Filter by rating
Product:

Update by user Oct 30, 2013

this happened back in 2008 to 2009 and i was still fresh out of HS

Update by user Oct 29, 2013

& this has happened once every year & sense then I been trying to avoid that guy like the cold.

Original review posted by user Oct 29, 2013

I was looking at the new apple computers and tablet's so I wanted some information on them & I had...

the apple rep is put there by apple, not best buy. they sign contracts and whatnot so best buy cant fire him or move him to another department as he is technically working for apple in best buy.

to get info on apple products you are much better off going to an apple store/apple website/different store even. though even google was very useful for this stuff back in 2008 FYI.

View more comments

Best Buy in Lexington, Kentucky - 100$ geek squad scam

Last year I bought a tablet at a best buy store in in Lexington ky. When I was checking out the cashier asked me to buy the geek squad protection plan and I said no she informed me that if I dont use it by the time the 1 year is up I get a best buy gift card worth 100$. So I bought it thinking a year from now ill need to replace my laptop. Well its been a year and when I called yo see about how to get the gift card they said they have never had such promotion and sorry for the mistake !!!

that is really odd, though that is not best buys fault, that is the *** cashiers fault. was she high or something when checking you out? haha.

I purchased an Ipad in January with a warranty that gaves us a new product if we broke the ipad in anyway. Went yesterday to get the new ipad and they informed us that they changed their policy in June and my warranty now only gives us a refurbished ipad.

How can they change something six months after I purchased it. Never again will I purchase something from Best Buy

wow and I guess the SCAM artist has move to anther low paying job and probably is pushing CREDIT CARD APPLICAION OR TIMESHARES!! 100 DOLLAR LESSON. Next time SCREAM NO NO NO

LTCC

Does that even make sense? Didn't seem a little to good to be true?

View more comments (3)
Tags
  • geek squad scam

Best Buy - Battery Pack and Handycam blew up

Just hours old and battery pack for brand new Sony handycam blew up while being charged! October 23, 2013. So looks like I'm out over $500.00 dollars of Best Buy purchased electonic equipment and the damage to the computer room. Bought it at Glendora, California's Best Buy store #1018, the reciept is still hot from being printed, and so is the hot exploded parts, a small fire was start from the exploding Hnadycam fragments being scattered around the room. Photo's wee taken of the damage and possible life threatening conditions that developed from faulty products being sold from this store #1018.
caffeyw

BestBuy only sold the product. This is a Sony problem, or are you one of those people who blame everything on the person selling the item and not those manufacturing the item?

talk to sony! not best buy.

best buy didnt make it. this is something for sony that they need to deal with.

View more comments (1)
Review

Interest-free credit scam. Best Buy will not take responsibility for employee mistake

The Best Buy salesman talked me into buying a very expensive computer by offering me 18 months interest-free credit if I signed up for the Best Buy credit card. I did so and, in the process of signing up for the card, he asked me to swipe my Chase credit card "for backup purposes". I received my Best Buy card a couple of weeks later but no bill. Then I received my Chase card statement and found that the computer had been charged to that card. Therefore, no interest free credit but 20% interest credit. I returned to the store and asked them to refund my card and charge it to the Best Buy card. The manager admitted that their salesman made a mistake and had no reason to ask me to swipe my own card, but she said policy wouldn't allow them to do anything about it. I contacted the national Best Buy customer service and was told the same thing - tough luck! Best Buy is hiding behind their own policies to avoid taking responsibility for their employees mistake. Not a company I will ever trust again.
caffeyw

Contact Chase and file a charge back. Inform them you where asked to provide a credit card during the application for Best Buy credit.

(This isn't as strange as it sounds) However they instead charged the purchase to your Chase card.

Chase will have a better time getting BestBuy to fix the error then you will.

Post on the best buy facebook page. Have all your friends post. go back into the best buy and record the conversATION THIS TIME.

