Filter by rating :
filters

Worst Customer Service-Best Buy

I had store credit to use and I decided to look online to see what I wanted ahead of time. There were a pair of headphones and a phone case that I found online that said it was available in stores. I went to two different stores and both stores did not have their advertised product. So I went online to purchase on there site, I get to where I have to put my address in and the website goes down. I used the chat option to talk to a customer representative who then referred me via phone to place more order. So now I am sitting here and it has been over an hour and I have not gotten anywhere with my order. This is the worst experience I have ever had. I will use my store credit in store to purchase things I do not even want so I will never have to deal with Best Buy again. This is the most ridiculously frustrating experience I have ever had. I work in customer service, so I usually have patience with these kind of things, but this is just absurd. I will never be shopping here again.

store credit means it has to be used in store.... its the same in any store

@.......

Actually it does not. I used my store credit at a different store and online.

View more comments (1)
Best Buy Deal
Loss
My husband and I recently purchased a range, dishwasher, microwave and refrigerator from a Best Buy store for delivery to a high rise in Chicago. Unfortunately, the renovations to the property have taken longer than expected and I have had to reschedule the delivery...

POOR RETURN POLICY | Best Buy review from Central Islip, New York

I WENT TO BEST BUY TO PURCHASE A SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2, 10.1, WITH ACCESSORIES, FOR A GIFT. JUST BEFORE I PURCHASED IT I WAS INFORMED THAT THERE WAS A 15 DAY RETURN POLICY. I TOLD THE EMPLOYEE THAT IT WAS A GIFT, I MAY NOT SEE THE PERSON FOR 2 WEEKS, COULD IT BE EXTENDED? I ASKED FOR A MANAGER AND WAS TOLD THERE WERE NO EXCEPTIONS. THIS NEW POLICY CAUSED ME TO NOT PURCHASE THE ITEMS AND WENT ELSEWHERE. BEST BUY SHOULD REVISIT THIS NEW POLICY AND CHANGE IT BACK TO 30 DAYS. THEY LOST A DECENT PURCHASE AND THESE PURCHASES ADD UP.
Patrick

well.. you could have waited to buy it, I'm guessing you weren't doing too much thinking.

#661944
@Patrick

I DON'T LEAVE MY SHOPPING TO THE LAST MINUTE. MY TIME IS VERY VALUABLE TO ME.I AM NOT CRITISIZING THE EMPLOYEES, JUST SAYING THE "BIG WIGS" NEED TO REVISIT THIS NEW POLICY.

ITS NOT NICE TO CALL PEOPLE ***. I DON'T LIKE DOING BUSINESS WITH PEOPLE THAT FEEL THAT WAY AND I'M THINKING YOU MAY BE AN EMPLOYEE.

HAVE A NICE DAY. :)

Where did you buy it from instead that had more than a 15 day return policy on electronics? It wasn't Wal-Mart, Target, Radio Shack, or Sears because they also have a 15 day return policy on electronics.

It's not like Best Buy's is so much shorter than everyone else's.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Manager
Loss

Refused to replace faulty product. Costing me $900 in lost wages | Best Buy review from Joliet, Illinois

