Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Don't buy from Best Buy Online

I placed an order online for an iPhone 5 last Thursday because I thought it would be easier to order online and just pick up at the store. They had a glitch in their system and somehow my order has become a "ghost" order that no one at Best Buy can apparently retrieve the details. They see the order but no details. The money has deducted from my bank account but the order still has not processed. I've spoken to customer service numerous times and been to the store. I know there can be computer problems with any business but to not be able to pull the order details at all??? It's a pending charge from my bank that they said could take a minimum of 10 days or longer to disappear from charging my bank account. No phone, and out $225.00. Never again! Maybe a month for now, I'll have my money back or a phone but I will not purchase from Best Buy again.
Tags
  • Electric charge

Best Buy Return Policy SCAM & RUDE Customer Service

I purchase from Best Buy regularly and even had a store credit card. I went to return a tripod and was told no because it was outside of their new 15-day return policy. As angry as I was about that, what was worse was the absolutely uncaring attitude of the managers and the so-called "customer service" at corporate. I have shopped at high end stores and BB's staff is more stuck up than any other "service" people I have ever encountered. People can say what they want about how people should "read the policy" but if you have been shopping somewhere for YEARS, you rarely stop to read your receipt every time. When I purchase electronics from Target, they stress the return policy at the point of sale. A quality retailer will make exceptions for customers or AT LEAST issue a store credit. When I called corporate they confirmed that it was up to the store to decide whether to issue a store credit outside of the 15-day window. They are just choosing not to. As a comparison, I purchased an iPhone 4 from Apple that stopped working a year later (after I dropped it). I had Apple Care, BUT when I purchased Apple Care back when iPhone 4 came out, it didn't cover replacements. The folks at Apple made an exception and gave me a new phone for FREE. I have since purchased a iPad and a MacBook Pro. That is why companies like Apple receive top customer service ratings and continue to outperform *** Best Buy. I paid off and canceled my Best Buy card the same day and will NEVER shop with them again. The amount of my loss was minimal, but I would have been SICK if I had made a major purchase and been told, "Oh, well. There is nothing we can do." I'm also convinced that the people here defending Best Buy work for the store.

So what if the people responding work or have worked for Best Buy? Most of us like/love our jobs and our co workers, this our platform to confront you self entitled, "rules shouldn't apply to me" customers!

Their policy is 15 days, end of story. I'm sorry you feel you are above the rules and should be treated special, but I'm glad Best Buy sticks to their clearly posted policies.

The "attitude" you received was probably because they're sick of dealing with you and every other princess who thinks rules shouldn't apply to them. You have a lot of growing up to do.

jb

Why did you want to return the tripod?

View more comments (2)

Best Buy review in Madison, New Jersey: Misreprestented Insurance on Cell Phone

I purchased an iPhone 4S about 1.5 years ago. I was sold the protection plan and was told it was EXACTLY the same thing as Apple Care but better. When I tried to use the protection plan I was told I had to wait for three days for a phone to come in (AppleCare gives a phone same day). When I went to pick up my phone the battery wouldn't charge after 20 minutes and they tried to get me to sign a form accepting the phone before confirming the phone worked. I was told I have to wait another three days for a phone to come in and they cannot ship to my home. This took 1.5 hours out of my day and left without a phone. I will NEVER buy a phone from Best Buy again. They misrepresented there insurance plan and tried to unload a broken phone.

Poor Customer Service from the Blue Shirts at Best Buy

I recently went a local Best Buy to purchase GPS device. I located the item with little difficulty. Locating someone working that area of electronics however was near impossible. When non of the Blue Shirts would even look my way, I asked a guy in a White Shirt for help. He was a polite and professional young man as he apologized and told me he worked for Cannon and could not assist me. I continued to wait. Finally I waved my arms and whistled to get a young man in Blue Shirt's attention. The problem, he did have the key to open the case. Finally with that problem solved I was led to a register. I noticed two things first was the dress code, the nylon hair cover. The second was that I was not given the device until I paid for it. (I believe was on purpose and not because he was being courteous...I guess I going to run out of the store) Last, with my purchase in hand and poor service behind I walk to the exit. I am suprised by the Yellow shirt asking to look at my reciept and the device. Okay so what did I learn? The monetary loss for me is zero. The monetary loss for Best Buy is a lifetime of never buying anything else from Best Buy. 1. Best Buy does not trust its customers nor its employees. 2. Customer Service is not a company objective. 3. I dont enjoy being treat like a thief. 4. I will take my business to someone that wants me there.

