BAD TV REPAIRS AND CUSTOMER SERVICES | Best Buy review from Oxford, Alabama

I WOULD LIKE TO TELL EVERYONE THAT IS THINKING OF DOING BUSINESS WITH BEST BUY TO THINK A SECOND TIME BEFORE BUYING A PRODUCT, OR REPAIRS .BEST BUY MAY HAVE A GOOD PRICE BUT THE SERVICE IS NO GOOD THEY TAKE NO LONG TO REPAIR YOUR TV ,COMPUTER ETC: AND THEN IT WILL NOT WORK OR OPERATE RIGHT FROM THE BEST BUY PEOPLE AT THE STORE IN OXFORD ,AL PH. 256-832-0172 TO THE BEST BUY PEOPLE AT HEADQUARTER 1-888-237-8289. ALL GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND AND COVER EACH OTHER BACK THIS IS MY PROBLEM NOW I HAVE WITH THEM. SERVICE IS NO GOOD. BUT IT JUST SO HAPPEN THAT I VIDEO MY MEETING WITH BEST BUY WHEN I TURN MY TV IN FOR REPAIRS. AND IF I DO NOT GET BETTER SERVICE THAN I BEEN GETTING I WILL ?????????

Sounds like you went in on a bad day... I've always gotten the help I've needed in a timely manner.

by the way, press the caps button to cut that off. ;)

The best thing about BB is that I don't have to shop there. Thanks HH Greg.

Tags
  • good price

Computer never worked from day one | Best Buy review from Madison, Wisconsin

Made Trips to store to get fixed even when product was just out of box at the cost of$200.00 each time and $32.00 round trip in gas for seven (7) times , All that was gotten was looked over by Geek Squad. sent home to return again, and again in less then 2 Mos.No replacement,refund ,or Satifacion just pay,pay and pay $200.00. Store #1052 Am making this Complaint on a friends computer. All store would do is that to charge for to look at again at the cost of $200.00. Everything is $200.00 a pop.

The Dec 2012 issue of CONSUMER REPORTS rates retailers on page 25. Best Buy is at the bottom. Maybe you can still find that issue and choose another retailer for future purchases.

Patrick

you probably paid to have work done on your computer. next time, bring your receipt and let them know that you just recently bought the computer.

Waiting for T.V. part for 3 month | Best Buy review from Flippin, Arkansas

My father bought a 3D t.v. for my mom about 4 months ago. The T.V. stopped working the end of Oct. Best Buy said they would send a local repairman out asap. Well he cancelled his appt. with them and finally showed up on 11/12. Well, we are still waiting for the part or a replacement T.V. and Best Buy says they cannot do anything because it is still under warranty with Panasonic. They wouldn't even call Panasonic on our behalf. My mother is paying Best Buy. I find it hard to believe there is nothing they can do.

Since Best Buy sent the repairman they are indeed invovled. Call their Corporate Office and tell them that you will file a complaint with your State Attorney's Office, Consumer Protectoin Division if you do not receive the television in 7 days.

You just may have to file a complaint so be prepared to do so.

Customer Service is horrible at Bee Cave Texas location | Best Buy review

Ipad case purchased in black by son, next day he went back to exchange it for the identical case in red. The "customer service" woman said because the sae was over and he had his receipt he'd have to pay an extra $13. She said if he hadn't brought the receipt they could have done it - he clarified what she said to make sure he understood and his girl friend witnessed and corraborated the story. I went back several hours later without the receipt to exchange. They tried to tell me they couldn't do the even exchange because I didnt have the receipt. The woman who had waited on my son lied and told the manager that she didn't say what she told my son about the exchange. They charged me $13. more to trade it out. I will NEVER shop there again and am spreading the word about their poor customer service. How *** of them to lose thousands of dollars on what should have been an even exchange. The manager on duty was completely uninterested in assisting.

Someone responding here sounds like they work for Best Buy. ILoveCustomers myself.

poor management,poor customer service

Patrick

oh well. you were dumb enough to buy an overpriced tablet so what's the deal with spending a little extra on a case for it?

