Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Best Buy in Richardson, Texas - Horrible Costumer Service

Well first off i went to get a phone repaired and no one told me my phone was going to be replaced instead of repaired as the contract i signed says. so i got a "new" phone and everything on my old phone wasnt sync properly (by your sales associate) so i lost all my 600+ pics and contacts AND bank info. i asked for my old phone and basically told that theres nothing that could be done its basically not your problem. ive had the "new replacement" phone since sat and it hasnt been working properly. it dies, no service, txt wont send, it sounds like if there is static on ALL calls. its ridic how often it freezes and overheats. i left the store today (3 hrs ago) after spending 2 hrs with a supervisor trying to fix the problem. he said it was the sim card and software needed to be updated. they did that. i get home phone works fine until now. it wont charge and it just died. wont turn on at all. i took the battery out and it works again but this is ridic. wht kind of costumer service is this??? not to mention the fact that im waiting to be credited the $50 back from my loaner phone. im very angry with this company and geek squad. and yet no one does anything to resolve the matter.

I had bought an extended warranty and I got some retard on the line named Jason in the Dispatch department and he refused to help me. He does not care.

My computer was not working correctly and said it would be 72 hours before someone calls me back. Jason is a real retard and needs to get some psyco help.

Did they give you a NEW phone or a *** refurb? What does your contract say?

View more comments (2)
Loss
I recently had an experience at Best Buy that suggested some highly unethical and predatory practices. I purchased a Nook that was defective, stopped working after using twice. Best Buy refused to allow me to return it though it was within the guidelines of their...

Hey Fatnet2000, I read that Forbes article. Its online.

And the first one they had on there. The person complaining had the weblink on here but was taken off. I think that you may work for BB because you diss it in one breath and blame the customer in another. Thats what I notice what BB employees do on here.

Leiko49, ignore Fatnet2000. BTW, I bet Fetnet2000 doesn't trust Forbes magazine.

View more comments

Best Buy in Brooklyn, New York - Awfull service at bestbuy.com

I ordered 2 Canon PG 210 cartridges at bestbuy.com on 02/04/13(order BBY01-554979054232). One cartridge is ready to pick up in the store. Nobody knows about the second cartridge. It is more than 2 weeks after the order has been placed, and I'm still waiting. Adding words adding words adding words adding worrds adding words adding words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words
Tags
  • Waiting...

Best Buy in New York, New York - Westinghouse television

the box was not opened until a month ,I have a full time school scedule at suffolk county community college .I was refused a return on a television that was clearly damaged from another source .I did not rearize it was also repacked before I purchased it. I refused to take the broken television back with me and told I broke it and was embarrassed ,harressed ,and treated with very little respect from the sales manager Steven Lennon .store 458 I am so upset that I am going down any possible path to rectify this bull----action taking by a fifty billion dollar a year business .I recieved a copy of a paper saying how the television had multable scratches and dents without the mention of the crack in the screen ,which was why I brought it back .It had a multitude on colored lines throughout the whole screen . I am going to the better business bureau,as well as set up a table on the outside of the store and will stay thier as long as I can to share this shady ended business dealings from a fifty billion a year in sales rippoff store .I also have a church member fellow christain and friend who is a reporter for channel 12 news .So because of one very rude employee ,You have managed to *** off a very angry Vietnam Veteran .It is not what is right and wrong anymore .I t just turned into matters of princible .The very basis of what our country is based on .I do not even think you can even phanthom the radifications that fron this will transpire from this rude obnoxious harassing little worm of a man .

By looking at your gramer and spelling you need to spend your spare time in school instead of camping out at the store. I do not know what good that will do.

#619474

funny to hear someone too busy to open the box for a month, but willing to camp out

Lol your first mistake was buying a westinghouse. I used to work for best buy and let me tell you theres a reason those are the cheapest tv's we sell.

Theyre a piece of ***.

Even us former and current employees regret selling them. but we don't choose what the store decides to sell.

So you can't understand why a store wouldn't want to take back a TV that was broken a month after purchase? Way to call out the manager by name on a complaint site. This is why employees do not give out last names. 50 billion dollars a year business? Please show me any source you have that shows Best Buy has ever made anything close to that in a year.

Vietnam veteran, huh? What does that have to do with anything? Nothing, but you just have to throw that out there to try to get more people to cry in their beers for you. You go off on a spiteful, ignorant rant and you call yourself a Christain. Jeez, you have all kinds of problems.

Where are Simon and IhateStupid customers? You'd think that they'd jump all over this. For advise go read JohnT's comments on the other complaints.

