Filter by rating :
filters

Best Buy refusal to make good on defective merchandise

After an experience I recently had at Best Buy, I will probably not shop there again. On 7/30/13 I purchased a Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter for my HDTV from the Albuquerque #223 store. It stopped working in less than three months so I put the adapter in its original box along with the purchase receipt, drove across town, and stood in a long line to get a refund only to be told that Best Buy would not give me one because this was a Samsung product! I've never encountered any policy like that in any store. Surely Best Buy should make good on the products it sells off its shelves and deal with the manufacturers about defects itself. But no, in this case the Best Buy customer service rep insisted I must go to Samsung myself. So I spent literally months hassling with Samsung to get the refund only to be told in the end that they would NOT give me one and that I had no further recourse. Basically I'm out what I paid for the adapter + a whole lot of time & trouble. Grrrrr.
#820858

How about contacting Samsung since this is obviously a manufacturer's defect and the adapter should still be within a warranty timeframe. It is however outside Best Buy's return policy as stated so I am unsure why you would expect anything more from them.

#820762

It didn't have to anything to do with it being a Samsung product. It had to do with the fact that the merchandise was 3 months old and was way beyond the 15 day return policy.

View more comments (1)

Tablet Repair Review

Sent tablet in to have repair, 5 months old and paid 550 dollars for it. They send it back and day it will be 400 to fix. They said water damage which is absurb. Who knows what they did to it while they shipped to Kentucky. I am officially done ever shopping there again. Terrible service and was last time I ever set foot in the door their. How to see them crash and burn running a business like that. Matt
Review

DELIVERY SERVICE RUDE AND CAME BACK AND BURGULARIZED MY HOME | Best Buy review from Sacramento, California

I will never buy another appliance again from Best Buy they sub-contract there delivery services with other trucking companies. The two thugs that delivered my washer and dryer came back that evening when I was not home broke into my garage and stole a whole gun safe full of guns, cash, old coins, diamonds, my life. Then they continued and broke open the door into my home stole autograph baseballs. Went upstairs and stole more jewelry after prying open my bedroom door. I have been sick for days. I had the washer and dryer returned to add insult to injury they charged me a restocking charge. NEVER BUY FROM BEST BUY>>>I don't understand why there stock is up in the stock marked.

Are you kidding me?! How do you you know that it was the delivery drivers who "broke in" to your home?

Are they in custody? Do you have video or eyewitnesses?

Your story is very shady and I hope you get what you deserve if you're lying. Btw, best buy does not charge a restocking fee for returned products so stop lying!

Greenley
#819923

Do you happen to have the guys on surveillance video...or any other proof? If not, good luck if BB's lawyers decide to come after you over libel.

View more comments (1)

No return/ store credit/ exchange | Best Buy review from Syracuse, New York

Bought a $50 video game at Best Buy for a gift for someone. I thought they had a Xbox 360 but turned out they had the PS3. I explained my situation to them that I wanted to just change the game or anything at all.. but because it was past their lousy 15 day policy they could do Nothing for me. I am a manager at one of the jobs and a cashier at another and this is outrageous to me. I am now stuck with a $50 dollar game that I can't use. Still in the original package with the receipt! For now on I will avoid Best Buy at all cost.
#820174

And that receipt says 15 day return policy. Take it to Gamestop and see what they will give you for it.

Service
Best Buy Cashier

Best Buy - Headphones Warranty Review from Wilbraham, Massachusetts

Orginally I bought black redesigned studio headphones with a two-year warranty. Several months later I paid extra and got wireless ones. The seller in BestBuy nor offered me a warranty, neither told me anything about it, such as I am losing it or that he can tie my current one to my new pair of headphones (if that was possible). I am incredibly upset, as I am experiencing physical problems with the headphones, which may lead to the item breakage, which then will not be reapired at all. And one-year factory warranty repair takes too much time, which I do not have, and is pain in the ***. Is this what they call Peace of Mind?? So frustrated..

Best Buy Kept my Returned 2 Week Old Vizion TV & Also Kept My Money

On 03/15/14, I purchased a Vizio TV from Best Buy. After 2 weeks I took it back because it kept freezing up. Best Buy has refused to refund my money. They wanted me to dishonestly buy another TV elsewhere while they fixed a 2 week old TV, that would take up to 3 weeks to fix. They just can't keep the TV and my money. I complained to them through American Express, but Best Buy refused to refund my money. I will not stop complaining until they refund my $464.38; which includes 2 year additional warranty. Does anyone know what I can do to get my money. I am out of a TV and out of my money since March.

It's called a 15 day return policy for a reason. Best Buy clearly states THAT on the receipt, website, and many locations in the store.

Maybe you should take up reading the policy. Good thing the TV does have a manufacture's warranty and YOU BOUGHT A 2 YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY. The Good thing about reading terms and conditions and policies is that it will inform you that if your tv does go out, outside the return policy you are entitled to get it fixed or replaced. ANOTHER policy of the warranty is you simply send it to service for a few days and then it will be returned to you functional, if they can't fix it, you get a new one.

