Filter by rating :
filters

Best buy are thiefs

Update by user Apr 15, 2015

had to get the refurbished ipad fix but this time the good news was that apple was going to fix it. and I was sent a refurbished one with its original part. so Im fine with that.

Original review posted by user Oct 14, 2014

Needed to have iPad mini repaired was told to mail it and when I received the iPad it wasn't mine. They mailed me a refurbished one. The back part of the iPad doesn't have the apple logo on it. I called geek squad they said that's what they do now and sorry because I wasn't told about it when I went to the bestbuy store and all I could do about it was to file a complaint. I filed a complaint and the guy (Adrian) told me I wasn't going to get my iPad back, and with the complaint to hope the problem gets solved. Called the corporate office they said almost the same and that I wasn't going to receive the iPad I sent because it was going to get repaired and sent to someone else.

Garcia 282 has no idea what they're talking about. Good luck with ur terrible complaint.

Are you ***ing ***???? On ur terms and conditions it clearly states that you will receive a refurbished product.

Go be an adult and read your terms and conditions that YOU agreed to by signing and paying for. Just because it doesn't have that *** apple logo doesn't mean ***. Having the apple on the back of ur iPad does not make it work better or worse it's just a logo that *** people like. As long as it works to manufacturer standards it is perfectly fine.

That's what a refurbished product is.

Your complaint literally has no merit. They will tell you to read your terms and conditions an enjoy ur ipad.

@Anonymous

u really think that I want the apple logo in the back because the ipad will work better and u really think Im complaining about getting a refurbished ipad! if ur the adult u wouldnt come to this conclusion.

put ur ego to the side and think. I dont care if it was a refurbished ipad. I expect to get an authentic ipad in good conditions. if I wanted to sell the ipad that I received with no ipad logo I wouldnt be able to sell it because people wouldnt believe its an authentic ipad,they will think its a copy cat. best buy has refurbished ipads with the ipad logos on the back and they know people will believe its an ipad and buy it.

its business *** I spent alot of money in a brand new ipad I expect to get it fixed the right way!!! oh and buy the way apple stop letting bestbuy fix there products and I got a ipad with Its original parts. I dont care if its refurbished.

I hope u get an award for defending best buy.

View more comments (2)
Loss

TERRIBLE SERVICE & WARRANTY | Best Buy review

TERRIBLE COMPANY. Every time I call I'm put on a 10 -15 minute hold. Staff is very unprofessional and rude. If you ask for a manager you're put on another 15 min hold. I purchased a warranty for my 3 iphones. When I went to get one repaired because the glass was broken they said it wasn't covered because it was not the right model number. I found that they carried over my warranty on my old iphone 4 to my iphone 4S and didn't change the model number. I have been paying of these warranty's at $16 a month for 3 iphone for 1 1/2 years over $860 and they won't pay a claim on their mistake. I've been given the run around for 6 months now and every time I call I'm placed on hold and told it will be corrected in 7 days. I've been told 7 days for 6 months. I called the corporate headquarters to see if I could get some help with this. They are just as bad. Passing the buck and telling me another 7 days. DO NOT EVER BY A WARRANTY FROM BEST BUY YOU"LL BE SORRY. I'll never purchase another item from Best Buy as long as I'm alive, neither will any of my family members or friends. They are so ***. "One good deed, 10 people will know. One bad deed, 1000's will know" and I plan to tell 1000's. All for a $20. screen replacement. I would have put 0 stars but I couldn't.

umm smells like you got caught up on your own switcha-roo game....

Another satisfied Best Buy customer.

