Filter by rating :
filters

Best buy's protection plan is the worst ever!!!!!

I just upgraded my phone with best buy and had best buy's black tie protection, which had $0 deductible, but they changed the protection plan to geek squad and now there is $150 deductible, it is what it is, all the companies that I have seen have deductibles so no problem there. However most protection plans overnight replacement phones, so customers don't have to be without for extended periods of time. I went to best buy on Tuesday Dec 24th and was given ETA of Friday, 12/27. I was not told that due to Christmas, it may take a little longer, but one day longer I would totally understand. I call on the day it was supposed to be delivered and was told that there was a scheduled delivery for the 30th, Monday!!!!! Are you kidding me, the worst customer service ever!!!! I understand I dropped my phone and paid to have it replaced, but the fact that Best buy is using UPS ground is ridiculous!!!!! Take your money to Asurion and pay 6.99/month and pay $40 more to have phone overnighted.

A theft by any other name is a theft | Best Buy review from Cedar Rapids, Iowa

We have been dealing with BB since 1990! We will not buy anything from them again. The quality of conversation on the phone has gone down hill at each experience. It seems the elevator music is chosen to be irritating & when they are done passing you around the person you "speak" with seems to be schooled in plesant platitudes and interrupts the customer repeatedly. We paid for full coverage of our 2 top of the line desktops! This included Norton. I was given notice to update Norton. Pressed the continue button & could only continue via BB's 800 number. BB tried to insist I get their other security package. We had paid for Norton like our Norton & wanted to continue with Norton! We then contacted the local store where we paid for our PCs & extended coverage. Their music was slightly less irritating but, they insisted we bring in our PCs. Only after near twenty minuets did she tell me they don't carry Norton, anymore. So the charged us for a service package they "garanteed" to cover, only to state that they won't!

Can't get answer to my question | Best Buy review from Denver, Colorado

Have what I thought was a straightforward question in general about a 3.2 compact fridge. I emailed 12/10/13. I was directed to online forum and help to try to answer my question. Was given an option if I wanted a specific response, to email back and they would reply within 3 business days. I chose that option because I couldn't find my answer in their info online. TWO WEEKS LATER THIS IS THEIR RESPONSE: "This level of technical support is beyond our capabilities via e-mail. If you are not able to find the answers you need on our web site, please contact your local Best Buy store to speak with one of the sales associates." You can bet I WILL NOT be buying one from Best Buy (or anything for that matter.)
Review

Pre-ordered Xbox one June 2013; Still waiting on Christmas Eve! | Best Buy review from Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia

Military family stationed in Germany. Best buy advertising "now better shipping to APO addresses." Pre-ordered the Xbox one for our children's Christmas gift. It is Christmas Eve and we have not received it. Ordered the Xbox 6/10/13, not here. Ordered Xbox one games 11/26/13 and received them Dec.11, 2013. Started calling and emailing Best Buy when games arrived and no Xbox one. Email would say someone will contact me in 3 days, then I get the same email in about 3 days. 2 lost package cases opened, but no return call. Multiple calls to Best Buy. A post office worker said the package was not sent priority so is probably traveling slowly. Why would you do that to an electronic in the Holiday season? I just felt like no one cared about my situation until the last BestBuy person I talked to 7 days before Christmas who at least apologized for this experience. My Best Buy account says my Xbox shipped 11/21/13. If this is the improved service to the military, I would hate to have experienced it before it improved.

You don't deserve better service just because you are in the brainwashed *** military. It makes you no better than anyone and in fact I think it makes you worse!

@scooter

Best buy was the one who offered, he did not say he deserved it because he was in the military. And before you start bashing the "*** hole military" maybe you should think about what the military does for you. Have some respect you piece of ***.

I brought four tablets from bestbuy got four boxes only got three a nd one box with nothing in it.call them they been lying everyday I call different lie.the tablet suppose to have been here before Christmas and it's Christmas no tablet. And that hurt. Sad from Mississippi

To

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Shipping Service

BEST BUY ONLY "SAYS" IT DELIVERS....REALLY DOESN'T

Don't buy a refrigerator at Best Buy and expect them to deliver. Their policy states it will be delivered to any room, this included 2 flights of stairs, I was told no problem. Until the two delivery guys showed up and exclaimed they don't have a cart and can't get it up the stairs without one. Their excuse now is it won't fit....that is how you get to be lazy. Called the store and was told they have to go with what they are told by the lazy delivery guys....some Customer Service.....NEVER AGAIN!!!! You don't deliver a refrigerator without an appliance cart people!!!!
Loss