I understand Best Buy's need for loss control, so that doesn't bother me. But I, too, have experienced feeling invisible by the blue shirts.

I've gone in there intending to purchase something expensive and have to practically tackle someone to get them to help me. I've tried standing around, trying to catch someone's eye and can't get anyone to look at me. I'm a middle aged overweight woman, and I've seen the blue shirts fall all over themselves rushing to help a young, pretty woman. Last time I was in Best Buy, I couldn't get anyone to help me at all!

Finally someine saw me standing there and came over to ask if he could help me. I asked the question and he showed me where the items were that I was interested in. When I started asking questions about the product he finally admitted he was the Directv satellite guy and proceeded to try and sell me a satellite system!!! WTF???

I never did vet anyone to help me. I picked something out and hoped it was going to fit my needs (it did, thankfully). I am appalled. This is a huge change from about 5 years ago, when BB had the best customer service around.

Now, they just don't care. :(

Any product that is generally locked up or spider-wrapped is checked by the Yellow shirt at the front door, regardless of whether or not he or she just saw you pay for it at the register. It is company policy, as they are trying to deter theft. They just want to make sure that everything on your receipt is all that you are leaving with from the store. GPS units are not cheap, and they really can't afford to have $300+ worth of product just walking out the door. Plus, they do this to EVERYONE who has an item that typically costs more than $50 anyway, so you shouldn't feel singled-out. Yes, I will admit that it is a bit awkward, but it is really a good rule that is there to protect both Best Buy and the consumers.

1. It protects Best Buy from losing money

2. It protects the consumers by providing them with available products on the shelves. If shrink of a certain item repeatedly happened and no one did anything about it, then those products would NEVER be available, which would mean that customers could NEVER buy them, resulting in unhappy customers. So really, it's a good thing that Loss Prevention does this. It may be a little weird, but it only takes a couple seconds to do a quick receipt check and be on your way.

Lesson learned.

this started off as a complaint and ended off you being an *** buying a gps. first of all whistle at some one is pretty rude and the theive don't come into best buy and say they are theifs.

@***sumer

consumer...PLEASE correct your spelling. SMDH

Best Buy review in Austin, Texas: New return policy - YOu can't return anything

I purchsed my 2nd wall mount from Best Buy. Neither one fits and i tried to return it after 17 days and they would not take it. Now I'm out $150 for a bunch of *** that I don't need and can't use. These people are full of it. Don't buy anything else from them again.

Okay, if you have any questions about the return policy, you should ASK the cashier who is ringing you up what the return policy is. On almost everything in the store, the policy is 15 days, but if you are a Reward Zone Silver Member, it is 60 days, I believe. Now, 15 days is PLENTY of time to determine whether or not you like/want the item. Why would you just sit around with a product and not test it out until several days after the return policy expires? Normally, I test the product out as soon as I get home. If it doesn't work, I take it back right away. If the store is closed, I return it on their next business day. You shouldn't wait so long to decide if you like it. Take it home, measure it, try it out, do whatever you need to do. It doesn't work, you're not satisfied, return it immediately with receipt in hand. That's often the best policy to live by.

If you don't know the return policy or you forgot to ask when someone was ringing you up, you have a multitude of resources to FIND that policy. First, you can call the store you bought it from and ask what their return policy is. They will more than likely politely tell you, "15 days for standard returns, 60 days for Reward Zone Silver Members." If you choose not to call the store, you can go to Best Buy's website, and there will be a place right on their website where you can look up their return policy at any time. There are also brochures that discuss the return policy in front of almost all of the registers in any Best Buy store, so you can grab one as you are paying for the product. If you need another resource, you can call 1-888-BESTBUY and they will also politely tell you that the return policy is "15 days for standard returns, 60 days for Reward Zone Silver Members."