They apparently do not have a clear return policy. The Dec 2012 issue of CONSUMER REPORT rates retailers on page 25. Best Buy is at the bottom.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Manager
Loss

I was lied to first and then treated badly | Best Buy review from Salt Lake City, Utah

It doesn't seem like anybody is willing to help, they are always very friendly and helpful before you purchasing anything, but after you paid your money, they are NO longer friendly and helpful. I bought an accessory from them, I was told it would work but it was not compatible when I took it home. The second day, I took it back to the store and exchanged it with some games instead. They told me the first charge would be refunded (the girl at Customer Service Desk who took care of the exchange told me)which they never did, and now I have to pay for both the accessory and the games or my credit is going to be ruined. The store manager insisted I should be paying for it and if I want to talk about it I need to go back to the store which is pretty far to drive. I am looking at my receipt in front of me saying the accessory's cost is refunded but it is actually on my statement that I have to pay. I wanted to just return my games but my husband said it doesn't worth to spend the time and gas to travel. Well, I paid for both and guess what, I will never go back to Bestbuy to buy anything and I will make sure to tell this story to anybody I know.
Patrick

your story is a little confusing but.. anyway, if it's so far then why not just drive to a closer retail store?

Best Buy Customer Care

Bait & switch all in one computer | Best Buy review from Winter Park, Florida

i bought a h.p. all in one computer at best buy , ft wayne..in .. salesman told me it came with a wireless mouse and keyboard, when i got it home and opened it, no wireless mouse/keyboard. called the next day. after being on hold 24 min. 27 secs. i got to talk to a person, i told her what went on , she put me on hold while she went to talk to the salesman. 9 min.3 secs. later another girl picks up the phone, asks if she could help me. told her what was going on and how long i was on hold and she hung up on me. called back , talked to a man this time , told him what was going on he said he would have a manager call me back. 1 hr. later the same guy called back. said they would sell me a wireless mouse/keyboard at half price....this is the worst case of bait & switch i have ever seen......they lied and ripped me off ............one time only.......

What do you think bait and switch is? I don't think it means what you think it means.

Your experience is not unusual. Maybe you should check that issue and make your future purchases with one of the top rated retailers.

Best Buy Manager
Loss
Three years ago, I purchased a refridgerator from Best Buy. At the time, the Polaris OH store was running a promotion on many appliances that guaranteed a store credit for the warranty if a claim was not made during the warranty period. I specifically remember seeing...
Mike_mn

Sounds like this was an in-store promotion at the discretion of the manager. BB changed there policy years ago giving the store managers more authority in product, pricing, and, promotions.

When I go to McDonalds in Texas, i want to get the same Big Mac as I get in Minnesota, not the store managers version of a Big Mac!

Even BB stores in the same area will specialize in one area or another. It's frustrating, and one more reason why I don't purchase from BB anymore.

Every online purchase I make, I save the add, the purchase details, paypal/purchase receipt, email confirmations, and all communications concerning the purchase, to pdf files - just in case there needed. Haven't need them yet. I've had very good experiences purchasing online.

The same hasn't been true with BB and other retailers.

I've even taken photos of products on shelfs for reference and proof. Maybe it's time to take photos of in-store promotions now also. How sad!

View more comments

Unhappy with purchase AND return policy | Best Buy review from Carmel, Indiana

Bought a Toshiba laptop for just over $600. Got it home and noticed that the keypad was coming away from the computer. Took it back for refund and was told that my only options for a refund over $500 are a Best Buy gift card or a refund check that will be mailed. This is a very poor policy, especially if one is returning a defective item! To further add to the bad experience, I was in the store twice on the day of my purchase. The first time for approximately 20 minutes, and I was never approached by an employee offering to help. The second time, it took 30 minutes before I was asked if I needed help. I will not purchase anything from Best Buy in the future.

I like how people think that a requirement for working in retail is the ability to read minds and know when a customer wants help. If you are unable to approach someone yourself and ask for help then you should be shopping with a parent who can speak for you.

Mike you must be a child for ASSuming that those who side with the company are former employees.

@Anonymous

Jimminy cricket! It was a joke.

These comments were written along time ago but as I'm reading all of these reviews, I have to say that John T is the most repetitive person I've ever read. John T says the same *** over and over.

Can you say anything besides letting everyone know what Consumer Reports says? We get it. You say it on EVERY review. And your obsessed with filing complaints to the attorney general over legitimate transactions.

Are you kidding me? Get the *** over it you know-it-all.

You're like a broken record. Be more creative with what you say.

Mike_mn

At least you'll get your money back. . . . . . . .

It looks like a user group! LOL. IHateStupidCustomers, JohnT, A-not-a-mouse, Honest4Sure, and Me!