Customer service is dead at Best Buy

I was trying to purchase a PS4 and a TV on line at Best Buy for in store pick. During the on line purchase process the only option is to pick up within 8 days. This gift is for a college student, flying back to school in 16 days. I was asking for an exception to the 8 day pick up. Sounds easy, right? Here is what I tried: 1. On line chat. "Sai" just restated the policy of picking up before the 8th day 2. Called the local store at St. Matthew's Mall, Louisville, KY and got Sam in customer service who restated said policy of store pick up within 8 days. When I asked for an exception he told me that "the on line order process has changed and is completely out of their control". He also gave me a 1-800 number 3. I called the 1-800 number and spoke to Charlene. She understood my predicament and let me know that the store manager could make an exception to let a game system and TV sit in the store for an extra 8 days so that my college student could pick up his Christmas gifts when he returned. Charlene also suggested placing the order later so as to avoid the 8 day policy. Not an option as I want to make sure my selections are in stock. 4. I called the St. Matthew store in Louisville, KY for a 2nd time and again got Sam. I asked to speak to a manager and got Melissa. While I was on hold Sam filled Melissa in on my unreasonable request so she was prepared to support Sam's original response and refer me to the 1-800 number. I shared with her that I already called and was told the store manager could make the exception. She was unwilling to make a note to hold my son's Christmas gifts in her local store for 8 days. I worked harder at trying to do business with BestBuy than all of these employees combined today. I also make a prediction that they will quickly go the way of Circuit City. When all your employees are capable of is restating company policy and not thinking about customer needs and solutions, your days are numbered.

People like you really annoy me. What makes you think that you should get some special treatment?

How many thousands of people do you think order at Best Buy daily? If they make an exception for you, why shouldn't they make an exception for every customer? I really HATE people like you. You ONLY THINK OF YOURSELVES.

Put yourself in the employees shoes. If they say yes to you, they would have to say yes to everyone else. This situation is a lot easier because there is absolutely nothing that can be done to extend the time past 8 days. The 1-*888* number people have no idea of in store policies and feel that if the store manager wanted to they could give you whatever you want.

Why not just order it and go pick it up yourself. Or here's an idea, have it shipped to your son's school so its just there when he arrives. Or were you just too cheap to pay shipping charges. And to be honest with you, the reason why Best Buy HAS and WILL outlast places like Circuit City is because they have a better structure in place and are able to say NO to people like you.

You can't have customers dictate how you run a business, or your business will be run into the ground.

#TRUTH

#782032

The system automatically cancels it after 8 days, there is nothing they can do at the store to override it.

Why not just order it 8 days later?

They would make an exception for me!!! :cry :cry :cry I'm specail!!!

:cry :cry :cry Rules and policies shouldn't apply to me!!! :cry :cry :cry

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Manager

Went to pick up iPhone for a Christmas gift . | Best Buy review from Columbus, Ohio

I explained that the phone was a gift so I couldn't do that. They said I could not pick up the new phone until I brought the old phone in. The 'solution' they suggested was to take my son 's old phone in so they could activate the new one then to tell him something went wrong with his phone and he had to take it in to be reactivated. He isn't *** so that was really a non- solution. I finally left without the phone. Two days later I returned to the store and talked to the manager to no avail. So I have to tell my son about his Christmas present so I can have his old phone. I get to Best Buy and they say I didn't need to bring the old phone. Really. I did not need it! I said the other (Geek Squad) person told me I did and so did the manager. When I gave the manager's name the person helping me said "It's not really his fault. He's just the general manager of the store." There is no sale good enough to ever get me in that store again!

In most cases you can process a future activation where the phone is actually not activated until a later date. I'm unsure why the mobile department wasn't smart enough to do that.

This is funny to me if it's true. BECAUSE IT'S SO TRUE. I work at another major retail chain and the GENERAL MANAGERS know nothing about the products or what needs to happen with them. Yet they get paid 75 to 100k a year to sit around at their desk. While the part timers and full timers carry the store.

The best part is our all our GM's have been promoted from with in the company so they have been there forever. You would think they would actually know a thing or two, but they don't.

I also believe they should know how to do everything in the store and should know every department better than the department managers do. After all they are making the big bucks.

