Filter by rating :
filters
I spend enough money with bestbuy to become their elite PLUS member. Every Time i call the customer service line I always get a answer "NO". Their customer service in the store are the same. WOrst in the world. I even sent the CEO a email HOW angry i was over the way...

Elite Plus membership does not grant you free extended warranty... that I know of.

Yes, they are correct, the warranty is covered by the mfg, and is at least 1 year. Some parts are covered for more than 1 year. Repair would be done at an authorized repair center.

Did you even check the specific warranty? Or, just complain about how unfair it all is because you spend a lot of $.

Wow. The entitlement is amazing.

Well, I spend alot of money on gas for my car, so when the engine fails, I should be entitled to a new engine! right?

If you bought a washer with less than a 5 month mfg warranty, then don't complain because you bought cheap! My guess is it does have a longer warranty, but you just accept whatever is said by whoever answers the phone.

1. Check the warranty. This is included in the documentation you received with the washer. Or, go the the mfg website and check on the specif model of the washer for the warranty periods.

2. If it's still under warranty, go to a certified repair center with your original receipt and THEY will tell you if it's covered. Skip BB and the mfg.

It's been over a year, so, no, it's most likely not covered now. It amazes me how little knowledge people have about the products they purchase, and little research they do.

View more comments
Loss

Tv will not work 29 th day and still no tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Best Buy review from Madison, Wisconsin

My TV stopped working so I called best buy and then they transferred me to geek squad and then got transferred to a third party company that would be fixing my tv they did want to take the time to come look at my tv so they guested on what part they needed well about a week later he fianal came to fix it they had sent three different part he put them all in and still didn't work and this was the 26 th day since it had stopped working and since then I havespent about five hours on the phone trying to get a new TV well I gave up and bought a tv from Walmart they have a much better return policy I will never buy any thing from best buy again!!!!!! Defiantly would not recommend to any one to buy from there go to Walmart cheaper and easy.

worst buy STOCK TANKING. cuting more jobs " Teletech officials have announced that 192 call center employees will lose their jobs at its Amherst location in March.

A confidential memo sent to all Teletech Best Buy Geek Squad employees Thursday notified the workers that due to a reduction in call volumes, a mass layoff would take place."

Actually, Walmart's return policy on TVs is the exact same as Best Buy

@Simon

Sion is a troll that always posts in favor of bet buy...simon is a putz !

@Simon Sez

and when I say "bet buy" I mean it...you bet it will work...you usually lose the bet !

View more comments (3)
Review

Returned Cell Phone & Contract Was Never Cancelled | Best Buy review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I bought a Samsung Galaxy IV at Best Buy Union Square store #1531 during the Black Friday special and returned it within the 14-day trial period, but the store never recorded my return with Verizon. I have the receipt and spent at least 15 minutes there with them closing out my account. Now I find out that they never completed or submitted it to Verizon. One Best Buy rep at the store told me that it happened because it was busy during the holidays and lot of things did not get done. What a reassuring statement for a Best Buy rep to make. When returning and or cancelling your cell phone and service make sure to double triple check that best Buy has submitted the proper paper work. Unfortunately, it must be done through them and not the carrier. Instead of buyer beware, it's returned beware.
Review

Paid for Ipad Air 32gb but 16gb was in box | Best Buy review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Be careful when buying open box items at Best Buy. The company says the items are inspected by the Geek Squad and then resealed and resold. I was charged $500 for a used iPad air 32gb, but it was really a 16gb iPad air, which retails new for $500. Best Buy says it was a mistake, but had I not brought the item back the next day to ask a question, they would have gotten away with a great bait and switch. I also had to talk to two managers before I could get any help at all. Buyer beware of the open box items they sell.

does not suprise me WORST BUY IS IT REAL NAME

Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Pre-ordered a new cell phone and get $50 dollars gift card | Best Buy review from Las Vegas, Nevada

I did a one month pre-order the LG G2 phone with Best Buy because of the $50 dollars gift card which was the the selling point to go with Best Buy. 2 months after receiving the phone and no gift card. After numerous times being on the phone with their customer service with no resolution, I've given up and now wanting to give people a heads up with Best Buy. I've been on the phone with them 10 times and every time, I was put on hold for 20 mins with no exaggeration and promised that I would receive it soon. Two months and still rolling with no sign of it so this is like a bait and switch.

