Iphone 6 Screen Cover Review

I visited my local Besy buy today looking for a case and a screen cover. I was looking at the glass screen cover and it clearly said FOR IPHONE 6 on the tag above the package. I went home to put the screen cover on my iPhone 6 and it's for the iPhone 6 Plus. Great store organization Best buy.

Dishonesty from Best buy

2.6
I ordered the Iphone 6 for my wife the 2nd day that you could pre order. My thinking was that since it took so long for me to get my iphone 5 when I was the first person in line on the first day to preorder and it still took 3 weeks to get my phone that it would be the same this time. I was eligible for renewal Oct. 5th. So I was quite surprised when the day before they went on sale I received an email stating that my phone was in and I could pick it up the next day. I called the next day and explained I was not eligible until Oct 5th but the person on the other line told me I was eligible for a new phone. I asked if they were sure because if I went up there and I wasn't eligible I was going to be very upset. The following day I received a voicemail saying they were mistaken and I was not eligible for the update just yet. I was however eligible for the AT&T Next upgrade. This is what I think they really wanted to sell me and why they lied to me. The following day I called the store and was told they could not help me over the phone. So I went up there and waited for well over an hour while they tried to work things out to no avail. Jonathan, the manager on duty at the time wrote down on a piece of paper that they would hold the phone for me until Oct. 5th. So today (Oct.4th) I called Jonathan and he said the manager, Nick Johnson had said more would come in and he went ahead and sold the phone. I accused them of not caring and lying to a long time customer and Jonathan was just silent. Then all he could say is talk to the manager who would be in tomorrow morning. No apology or anything. All this could of been avoided if Best Buy had said from the get go that they could not hold the phone for me. But then again, as I am starting to learn honesty is not Best Buy's policy.
Service
Best Buy Manager
Lied to
Let the company propose a solution

Disappointed. Saved Best Buy From a Costly Mistake

I'm very disappointed with Best Buy. After alerting them to a mistake, which could have cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost sales. Their response? First, all they offered is a 'tank you'. Then, when I sent an email to their customer service, they offered a $10 gift card. Seriously? A Best Buy customer saves their company hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost sales, alerts them to a pricing error they knew nothing about, and they offer a $10 gift card? I won't be alerting them to pricing errors on their website any more. Here's a clue for Best Buy: when a customer informs you of a major pricing error that saves you from hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost sales, reward them with something more than just a $10 gift card.

What would they do without you?!?! I had no idea you were so important to Best Buy.

You're right though, a $10 gift card is not enough. You deserve at least an $11 or $12 gift card.

What you did for Best Buy is amazing. We are all honored to have you posting here.

@Anonymous

I second that motion, you deserve a cookie!

MattD78

"We try to be as accurate as possible. However, we do not warrant that product descriptions or other Site content is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.

Prices and promotions are subject to change, and may vary from those offered in our stores. We cannot confirm the availability or price of an item until you place your order. Despite our best efforts, rarely an item in our catalog may not be available, the offer may have been misstated, or an item may be mispriced. For any of these reasons, we may cancel your order or we may contact you for instructions on the order."

In other words Best Buy says prices can change or are in error, and if that happens they will cancel the affected orders and notify you of that.

Best Buy obviously protects themselves from egregious pricing errors, they don't need your help.

The $10 gift card was a courtesy. Not only are they under no obligation to 'reward' you, they have no need to since they simply would have cancelled the orders and pointed to their price policy that says "price was in error, too bad".

Prices of pre-orders are subject to change. There's a chance someone would have reviewed it in the weeks before relief.

You also have no idea how many sales they were going to have any for how much margin.

The set could sell for $125 and they might only actually make about $5 on the sale.

Don't consider yourself high and mighty.

I should also note that the pricing was on a pre-order set for $15 when the actual retail price of the item was more than $125. Since an unknown number of people set a pre-order for the item a very expensive Blu-ray boxed set, so much for Best Buy showing gratitude.

View more comments (4)
Product
Best Buy Gift Card
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

Wait 2 hours to be told to order online only | Best Buy review from Niles, Ohio

I looked up a cell phone that I wanted at the Niles Ohio store and it said available for store pick up. I went to the store and started waiting. After almost 2 hours I got to talk to a woman that looked up the item and told me it was only available online. So after all that, I did go ahead and order that cell phone I wanted online..... from Amazon.com. They have better customer service online than Bestbuy does in person. I guess they figure that our time has no value whatsoever and enjoy watching potential customers get frustrated and leave. *** Best Buy and *** their Niles Ohio store! I will never spend a dime with them as long as I live!

did you fully read the description of the phone? just because it says "store pickup" doesn't mean available IN STORE.

without saying which retailer I work for, but I do work for a big box retailer and on our website we get that a lot. people will come in and say "but it says PICK UP IN STORE"

and I have to then goto the item in question on a terminal and show them yes it says pick up in store but that it's only available to order online. the pick up in store option, in our case at least, is there to save the customer shipping & handling if they were to get it shipped to their home.

while I feel bad for your wait from a customer service point of view.

who, honestly, in this day & age would wait 2 hours for a phone at best buy? you could have saved your time & effort and gone to amazon like you ended up doing anyways.