View more comments (4)

Best Buy in Westbury, New York - VERY RUDE SALESMANAGER STEVEN LENNON store 458

I have taken a forty dollar cab ride to the store with a damaged led television 5692113 westinghouse .I was told that they could not let me exchange it or take it back due to scratches and a crack in the class screen . the sales manager brought out a bottle of cleaner an a rag and cleaned off all the fingerprints .I was told to take it back and would not receive any credit .I told him to give me a paper saying they had possesion on the product . I left the product in the store and am planning to set up tables in front of the store to deter any more dis satisfied customers from entering with out my testimony .This is my constitutional right an will take full advantage of it .As long as I am not infringing on thier property then this is a legal course of action .This got turned into a very heated debate with this employee .So now it is just a matter of princible and personal justice .I spend enough money at this fifty billion dollar chain store to be disrespected ,embaressed harrassed and blamed for damage I did not do . I will deter any customer I come in contact with for the months following .I also am in contact with a very good member of my church who is a reporter for channel 12 news Ken Grisewald .I do not even think that this store realizes the radifacations of *** off A very angry VIetnam Veteran with a vengence for justice .For this I apoligize to all of the other employees that may be involved indirectly . My name is Harold Lee McDonald jr.My home phone is (631)676-2512 my cell phone is (631)926-1653 my email is duggiefir113052@yahoo.com

Harold, either file a claim in small claims court or shut up already you crazy PSTD psycho.

@Simon

I find that it is much more effective to call the better business bureau and the attorney general. File complaints with both and allow them to investigate the business.

They will apply pressure to the business to resolve the issue and if they don't this will lead to seriously and publicly hurting the reputation of the business. Their rating will go down and the issue will be placed online for the public to view.

View more comments (1)
Service
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy in Orlando, Florida - SUBSTANDARD SERVICE AND FOLLOWUP

December 26th 2012, my wife and myself were Major appliance shopping,we stopped into Best BUY store 509, we bought close to $2000.00 rein appliances. The salesman asked if we needed installation for our Ice machine. We asked if we needed to provide any parts or any waterline or anything. He said no its included in the price. delivery was made almost a week later, our refigerator door was dented and scratched,deliveryman took pictures. they asked what they were supposed to install, i said the ice machine needs to be hooked up to sink. they lookeed at it and said where are the parts,we dont carry parts. then they said it required special parts and a plumber would have to install. lie number 1. Called manager, manager said we could get a refund for the install fee. he would call us back about the refrigerator door, waited, days, no call back. called store, no calls returned. File complaint with BBB,3 weeks later ,After the return period was over ,best buy responds that no one had contacted them about our refrigerator.But they will send a check for $100.00.MY refrigerator door was not dented or scratched when i bought it, the door is $600.00 or more according to samsung. Not to mention the 3 weeks we went without use of our Ice machine where best buy misrepresents its installation process.

Hey JohnT, you forgot to mention that the December issue of Consumer Report rated Best Buy at the bottom among retailers.You know how much BB employees that come here love to hear that. :)

If paid by credit card, file a complaint with the issuing bank of the credt card. The phone number is usually on the back of the card.

Tell the representative that you would like to file a complaint under the Fair Credit Billing Act because you did not receive the product and services that you paid for.

Also, you can file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's Office, Consumer Complaint Division. Call 850-414-3990 about the form and process.

View more comments (1)
Service
Best Buy Installation
Tags
  • Call option
Hi, i'm M. Chevalier. I bought one portable DVD with a four years warranty in your Lasalle Store. After 4 hours the product stop working. I came back into the store and they don't have the same one and ask me to wait one week for the new delivery. When I call back,...

Canada would be better off kicking out Best Buy. Just don't kick them south. :p

View more comments

Best Buy - Waste of money and time

We bought a laptop a year ago from best buy, it had the 1 year warrenty on it, when we got it home the computer charger was cutting on and off, as if we were unplugging it. We took it back to best buy asked them to fix it and they said "its just the power cable, but its not covered by warranty so you have to buy another one." So we bought another power cable, still had the same problem, we took it back again, they tried everythin under the sun to tell us it was just jus and there wasn't anything wrong with the computer because they "couldn't" get the computer charger to short out. But when I took the computer unpluged the power cable that they had crammed into my computer out and put it back it didn't work. So thye said they will ship it off fpr 2 weeks and get it fixed. We get it back home finally and guess what it doesn't work right still. So we take it back to Best buy again, they send it off for another 2 weeks. It comes back they tell us "There is nothing wrong with the computer, its the power cable again, they claim we bought the wrong one because our computer os picking and doesn't like certain power cables." By the it is to late to take back to other power cable. So we bought the one they said would work. It worked for about a week. Then it started shorting out again. So once again we drive a hour back to best buy, get it sent off again to be fixed, this time we demanded to have to fixed right and not rigged to work for a few weeks. By this time we only have a few weeks left on our warrenty, they replaced what we told them to and the computer came back working finally, but whoever fixed our computer, Drove the 3 screws straight through the laptop, So there sticking out near the keypad. They also scratched up the keyboard with a screw driver trying to get the kayboard out. Aparrently they didn't feeling they need to fix or tell us about there mistake. Becaue they were tryingt o ruh us out of the store. So we called when we got home and seen it, they said "you'll have to bring i t back and send it off for another 2 weeks because we don't have anything to fix it in the store." We had the computer for a year, but it was in the shop for 2 months of that times getting repaired. We had to drive an hour each way everytime. They do everything they can to not have to help you, and say its your fault and that yur doing something wrong. Do Not waste your money and time. You will be paying for it later.