View more comments (1)
Review
I received a viper car starter for my birthday. Was a HUGE issue getting it installed plus had to buy an additional starter kit because the viper didn't work in the town I live in. 16 hours later I was told that a sign had been posted at the Bismarck location that...

I was impressed with bb minot customer service until today. Today i met tanner the supervisor.

tanner does not have a manager. He will not tell you his last name. He does not care if you buy an ihome speaker that lasts 30 days .

I will be using amazon from now on . At least with them i know there is no customer service

Best Buy Installation

My BestBuy.com experience with store pick up | Best Buy review from New York, New York

I ordered a Wii console with Wii Sport and Wii sport resort for 129.99 from the BestBuy.com for store pick up as a gift for my son's birthday. The next day I logged on to the site to check the order, only to find out that it was cancelled. No e-mail was sent to me, nor was I otherwise notified that my order was cancelled. I called customer service who could not even tell me why the order was cancelled. It was not in the computer, so they had no idea what happened and transferred me to another department. After a while, almost 40 minutes on the phone, we found out that my order was sold at the store where it was suppose to wait for pick up. A lady in that department (manger as the regular worker did not even understand the situation) told me that I have to re-order the purchased item. As a courtesy for the inconvenience she gave a discount on the price and I ordered a new system for 100 dollars plus tax to be picked up in another store. She assured me that this will not happen again. I received a confirmation e-mail that my order is ready to be picked up at the store. Three hours later I receive another e-mail stating that my order was cancelled due to credit card issues. I called customer service again. The person speaking to me tried to tell me that the problem was with the credit card; however the card was charged by the store and the money did not even return back to the account. I asked to speak with her supervisor and she dropped the call. She just hanged up on me. I called back and after about 30 minutes was able to speak with the supervisor...again my order was re-sold at the store where I was supposed to pick it up. She said she was sorry, but the item was not available anymore. Nothing could be done so I ended up without my order (not to mention courtesy discount). May be all these cancellations were done so I would not get my discount? In the end I purchased the system from GameStop.com, so my son would have his gift. So couple of days after the GameStop purchase I wanted to shop for some games for Wii. I went to BestBuy.com and tried making a purchase of MarioKart game. Made a purchase and immediately received an e-mail that my order was cancelled, followed by a confirmation of sale e-mail. I tried ordering it three times and three times I received cancelled e-mail. So the bottom line is: during this purchasing experience my orders were re-sold by multiple stores. I was never notified of the first cancellation. BestBuy customer service lied to me, kept me on hold for over 2 hours (combined), made promises that were never fulfilled and in the end were not able to resolve any issues. The site is useless for purchasing as it does not allow to buy anything. Forget about bestbuy and go to another store.
Viaan

Are you dim? After a less than satisfactory experience you go back to repeat......never mind...I answered my own question.

Stevin
@Viaan

Well my be I am :) ... I thought that this kind of business was happening only with pick up at store items, so I tried to order something to be delivered.

As I said, thinking back, that was ***.

View more comments (1)
Review

No help in the store? The solution is place a phone order while standing in front the customer service person | Best Buy review from Snellville, Georgia

I went to the snellville, store in gwinnette county Ga. Prior to going to the store I call for info on a laptop computer. I was invited to place the order on the phone but I declined because I wanted to shop around. After spending 1 hour trying to get help from someone I did the ridiculous, while in the store I got on the phone, and was able to place the order, while standing about 100 ft from the employee, I asked him when could I pick it up? Then waved to him and said am right here. This snellville bestbuy is the worse for help in the store, dont go there,

*waving" "I'm right here you ***. Now watch as I make my way out the door to Target."

Kudos, sir. I bet that 'salesman' felt 2 inches tall like he should have.

Mike_mn

On one visit to a local BB store (about 5 or 6 years ago - and one of my last), I was having a difficult time finding help. I noticed a group of blue shirts, about 5 or 6 grouped together (called a blue-gaggle) chatting obviously enjoying themselves.

I walk by them and one asked if I needed help. I responded with a firm tone "Why are you grouped together and not at your posts?". They immediately broke apart going to there respective areas - including the one that asked if I needed help! It was so funny to see the looks on there faces!

I was just a customer - but they didn't know that! :grin

I see this often. They may get bord, but it's up to them to find things to do.

Good thing they don't work for me. Cuz they wouldn't be working for me long.

That's hilarious! Good job