Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Best Buy review in Snellville, Georgia: No help in the store? The solution is place a phone order while standing in front the customer service person

I went to the snellville, store in gwinnette county Ga. Prior to going to the store I call for info on a laptop computer. I was invited to place the order on the phone but I declined because I wanted to shop around. After spending 1 hour trying to get help from someone I did the ridiculous, while in the store I got on the phone, and was able to place the order, while standing about 100 ft from the employee, I asked him when could I pick it up? Then waved to him and said am right here. This snellville bestbuy is the worse for help in the store, dont go there,

*waving" "I'm right here you ***. Now watch as I make my way out the door to Target."

Kudos, sir. I bet that 'salesman' felt 2 inches tall like he should have.

Mike_mn

On one visit to a local BB store (about 5 or 6 years ago - and one of my last), I was having a difficult time finding help. I noticed a group of blue shirts, about 5 or 6 grouped together (called a blue-gaggle) chatting obviously enjoying themselves.

I walk by them and one asked if I needed help. I responded with a firm tone "Why are you grouped together and not at your posts?". They immediately broke apart going to there respective areas - including the one that asked if I needed help! It was so funny to see the looks on there faces!

I was just a customer - but they didn't know that! :grin

I see this often. They may get bord, but it's up to them to find things to do.

Good thing they don't work for me. Cuz they wouldn't be working for me long.

That's hilarious! Good job

View more comments (2)

Best Buy review in Louisville, Kentucky: Treated like garbage

I had an issue with an employee and was told to speak with Martin the GM. He was not in that day so I had to wait. Turned out I had another issue, this time a geek squad repair wasn't actually repaired. I spent an hour talking in circles with Sean the assistant manager and finally landed on a compromise. I then asked if Martin was in, I was told he was on a call but would be out in 20 mins. 45 mins later Sean went in and spent 5 mins telling my story. Martin came out and told me I interrupted his call and should not have waited for him. He does not have time to deal with customers. I tried to explain, he cut me off and said he would not hear the story again he trusts his assistant manager and that's that. I was directed to 800 best buy. This was the most disrespectful experience I have ever had with a retailer. Best buy in Florence KY is consistently a horrible place to shop. My advice to everyone is avoid the headache and shop online. Also I suspect most if not all positive reviews are fake and done by employees.
Mike_mn

GM's are very busy persons, and do rely on the AMs. But, if a customer specifically asks to speak with the GM, most GMs will comply and deal with the situation.

Your experience is inexcusable.

Dec 17... Probably they were all getting burnt out. BB stores are very lean during the season and they work long hard hours.

Not an excuse, but most likely the reason.

The sad fact is that BB just can't deal with all employees, and BB just doesn't care. They know that there are replacement customers coming into the system to replace disappointed customers.

Best Buy Deal
Loss
In Oct 2013 I purchased the 55" Samsung ,I purchased the extended warranty and paid to have the calibration done after 100 hours of operation. The screen failed shortly after calibration . The Supplier would not honor the within one year warranty , Best Buy would not...

written in 2008 most are no longer with the company but maybe you can find one or two still working With Best Buy

Brad Anderson CEO/Vice Chairman/Director -

brad.anderson@bestbuy.com

Shari Ballard, Executive Vice President, Retail Channel

Shari.Ballard@bestbuy.com

Kim Motz at 612.291.5332 Shari Ballard’s assistant???

Kim.motz@bestbuy.com

Best Buy Corporate Campus

(612) 292-0077 Direct

(952) 430-7033 Fax

mark.paragi@bestbuy.com

Investor Contacts: Jennifer Driscoll, 612-291-6110 Vice President, Investor Relations

jennifer.driscoll@bestbuy.com

Charles Marentette, 612-291-6184 Senior Director, Investor Relations

charles.marentette@bestbuy.com

Carla Haugen, 612-291-6146 Director, Investor Relations

carla.haugen@bestbuy.com

BEST BUY ON ONTARIO ST, VANCOUVER...WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