You have just been introduced to Best Buy's customer service. Your story is ordinary as a Best Buy customer that has experienced a problem with a purchase. You may file a complaint with your state's Attorney General's Office's Consumer Protection Division. I find that these agencies are helpful in the disputes and if enough people experience similar problems they release their findings to the general public, not good for Best Buy. Also if paid by credit card you can file a complaint with the credit cards's bank under the Fair Credit Billing Act. A waste of time would be to seek

resolution through the Best Buy corporate office. The Dec 2012 issue of CONSUMER REPORT rated Best BUY very poorly. This last sentence alone seems to infuriate Best Buy employees that comment here thus I expect a little pouting. Be aware that they do comment on this website usually to insult the grievant or anyone that disparages Best Buy. Just ignore them.

Best Buy in Hiram, Georgia - Stove does not come with broiler pan

we bought a 800.00 fridgedaire stove, it was delivered this morning, after delivery men left ! Noticed there was no broiler pan. I went to Best Buy and was. Informed this stove does not include a broiler pan, comes with a broiler but no pan!! Went to fridgedaire website and it's 80.00 for pan. I did not ask if it came with pan because any other stove we purchased came with one. Best Buy had a stove for 319.00 that came with pan but not an 800.00 one!! What a rip off!!!I will never shop at Best Buy again!

A few years ago, when management put a new stove in my apartment there wasn't a broiler pan included. I called management and told him about it, and he offered to get one for me and I told him I didn't want one, I just wanted it put in my file that one wasn't included with the stove, so if I move, I won't be billed for it.

Product
Best Buy Website

Best Buy in Danvers, Massachusetts - Black tie protection

I had purchased a iPhone 4 and two year protection plan from geek squad when I had purchased the protection plan they had lied to me and said when the phone breaks they will switch it in store I went in today to switch out my phone and to my suprise they said it takes 3 to 5 days and its $50 for a loaner phone if I had known that or the best buy employees were honest with me originally I would not have spent $120 on the protection plan all the manager could tell me was unfortanatly theirs nothing they can do so instead of customer service I feel like I have been scammed out of $120 and am stuck with a broken phone

well, you have to understand that iphone 4's are not sold anymore. It takes 3-5 days because we don't keep things in stock that aren't being sold.

Had you bought an iphone 5, yes. they could switch it out for you because they have those in stock. ***.

Use your common sense, if you bought a vcr 4 years ago and a 4 year protection plan, you wouldn't expect them to still have THOSE dinosaurs still in stock, would you? I mean for real...

Loaner phones are a $50 deposit. Once your phone is repaired and returned to you the $50 is then refunded upon returning the loaner phone.

It's not that hard to understand. Also, you can't be without your phone for 3-5 days???

Trust me, life will go on if you don't have your phone for a couple days. Sorry that you won't be able to update your twitter every five seconds with useless information to random strangers.

Mike_mn

BB employees are pressured to sell the protection plans. BB make allot of money on those plans. Even though the employees do not make commission, they do get awards for selling, so there is incentive for them to sell the protection plans.

The protection plan I read from VM states that it's up to the company if they replace or repair the phone. Some even state that they can replace with a different model/make! Replacing is something they can do in-store or overnight. Repairing takes a bit longer. No matter what the salesperson stated, or even if they fully understood it, it may not be their fault why it would take longer. There are good salespersons. Did you deal with the same salesperson? probably not. There not all against you.

My son;s mothers phone broke and they tried the same thing. We were on the phone with them so many times int he next several days that they finally just sent her a new phone! Sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the grease!

No matter what the sales person says, read the agreement. You might be surprised what it says.

From your message, it sounds like they are trying to resolve the issue, so your not out $120. Just don't take the loaner phone. and wait the 3-5 days. I bet that $50 loaner phone comes with it's own high rate minute & usage fee charges. Contact them at the 3 days, the 4th, and the 5th.. and don't stop. If it's critical you have a phone, don't get the loaner, get one of the low cost pre-paid packaged throw aways.

You can always use Google Voice when your home to make and receive FREE calls on your computer or laptop. This is what I did for several months when I lost my job - and my cell phone. Also, if you have a Android phone, you can use GrooveIP to make & receive Google Voice calls on your cell phone! It works. I use it.

If you give up, then your's giving your money to BB as a gift! Make them live up to there agreement and get your phone replaced or repaired!

Good luck, and don;t give up on getting your phone replaced.

View more comments (2)
Review
#382042 Review #382042 is a subjective opinion of poster.