Filter by rating :
filters

Horrible Customer Service and Non-existant Staff | Best Buy review from Holyoke, Massachusetts

About a week ago I accidentally dropped my cell phone in the sink and it got completely soaked. So I went to Best Buy, since the phone protection plan is through them. I have gone through this process a few times and their service gets worse every time! I go to the Geek Squad counter and request to get a loaner phone. There are no loaners at the main store so the associate calls the mobile store they have downstairs. They have some, but the wait will be about an hour. After I tell them I do not want to wait so long, they assure me that it should not be that long. So off I go downstairs. There is ONE associate in the store and there are three other people besides me that are waiting. I had to wait two hours until I got any service and that was because an off duty employee that came into the store started the exchange process for her. Then I am informed I cannot get a loaner phone, because they needed my boyfriend's last four social security numbers, since our provider is Sprint, and I didn't know them. Usually I would be fine and just be on my merry way, but I was livid and extremely annoyed that I had just waited for two hours to be told that I couldn't get a loaner when I could have done the whole other part of the exchange upstairs two hours prior. A few days later, my boyfriend gets a call alerting him that the phone has arrived at the store. He lets them know I will be picking it up since he is at work. I get to the main store and again there are two associates at the counter and one of them is training and cannot do anything to help any of the customers picking up phones. The only knowledgeable associate is extremely slow and takes forever to assist the customer she's with when I first walk in. There is another customer before me and she is also extremely irritated, because the associate takes ONE HOUR to assist ONE CUSTOMER! So not only do they have no staff, the meager one they have is completely inefficient. So again I wait for an hour and again a random associate shows up to assist them. I did not have my receipt with me so again there was nothing they could do to help me. Are you joking? I know all the information on the account and I was the one who brought the phone to be exchanged. I understand that is their policy, but again they made me wait an exorbitant amount of time for no reason! If they had more staff or properly trained staff then I would have been told I couldn't pick up the phone in a more reasonable time frame and not take an hour before they even acknowledge me. I refuse to deal with this store's horrible customer service and I found it highly ironic how they had a banner right next to the counter touting their excellent customer service. I have worked in retail and hospitality for many years and I am appalled by the customer service in this store. I would rather pay the extra money to have a protection plan directly from the carrier.
susan

Last time our Android phone broke (first of two times) they gave us a loaner flip phone and put in the wrong phone number...so it was useless! Back to the store and sit and wait AGAIN for one of their "specialists" to put the right number into the phone.

If we didn't have jobs and lives, but our time is not valuable in their eyes. We waited over two weeks for another Android, not ours? Two weeks to get a different phone?

What business are these people really in?

susan

In Texas there is a ton of staff there but the wait is just as long...they all act superior at their entry level jobs but when we went to get our free upgrade for a phone that hasn't worked in a month...THEY INSULT US AND HAVE NO PHONES AT ALL.

I got on their FB page and posted how upset I was..IMMEDIATELY I received a response that they were sorry..when I shared the phone number to complain to another customer they told me I was spamming their site and blocked me!!!!!!!!

:upset

View more comments (1)

EMPTY PROMISES TO MAKE A SALE | Best Buy review from Canoga Park, California

I was at the store needed of an iMac computer in couple of days. The store clerk tells me they don't have it in stock but I will definitely get it in 4 days with an express delivery from their warehouse. I was a little skeptical so I called them next day to make sure, same person who sold me the computer tells me it was already shipped and I will get it Thursday like I was promised. I called them on Thursday they told me its not even in the warehouse nor there is a tracking number for this computer. They didn't even sure if it was shipped yet. Mananger I talked to didn't even do anything, he said he will give my money back if I want to. ARE YOU F**kin kidding me!!!!!

