Verified Reviewer

Hello I have been a happy Best Buy customer for many years.

I recently decided to purchase an iPad Pro and decided to purchase from Best Buy so I could use my BB City card and get 0% interest on a payment plan.

I ordered an iPad Pro, keyboard, and apple pen. I placed one order for all 3 items and paid for 2-day shipping.

The pen and keyboard were delivered to the correct address that was on the order, but the iPad was sent to a strange address in California.

I immediately called Best Buy and (after 2 hours on hold) was told that nothing could be done. They could stop the delivery, but that was it. I was not offered a refund, a replacement, or any solution. I was told that since it was > $700 it needed to be escalated to another department and I would be contacted in 2-3 days.

That was Wednesday, June 24.

By Saturday, June 27 I had not heard anything. I called customer service again and was almost IMMEDIATELY offered a refund, even though a refund was not an option in my previous call and my case clearly had not been reviewed after being escalated... and still no explanation for what happened or offer of replacement.

I was issued a refund, but was told to just “order it again.” I am absolutely NOT going to risk going through this again by purchasing ANOTHER iPad and hope that it is sent to the right place. I will NOT spend my money at Best Buy if I cannot receive my items, and cannot be adequately supported in the solution to the problem.

I am truly disappointed in the ridiculous protocols established for the representatives to have to follow, which very obviously are putting the innocent reps at risk of being berated by unhappy customers who aren’t being helped by the processes.

Kathy and Yvonne were both very patient and helpful, but clearly did not have many options to offer a customer who lost a $1000 package because of Best Buy’s error.

I am demanding a replacement iPad to be shipped immediately, with free overnight shipping. My package was supposed to arrive 4 days ago, and I expect that time to be honored.

I would also expect and appreciate a discount or free item. The Anker - Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro True Wireless In-Ear Headphones - Black are equivalent to a 15% discount, which I feel is appropriate due to the lack of responsibility on Best Buy’s part, as well as the stress caused and 5+ hours on the phone to come to such a lousy response.

If I cannot receive a discount and/or free item, I will take my refund and happily purchase my iPad directly from Apple or another seller, and I will no longer be a Best Buy customer or cardholder.

User's recommendation: Don’t do it!

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Replacement item with free overnight shipping, 15% discount or item equivalent (anker soundcore earbuds).

Best Buy Cons: Uninformed staff, Best buy tech issues unable to purchase product i wanted, Lack of knowledge, Lack of accountability, No solution proposed.

Comments

Had you checked the address before you completed the transaction this fiasco could've been avoided. But at least you elivated the situation by becoming a selfish pig and ask for discounts for problems you created. Grow up karen

Best Buy Reviews