My BBB complaint against Best Buy filed moments ago.... Don't bother buying from them. They do not stand behind their products, their customer service is a joke, and their protection programs do nothing but tick people off. Enjoy the complaint: Filed against : Best Buy-Joliet 1500 N. Larkin Joliet IL 60435-3769 Complaint Description: On 3/2/2013 I purchased a new Toshiba Laptop, My receipt shows: P845-S4310 P845-S4310 - WIN8/14"/I5/6GB from Best Buy in Joliet, IL. I also purchased a protection and replacement plan, for one year, GSP # 4236175747. On 5/28/2013, my computer would not boot up. I called Geek Squad, and the agent stated I did not have a protection plan and there was nothing he could do for me. He directed me to call Best Buy. Called (888) 229-3770, I was transferred twice, then told again, I did not have a protection plan and there was nothing they could do. I should contact the manufacturer, or go into Best Buy and pay for the repair. I asked to be connected to the Joliet store, and she refused. I then called the store, who again told me there was no Protection Plan in place. Asked to talk to Corporate, and was given the 888-237-8289 number. Called there, was transferred twice more, got put through to "Agent G", who finally believed me when I said I purchased the protection program and looked up my receipt. She said that there was something wrong with the number they had given me and it wasn't showing up in the computer. She directed me to take my computer into the store. I did, they told me it was a failed hard drive, it was the third they've seen this week in a computer less than 3 months old, and it would take 1-2 days to fix. They also told me that I would lose all of my data, because my protection program did not cover that. On 5/30/2013, I checked the status of my repair, and I was shocked to see that it hadn't even been checked in yet. I called the store, who informed me that the repair was on the hard drive, there was nothing I could have done. The hard drive failed and it would be 2-3 weeks before I could get my computer back. I explained that wasn't an option. I use this computer for work, and will be out over $50 per day in lost wages each day I did not have it. I spoke to the Manager, Jessica. I asked for a replacement or a refund. She refused. Called the Corporate number. Spoke to Agent Jessica. Explained my situation. She also refused. Spoke to her supervisor. I asked if I had brought in a product that I had dropped, and it shattered into a million pieces, if it would be replaced. She stated it would. I asked why I should lose over $900 waiting on my computer for the next 3 weeks if it could be replaced. She again refused to do anything further. I was sold a faulty product less than 3 months ago, and they are not standing behind their product or even acknowledging the lost wages this will cost me because of that faulty product. I have been treated as an inconvenience and an annoyance, hung up on, and transferred more times than I can count. Your Desired Resolution: I would like a new computer of equal or lesser value as quickly as possible. If I am unable to get a computer quickly, I would like my lost wages of $50 per day along with the new computer when they do finally fix their mistake. This case will be reviewed by a complaint specialist at the Better Business Bureau, and then forwarded to the business for their response. It is our policy to allow the business 30 working days to respond to your complaint. You will be notified when the business has responded. What would you like to do next? View the status of your complaint Return to the BBB Homepage BBB Privacy Policy
MattD78

Best Buy is not going to reimburse you for your business, that is not their problem. You may think it is because the computer they sold didn't work but that blame would go on the manufacturer. Also, the argument can also be made if you run a business that needs a working computer you probably should have a backup.

I hate it when people say "best buy does not stand behind their products". Best buy does not manufacture any products, you should be upset at whoever made the laptop that failed you.

@Win1

Why should he blame someone he had no relationship with? He did not buy this from the manufacturer.

He bought this from Best Buy. They can go jump through the manufacturers hoops.

His only relationship involving this product is the company who sold it to him. That's who he should blame.

MattD78
@Morgan

Wrong. This is why a manufacturer's warranty exists.

After the 15 day return/exchange policy at Best Buy if he did not buy a protection plan (which he didn't by his own admission) it is then the customer's responsibility to contact the manufacturer and have THEM replace the unit which is their responsibility.

That's why a manufacturer's warranty exists, to have the manufacturer not the store replace a product if it fails before the expected date. It is not called a STORE warranty, it is a manufacturer's warranty.

" I would like a new computer of equal or lesser value as quickly as possible. If I am unable to get a computer quickly, I would like my lost wages of $50 per day along with the new computer when they do finally fix their mistake."

LMAO!

You bought the protection plan, which if you bothered to read, says they will fix your computer, not replace it. These are the terms you agreed to and the plan you purchased.

You will have to wait for your computer to be fixed and you most certainly won't be compensated for lost wages.

View more comments (4)
Loss

BEWARE! Do not get Best Buy credit!!

I had about 4000 dollars of FRAUD on my account. They concluded their "investigation" and have decided that fraud was not committed. I am now on the hook for all this debt!!! Do not EVER get a Best Buy or any HSBC credit of any kind. That includes CapitalOne. I was just in shock when this happened. I had had a zero balance for years. I would have thought this sort of thing would be illegal, but apparently not. The people in the fraud department will not ever let me talk to anyone who could actually take care of this. Jennifer Shaw

Sent money-no product | Best Buy review

Ordered cigarettes several times from best buy cigarettes.com. Service initially was quite prompt. Services seemed to slow with each new order. I ended up having to file an inquiry ticket with each new order. Then when I finally received a tracking order, it would not show up on usps tracking until it had been shipped From incoming usps facility to my local facility. One shipment was delayed because they "had no product, and had no information when product would be available!" My last order has not been shipped within 30 day deadline, so I demanded my money back. I then received a rambling reply that they had been in business for seven years and had a 91% approval rating. The last time I tried to access their website, I had error message "403 access denied by website."
Elesa

What does this have to do with Best Buy? Your title may be wrong?