Terrible HR Manager | Best Buy review from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I submitted an application for greek squad computer repair position on Sep 1st 2013. After 10 days waiting I decided to go to store see if I can get hold with the HR manager for my status. (There is a message on bestbuy website says application will be processed in 24 hours.) I went to store almost every day in last four days and called store for quite a few times I could never get hold with this HR lady (Kim). Finally one guy from geek squad told me he waited two weeks and half for the phone call and a few days more for interview so I had to go back to waiting. On Sep 17th I received a very short phone call from Unavailable Caller. I do not normally answer the calls from unknown callers so I did not listen carefully. The lady said:" She was calling about some kind of job application and asked me do you still work." I told her: "I no longer for my previous employer." She said:" Thank you so much!" then hang up before I ask her who was she and how did she receive my information. At the same day my application became no longer to be considered. It could be a mistake or misunderstanding so I applied the same job and finally reached her on Sep 19th. Unfortunately this lady did not even want to talk to me for a few minutes although I spent almost three weeks on waiting. All communication were carried by a gentleman from service desk. The guy told me she still has my application and I should keep waiting until HR manager calls. On Sep 24th my other application because no longer to be considered. More than three weeks of my life wasted for no reason. I believe I am more than qualify for the geek squad job because I have been in IT field for over 10 years. I am holding two master degrees MBA and computer science. I quit my previous job because I had family emergency. There is nothing wrong with my background and skill. I am pissed because in sales business management talking about quality of the service and customer satisfaction all of the time. BEST BUY management team did awful job. Hurting other people's life does not mean anything for them.
Sarahmarie

I call BS. First off this isn't a consumer issue so not sure why it's even here.

Second if you truly had 2 master's degrees your English would be a lot better.

Third if you had 2 master's degrees the circumstances you describe don't add up.

2 masters?

you didnt get the job for being overqualified. it happens a lot, apply somewhere else where you will get more $$$ for the education you have.

Do they really want anyone that fixes anything at this place. They don't actually want anything to be fixed.

sales people for the WARRANTY did you say you can sell anything to anyone all the time. Did you say you will make all the quotes the STORE MANAGERS scream at you to make. Did you say I can sell *** and say it is the best product you will every get.

You would have been HIRED ON THE SPOT.

If you have two master degrees, which I find hard to believe based on your grammar and the unprofessional manner in which you handled the situation, you most likely had better qualifications than the Store Manager and the HR Manager. So, no doubt you would not be offered the job.

They would consider it a waste of their time. Someone with such an education would merely be looking for a quick paycheck until something opened up elsewhere that paid much more.

I would guess that you have a bad attitude and that is why they did not hire you. They can hire who they want.

Best Buy doesn't actually want any one with ANY REAL SKILLS. You are so over qualified for any job at Best Buy.

View more comments (5)
Review

Corporate Customer Service is a Waste!! Do not Buy From Best Buy!

My husband and I bought a refrigerator that was promised to work by the appliance manager of the store and an associate. Once the unit was brought to our home it did not work. I called in to report it not working and was told to give it 24 hours because the associate did not want to be bothered. The following day we went into the store reported again that the unit was not working was informed that the warranty protection we had purchased was not explained to us properly and that they could set up someone to come out and service the fridge. A week later (after three times of them rescheduling) they came out and “fixed” the unit by the next morning it did not work again. We notified the repair company and best buy only to be told by best buy that they could replace it with a comparable unit. The comparable unit they brought to our home a week later (this is three weeks after the original purchase) was missing a shelf, had a broken shelf on the inside freezer, had the water hookup broken off, the door with the ice maker was bent at the hinges and the door seal was missing. We were told that the door was to be replaced when the unit was brought up but they were unable to do so because a tech support person would have to replace the door since there was so much technological advancement that needed to be hooked up and we would have a manger call us to set that up within a few hours. NO ONE CALLED US!! When we called the store we were hung up on 5 times, We called corporate and got hung up on three different times once by the operator, and twice by customer service representatives. We made an email complaint to corporate since they just hang up on you otherwise with no response. Then they called us from corporate to review how satisfied we were with our fridge when my husband told them we were still having issues the rep said oh no I am calling to check your satisfaction on the work order for the original fridge that is it I’ll put in that it has been taken care of to your satisfaction and close the ticket and HUNG UP on my husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE LAST DRAW! Finally I get through to the store and get the manager that had given us the problems the entire time, who’s excuse was “well I have been dealing with a lot” WHAT!?!? I have a refrigerator door that has been sitting in my dining room and a non-working fridge in the middle of my kitchen for a month now!!! HELLO!!!! I requested to speak to the store manager who just happened to be there but hasn’t been since, who replace the fridge a third time with a brand new one. We have continued to have nothing but issues and will NO LONGER BUY ANYTHING FROM BEST BUY EVER AGAIN!!! PAYING OFF ALL CREDIT CANCELLING EVERYTHING AND GOING ELSEWHERE!!!! We may have only lost out on 600$ but we were displaced without a fridge for over a MONTH! This was only the first of three Major Issues!
susan