God forbid you're out a TV for a few days....it'd be the end of the world I know. Well here's the moral of the story..reading is awesome, you will learn alot.

MattD78

If you took it back into the store before 3/31 you should have simply had them return or exchange the tv under their normal 15 day return policy. If it was after 3/31 you probably should have contacted the manufacturer since the tv is obviously still under the 1 year warranty.

Best Buy has hundreds of other people who need warranty replacements, they can't just hand it back 2 days later.

As far as your money, you didn't return the tv you gave it to them for repair.

Did you expect them to refund you and then recharge you when the tv is given back? It doesn't work that way.

actually they can keep the tv since you gave it to them. did you get any type of documentation that they were sending it out for repair?

because your title leads one to believe you just returned it not brought it in for servicing.

if you were returning it like a normal return did you bring it back within their return window? I haven't shopped there in awhile so I don't know what that is anymore I know it used to be something like 2-4 weeks for particular electronics.

if you, however, just returned the tv and left with no proof of returning or turning it in for service you may very well be SOL here.

also, you haven't been without a tv since march you say you bought it 3/15 and returned it 2 weeks later that's right at the end of march so you've only been without it since the last 2 days of march and all of april.

also, the 2 year warranty in many places is not active until the manufacturer's one runs out.

it's mostly a money grab by the retailer selling it. I can confirm this as I work retail and I never offer them to customers because I know what a sham they are in most cases.

View more comments (2)

Best Buy - Tv Protection Plan Review from North Port, Florida

I bought a tv at best buy less than a year ago. Since we have a little boy, I asked if they have a protection plan that would cover damages caused by the child. The answer was yes and I paid around 30 dollars for a 2 year protection plan. Now the tv lost the picture for some other reasons and I brought it back expecting to get a new one, since I was told I can just bring it in and get a new one, if there is something wrong with it, but NO. Now I have to wait 10 days for the tv to be check somewhere and they they are gonna decide if I can get a new one. I went to best buy and not walmart to avoid a situation like that. I was lied to and I'm very disappointed. After thousands of dollars spend at Best Buy, now I'm gonna do everything to avoid the store.

Read the terms and conditions of the extended warranty next time. Dont get upset with BB just because you didnt read the terms.

Review

Order was seriously screwed up on Roomba 770 | Best Buy review from Barrie, Ontario

The online support was confused and I had to calculate the exact rather than approximate price for the person. The supervisor was of no help at all. I purchased a Roomba 770 and was told that there was stock and sale price was $100 off. A week later I was told there was a problem with the system and that they could complete the order and they gave me $50 off on anything I wanted. I wanted a Roomba 770 or at least I did. Called them back to explain and 1/2 later they agreed to give it to me for the original price I placed my order at a week before. Oh yeah they also had stock of the item despite them telling me on my first order that they were out of stock. OMG what is with these guys screwed up and need help

Sorry Customer Service | Best Buy review from Canton, Georgia

I went to Best Buy store #1186 in Canton GA. The employees I dealt with did not listen to my needs, and I ended up coming home with things I didn't need. I asked pointed questions, but I got wrong answers. It took me about an hour just to go through the checkout process. I got an attitude from employees when I wanted to return something. I was getting so frustrated my husband threatened to bring back everything we bought, and get a refund. An employee finally helped me with the return I made. This whole experience has left me with no desire to buy anything from Best Buy again.

It sounds like shopping isn't for you. Best you stay home next time.

@Simon

Aren't you the helpful one?????

P.S If my husband had hit me because I brought the wrong items it would be their fault not mine since they purposely gave the wrong items.

@Anonymous

No, that would be your husband's fault for being a troglodyte.

View more comments (3)
Review

Appliance repaired 4 times and not exchanged as per policy | Best Buy review from Sterling, Virginia

Refrigerator had broken at least 4 times and every time we had called the geek squat and they have sent a repair company to deal with the issue, I was told that after 3 repairs they will have to exchange the refrigerator. After this happen (already 4 times a technician has come and look for problems) they still did not wanted to to exchange the refrigerator claiming that some of those calls were too close together and linked to the same repair. how would I not called twice in the same month if the person they sent did not fixed my problem. So that means that if I called every week for a appliance that does not work, all the repairs will be linked together and I would have to stick with something that does not work and what is the warranty for then? Also, because someone in my household called one time they almost do not consider that call linked to the same appliance. Definitively am systemic problem from their side unless they just want to keep it that way so customers that do not recollect who call/ date of service will not be able to complaint. Plus all the food that we had to waste due to this issue was not even acknowledge by the people that they tell you was going to try to resolve that problem. It is sad that best buy is not taking care of their customers, I always buy the extended warranty and this is the first time I had to call for a product repair, after this experience I will take my business to other stores that have a better warranty/ repair policies.

Learn how to spell first