View more comments (1)
Service
Best Buy Manager
Tags
  • rewards zone card

BEST BUY Simply ignores customer complaint

I find it odd how quickly Best Buy can come up with a retail solution rather than a simple fix. 6 Hours spent on Geek Squad 1-800 line, handed off tech to tech. They blunder through their little book and hand off to another tech, same result the following day to the point... I simply asked for my money back.. TO WHICH I GOT IGNORED Had the equipment not been shotgunned when it was released there would not have been much of any problem.. As much with 2 other lap tops... Oh we can not service this you need to get back with Dell... BUT YOU CAN BUY A BRAND NEW ONE FROM US
crazycarnut72
#731990

Best Buy is a sinking company that's why they're downsizing stores & closing some at the same time. I'd be happy if they just went away!!!!

Best buy need to change it name to WORST BUY

Run. goodle the consumerist, huffington post BEST BUY scam, fraud, tons of information they FIX NOTHING!!

View more comments (2)

Best Buy in Albany, New York - MISINFORMED BY STORE PERSONNEL

I’m writing to let you know HOW VERY upset I am over my recent purchase of a 40” Samsung TV – after discussing with the Samsung rep “Carlos” advising him that the main purpose of the purchase is to attach headphones so that the TV sound at night does not bother me while sleeping and allowing my boyfriend to watch tv - Carlos advised us that any cheap headphones would work – this is ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT!! After calling Samsung and re-visiting the store in Albany NY – we were advised that we need to buy $100 headphones to make this work. Now is too late to return the TV and we’re STUCK with it!!! All the staff at the Crossgate’s store and Carlos could tell us - SO SORRY!!!! - I have spend over $1000 at that store in the last month – purchasing a Samsung galaxy Tab 3 recently – and Christmas coming I’m sure I would have spend much more – NOT NOW!!! I will never purchase from Best Buy again – I will cut up my best buy credit card - I know I WILL NOT be buying the headphones from – Best Buy or Samsung!! VERY BAD!!!!!

Best Buy is awful. I was passed from person to person who couldn't answer my simple question.

While on hold I had to listen to commercial after commercial saying the Best Buy should be nominated for the first opening in the Blessed Trinity. What don't BB employees identify themselves?

Featured

Best Buy in Fayetteville, North Carolina - They go behind my back to my wife when I said NO NO NO

Best Buy - They go behind my back to my wife when I said NO NO NO
Told the tech at Geek Squad 3 times no I don't want to buy the 200.00 year coverage, I turn my back and the little *** sold it to my wife... They won't answer email and they simply ignore the complaint. Then I proceeded to call and email corperate which they ignored the calls, and email and when I spoke to someone they gave a very ethnic "You aint getting it fo free ya know".... Well seeing I did not want to begin with what the *** are you trying to tell me... As the Geek Squad goes.. which Ghetto did they get the hoody boys from

Wow.. that is super professional of them.

Love how everyone who doesn't look like a rotten banana, gets treated like *** these days.

Reverse racism is becoming a huge problem.

They should offer a refund. I would go into a local Best Buy and demand to speak with someone with at least a 7th grade education level.

This is between you and your wife as another poster said. Take it up with her, not geek squad.

They can't make decisions for anyone. All they do is offer a solution to a problem. It looks like your wife saw that and wanted to get y'all's computer fixed. Your wife sounds a lot smarter than you are.

You are an ignorant individual.

Good for your wife for being an adult. You're just a diva who likes to whine.

dr.marnish helped me to bring back my lover now i refer many clients to call him +15036626930 him for help , i wish everyone who want his or her lover back to contact dr.marnish

lisha Naidoo

Sounds to me like your wife wears the pants and you don't like it so you :cry to random online strangers. I would sell your wife too; all night long.