Loss
This guy is THE worst manager I've ever encountered. He needs to go back to school to find out how to provide customer care and treat his employees better. I work for a very large company and would never allow this kind of behavior from my managers. He needs to be...

Your review tells us nothing. Why don't you try actually stating what happened?

View more comments
Best Buy Manager

Return policy not good for business | Best Buy review from Waterford Township, Michigan

Update by user Jun 14, 2013

Not long after this posting, Best Buy contacted me and offered to send a $40 gift card. When I countered that with an offer to return the phone so they could sell it, if they would give me the purchase price less a "stocking fee" they agreed to the refund, but still didn't want the phone back.

So they sent me a gift card for $80, and I can sell the phone on eBay if I want to. Basically a good outcome and I thank Best Buy for resolving this in a favorable way.

Update by user May 29, 2013

This was for my elderly mother who is 85, legally blind, can't drive and lives in a small town in Indiana.

Original review posted by user May 14, 2013

I bought two wall phone so my elderly mother, who lives out of state, could see and decide which one she wanted. When I tried to return the unwanted one several weeks later, Best Buy refused to give me credit, or to issue a store credit. So, I'm stuck with a $90.00 wall phone. Thanks Best Buy. You just made my buying decisions easier because I will no longer consider you for any of my purchases. I used to be a loyal customer, but you have made me an enemy. Beware all that Best Buy's return policy is now only 15 days.
Tailyn

I had a similar situation happen to me at best buy. I received the Xbox as a Xmas gift and didn't want it. We went to best buy to return it and b/c it was over 30 days they wouldn't give me back on credit card so I asked for store credit. We told the mgr that we wanted to buy a flat screen with the store credit, he still refused to accommodate us. I walked out of best buy 4 years ago and have never returned and won't!!!! There are much better stores out there such as pc Richards who will bend over backwards for the customer.

Denetria

Some people are so smug. They apparently can't imagine what it's like to try to buy things for older, disabled people who can't get out and have no access to the internet. Those people still need things and they still have opinions about what they like and don't like...but they have to see it.

If your are going to buy something and think that you might return it then don't even buy it. I deal with this all day.

Our return policy is 14 days. If you can't make up your mind in that time, then you have know business buying it.

I never in my life returned anything. I do the research before I buy anything.

@me

So, me, I take it you've never purchased a "gift" item that your giftee didn't care for. Amazing.

I have bought items that didn't stand-up to their reputation and most definitely took it back.

It's a consumer's right, I would imagine? I certainly wouldn't hang on to something I didn't like or want.

Target, Wal-Mart, and Sears also have 15 day return policies for electronics.

Which store will you shop at now that will return a wall phone several weeks after purchase? I can't think of a single one.

@Simon

Walmart Simon. I had a Microwave that I used for 6 weeks.

Each week I found something else about it that I didn't like. Finally I packaged it up. Walmart took it back with out any problem nor questions. I simply told them I didn't like it.

This was just recently, the beginning of May. And, if I order from them on-line, I can easily take it to my local Walmart and return it for my money back.

Best Buy will make you return an on-line order by mailing it back. What a CROCK!

@Elesa

That is completely false. Any item purchased from bestbuy.com can be returned in any best buy store (barring marketplace items.

@someone

oh really? Perhaps it depends,on who you get at the counter?

I bought a camera from them, about 1 or 1/2 years ago, the person I got it for didn't want that model.

When I tried to return it, I had to mail it back and call the "on-line store" for directions on where to mail it, etc. Isn't that something!

@Simon

I don't know about the other two, but Target's return policy for electronics is 45 days. I just got stuck with $137 in goods because the policy at Best Buy changed from 30 to 15 days between my purchases and returns.