There are all kinds of ways for you to obtain a copy of the Best Buy return policy, so you cannot say that the store never provided you with a copy. They are RIGHT THERE at the registers for your taking. If you choose to take one, that's another matter altogether. The store also has its return policy printed on the very bottom of the receipt, so you can look there as well.

Bottom line, as soon as you buy a product, test it out IMMEDIATELY when you get it home. If you don't have time to test it out that day, test it out the next day. Then, if you don't like it, you can simply return it WITHIN the return policy with no questions asked.

just tried to return a product that doesn't do what it says it does. They made an exception for the guy ahead of me in line but when it was my turn they said because I bought it online and they didn't carry it in the store, they couldn't make an exception.

They even offered me $50 (compared to the $260 I spent) off of another product which would mean they are getting another $150 from me.

I think I'm going to take them up on the $50 then dispute the entire thing. jerks!!!

They have a 15 day return policy. While that may seem short to you, I think 2 weeks is plenty of time to decide if you need to make a return.

What really gets me is this was your SECOND tv mount you returned?

So you knew there was a chance this one wouldn't fit either, but you still sat on it for 17 days and it's somehow the store's fault? Unbelievable...

I had the same problem, tried to return a camera after 17 days, no refund, no exchange, no store credit. Who actually has the time to return in such a short amount of time?

And why don't they emphasize this NEW policy when you purchase, especially when you say, "I'm buying a gift". They lost me as a customer.

@SueA

2 weeks is not enough time for u? Go to target, wal mart, sears and get u something...oh wait there return policy is also 15 days on electronics, guess your out of luck.

Loss

Best Buy review in San Francisco, California: Phone Protection Plan SCAM !!

Do NOT buy. Worst scam ever. They do not replace the phone upon issue. They make you buy a loaner phone (I got an old beat up Blackberry) not even an iPhone. $50. Then you have to come back and pick up repaired phone. You have to sign your life away that the beat up used loaner phone would not be damaged while wait for repair. If any damage to the already used loaner phone, you owe Best Buy FULL retail value of the loaner phone. Insurance was not what was sold or expected from company. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Yeah, the loaner phone is only necessary if your broken phone isn't functional at all. The part about paying the full price of the loaner phone is false too. Sounds like you just got the bad end of the deal. I have the protection plan and have used it many times and haven't had a single problem.

PS did you think they were gonna give you another iPhone while yours was being serviced? LOL yeah right. You'd probably break it again! :grin

I have the protection plan on my iphone 5 32gb for ATT, they did not make me buy another phone, they asked me if i needed a phone for the meanwhile while they exchanged mine at the repair center and i left the $50 deposit, always make sure what you are signing take your time to read it because it said upon damage of the phone $250 would be charged to my credit card, it never said i had to pay full retail for a $500 phone.

View more comments (1)
Tags
  • Retailing

Best Buy's return policy

Bought a laptop and five weeks later it died. Was refused an exchange or return, despite the fact that it was a defective product. File a complaint with the MA Attorney General's office as well as the BBB. I will have to purchase a new laptop. I may file a small claims court action. I am now dealing with HP directly. BB will never get another cent from me. I am a great customer- I just recently purchased laptop for my son who is in college and an iPod. I had a flat screen t.v. picked out from Best Buy, but they will NEVER get any more money from me.

Laptop "died" is a very broad term. Did you drop it?

Was there a power surge? Perhaps you spilled something on it?

In my experience, the customers that whine the loudest are the ones whose fault it is in the first place. A laptop dying does happen but I'm also sure that the Geek Squad could have and probably did offer to send it out for service but you were too impatient to wait.

Wing

I'm not an attorney but I believe an attorney would say that somebody who buys a laptop computer does so with the reasonable assumption that it will last more than 5 weeks before it goes belly up. I am also told that most of those extended warranties you can buy at point of sale are not worth nearly as much as what they cost.

Patrick

well then I guess you don't plan on buying a laptop anywhere because a majority of retail stores have similar computer return policies. I guess you turned down the protection plan and assumed that the manufacturer warranty means bring it back to the store.

well you bought an HP laptop, there's no Best Buy brand laptop. oh well, *** people these days.

Simon sounds reasonable. You angry customer do not.

I assume you turned down the geek squad protection plan (which has no repair deductable cost) for your major purchase too. why is that bunk computer bby's fault and not the manufacturers fault?