Service
Best Buy Replacement
Cons
  • Customer service

I agree with the reviewer and disagree with those defending Best Buy

I read the comments below passing the buck on the consumer, instead of on the retailer. I suspect they were written by employees or stooges! Best Buy is the Worst Buy, in my opinion. All retailers need to stand behind their products. Walmart does; so does Home Depot. That's why they have been so successful. When everything is now made overseas, where workers are paid as little as 25 cents on the dollar, is it any wonder that quality control is so poor? Where is Best Buy's quality control? Why didn't Best Buy inspect the product before selling it?! Duh? Only stooges would defend a retailer from selling defective merchandise, or its corporate employees, instead of placing the onus on the consumer! Imagine buying a defective vehicle and having one's child killed. Would these *** then say, "gee, you should have inspect the car before buying it"? I agree with the buyer above: Best Buy should be responsible for selling defective merchandise, if it failed to open and inspect the product before selling it. I now buy on Amazon, which stands behind all of its products!

Amazon's autocorrect

I see the people putting thumbs down on the comments haven't read amazon'a policy that was posted by the last guy that commented and posted clearly on amazon'a website. Best Buy and amazon have almost identical policies you dumba$$

How the *** is Best Buy supposed to do quality control and inspect the products? Do you really think Walmart inspects their products?

Your car analogy is terrible. No one is gonna die if their computer or TV goes out or is defective and on top of that, vehicles fail EVERY day. Brakes, transmission, fuel pump, general engine problems. You're probably the type of person that runs over a nail and blames the tire company for your tire being flat.

You've got to be sh!tting me. Read THIS about what amazon has to say about their defective products. "If your item isn't working properly, please check the product manual and Amazon.com detail page for troubleshooting steps. If you need additional help with troubleshooting, warranty information, or need missing or replacement parts, contact the product's manufacturer." Makes sense to sane people huh?

No, I do not work for Best Buy.

I just support common sense. Best Buy doesn't make the products they sell and are not a repair facility even though geek squad does a have a service center.

A few things, first I do not work for Best Buy (in fact I work for another store selling computers and what not), but onto my real points.

How do you define defective?

How is Best Buy supposed to inspect the product? Should they open each package and test them individually?

And if so what do they do when they are asked why the product is opened because from experience customers are not typically fans of open boxes even with a good reason unless you drop the price.

If the product dies after the stores return policy than the manufacturer should take care of it plain and simple.

It is neither the company/store selling the product responsibility to guarantee the products that they are provided to sell. Outside of the return policy go to the manufacturer or the company that the protection plan is with (note its not always the same as the store selling it [I don't know best buy.])

View more comments (3)

Best Buys- Bad service-wont refund money

I went to Best Buys to have computer services. They did fix the problem. Would not refund money over $300.00 They also sold me spyware for over $200.00 which I could have gotten free. Took it back twice... Never go here they do not grantee there work. And sell you stuff you dont need. Total rip offs. Just go to library and use free computers. Very upset with best buy. Never will I seat foot there or buy anything else...YUCK... I called better business bureau... They said get a lawyer. Best buys knows this so they have no reason to make customer happy.

You won't seat foot there because they don't grantee their work? You started by saying they did fix the problem so why would you need a refund.

If you were within policy they absolutely refund over $300.

Nobody forced you to buy spy ware or anti spy ware for $200. Sounds like the problem is you.

Review

Store TV displays prevent sound testing | Best Buy review from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am shopping for 32" TV and have gone to two BEST BUY stores in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Neither one has their smaller sets functioning where you can turn volume up or down. Most (that have manual controls) are turned up to max, but there is no sound. I suspect this is so consumers can not make an informed decision on the sound quality of a particular set. Obviously, you can not compare one to another, either. This is not accidental. They have the worst TV return policy of any major store (15 days), so this is just one more reason not to buy from them.

Right, Best Buy clearly has an incentive to limit their customers from being able to compare products.... Maybe it's because turning up the volume on every TV is very annoying.

Did you ask them to turn it on? They have the remotes and there's no way to permanently mute a TV.