Review
#542099 Review #542099 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Poor customer service
Loss

Best Buy - Defective Laptop Review

We have always enjoyed shopping at Best Buy till this year when we purchased a laptop computer. This computer does not work correctly, so we took it back at the store we purchased it at in Birmingham, Al at the Best Buy on hwy 280. With no resolution with the manager John Downey, we wanted to return the computer, but he insisted we let the geek squad look at it, and they said they removed a virus, installed Web root antivirus, and sent it back home with us. We live a good 75 miles from them one way, and we have made several trips back to them, same problem, computer just does not preform right, same no customer service. I will never buy another item from Best Buy, and we have been treated rudely by everyone that works there, except the day we purchased the computer. BEWARE CUSTOMERS, NO CUSTOMERS SERVICE. Wayne & Judy Rushing

Saying you bought a "laptop computer" is like saying you bought a convertible car. Everyone knows a laptop is a computer.

No need to add the last part, just like everyone knows that a convertible is a car.if the computer is infected with malware/viruses, it does not mean it's a bad computer. You can have a brand new computer and have it infected within a day, and its no ones fault except the owner of the computer. Downloading stuff thats harmfull and going to sites sites that aren't safe.

Now if it's a piece of hardware inside a computer that's bad, then the computer is defective and the manufacturer will fix it at no cost to you. It's not free to fix the issues that you caused.

You are a "Johnny come lately". Read all the similar complaints here.

View more comments (1)

Best buy--no refund

Best Buy Sucks! it is basically a show room in which they are not responsible for the stuff they sell. I bought a Vizio smart tv and lasted me four months. Went to best buy to reclaim my money back and it was a battle I lost. Their policy is: "We will not give you your money back for flaws on the stuff we sell---the greedy stock holders do not care about you---only about your money." Buy the way...Vizio also sucks... After approx. 20 minutes talking to several "robot like people" I left the tv and the store--never to come back--told them they could clean their behinds with the tv.

This guy posting his review about Best Buy not taking his TV back after 4 months is an ***. Nowhere on the TV you purchased does it say "Best Buy." It says vizio.

The other devices that Best Buy sells have little names on them that you may have heard of before like samsung, sony, LG, Asus, etc. Best Buy does not make make the products that they sell. After the return policy is up, it is out of their hands unless you bought the extended warranty. Guess what?

All these company's have a 1 yr MFG warranty that fixes most problems free for your over entitled *** Like the other people on here with common sense said, Best Buy is a retailer just like Walmart or target, they just sell the ***. Do you expect Walmart to fix your TV if something happens to it or return it after 4 months for you? Next thing we'll hear from you is how special you are because you spend a lot of money there at Best Buy and you deserve to be treated different. I'll bet you're Best Buy royalty and they should have bowed down to you.

Well you lost a TV that could have been fixed for free because you acted like a *** bag.

Good luck shopping at Walmart in the future. Maybe they will recognize you're royal status.

Best Buy has a 15 day return policy. 4 months is way past the return policy.

You need to call the manufacturer if you did not buy their extended coverage. There is no reason for them to have to deal with Vizio screwing up.

MattD78

I wish I had a nickel for every reviewer who tried to take an item back to the retail seller after the return policy.

Let me spell it out for you:

Best Buy has a 15 day return/exchange policy. After that 15 days Best Buy does not have anything to do with the tv.

If you have a problem with the tv from that point you need to talk to the manufacturer and their warranty. So no, after 15 days Best Buy is no longer responsible it is the manufacturer, that is why a warranty exists. How long do you expect a retailer to handle your warranty claim?

6 months? A year?

@MattD78

Thank you Matt, it's not like they assemble the vizio in the back room. Best Buy is a RETAILER not a MANUFACTURER. All you had to do was call the MFG and they would have fixed it for free--

Right there, vizio products come with a 1 year warranty!