That's too bad. I used to purchase allot at BB, and enjoy going there just to browse around.

Like a jilted x, I no longer do I have any affection fro BB. Too bad for the employees who's livelihood will be effected due to miss management and the mis-direction of upper management.

WORST BUY STOCK IS TANKING job cuts The Morning Journal

POSTED: 01/16/14, 6:37 PM EST |

LORAIN — Teletech officials have announced that 192 call center employees will lose their jobs at its Amherst location in March.

Mike_mn

I've gotten burned on this also. Not just BB, but other retailers.

I do not purchase anything, unless they give the gift card on the spot, or immediate discount.

There is no reason for any retailer not to give the gift card on the spot.

Target does this. I believe retailers delay this because they know some people wont get hem, And others will forget about them.

View more comments (2)
Product
Best Buy Gift Card

Price Match Guarantee is a Joke | Best Buy review

Bought an item (Nintendo 3DS XL Mario & Luigi Edition) from bestbuy.com. Three days later tried to get a price match after it went on-sale at target.com and target stores. I printed out the webpage showing its price and available on target.com and took a picture of it being on-sale in the store. After waiting in line at Best Buy the customer service rep would not give me a adjustment because it went out of stock online. I thought it was silly since it was available when I printed the sheet out an hour ago and still available at the target nextstore. 28 days later the same thing happened at Wal-mart and walmart.com. I called and they said bring over the receipt and price. I went over and they informed me the price match is only 15 days for online items but to call the customer service because they make exceptions. I called and customer service told they wont make an exception and to buy the item from wal-mart and return to Best Buy. Why would anyone ever shop at Best Buy again after this experience. I know I wont.
Mike_mn

What! BB cust service told you to purchase from Wal-Mart and return to BB!!!

I'm pretty sure this is against ANY companies policy. Al the least unethical, and possibly illegal.

Please write an email to both Wal-Mart, BB, and the Attorney general in your state about this.

Loss

Ordered a new All-in-one PC from Best Buy Marketplace and they interecepted the shipment from UPS the day of delivery, returned product and refuse to fulfill order now.

Spent the last Sunday of 2013 (12/29) checking advertisements and shopping online for a new desktop PC. While doing so, I discovered a HP ENVY 2334 Touch Screen All in One Computer 8GB Memory 2TB Hard Drive SKU: 1306374925 advertised on Best Buy for $499. This appeared to be a great price, so I stopped looking, ordered it and received my email confirmation of the order stating it would be delivered between 1/2/14 and 1/5/14. On 12/30 I received a shipment confirmation from UPS that my PC would be delivered on 1/2/14. Everything appeared to working like clock work and I was excited about getting my new PC at the start of the new year. On 1/2/14 I received an email from UPS stating that my package had been intercepted and was being returned to sender at the shipper's request. UPS showed the package had left Doraville, GA on 12/30/13 and was on a UPS truck for delivery to my home in Greenville, SC on 1/2/14. I then receive another email from UPS stating the package was being sent to Addison, IL. At this point, I began contacting customer service at both Best Buy and Tiger Direct because this was a Best Buy Marketplace order. Neither Company would provide me with any details other than what I was already seeing on my UPS.com account. It is now 1/7/14 and I still have no PC and I have not heard anything from Best Buy or Tiger Direct. I received another email from UPS stating my package had been delivered to its final destination of Addison, IL. Once again I started contacting Best Buy and Tiger Direct's customer service because my Best Buy credit card has been charged and I have no PC and it appears there is not one in route to me either. After spending over 20 minutes on the phone with a Best Buy customer service rep, he finally tells me that he is going to have to contact Tiger Direct himself and find out what is going on. He places me on hold, contacts Tiger Direct and then gets back to me 10 minutes later. He then tells me he has someone from Tiger Direct on the line they will take care of my order problem. He connects me with the rep from Tiger Direct and disconnects himself from the call. The customer service rep from Tiger Direct then asks how he can help me wants to know what the problem is with my order (arghhh). I spend another 10 minutes bringing this person up-to-speed on everything and then he finally tells me that the price of the PC I ordered was a mistake and they cannot honor that price. I realize you made a pricing error on your website, but those mistakes should not come at the expense of the customer. It is one thing to tell me the mistake before your confirm and ship my order and it is another thing to not tell me at all, charge my credit card and leave me to my own means to figure out with the issues are. The fact that you charged my credit card and provided me with an order confirmation makes this sale a binding agreement and you should be honorable and respectable enough to honor this mistake and provide with the product that was ordered. Until then, Best Buy and Tiger Direct will never again get any of my business and I will do everything within my power and the ability of the Social Media network to make sure many more individuals do the same!