@BBY Employee

Of course there is.... either don't hook up the audio cable or not having audio fed to that section.... try again

1.8
I purchased a new tv from BestBuy and 16 days later it went on sale for 100.00 less. BestBuy customer service said that they were unable to match their sale price because it was more than 15 days from the date of the purchase. I have spent more than 10,000.00 at...
Mike_mn

Wow. How about we force them to take down those yellow poles so you don't have to 'walk around' them!

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Money hungry company
Tags
  • Don t buy from BestBuy

BestBuy/WorstBuy as it applies to GEEK service. | Best Buy review

First I sought out an Ipad mini for my grandsons birthday. The hardware cost between them and WalMart was pretty even, but the warranty was night and day different. Bestbuy was almost the price of another Ipad for 2 years while WalMart was a flat $90. Covers 2 screen breakages etc. Bestbuy is not in the running. Then, I mistakenly bought a desk top HP computer from them and just because I didn't buy the extended warranty, when I had an issue they wouldn't answer my question, they wanted me to bring it in and they'd look at it for $60 or I could return it (I was under 30 days) but had already transferred all my stuff plus put MS Office 2013 on it. The problem was the wifi adapter setting. I got the information on line and fixed it myself. However, BestBuy is only user friendly when they have enough of your money, and they seem to never have enough. I think STAPLES is a much better retailer!

Walmart'a insurance covers 2 cracked screens for $90 and thats it. Best Buy'a will last you the full 2 years, it doesnt matter how many times times you break it.

Which plan sounds better now? Yea.... definately go with Walmart's sounds *** enough to me. And about your computer, they don't have time to diagnose your petty problems over the phone plus it's hard to diagnose computer issues over the phone when you don't have the brightest people describing what's wrong with it.

You will have to stop acting entitled for a day and actually bring bring your computer to them. They cant diagnose or magicly fix it over the phone. The return policy is 15 days not 30 and they were still willing to let you return it yet you still b!#ch because yiy expect to be treated like royalty.When you buy a car from a dealer ship and you need it worked on, they will charge you unless you car is under done kinda warranty.

Just because you bought the car from them doesn't mean they'll fix it for free. Same thing when you buy a computer from Best Buy, just because you bought it from them does not mean they will fix it for you for free or run a diagnostic for free.

Review
Cons
  • Geek response
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
I'll be taking my business elsewhere in the future. Problem solved!

Purchased verizon LG-G3 on Oct 3, 2014 | Best Buy review from Bel Air, Maryland

3.4
At the time I purchased this Lg-G3 it was not on sale, the sales associate told me that if the phone went on sale within 14 days, i could come back in for refund. I checked best buy sales on Oct 10th and found the phone on sale. I called the store and was told that I would not be eligible for the credit. I would need to return the phone and purchase the same phone that is now on sale. REALLY! I will never purchase from Best Buy again! What a disappointing experience with Best Buy. There are other options and I have learned my lesson..Will on hold, the advertizment was tauting Best Buys' match guarantee.. RIGHT!!

What's wrong with having to do that? What's the big fu#king deal? ***....

Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Tags
  • worst company

Restock | Best Buy review

I went to best buy to get a phone case but when I opened the case it was broken and scratched and when I tried to return it they charged me a restock fee! Then I tried to exchange it for the same case but then they said it was out of stock and they would restock it in one month! After one month I went back and they said the shipment hadn't arrived yet. After half a month they said it was out of stock! When it was finally in stock they said I couldn't exchange it but I could return it but I would be charged with a restock fee! Best Buy sucks!

Does this mean you won't go back to Best Buy soon or never again? I wonder how many of these customers with complaints really mean they will never go back. Best Buy customers are so gullible.

@No Best Buy

I used to be a customer of Best Buy until I got screwed over by them and have only gone back to use them as a showroom before buying the items online. I can't imagine what would ever get me to spend another cent there!

Geek Squad Protection Review

I purchased geek squad plan for my laptop for security and no security was installed so my lap top developed a virus. Geek squad will not make it good so I am stuck with them. Will never do business with geek squad or best but ever again. PISSED IN ARIZONA!