Lazy, incompetent customer service desk - Best Buy review

Update by user Aug 18, 2014

Update: I took it into the Best Buy at a different mall after the clips were fixed by me (simple) and I got full trade in value, and I'm typing this on my new MBP!

Original review posted by user Aug 09, 2014

I went into Best Buy today and took in my Mini to be bought back for in store credit towards an Retina...
Donnamarie

It wasnt damaged to the guy below. Oh and i see he took it to another location and tgey credited him full trade in.

View more comments
Review
#520146 Review #520146 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Refuses to replace cell phone | Best Buy review from Stillwater, Oklahoma

Bought an HTC one with geek squad protection. We have been through 3 of the same phone. We were told by the manager Emily that once you have been through 3 phone they would replace it with a different phone compritable to what we have. Lie. Was told if I had said I wanted a different phone the very first time it happened they could have done that for me, but since I didn't I would get a refurbished phone. How can I make that decision if no one told me? Manger Emily said they are not supposed to tell customers that. Really? Now they refused to replace the phone and said take it to sprint. After calling corporate they ordered the same *** phone. I don't want that *** phone there is something phone with all of them. Sprint won't help due to purchasing insurance and buying the phone from Best Buy. I will never shop there again. Not helpful. Horrible customer services. Workers don't know details on how to help customers with the issues they have with their products.
Review
#519781 Review #519781 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy - Locked Toilet Facility Review

Been a client from the Best Buy Plaza Carolina PR store. Just today I ask for use of the bathrooms, that lately remain locked. You ask for service and they run from you. It seems that if you are not making a big purchase you are not worth their time. But when you are checking out anything from electronics electronics they pester like flies! Me I'm just waiting still for the employee who said to me "I'll be back". Luckily I just needed to wash my hands. I suppose some people just have to *** their pants. Your client service is the worse.

Reading some of these comments I seem to be reading that some of the commentors would not work for Best Buy nor like their policies. Yet they take up for the employees that work there and implement those same policies that they don't like.

That is hypocritical. Oh yeah times are tough and many of us have to work retail in lousy jobs to pay our tuition. With the present economy we may never get a better job. But I can't get away with not providing customer service.

I know people that work at a Best Buy and they say its too relaxed and do get away with not providing customer service at times. That is why Best Buy gets a bad rep.

Hey anon. You are probably a Best Buy shill too.

Find a customer to hide from.

Uh oh. The bathroom doors are locked!

@No Best Buy

Now that is funny. Five gold stars for you.

But I don't think Anonymous nor Anon are a shill (same person).

No shill sould be *** enough to defend a locked bathroom door at Best Buy. He is probably some *** who thinks he is funny.

@No Best Buy

They had to lock the restrooms after they caught you and Hobo installing a glory hole.

@pervs in public restrooms

Say Anonymous/Anon/pervs in public restrooms you are a shill. Looks like that was the best comment you could come up with.

Hobo's comments really got to you.

But hey, he speaks the trueth. You are a low paid "glory hole" yourself who doesn't have enough brains to get a real job outside of Best Buy.

@No Best Buy

I would never work for best buy as I hate their practices, however most the employees(at least near me) are working there to put themselves through college. How does that make them bad?

Curious if most of you bothered to get a real degree reading the comments you sound like the type who sits in mommies basement eating Cheerios and being internet d o u c h e s all day.

Maybe get a life? Disgusting swine.

First B
@No Best Buy

I thought they were getting high in the washrooms not hiding from customers.

Everybody has it wrong. I think that the doors are locked because the EMPLOYEES waste alot of time in there to get high and ***. Look at there ages.

@Smarter-Than-You-Think

Judgmental much? Now we all know how you spent your youth.

@Anon

Mr. Anon please tell that you do/did not do those things in youth.

Maybe you just stayed in your lonely room playing video games by yourself or just play with yourself.

Seems that you don't/did not have a life. What a boring person you must be.