I CAME TO BEST BUY THIS MORNING DECEMBER 16 2013 TO PURCHASE A AUDIO TECHNICA TURNTABLE THAT WAS ON THEIR WEBSITE FOR $149 CDN...BUT BEFORE I DO THAT I PHONED THIS LOCATION FIRST TO SEE IF THEY HAVE A STOCK AVAILABLE... I SPOKED TO SOMEONE ON THAT DEPT.AUDIO/VIDEO AND ONE OF THE STAFF SAYS THE MODEL I WANT IS AVAILABLE AND THEY HAVE 2 IN STOCK. SO THE PERSON I SPOKED WITH GAVE ME A RESERVATION# JUST AS I CAN PICKED IT PAY FOR IT AND GO.. I ARRIVED AT THAT BEST BUY LOCATON AN HOUR LATER, I WENT TO THE AUDIO/VIDEO SECTION AND I FOUND THE ITEM I WAS LOOKING FOR. AS USUAL ONE MALE STAFF APPROACH ME AND I ASK HIM WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE OTHER BRANDS OF TURNTABLE AND THE ONE I AM BUYING ..AS TO MY DISMAY ALL HE CCAN SAY IS I DON'T KNOW.. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TURNTABLES,, SO I SAID OK JUST GIVE ME THIS ITEM MODEL SINCE I HAVE A RESERVED AND I WILL PURCHASED IT AT A SALE PRICE.. HE WENT TO CHECK IN COMPUTER IF THEY HAVE STOCK AND AND JUST TOLD ME THAT THEY DO HAVE 2 IN STOCK BUT ON HOLD TIL BOXING DAY.. I SAID I DID PHONE IN AND THE PERSON I SPOKED WITH SAYS I CAN BUY IT TODAY.. AGAIN ANOTHER STAFF CAME AND CHECK AND SAYS ITS NOT AVAILABLE.. I KEEP INSISTING TO THEM THAT I SPOKED WTH SOMEONE REGARDING THIS AND I AM BUYING IT.. SO THEY CALL THE DUTY MANAGER AND SHE CAME IN ABOUT ME WAITING FOR 15 MINS.. SO I TOLD HER THE SITUATION AND TO MY SURPRISE SHE DIDNT GIVE ME MUCH INFO ON WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY ALL SHE SAYS IS THEY DONT ACCEPT RESERVATION AND THE PERSON I SPOKED WITH IS NOT THE STAFF I SAID WHO CAN THAT BE GIVING A RESERVATION# THE MANAGER ON THAT LOCATION IS ACTING LIKE SHE JUST WANT TO GET RID OF ME.. I WAS SOO DISAPPOINTED AND THERES NO REALLY CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM THE MANAGER DOWN TO THE STAFF AND THE PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE OF THE STAFF ARE SO POOR .. I WONDER HOW THESE GUYS GOT THE JOB.. I WILL NEVER GO BACK AGAIN TO THAT LOCATION OF BEST BUY..THEN MANAGER I SPOKED WITH SHOULD BE FIRED FOR HAVING A BAD ATTITUDE TOWARDS CUSTOMERS..

not so sure why you are suprised. the person on the phone GOT YOU IN THE STORE!!

the second person you spoke to knew nothing about the products!!

the manager thought the price was so good she would have tons of people wanting them so you didnt get anything. typical worst buy@@@@@@@@@

Best Buy Manager
Placed order at 10:50AM on a Friday and called back SAME DAY at 12:45PM to cancel. They say they can't cancel because order is in "Limbo." Asked for supervisor to call back, no response. I called, again, later same eve - Order still in limbo. Monday, I get an email...

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! I AM PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View more comments
Tags
  • Best Buy Customer Service Nightmar

Best Buy review in Cherry Valley, Massachusetts: Customer DISS Service and Online ordering