How many of us were former BB employees! And, who is the BB Agent? :eek

Alan C

If you do your due diligence research, you'll easily conclude there is NO reason to shop BBY. For peace of mind, shop Amazon.

Hey JohnT, ignore IHateStupidCustomers. Maybe when he is through reading his Dr.

Soius book he'll learn how to read a Consumer Report.

But I wouldn't bet on it. Just ignore him.

Actually IHateStupidCustomers I have taken note that you never really contributed anything informational in your comments. Could it be that you are under the age of 10?

If the check is not received after 30 days file a complaint with your State Attorney General's Office. Actually they could have refunded your money when you returned but chose not to do so.

@JohnT

John, you're a little too obsessed with Consumer Reports.

Patrick

actually, most stores have that policy. so you might want to pay with a credit or debit card next time or have mommy and daddy do your shopping for you.

stores can't just give away that much cash for a return, especially if it's early in the day.

and why didn't you just exchange it for another computer? wouldn't you still need one?

View more comments (10)

BEST BUY BS Insurance Scam

Whatever you do don't fall for Best Buys Phone Plan Insurance scam.. Worry Free for $ 12.00 bucks a mouth.. ya worry free for Best Buy drawing on my Visa for 36 months.. the plan cost more than the BlackBerry and to boot.. if your Black Berry is anything like the 1000 that randomly turn off and on.. drop calls.. randomly... sticking keys.. etc.. BB owners know the drill... Don't rely on BEST BUY to honour the insurance unless.. A your phone fails within 14 days... REALLY !! or B.. you manage to waste your time at Best Buy playing with your phone until you can "Replicate the Problem" witnessed by the Best Buy Staff.. "REALLY REALLY"... I ended up taking the phone to Fido who sent it out for testing.. gave me a loner for free and repaired the problem at their expense. So Buyer beware.. this is a clever scam... FD.. Vaughan

So they did exactly what you wanted them to do and yet you are still whining and *** about it.... How dare they give you a loaner phone for free and fix the issue at their expense!

I hate when the store takes care of me. Grow up, you selfish child.

FIRST off, in OP's defense, the plan *could* have had sales tax on it.. However, I'm gonna go ahead and call bull on the fact that he paid for it for 36 months.

Monthly Billed cell phone protection plans bill for TWENTY THREE MONTHS only. Don't believe me?

Purchase one and check your reciept! :eek

PeopleNeedToRead, first off I don't believe Anonymous went to scope out the price before he posted. Why would he?

Secondly, alot of people experienced rude sales people at Best Buy everywhere including me. You sound a little rough around the edges too. Google "complaint Best Buy" and you'd be surprised.

Everyone knows somebody who had a bad experience at Best Buy. Change that attitude, Dude!

I'M RIGHT!!!

Best Buy employees do post here. How else would Anonymous know the plan ls $9.99/mo?

They are just as rude here as they are in the store. Gee that makes me want to run out to BB and buy a phone right now.

@A-not-a-mouse

Wow... People are dumb.

First off, I'll tell you right now, I'm a Best Buy employee and deal with people day in and day out. If there is a problem, we fix it. If you're a little out of policy, we'll return it or exchange it. And A-not-a-mouse, you can go right on BestBuy.com and see that the monthly service plan for phones are $9.99 a month (it's no secret).

And of course we have to verify the problem before we can send it out because if we don't, our service center will actually charge the store for looking at it, and in turn we have to charge the customer more money which we certainly don't want to do. I'm really sick and tired of the ignorant people who post on here about stuff that's mainly their fault (yes, some situations it seems as though the particular Best Buy store could have handled the issue better).

All the terms and conditions are right on the back of the receipt, easily found on the website, and emailed to you when you purchase a protection plan. It absolutely astonishes me at how people are today....

First off the plan is $9.99 / mo so you are special in the fact you can't do math right and other than you shattering and destroying the phone it would have been exchanged within the return policy. Ignorant people like you make me glad I have another career path in life now

View more comments (5)
Review
First and foremost, I would like to state that I have always loved Best Buy. When I was a kid for me going to Best Buy was like going to Toys R Us for other kids, and when going there I always felt like a kid on Christmas morning. This love has been going on since...

John T.... Can u say anything besides telling us what the dec 2012 issue of Consumer Reports says?

You post the same comment on almost every review you read. Enough, we get it. You are very tiresome just repeating yourself and I'm sure everyone else is tired of reading it too. Man of many words here....

Just repeat the same *** over and over. So clever.

View more comments