View more comments (3)
Review

Please dont buy stuff from Bestbuy.. Its a waste of your money !! | Best Buy review from Palatine, Illinois

Hi, I bought 2 wireless mouse from Bestbuy. One worked for 3 months and I opened other one after 3 months and it never worked. When I call the customer care about this, they said, you should have read customer return policy before buying and should have bought warranty. That idiotic customer rep even asked me to go to HP website to return the product. Bestbuy is just waste of money.. Please buy stuff at other places like groupon or Amazon or e-bay. Please buy stuff from BESTBUY if you want to fill your trash bin. Take this review serious or else God have to save you !!
MattD78

"That idiotic customer rep even asked me to go to HP website to return the product."

Hey genius, that is what you do when past the store's return policy and it is now an issue of a manufacturer's warranty due to defect. After Best Buy's 15 day return policy it is no longer their issue.

It then becomes time for YOU to deal with the manufacturer and THEIR warranty.

How long do you expect to be able to exchange an item through Best Buy? 6 months? A year?

It doesn't work that way.

You want to have people shop at Amazon instead? Sure, let's read Amazon's defective item policy:

"If your item isn't working properly, please check the product manual and Amazon.com detail page for troubleshooting steps. If you need additional help with troubleshooting, warranty information, or need missing or replacement parts, contact the product's manufacturer."

Oh look, it says if you need help contact the product's manufacturer for warranty information, the same thing BEST BUY told you to do.

Target, Walmart, HHGregg, any retailer works the same way.

After their designated return/exchange timeframe if anything goes wrong after that you must contact the manufacturer. Welcome to retail shopping.

Review

Inacurate descriptions on Best Buys "Open Box" TVs.

I have been reconfiguring our home. This process required purchasing several televisions. Since we are limited financially, I have been shopping via Best Buys "Open Box" Items. Even though I always call each store and get the scoop on the televisions description, I have been given inaccurate descriptions 50% of the time. After six different all day ventures, (Truck and Gas) I have experienced three TVs with unacceptable deal breakers. One didn't even turn on. Another had IR (Image retention) rendering the TV unwatchable. The third one had two deep scratches on the upper left side. These scratches were so bad, that when the TV was on, all you could see was the scratches. I understand these are open box televisions and may have issues, but those issues should be described in the listing. Even more disturbing, is that after calling the store directly, you are still not given an accurate description. Basically, I have been led on three "wild goose chases" by Best Buys Television departments in the Southern California area. This extra expense nullifies the open box discount. I am not sure what the motivation is behind the inaccurate descriptions on Open Box TV's? Best Buy should describe the TV's they are listing correctly. Strive for a better mark on accurate "Open Box" TV descriptions. 50% is what I experienced.

"open box" means the stuff was returned for example....IT DOESN'T WOR!!!

Service
Best Buy Deal
Not as described/ advertised
I would like to share with you my recent television buying experience. The turmoil’s that I have faced over the past year. Yes, it has taken me an entire year to complete my television purchase from the Magnolia Home Theater Design Center. In November 2013, I was...
Tom

I really wish people would start providing more information on this site. Some of them are actually smart enough to provide a picture of the receipt to save some time!

KUDOS to those who do that! As far as this customer's circumstances are concerned, there is something missing. This story flies is the face of everything I was ever taught about Best Buy and warranty work!

Are things really THAT different in California? It's all spelled out right there in the warranty paperwork!

View more comments
Review

My Toshiba Laptop Arrived by UPS in a Totally Crushed Box | Best Buy review from Hendersonville, North Carolina

UPS delivered a box with my new Toshiba laptop and it was totally smashed. Looks like the truck ran over the box. I'm guessing it was damaged by UPS, but regardless, someone has already opened and resealed the box. Now I have to go to UPS and file a damage claim. I've been on the phone twice for over an hour trying to get the problem resolved without success. I'm going to the store to drop it off and hopefully get a refund. I will never buy another product from Best Buy, and will avoid UPS deliveries like the plague.

A couple of words of advice going forward. If you receive a a package from UPS or Fedex with what appears to be damage to the case open it on the spot in the presence of the delivery person. If the item inside was damaged you're off the hook for it.

Also as much as I hate Best Buy unless they didn't properly pack the item the fault is with UPS not them.

Shut Up MattD78 Worst Buy Bully

MattD78

So if you are saying it was UPS that damaged the laptop and the box why are you blaming Best Buy? Did they tell UPS to crush your laptop?

Do you think Best Buy is happy with UPS about this? Why isn't this complaint under UPS? Best Buy didn't do anything wrong. They gave your laptop to a supposedly reputable shipper expecting it to get to you in one piece.

And for that apparently you won't shop with them anymore. OK.

View more comments (2)