Here is an email that I recently sent to Best Buy addressing my horrific experience. I feel this explains what I went through best. Recently I have decided to make my first online purchase from your store taking advantage of your cyber Monday deals for my Christmas shopping. Not only was I disappointed with your company, I was also deeply offended with the treatment that I received by two of your representatives one of those being a supervisor. I placed my order on 12/1/13, it was to arrive at the store for pick up on 12/12/13. I kept track of my order during that time and saw afew days after my online purchase on your order page it said that my payment had processed and that items have shipped. I also checked my accounts and saw that I was indeed charged for said items. On the 12th I had expected to receive and email confirming that my items were ready to be picked up at the store but to my surprise that didn't happen. I called the store to see if they were there and they looked it up and told me that it should be in the following day. I waited and the next day I checked my order online and again it said it was being shipped and not ready for pick up. On the 14th I received an email around 1:00amstating that there was a problem with billing and that I had to contact customer service to correct the issue. I immediately did so. My first attempt to call I spoke to a woman that was to transfer me to a representative that could assist me with my problem and after being on hold and waiting for about 15 minutes your system disconnected my call. I called back again right after and this time spoke to a man who at my request transferred me over to his supervisor. Before speaking with management the representative informed me that my account had been credited several times because the item had not yet shipped and it's not policy for best buy to actually collect until items are shipped. My item was not shipped out of California until the 12th, the day they were supposed to be ready for pick up in my local store. He also said my order would be cancelled if I did not provide my account information to be billed. I asked if it were possible for me to wait until the 17th when the items arrived to the store, if I would be able to pay cash there for my products. He said he wasn't authorized to do that so I asked to speak to someone who was. When he transferred me to his supervisor the woman was extremely rude, unprofessional and her treatment towards me was unacceptable. She would not let me speak, she spoke over me and yelled telling me to go to the store and speak to a manager that she did not care if my order was canceled or not. Then she hung up on me. Completely frustrated and in an attempt to find out who I was speaking to I called back again for the 3rd time. Once I was connected to a representative I asked to speak to another supervisor and was not transferred. I asked if they kept notes or reference numbers on calls and she said yes but there was nothing documented and no way to know who it was that I spoke to. She also informed me that what had happened was that I was billed on the 2nd but my item had not shipped so the money was then returned to my account. Then again on the 8th and again on the 12th. She said that my problem was my bank, because they did not allow for me to be billed because the item had not been shipped. From my experience with this matter the only problem that I see is that in an attempt to compete with different stores online Best Buy offers great deals without the capability to complete and process orders when told. As a consumer, when I check the status of my orders and see that it says my payment was processed and my item was shipping I expect it to mean just that. I find it astonishing that a company as big as yours would be so irresponsible and unprofessional towards its consumers. I trusted the name Best Buy when I did my online shopping. A mistake I will never make again. This discrepancy on your facilities behalf has caused me a great deal of stress and frustration. I was willing to come to a compromise and still give you my business but I was not comfortable giving out my account information again after that. I didn't see the harm in paying in cash at the store when my product arrived. I was never looking to get something for nothing and I should of never been treated that way by a representative from your company. As a consumer I feel it is my due diligence to forewarn other potential Best Buy consumers of my experience. I will also forward and attach this email to my local tv news and newspaper along with blogs and consumer complaint forums. This is a matter that should be rectified as soon as possible if not for me but for other costumers sake.
Mike_mn

Stay far far away from ANY online system just prior to the season. Especially Cyber Monday.

When else will a system fail other than the 1 or 2 days it's being used the most! Happends every year.

I bought my items online 3 weeks prior to the season. It also gives me time to return items if need be. I then wait about 1 month after before I will order anything online.

Why?

Return, returns, returns.

Many delivery services were unable to meet the demand this year for xmas. Seach google for 'delivery delays christmas'.

I'm going through with a similar scenario where my Cyber Monday order was accepted and processed and the order paid for and processed on line'. This order was lost by Best Buy's carrier in transit and Best Buy's ruse was to cancel the order, refund the money back to my credit card when I had instructed them that I did not want to cancel the order but WANTED my order completed and the product that I initially paid for delivered.

Best Buy just seems to blow customers off when they can't complete their orders.

I will be advising the various agencies ie, Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau, the local TV station in my area that airs consumer complaints on TV and most of all I have consulted a Lawyer and we will be taking Best Buy to court in the New Year.

Consumers that get treated in such terrible ways by Best Buy should go legal on this company and maybe with enough litigation against their poor business practices they will see the light and clean their act up.

Courtnie
@HAD ENOUGH OF BEST BUY

When you tell the TV station that Best Buy refunded your money, they will laugh in your face - they may even feature Best Buy on a segment where they honor good customer service. You have no complaint.

No crime was committed, no switcheroo.

You are a fool to beg a business to sell you something. If you are so desperate for the item I am sure it is available elsewhere.

@Courtnie

And I'm sure that Best Buy loves your type of consumer. Let them stick it to you and you fold like a blanket.

@HAD ENOUGH OF BEST BUY

"lost in transit". More likely found it's way into the hands of one of the BB carriers, or sub-contracted carriers.

Also, do not have any packaged delivered to your home, unless there is someone to accept it, or, the package needs a signature. There are organized persons who follow UPS/FexEx trucks, to snatch the packages they leave.

first mistake WORST BUY second mistake worst buy third mistake worst buy GOT IT YET........

Courtnie

Yeah, that's big news. I'm sure TV and Newspapers will jump right on that hot news item.

