had sold "the last one;" I was so pissed that he would lie to me, then sell the computer I wanted and then lie again to my face about the laptop I bought. Then to top it all off, most of the computers they had available were more money and I refused to spend more money. I got my money back and went to STAPLES, where they were very helpful and had great customer service. I will NEVER BUY OR EVEN STEP FOOT IN BEST BY EVER AGAIN.

you believed a w..e,t back named jose? you should have just assumed he was going to lie to you.

It's odd that the box did not indicate there was no disk drive.

You should have went to walmart open 24 hrs or target opens 8am, since you only had a limited amount of time. It is also hard to believe that the laptop does not have a disk drive, since you fail to mention the brand and model laptop...and btw why is that?

Think thats bad? Try working at Best Buy, It truly sucks. Read my story at www.Screw-Blue.com

Elesa
@ScrewBlue

ScrewBlue, WOW that really explains MUCH at screw-blue DOT com. Thank you for writing that.

If only that could be passed-on with the printing on the back of each receipt. LOL. I know retail is most likely set up pretty much the same. But with BB, you can sure see it in their employees.

And now they have "Direct TV" here in the Cleveland area, pouncing on the customers while they are shopping. They have the blue shirts, so until you see the Direct TV logo on them you think you are being approached by a BB sales rep. Due to my past experience, I certainly will NOT EVER shop there or their web site.

If they ever change, then good for them and I may check them out. That is a BIG "If".

Why pickup that issue? Almost ANY retailer would be better than Best Buy then.

The Dec 2012 issue of CONSUMER REPORT rates retailers on page 25. Best Buy is at the bottom.

May I suggest that you pickup that magazine and choose another retailer from the top of the list for future purchases. Lots of fancy advertising does not neccessarily make a good retailer.

View more comments (4)
Tags
  • sales person

Cyber Monday | Best Buy review from Columbus, Ohio

Ordered Big Bang Theory, 5th season, on line.got email from BB only available for pick up. Chose Marysville OH.got another email not available, chose another location. Called and talked to BB rep, told to wait, it would become available, they would let me know before deadline if Marysville, OH store did not get so I could pick up at another store.on 12/4, got a cancellation notice.Could not get it resolved w/ customer service.BB used deceptive cyber monday practice.anyone else in for a class action lawsuit.BB you have lost my business.spent over $10,000 w/ you this last year.Lisa Smith, VP Customer Service.please contact me.