The moment I posted my anger on their Facebook page I received a message that they were sorry....when I shared their phone number with another angry customer they accused me of spamming their site and blocked me!!! They constantly monitor their page trying to prevent the truth from coming out.

I wouldn't buy a phone card from that company and warning everyone else I can.

#720644

Good for you. bRING A camera go into the store and find the manager AND ASK WHAT IS UP with selling defective products?

get on tape his answers then take it to your local tv statioN .. i AM SURE YOU CAN catch them in all kinds of STUFF!!

View more comments (1)
Best Buy Customer Care
Loss

Don't buy any Appliances from Best Buy EVER!! Worst Customer Service!!

My husband and I bought a refrigerator that was promised to work by the appliance manager of the store and an associate. Once the unit was brought to our home it did not work. I called in to report it not working and was told to give it 24 hours because the associate did not want to be bothered. The following day we went into the store reported again that the unit was not working was informed that the warranty protection we had purchased was not explained to us properly and that they could set up someone to come out and service the fridge. A week later (after three times of them rescheduling) they came out and “fixed” the unit by the next morning it did not work again. We notified the repair company and best buy only to be told by best buy that they could replace it with a comparable unit. The comparable unit they brought to our home a week later (this is three weeks after the original purchase) was missing a shelf, had a broken shelf on the inside freezer, had the water hookup broken off, the door with the ice maker was bent at the hinges and the door seal was missing. We were told that the door was to be replaced when the unit was brought up but they were unable to do so because a tech support person would have to replace the door since there was so much technological advancement that needed to be hooked up and we would have a manger call us to set that up within a few hours. NO ONE CALLED US!! When we called the store we were hung up on 5 times, We called corporate and got hung up on three different times once by the operator, and twice by customer service representatives. We made an email complaint to corporate since they just hang up on you otherwise with no response. Then they called us from corporate to review how satisfied we were with our fridge when my husband told them we were still having issues the rep said oh no I am calling to check your satisfaction on the work order for the original fridge that is it I’ll put in that it has been taken care of to your satisfaction and close the ticket and HUNG UP on my husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE LAST DRAW! Finally I get through to the store and get the manager that had given us the problems the entire time, who’s excuse was “well I have been dealing with a lot” WHAT!?!? I have a refrigerator door that has been sitting in my dining room and a non-working fridge in the middle of my kitchen for a month now!!! HELLO!!!! I requested to speak to the store manager who just happened to be there but hasn’t been since, who replace the fridge a third time with a brand new one. We have continued to have nothing but issues and will NO LONGER BUY ANYTHING FROM BEST BUY EVER AGAIN!!! PAYING OFF ALL CREDIT CANCELLING EVERYTHING AND GOING ELSEWHERE!!!! Two more issues came about and will be notated as well!

i would be mad at the company who made the refrigerator. best buy is only the seller, not manufacturer. if i were you i would have exchanged it as there is the 30 day exchange/return policy.