Except I wouldn't wait until you are gone to do it. You can watch; but there's a $20 fee.

snowmarmoset
@stranger danger

yeh dont listen to the troll from Fairfield California the troll only dos it to get a negative reaction

Then when something happens to your device you'll be coming back wishing you had the plan in the first place. It can't be fixed for free. Sure you have manufacturing warranty which you would have to deal with on your own as far as shipping it, etc if something were to happen to your device.

It is your responsibility to control your wife and set boundaries. Do not blame others for you not telling your wife we are not buying a protection plan. are you a man or a pus***?

MikeBrady

Is your wife an adult? If so then the guy did nothing wrong. This is between you and your wife.

caffeyw

Was your wife with you when he was trying to sell it to you? If not it's hard for me to understand how it's his fault.

If he knew she was with you then I understand, but what I wouldn't understand then is why she decided to say yes if she was with you when you said no.

This is where my confusion comes in.

View more comments (8)
Loss

These guys in the store are ridiculous. Worst Best Buy store (period)

Numerous times that I've purchase a laptop in this store I see: workers see me looking for or waiting but they stay in their group huddles, answering other people's questions knowing that I'm waiting to ask a question and then he would walk off, or blue shirts everywhere else except in that department. Couple of times when I was checking out, the cashier would ask me if I found everything ok. I would tell them "no" but have no more patience but to check out and leave. Due to this store, I did get in a habit of ordering from Amazon online and that's one of the best things that came of this.

OK princess, if you want help then go ask them. Don't stand there like a statue while you watch them help other people.

Service
Best Buy Cashier
Best Buy - Geek Squad f&^%ed up my MacBook Pro
I brought in my laptop because the screen had burn marks on it. So I brought it for repairs, said it would take about 3 weeks to fix. I was kind of skeptic about this but then I decided to do it anyways. Surprisingly, it was finished in 15 days. When I picked up my...

uh you should have gone in when you noticed the picture color was off as you say. why the *** do people notice something is wrong with something they Overpaid for in the beginning , only to decide "hey it's not working right, let me keep using it though and THEN complain later"

and btw what would you have gained by yelling at the manager except thrown out of the store if not escorted out by the police?

View more comments

Best Buy - Money hungry

when you receive your credit card interest free for 36 months and in that time frame you have a balance they will go back to day 1 and charge you high interest. Be aware of that. They will lie and pass the buck down the line when tring to ask for help. I told them right before I finally paid my balance in full they have lost many more customers and I did not trust nothing they would say. I made sure it was all recorded.This company will go down to nothing with all the people they have done wrong
caffeyw

Not sure what the problem is. What you describe is how interest free financing works at all companies.

It's called deferred interest. You pay in time and you don't have to pay the interest that accrued during the payment period, however you don't pay the balance off in time it all becomes due.

Very rarely will you ever see zero percent interest promos where there's zero percent interest charged for a period of time followed by it going to a normal interest rate.

Best buy the showroom for NEWEGG AND AMAZON. Not even a good show room. They push JUNK and hope are clueless.

I bought a Sony Vaio laptop from the Best Buy in Lafayette, La. years ago in the similar no interest plan (18 months I think).

At the time online payment was very rare and new. I was paying the minimum payment via mail for 5 months and then noticed that there was a ridiculous interest fee tagged on to the bill. When I called about the billing question, I remember I was talking to a 'I don't care' type of a person. She explained that their records show that our last payment was not received on time.

I explained that our payment was sent 2 weeks before the due date and also requested the copy of the postage stamp of the envelope for proof of date from USPS. She said nope and that's the reason why the interest rate, starting on the purchased date, had been tagged to the bill. No way to prove the received date of the bill paid, I sent the payment for the remaining balance the next day. I've even wrote a letter to the Best Buy corporate office and I actually got a reply back but only to read that 'they understand that it was an unfortunate incident, but there's nothing that they can do'.

Ever since then, I would buy items elsewhere whenever I could. Now I don't buy from Best Buy because of numerous other online stores to shop from.

View more comments (2)