View more comments (15)
Featured
Review
#519478 Review #519478 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buys worst customer service ever

I have now had several dealings with customer service at the Best Buys store in Costa Mesa CA. What I hate the most is their 15 day return policy. I bought a TV over the internet, and it turned out to be a POS. BB refused to take it back because they said it had been more that 15 days since I ordered it. They did not care that it had just been delivered 2 days ago. I keep asking myself why I keep doing business with them. This is truly the last time! I hate you BB, you are the biggest corporate rip off artist ever.

Why electronics only have a 15 day return its usually 30 days or 90 days. that lets you know best buy is up to no good...

Review
#519415 Review #519415 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Best Buy Customer Care

Protection plan not honored | Best Buy review from Gainesville, Georgia

I a a month purchased a protection plan for my cell phone. I dropped the phone and screen cracked. I thought no worries I bought a protection plan and the best buy Rep told me everything will be cover for 10 dollars a month. I Tookthe phone and the geek squad rep told me I was misinformed and had to pay $150 . I asked for store manager. I explained how and what was said about the protection plan. He said I don't care what you were told we sent you an email and I should have read it. I asked him so I shouldn't depend on your associates say. He then said that he didn't like my tone of voice and was getting ready to throw me out of his store and ban me from this store. So beware of what they tell you at best buy if the make a mistake it not going to be rectified

Enjoy paying more monthly and higher deductible s with the carriers insurance. I have never had issues.

I typically go back to the store I have always dealt with.

But never had issues. Your gonna pay either way.

Best buy is ajoke with their 15 day return policy also..why would you give customers only 15 days to return expensive electronics? Besy Buy is a scam..

This is true no matter where you shop. Always read the terms of any service agreement or contract.

There are way too many things for a salesperson to keep track of that you can't be sure they are 100% correct unless you read the information you are given.

You don't know if the sales person started yesterday and are still learning or have 10 years of experience. Protect yourself and take the time to understand what you are buying.

they tell lies to get you to buy the plan. the plan is a scam.

View more comments (3)
Review
#519083 Review #519083 is a subjective opinion of poster.

"Price Match Guarantee" rip off. | Best Buy review from Buffalo, New York

I purchased an HP envy laptop computer from Best Buy for $749.99 on 6/18/14. I noticed it was on sale within a week for $649.99 on the internet. Their website said to contact a 1-888 number for customer service. I did and was told I should receive a $100 gift card within 5-10 Days. They denied me this refund ,saying I bought a bundle. The"bundle" they were referring to was a setup I was going to have the geek squad perform then and there. Problem was only 1 person was performing geek squad duties cause they were short and had quit a few already waiting. So I asked for a refund for this "bundle". They still tell me I'm not eligible cause I bought a bundle. I will never shop this store again and will tell everyone and anyone not to also. Never again!!!

It's called false advertising, they will use every and any excuse possible not to honer the price match policy.

MattD78
@Ex-BBCustomer

Or it's called Terms and Conditions which every store has and a responsible consumer reads.

Delivery Nightmare | Best Buy review from Destin, Florida

I ordered a $150 printer to be delivered to my home because it was not available for same day pick up (I also purchased another $600 in product for same day pickup in store) I received a UPS notice that I must sign IN PERSON for my package. After confirming with UPS and Best Buy, neither wish to change the delivery method. The Best Buy Representative Richard told me that the person I spoke with to attempt to place my order at 4am on Friday morning should have told me an IN PERSON SIGNATURE was going to be required however they did not. They tried to tell me I could pick my item up at will call, but that option was over an hour away from my home. Because they do not offer any other option my printer will be returned after the 3rd delivery attempt and it will take 7-10 days to receive a refund after they receive the product back and I am left without a printer for my home office and $150 to replace the one I purchased for at least a week. I also purchased the toner at $64 by suggestion of the person that was attempting to order my stuff at 4am Friday morning, and that was available for pick up so I will now have to return that to the store. I might as well return the computer I purchased as well and start all over.....