Best Buy Customer Care
Loss

Unresponsive and unable to handle my issue | Best Buy review from North Olmsted, Ohio

So, about 1and a half hours ago, i got the recorded message telling me my refrigerator would be delivered tomorrow between 7:30 and 9:30 am, and to call if there was a problem. Okay, I called and was told it could not be changed because it was less than 24 hours away. now wait a minute, didn't you just say to call if there was a problem, but then you have no way to change it? that's problem number 1 number 2 I asked to talk to a supervisor in the scheduling/delivery department which i waited for over a half hour with NO reply. i assume there is noone there, this is all computer controlled and doggone, the customer is going to do this OUR way. number 3 I asked to be switched to customer service. Now you would think I could get an answer, at least pick up the phone, is anybody working? no, i waited another half hour with no response. what i've learned: you do not care about customer service. you do not answer the phone. you do not equip your operators or the chat line (see problem number 4) with the necessary connections or authority to actually resolve a problem. if the customer waits long enough, he will hang up and go away. oh he'll go away allright. number 4 while waiting on the phone, i got online and got a chat session going. of course, he could not deal with my problem. he did not even have a phone to call another department to push this along. Without that how can he help anybody. sooo, i will eventually get the delivery rescheduled. only after they show up and find out noone is here. Now if they decide they are going to charge me a delivery fee, well we'll be going thru another round of escalating the issue til i DO get resolution. what a pain in the ***!!!
#719531

Don't worry they never make deliveries when they say they do!! Cancel and buy somewhere else!!

Tags
  • Bestbuy appliances

PURCHASED WARRANTY - THEY DIDN'T LIVE UP TO IT | Best Buy review

Purchased warranty on Samsung rechargable 3D glasses. First the SALES people didn't know what they were doing. I kept asking you sure these are going to work with the model I have. Yes they replied, 3 different sales people stated this. I told them you sure because mine is not listed on the box. Yes they replied. I bought 6 at the time for the girls to watch a movie that night. Spent most of my time trying to get them to work. Called Samsung tech support. They worked on it for an hour, then asked me what is the model number. Samsung than said those are the wrong glasses. This didn't happen once but twice. Ok I finally get the right ones and I paid for the warranty because the sales person talked me into it. The glasses worked for about 5 minutes. That is all we used it at the time because by the time you get them to work your exhausted and are done, or at least in our case. We TURNED THEM OFF. Well we go to use the like months later, and none of them work. Try to take advantage of my warranty from Best Buy. I go to their Customer Service Return line which is also their GEEK SQUAD line. Only two people in front of me. One took over a half hour for the the guy in front of me to get assisted. A Manager walks by and asked how am I doing, well did he get an ear full - especially since he was just saying that but didn't really expect me to answer. After informing him of how poor the service and how *** this was to have all of us wait in your Geek Support line to get assistance, he said well someone will be with you shortly. Really, because your shortly and mine are two different things. If they had to wait they would make me pay, but our time well Best (actually worst buy) Buy thinks is worth nothing and doesn't care. So finally almost an hour, I start to tell the lady, she interupts me because some coworker walked up and interupted. Why is his time more important than mine, it isn't. So anyways they are talking about a party, and joking around right in front of me. LMAO I coudn't freaking believe it after about 5 minutes I finally had it. Hey I think you need to get back to work or explain to your manager why I start screaming for assistance. PISSED off at this point. I have one of those rewards cards that show how much money I spend in their *** store. Well after they look at my receipt go back and forth through the computer they find my warranty. Start to say *** stuff like the date is wrong, I said you knuckle head, look at what your doing the date on our receipt and what your looking at. Well oh, they said I was looking at the wrong one. Yes you are this goes on for another 20 minutes, well they finally found it and said ok she will process this and you can be on your way in a moment. By the way no sorries at this time. Oh she says, then goes to the back where the manager was hiding and who did not come back. She then comes back we can't do anything. WHAT!! after spending all this time. Yeah, you will have to take this up with the Manufacture. I yelle for the *** in the back. I finally came up and I said I am done. I said look at the items I purchase here. I am done. Let's go over a few 80" LED TV 240htz, computers, phones, BEATS - 4 pair headphones the Executives, 60" Samsung LED 1080, plasma, the list goes on and on. I usually only buy stuff from these knuckle heads when I (in my mind) can't wait until the next day. Well now, never again. Can't trust them, people are grumpy, they don't know much, and never available. What the heck do these companies think they are doing? Rate them a 0 and won't be purchasing from them again.
Best Buy Sales Manager