Thank you for your post. I feel so fortunate that my order did not go through.

I was attempting to purchase a new washer & dryer (my dryer caught on fire Monday evening). After days of research I finally settle on a set at Best Buy, went through the hassle of being approved for financing and placed the order. The order did not go through because it is not available in my area. Now I realize why.

I will cancel the card as soon as it arrives.

As I said I feel very fortunate. Thank you!!

have you ever really gotten a DEAL at worst buy!! every time they adverstise anything it is OUT OF STOCK/ A MISSPRINT ACCOURDING to them or a pricing error. CLASS way to get you to place an order then UPGRADE worst buy is full of the UPGRADE drama

Mike_mn

If they advertised the price, they MUST sell it at that price. They count on people not willing to go that extra step, and wuite frankly, it probably not worth the effort to get hem to sell it to you at they price they promised.

As I was reading, I was thinking the package was diverted due to someone hacking their system and rerouting the delivery.

But that was not the case.

They did refund your money, so that's good. At the first of ANYthing unusual, adn concidering the run around they gave you, I usually contact my credit card and report unusual activity and get the card temp stopped and the amount of the order returned.

@Mike_mn

no mike, unfortunately, they don't have to sell it at a misprinted price...

Now, seeing that they completed the deal...makes that diversion of the package look like theft to me.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Tossed around even lied to dissapointed customer service | Best Buy review from Medford, Oregon

Sitting and typing out again my experience with best buy over a laptop will only upset me more. I'm a professional customer service rep, and have never seen anything like it. Not only did the salesman straight up lie right to my face over and over, I was misled to close the sale!! Topping that.. a customers service rep tells me that she and I were going to have a 3 way call Asked me if it was ok to put me on hold while she sets the call up.. I accept and she DROPS the line to a dial tone. Much more has Happenthen what I've explained so far, but its enough to say... Unexceptable!

Samsung plasma tv | Best Buy review from Syracuse, New York

Where do I start. I had samsung 51 inch plasma. Tv panel failed 3 times within a year. Samsung tried to give me hard time and come up with different excuses when their own technicians confirmed bad panels and need for replacement. Every replacement took over more than a month. After third time it failed I got rid of this tv and made another mistake by going with samsung smart plasma tv this one lasted longer and still failed. I contact samsung they took information I sent picture of the crack on the panel and they tried to blame me that is physical damage. Again their own technicians confirmed failed panel and instead of acknowledge the issue on their end they tried to blame customer and get away with this repair. People don't take my word for it just google theirs millions customers like me with same problem. In order to make slim tv samsung took internal fans out and tv overheats and panel blows cracks. I trust samsung till this day but they failed big. No more samsung product for me EVER. Bought tv from best buy no help from them ether.
Shae

Did u file a claim thru best buy? I'm having the same problem and corporate is saying they have never had this complaint before.

I've been fighting them for over a month and have an extended warranty. Do u have a claim # I could show them to prove they are lying?

these tv's have issues WORST BUY know it and continues to sell them. and samsung continues to not stand behind it merchandise.

really what is a consumer to do. I have even read that you should buy certain LOT numbers of these TV PRODUCED in certain factories on certain days really much work for the consumer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Remember, all these products are made injapan or china, and that's the way they get revenge withthe american people. By selling junk items.

They don't have the slightest intention on givin' back your money or new item. Best Buy and other stores alike, just follow their instrucctions and that is to *** the american people. I quit buying at these stores and went back to the local independent merchants that needs your support.

The *** with chinesse products. Support America.

@mikemel

I agree but we as a customers shouldn't be treated like this. Seems like they care about their business not customers, they just lost one and maybe will lose thousands others if they continue that way.