The only thing "horrific" was that long, drawn out, complaint. I suggest you look up "horrific" and rethink your description. Or, you can just ask the millions of people in the world who REALLY know what horrific is.

There are plenty to choose from: some are starving, some are homeless months after a typhoon, some are tortured daily, some live under ruthlessly oppressive governments. Now, tell us again how you suffered at the hands of Best Buy and don't employ so much hyperbole drama queen.

View more comments (6)
Best Buy Shipping Service

Best Buy review in Louisville, Kentucky: Customer service

Purchased laptop from best buy online and was not working right so took it in the store and was going to get another one. They had none so I told cashier I would just keep the item and not listening to what I said she returned item anyway. Not only returned the item,but she put the money back on someone elses credit card. Said nothing they could do. Said I had to call my bank. Hello wasn't even refunded to my card. So someone out thete has 264.00 on the credit card.cause I don't have it. Even manager woulnt talk to me.

Did the employee scan someone else's receipt? That's the only possible way that could have happened.

Even then, the other person's receipt would have to have the exact same SKU listed.

Their system won't allow it any other way. Something doesn't sound right about your complaint.

wonder who got the credit THE EMPLOYEE! send a copy of the receipt to your credit card company they can straighten in out PUT THE CHARGES IN DISPUTE!! fraud this is

View more comments (1)
Product
Best Buy Credit Card

Best Buy review in Beaumont, California: Geek Squad Protection doesn't work

I bought a cell phone galaxy and bought the protection plans. I had trouble with the phone freezing and was able to return the phone 2 times without hesitation or questions. Last month my phone froze so I took it in to get it sent out. And the guy at the counter said he had to trouble shoot it before he can send it out. He then told me that the phone is working fine and if he can't see anything wrong with it he can't send it out. I asked then why do I pay 9.99 a month? He said if I send it out and there's nothing wrong you have to pay 150.00. I then asked him so you the associate have to see something wrong with the phone and not take the customers word how is that fair if I'm paying for the insurance? In frustrated that my phone didn't get sent out and I feel like I've paid this 9.99 a month for nothing. I don't plan on buying another phone from Best Buy and I glad I didn't but the protection plan for the carpet cleaner I just bought.

So should you be able to just call up your car insurance company and ask for a new car because you wrecked it, but you don't want them to look at it first? No, they should just take your word for it, right?

How about your homeowner's insurance?

They should just pay out when you tell them you have flood damage, but they shouldn't get to look before paying out. Sounds fair to me...

Best Buy review in Toms River, New Jersey: Online ordering

2 strikes their out. First a couple years ago I ordered an item online to pick up in store. Paid and received confirmation and then next morning received a cancellation notice. I was told that the order must have come in after hours and was automatically cancelled when they turned their machines on in the morning?????? Went to game stop and walked up to counter and bought item. Second- figured I would give it another try since I didn't need it as soon as the first time (which both were for Christmas) and it has been a couple years. I placed my order and checked progress online and a week later it finally said SHIPPED and gave UPS tracking number. So I check UPS and it says label printed but store has not given item to UPS. I check it daily and another week went by with same info. So I call the 1-888 number and get transferred for 5 min and then the person picked up and hung up. Wouldn't be so bad but they charged my account and it says item cannot be cancelled. So I had to buy the item at a store other than best buy(not the best) and wait to see if it ever arrives so I can send it back since I don't need it anymore. It's like someone telling you they will meet you some place and then they never show up or call and you don't hear from them again ????????

So you are complaining about something that happened a couple of years ago??

And I thought it was three strikes...not two....

Loss

Best Buy review: I Wish I Had Ordered From Walmart!

I ordered an LG blu-ray player and an HDMI cable from Best Buy.com on Dec 3rd for delivery to my home, ordered at the same time on the same invoice. Payed with PayPal, so it was payed immediately. The blu-ray player was finally shipped out at 5:30 on Dec 10th. Seriously? 7 days? And it's going to the post office, not to my home. Today I found out that the cable is being shipped separately, and it has not yet been picked up by UPS. 8 days (and still counting) for a cable?????? I can't use the blu-ray without the cable! I am so regretting that I didn't order thru Walmart! I placed an order thru them late at night on Dec 8 and it was shipped out the following morning. I've learned my lesson.

please never order a itunes gift card from them they DO NOT ACTIVATE THEM. they send them but they are not activated. scam

live and learn. they have the nickname worst buy for a reason AMAZON also an great choice 2 days shipping and it seems immediate

View more comments (1)