HORRIBLE SERVICE - TAKE YOUR MEMORY | Best Buy review

Where do you start with this company. Between the horrible salse people, customer service, and management why anyone would be here is beyond me. I have seen them write a receipt for a client of ours for taking in their computer. Return it to them worst then they received it. After looking at the computer then looking at their paper work, they returned it with memory missing. The client does not know anything about PC's, hard working immigrant that spoke very litle English. I told them to take it back BUT DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR RECEIPT/paper work. You can show them but DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM. She went back with her daughter. The customer is very shy and easily intimidated. They continually attempted to take her paper work. Her daughter kept telling them that they were told for know reason were they to give them the paper work. They could make a copy for them, they can view it in their hand. After all that they continued to take the paper work. One time trying to snatch it right out of her hand. Finally their MANAGER told her, well IF WE FIND IT WE WILL GIVE YOU A CALL. OF COURSE NO ONE EVER CALLED. THE MEMORY AT THE TIME WAS PRETTY EXPENSIVE. For a lady that did not have much and needed the computer for her daughter to do her school work, we donated it. That is what type of service the GEEK SQUAD PERFORMED. At least they didn't put secret video devices in their bathroom or bedroom like other GEEK Squad people have done.

I had a friend that used to work IT in Bestbuy. He was intentionally told to try and get the customer to buy things they didn't need or to try and rip them off.

Best Buy & Cisco SCREWS customers

Bought a Cisco Linksys E1200 N300 Wireless Router from Best Buy 05-02-13. Intermittent problems (no internet connection) then complete failure. Best Buy (What a MISNOMER!!)will not honor a refunnd even at Cisco's request (Not supprising They make a living SCREWING customers ! I have been through this with them before...I should have known better !). I spent hours (3.5)trying to trouble shoot with my internet server & with my personal PC support. They both agreed that the Cisco router was the problem. Then Cisco said they would not honor beven though they said the warrenty is good until Nov 16th. THEY need to trouble shoot themselves...another 3 hours and the disconnected the phone call after not being able to get their router ($44.95) to work , Then had the nerve to finally call me back 25 mins later wanting to start the trouble shooting session over AGAIN!!!!! Are you kidding me!!! CAUTION DO NOT purchase from Best Buy they will not back the *** they sell. And Cisco, as large as they are to not back their product EVEN when under warranty is even worse ***!!! Let the buyer beware !!!!!!!! YEAH, I'M A VERY PISSED CUSTOMER !!!!!!!!
Sarahmarie

Why would BestBuy give you money for a product that the company that makes it is saying doesn't work. Cisco should be issuing you a refund not tossing you off to BestBuy.

@Sarahmarie

Amen brother ! It is Cisco that is THE *** in my quest to have them refund my $50.

The joke is on me again because I replaced the defective router with the SAME MODEL BY CISCO and IT WORKS (so far).

Cisco spent more time (and MY time) on B.S.

than it would have cost them to do the ethical thing and REFUND MY MONEY. *** JERKS !

Why should Best Buy warranty it, they didn't make it, it's a Cisco product. Ship it back to Cisco and let them warranty it.

I don't know what's the matter with people, Retail store's don't make the product, they sell them, let the company that makes it warranty it.

View more comments (2)

Loyal Silver rewards members get less for more money now | Best Buy review

Check out the new rewards levels. In order to maintain some of the benefits you had as silver rewards members you will now have to spend $3500 a year.plus you have lost having one free service from the geek squad per year. For a business that is having troubles you'd think they would treat their loyal members better. They should have given you a one year grace period for the transition to a higher spending level. Called their customer service and the rep agreed with me about the reduction in benefits while trying to. Say they were offering something better.

They have to reduce stuff. How are they going to pay the CEO and his gang at corporate headquarters if they can not get MORE OUT OF YOU !!!!!