Best Buy - Bad customer service
This letter is to complain about service and a product we recently received from your Company, Best Buy at the Pinole, CA location on August 24, 2010. We went into exchange a camera that had stopped working 37 days after we had purchased it. The first Assistant Managers (Earl) did not even want to listen to my concern, he simply stated your return police and that was it. All we want to do was exchange the camera. We asked for a corporate phone number and a District Manager name and number. We were given the 1-800 numbers but only the first name of the DM and no information on how to contact him. After spending an hour or more on the phone with customer service they finally sent another Assistant Manager (Joe) over to talk with us. And I could just read it on his face that he was going to tell us the same thing and state the same policy. He did listen to our concern about the product. But stated he was not going to do anything other than what the policy stated. At some point in the conversation Joe had the nerve to ask me if I had called Canon (The manufacture). I replied; I didn't buy it from Canon, I purchased it from Best Buy; whom I thought was a repeatable Company. However both ASM stated that they would send the camera in for repairs. We didn't feel that was fair, the camera stopped working 33 days after it was purchased, and had only been used 3-4 times. When we returned home we goggled the information that we had asked for. We found and called a district office in South Cal who gave us the phone number of the District office in Pleasant Hill, CA. I spoke with the DM Assistant Michelle who told me that she would have John North (DM) call me; with he did not. The next day, Michelle called me back and stated the same policy. The only different was that the store would supply us with an out of box camera to use while the camera we have purchased was being repaired. Just a note she also asked if I had contacted Canon the manufacture, I told her the same as I told Joe. When I took the camera back into the store Richard the store Manger told me that I would have to purchase the loaner camera. At this point needless to say, I was quite frustrated and fed up with the lack of customer service I had received from your Company. So with no other opinion I let them send the camera in for repair.
On July 13, 2010 I purchased a Canon Powershot SX120IS Camera for $229.99. We took the camera on a family vacation on August 19, 2010 and after using it for one day it stopped working on the 20th, 33 days after I had purchased it. When powered on an error message appears on the screen and then powers off. Yes on your receipt it states no refund or exchange after 14 days. But what product stops working in 14 days? We were not asking for a refund, we only wanted to exchange the camera for the same item.
We expected a much higher level of service from your company, and we are quite disappointed with the level of customer service we had received in your store and from a district level. We now feel that we cannot trust your company any more due to the inability to take responsibility for the products that you sell that may be defective. When the camera is returned to us we would like to be able to take it in for a full refund. Because of lack of customer service from a store level and the district level we feel as if the only thing your company cares about is getting the customers money, and then the *** with them if some things goes wrong with the product. We will be informing our friends and family about this experience. And we strongly have doubts about ever shopping with your Company again. The dollar is the only thing your company cares about, not the customer!!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Dear Mr. Jim Millerborg (Sam's Club; Wichita Kansas 316-945-3010)My name is Kimberly Vu-Childrey and I'm just one of Sam's customers. I have purchased and IPod-touch on 01/18/2010, with the 2yr..."
- "I had purchased a washing machine from Best Buy Allen Park, I had it delivered and installed in October 2009, it was messing up in 2012 and it recently started..."
- "February 24, we received delivery of our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Searsâ€™s delivery. When plugged it made a loud, continuous noise. A replacement refrigerator is scheduled for delivery..."
- "Don't get me wrong, I loved this place. I bought so many things here, but if anything goes wrong with your order, they are absolutely woeful addressing it. We ordered 2..."
- "I'm attaching a letter from the Privacy Compliance Program Manager NCAL Regional Compliance & Privacy Office of Kaiser Permanente. They have gone into my Kaiser online Secure Member email & removed..."
- "I deposited $100 at the Oakland Chinatown HSBC ATM. I took a little long to gather the 5 twenty dollar bills, when I finally put the cash in the slot,..."
- "These people are sick and pathetic! They can't even have the decency to make these obvious fake profiles seem halfway believable! There is no such thing as a 22 year old..."
- "My experience with HHGregg, Waldorf, MD started out horrible. My first visit resulted in me walking out due the Manager's attitude regarding the pricing (only asked how the package..."
- "The customer service and claims service is terrible. Your bounced around or dropped into a voice mail and forget about a call back. The staff is always on vacation..."