#642090

The return policy is on a huge sign by customer service and on the back of your receipt. You have 15 days to return the laptop, which is the same policy as Wal-Mart.

You can waste your time with a lawsuit if you want, but you will be laughed out of court. It's not as if Best Buy has an unusually short return period. 15 days for electronics is industry standard. Your computer is still under the manufacturer's warranty.

Instead of :cry :cry :cry to anyone who will listen, why don't you contact them and get it fixed?

Best Buy review in Macedonia, Ohio: Phone Protection Plan is a rip-off

I got the Best Buy protection plan for my Android Incredible and one day I got the phone wet. I decided to take advantage of the plan and brought it into Best Buy for repair. The agent I spoke to said the phone and/or battery could be damaged and that he would first send the phone out. They then called a few days later and told me the phone was working. When I arrived, when they put the original battery in the phone, it would not work. They never tested the battery which the original agent knew could be a problem, since the indicator showed it had gotten wet! Then they sent me a new battery by mail and I was to bring the battery back to Best Buy and pick up my phone. The phone worked but when I tried to charge the new battery, it did not get higher than 2%. I took the phone and battery back to Best Buy and explained that the battery was not charging. They called me the next day and said the phone was ready. However, when the agent tried to transfer my contacts, the phone would not start because the battery was dead. He tried for 40 minutes to charge the phone and it would not get above 2%. They hadn't done anything! I am now waiting for another battery in the mail and am going to have to make my 6th trip to Best Buy to get the phone, which may or may not be working.

Take care of you stuff and you would not have that problem. They did not get your phone wet you did.

"They haven't done anything" "I am now waiting for another battery in the mail" sounds like they are working to help you get this repairs... driving to your local bby a few times sounds a lot better then buying a new battery

View more comments (1)
Loss
I pre-ordered the HTC One on 4/5. It was released on 4/19. It's the evening of 4/22 and my order is STILL being processed! I called customer service and they were nonchalant! This is horrible customer service. They put on this whole charade about pre-ordering and then...

I ordered an IPHONE6 in the store and received an email the next day telling me it was ready for pick up and if I did not pick it up by that evening the order would be canceled. When I arrived at the store I was told the phone was not actually there, its just how the orders are processed in their system. I was told the phones estimated delivery date was not for another two weeks.

View more comments

Best Buy review in Huntington Station, New York: Fire te manager

Corporate, I bought 4 months ago around 3,500 dollars worth of stereo equipment.The individual that helped me at best buy gave me a set of speakers two came in the box to many no big deal?I went to best buy same location to return it they could not find my order in the computer for some reason. I figured i would go there buy my two 70 inch tv,s because im now setting up my family room. It probably would have cost me another 8,000 dollars? I wanted to get a credit for whatever the speakers cost maybe a couple hundred dollars. They called the manager he was rude.To make a long story short he told me flat out he does not need my business. This is after him trying to fix the problem for 5 minutes. What prompted that was when I said to him that this experience today is horrible and even considering not doing business with best buy anymore.This happened on 4/21/2013 at around 1 p.m. If I tell you his effort was terrible so terrible that this is the first complaint I ever put in for anyone at any store in my whole life and im 45 years old.I can tell you that it is people like this managing your stores that will drive down sales. Because I who is very easy going and has no problem spending a decent sum of money without thinking about it, was just lost as a customer forever. How many more did this happen to in that store I wouldn't be able to tell you.And as a company like best buy who is trying to keep same store sales up its not gonna happen with people like this.It wasn't even the fact that I wasn't accommodated it was his attitude and recommend you fire him. The store is located on 148 Walt Whitman RdHuntington Station (631) 427-5161

From your post you were the one being rude. Next time you need help in any store go in with a good attitude and you will get a lot better help.

Store employees have feeling too.

Treat them with respect and they will treat you with respect. I have never had anyone in Best Buy be rude to me and havel always received good service.

Translation:

I tried to steal a "Pootie Tang" DVD from Best Buy and they kicked me out.

I am very sad about this.

Patrick

what it sounds like to me is that they wouldn't take them back because you bought them months ago. my advice? use your "big piles of money" to buy yourself some grammar lessons.

View more comments (2)