@Simon

Did you read Denni's remark below. Ha!

Again, proof BB needs to get their act together!

Read www screw-blu dot com. You'll learn something's.

@Elesa

Oh jeeze, that is www screw-blue dot com .. I imagine you folks figured that out tho. Sorry.

View more comments (10)

Rude Customer Service | Best Buy review from Burlington, Vermont

Today, May 14th, I sign up an account with Best Buy.com to purchase a DVD, and to shop in the future. I filled out a online account, and went ahead to complete my purchase. Come to find out they don't ship to P.O.Box because of security reasons. I live in a association that does not have mail delivery, we must have P.O.Boxes. OK fine, I went to fill out my street address for UPS, that does deliver. The system did not recognize the address as legit. So I called Customer Service to see if they could help me. I got a rep, who became rude when I was trying to explain my problem, I asked him to let me talk, but kept talking over me. I told him he was being rude and I would like to talk to a supervisor, I requested twice and he would not transfer me. H e continued to rudely speak to me, I raised my voice telling him I was a customer and demanded a supervisor, he then mumbled and hung up on me. I called again, and don't you think it's the same rep. I hung up and tried the chat. I got a young lady name Kelly, who was polite. I asked to speak to a supervisor, she wanted me to explain my issue so she could brief the supervisor. I went on to explain my problem with her. She told me that they don't ship to PO Boxes. I went on to explain how I tried to fill my street address for UPS and that the system didn't recognize the address as legit. Kelly offered an alternative solution, by making arrangement with a friend or relative address to have my items ship to. I told her that is more of a security risk shipping to a address other than mine, and also I would have to travel close to a half-hour to anyone I really trusted. Kelly informed me that she couldn't over ride my issue and I understood that, but once again I was never given a chance to speak to a supervisor. So between rude customer service and a ridiculous shipping policy, they will never get my business again. It 1 hour and 15 minutes to the nearest Best Buy store.

It sounds like if you only have a P.O. Box, online shopping isn't for you.

Quit asking for a supervisor and accept their answer already. :zzz

Loss
What company, in this day and age, only has a 15-day return policy AND DOESN'T TELL YOU ABOUT IT AT ANY POINT DURING THE PURCHASE PROCESS? Absolutely ridiculous policy and completely unreasonable about making exceptions. What company, in this day and age, only has a...

Okay, if you have any questions about the return policy, you should ASK the cashier who is ringing you up what the return policy is. On almost everything in the store, the policy is 15 days, but if you are a Reward Zone Silver Member, it is 60 days, I believe. Now, 15 days is PLENTY of time to determine whether or not you like/want the item. Why would you just sit around with a product and not test it out until several days after the return policy expires? Normally, I test the product out as soon as I get home. If it doesn't work, I take it back right away. If the store is closed, I return it on their next business day. You shouldn't wait so long to decide if you like it. Take it home, measure it, try it out, do whatever you need to do. It doesn't work, you're not satisfied, return it immediately with receipt in hand. That's often the best policy to live by.

If you don't know the return policy or you forgot to ask when someone was ringing you up, you have a multitude of resources to FIND that policy. First, you can call the store you bought it from and ask what their return policy is. They will more than likely politely tell you, "15 days for standard returns, 60 days for Reward Zone Silver Members." If you choose not to call the store, you can go to Best Buy's website, and there will be a place right on their website where you can look up their return policy at any time. There are also brochures that discuss the return policy in front of almost all of the registers in any Best Buy store, so you can grab one as you are paying for the product. If you need another resource, you can call 1-888-BESTBUY and they will also politely tell you that the return policy is "15 days for standard returns, 60 days for Reward Zone Silver Members."

There are all kinds of ways for you to obtain a copy of the Best Buy return policy, so you cannot say that the store never provided you with a copy. They are RIGHT THERE at the registers for your taking. If you choose to take one, that's another matter altogether. The store also has its return policy printed on the very bottom of the receipt, so you can look there as well.

Bottom line, as soon as you buy a product, test it out IMMEDIATELY when you get it home. If you don't have time to test it out that day, test it out the next day. Then, if you don't like it, you can simply return it WITHIN the return policy with no questions asked. :)

View more comments