@mikemel

@mikemel: Samsung is a South Korean Company, not Japanese. Nothing in his TV was manufactured in Japan as it would be far too expensive (you do understand Japan in a first world country like the US, right?). Also, how would you suggest the OP procure a TV produced in America? Currently, there are no TV brands that are entirely produced and assembled in America. There is one brand assembled here (Element), but that's assembly only. The parts could be from anywhere. I actually own a flat screen Element TV (it was a gift), and it's one of the worst I've ever used.

To OP: I don't see why this is filed under Best Buy when the entirety of your complaint has to do with a faulty product from Samsung and their failure to properly support it.

@IMO

Bought from best buy and they don't want to take part in it as well.

@Anonymous

I understand that, but after the return period, the customer is required to go to the manufacturer for assistance with product malfunctions. I don't see how it is Best Buy's fault if you're outside of the return period and have a problem.

Now if the OP had tried to return the TV to Best Buy first and was given trouble by Best Buy, then I might understand.

View more comments (6)

Best Buy's unjust return policy

I purchased a Bluray (RepoMan-Criterion Collection) as a gift, from store #833. After gifted, the recipient told me they only have a DVD player. I attempted to exchange or return unused, undamaged merchandise within the time frame noted on the receipt. I was told this is not allowed since I removed the plastic; which was done to conceal the pricetag on the wrapping. I was told this is a federal policy to prevent piracy. Neither F.Y.E or Barnes and Noble share this "mandatory federal policy." This policy is not posted at the P.O.S., on the receipt, nor brought to my attention prior to purchase. A customer has to request a copy of their return policy or peruse the fine print on their website PRIOR TO PURCHASE to be aware of this policy. This seems to be misleading representation, which is an illegal practice. I will NEVER make a purchase at Best Buy again. I will use every opportunity to express my dissatisfaction to any potential customers. Their alliance is with the entertainment industry and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act when it should be with the customer. Thanks for reading and BOYCOTT BEST BUY.

First, it is fairly common knowledge that an opened DVD, software, or video game can only be returned for an even exchange of the exact item. Yes, it is because of copyright issues.

How easy would it have been for you to open the DVD, copy it, and then return it under false pretenses? Also, I know for a fact that every other retailer has the same policy. Finally, Best Buy has to have an alliance with "the entertainment industry and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act" AND the customer. They have to strike a balance.

Your complaint is invalid. Sorry, but it is.

@Whatever

You are an ignorant ***. I know the customer isn't always right.

However there are situations where companies need to take the customers word for it. IF she wanted to just get the price tag off the product its one thing, if the person she was gifting it to couldn't use it. That is also a good reason. In my case the object I was trying to exchange for a more expensive item did not indicate what version it contained on the packaging.

Therefore the ONLY thing I can do is open it, and try it. I even asked the cashier BEFORE purchasing it. "If this is not what I am looking for, can I return it or exchange it?" all I got was a "YEAH!" Not a Only this way or that way.

Just a YEAH.

return polices at any store are a luxury and by no means does any store have to return something you buy whether or not it is open.

how many gift cards does WORST BUY send out and never activate. this company is just bad all around they SCAM the customers.

Mike_mn

Why would they support the 'entertainment industry and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act'? After all, this is a big part of their sales.

Buy a DVD, open it, copy it, return it. Wow! What a deal.

Your message is confusing. First you mention a DVD player.

Then your description sounds like a DVD or CD. Excuse me, but I'm not going to reread your message several times to figure out what the issue is. If you can't articulate what happened in a message, how do you expect the sevice dept to understand the 'words coming out of your mouth' so to speak!

As a company starts to fail, they tighten their policies, and pretty much try to screw the customer out of things like, returns, promised accessories like gift cards and other items that will be sent 'After' the purchase. Done't fall for these.

Rebates are another scam. The rebate controller can refuse any rebate for ANY reason.

Sorry for our experience, and I've been there.

As a rule, I don't leave a store without all items of the purchase, and I don't use rebates.

You must live in a cave.. You can't open a DVD or game and return it! Dummy!

Actually it says very clearly on the receipt and a big sign at checkout that says non-returnable items include opened movies. This is for any retailer.

If it's a disc and you may have to return it, don't open it. Software, video games, dvds, cds, blu-rays, anything.

Target, Walmart, Best Buy most retail places have this policy.

There are plenty of other ways to conceal a price tag but don't blame Best Buy for a policy most retailers share due to piracy.

View more comments (6)