Best Buy Reserve

I received a "Best Buy Reserve" offer last summer to activate a new phone by end of the year to receive a $50 Gift Card. Hadn't really decided if I was going to get a phone but I replied to the text to place my "reserve" just in case. Eventually I decided to go in and trade it for the next generation. Great chance to get a new phone, right" Plus there was a $50 immediate discount through the manufacturer (Apple) on all IPhones. End of July I bought a phone - had it activated asked about the Best Buy Reserve Offer and was told I would receive an email regarding the "gift". After three weeks I noticed I hadn't received anything - went in the store and asked the cell phone rep and he said I should have received the email and would send it out again, check email within next 30-45 mins. Still nothing...and this happened a few times after several trips into the store and calls to Customer Service over the next 6-8 weeks. Not to mention that I explained the issue over an over again each time I spoke to someone (annoying). Life goes on, I put it aside for awhile since I was getting no where but then in November thought I'd follow-up. Although there were helpful reps that tried many times to send me the supposedly infamous email including the offer that never came, when I finally spoke to a manager I was treated as though I initially contacted Best Buy and made up the offer. I finally wrote to their corporate office and now into the new year received a very vague but harsh letter saying that I did not qualify for any additional reimbursement. So guess what - 2014.... I received a new BB offer for a $50 Gift Card with reservation for new phone purchase. Nope - not going to get my business again. Even though they have trained their employees to be courteous - their management and corporate relations are HORRIBLE!!!! Start retraining your management level on how to treat your customers or maybe to even find out more before putting a hand in the face and stop false advertising BESY BUY(?)! Love my phone but not the shoddy business behind it. I'll bet the manufacturer would not be too happy with the way customers purchasing their product are treated.

NJ In agree Best Buy has 0 customer service & they lie about everything the corporate people are doing anything to scam customers I just bought a laptop & couldn't believe how the employee treated me I want purchase batteries from the crooks....BYe BYe WORST BUY..

The Best Buy offers a mediocre service. The staff is not qualified to discuss the technicality of any product.

I purchased a Nikon camera for over $600, and when I came home and opened the box, there were many items missing. I returned the same day to return it, because I did not want to get stuck with a useless item. After all the hassle, the staff did not even care to prologize for the inconvenience, nor did they offer an explanation to why these items were missing from a perfectly brand new box. Anyway, I will never buy anything from Best Buy, nor will I recommend it to any one.

The store in question is the one located at Ontario street in Vancouver. The staff should learn from the Europeans who treat their customers like Kings.

But then, what could we say, knowing that these stores hire the high school dropouts. what a shame!

Loss

Rec'd damaged TV via shipping a 2nd time and this one clearly had "damage ticket" | Best Buy review from Chatsworth, California

I can't wait to see this store go under. I will fly back to Minneapolis in Richfield MN and have champagne in their parking lot of 494/35W. So....I got a gift card, order car speakers for my BMW - long story, didn't work and never put it BUT spent 3 hours getting a refund for GEEK squad services and they didn't even touch the car. So...I order a TV on line, get it, and pixels are cracked - call online Best Buy, return it and want another one- guy said no problem. I see a "credit" on the gift card when checking balance. WELL, no one was sent. Ok.....I call online Best Buy and the same TV is $20 more and he can't do anything about it.......FINE....order it and now I got one "damaged" and it had a "damage label on the box" and old UPS label with the original guys name on it and he returned it and someone at Best Buy just sent it to me. Back to negative square #3 I guess.

Best Buy won't go under as long as people think that they get low prices there regardless of lousy service. You apparently had purchased stuff there before getting a gift card. With all the bad publicity you stayed a customer.

Product
Best Buy Gift Card
Loss

Beware of the Geek Squad extended warranty | Best Buy review from Merrimack, New Hampshire

I purchased an HP computer and the salesman talked me into purchasing an extended warranty, full coverage he said. I took it in for repair and they said it had 4 viruses and they wanted $200.00 to remove the viruses. When I showed them my copy of the warranty which stated all parts and labor were covered, they were very arrogant and said their computer stated that my warranty did not cover labor. I talked with the local manager and someone at corporate and they were both as arrogant as the Geek Squad joker. I will never enter a Best Buy store again and I have informed many people of the problems I had with them.

why did you expect it to cover virus removal? That would be negligence on your part

Corporate is behind the corruption...Best Buy is officially A piece of ***..

Tags